AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 13 10.83%
Nino 18 15.00%
Miku 68 56.67%
Yotsuba 9 7.50%
Itsuki 11 9.17%
Other 1 0.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old Today, 03:03   Link #2881
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^ Yea man, I'm definitely "wronging" you... Your posts reek of bias, but you feel wronged when it gets pointed out? Oh, sure. Fixate on the one thing I didn't address. Let's sweep everything else you've said under the rug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yeah Nino is super awesome and stuff, but that never won MC bowl to anyone (maybe except Sheryl and even shee needed incurable disease first). Miku still has better chances and weirdly even Yotsuba catches up. Nino being proactive (which was always her thing) will not do her any favors until she improve her relationship with Fuutarou and that need significant course correction
Quote:
She needs use screen time she already has better, because one sided attack already lost momentum. She certainly shouldn't get more screen time. I agree with that.
Quote:
Currently Nino has only her agressive approach and Fuutarou doesn't react to it in any way. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is definition of insanity. She was in better position before confession, because Fuutarou didn't have his guard up at least.

Miku in other hand isn't stuck yet. Fuutarou and her are somehow close and he unlike Nino there is actual need adress her situation somehow. It can sink or progress, but either way this arc will certainly change status quo somehow.
Quote:
Well Miku got some results in some cases (get him not see quints as just his students, recognizing her ect) and was stopped by external circumstances in others (in which case is impossible determine whether method was right or wrong). She did different things and got different results. This from most part is not argument why Miku gonna be successful or whatever, but just pointing how falacious is that comparison.

And yes she got shafted and might got into slump too. I said so myself. But until that actually happens she is in game. What happens next is just speculation and there is no really any hints which way it will go.

Itsuki and Ichika are certainly "insane" in this context. And Yotsuba seems to get pretty close with Fuutarou too without having clearly defined relationship like others she might surprise and overtake Nino.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:08   Link #2882
Tenzen12

Yes, I stand behind these posts and refuse any allegations of bias. Actually could you point what parts are suppossed be biased?
Old Today, 03:22   Link #2883
Lex79

Quote:
You are wronging me. I don't "downplay" Nino for Miku sake. Hell I even said Yotsuba getting better chances (which was ignored). Nino is stuck and girls who only has agressive/frank approach without other kind of progress on side pretty much never win. In that regard she is on same level as for example Asa from Hikaru or Satsuki from Ichigo and you might know how it went for them. Negi can change that in future, but until he does Nino is in bad spot and other got advantage because that.

We can argue about Miku if you want, but that's different issue.
That's why Nino helping Miku into gathering her courage and confidence is dangerous.
Old Today, 03:45   Link #2884
Tenzen12

It is as long as Fuutarou take notice of it (and is not overshadowed by Yotsuba doing same).

But yes, this certainly could be way to victory if Negi going to play it that way.
Old Today, 05:32   Link #2885
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Personally, I think that while Fuu suspecting that Miku held feelings towards him is indeed notable, the fact remains that he still chose to ignore the situation altogether. What if Miku never confessed to him? Or what if by the time she finally decided to confess, he already fell for another quint? What happens then? Considering what his current mindset is, he would've left things as they are and pretended to have not noticed anything.

Yet, when I criticize her for dragging her feet too long or express my concerns with regard to Negi messing up the timing, I'm met with excuses such as "I have faith in Negi's writing" and "she'll be fine, things will work out for her by the end". I'm sitting here asking myself "do these people not see how mediocre Negi's writing is lately? Where's this confidence coming from?"
We can play with "What if..." scenarios, but they remain "What if..." scenarios.
Fuutarou ignored the situation, because he also has self-esteem issues. He noticed the chocolates, but downplayed it, because surely, Miku's intent couldn't be conveying her love for someone like him. As time passed and the quints took different approaches, he can't ignore their love anymore, but it's still an embarrassing topic for him.

I can agree with you regarding Negi's writing.
My biggest issue with the latest chapter is how the situation should have been about Ichika backstabbing Miku, yet it turned into Miku crying and blaming herself for everything that happened, no hard feelings for Ichika, and Nino is like... fine with it, and only says that she is also cute, and she shouldn't assume she have already lost. Ichika is a vixen, and they drop the topic. How did we end up with encouragement for Miku, when the trustworthy Onee-san was the perpetrator for her suffering in the first place, yet Ichika's disguise got swept under the rug? I was anticipating the self-confidence discussion for a long time, and it was so anticlimactic, cheap, and no backstory at all... Compare it to the parallel talk from Chapter 46, and tell me Nino's speech was better, but you can't.

Miku standing up for herself and calling out Ichika should happen, without a drastic change in her personality. It's the bare minimum I'm asking for, but yeah, I don't have the confidence in Negi anymore to anticipate him deliver with that. And while he doesn't deliver with Miku, more and more people are hopping in the Nino bandwagon. All according to keikaku.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, student-tutor