AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-03-31, 16:08   Link #1
Tenzen12

Kaguya-sama wa kokurasetai

Name: Kaguya-sama wa kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no renai zunousen
Alternative name: Kaguya wants to be confessed.
Author: Akasaka Aka

Synopsis:
Quote:
People fall in love, confess and get together. No matter who you ask, everyone would agree that the hat is wonderful thing.

BUT THAT'S WRONG!! There is clearly defined relationship of power between lovers! One that controls and who is controlled. The one who obeys and one who is obeyed. Looser and winner. If you aspire for something higher than your position, you will undoubtedly became looser! Love is war and one that falls in love looses.

...or that what two most prominent members of highly prestigious private academy school council believe in at least. Who will one to confess and who will be one confessed. President Shirogane, or vice president Kaguya their everyday battles over supremacy begin.
It is sort of like Death note: the romcom. Where both main characters employ various over convulsive mind games to get other one make first step... with hilariously mixed results. Manga became the enough popular to switch from monthly magazine to weekly one recently
Old 2016-03-31, 19:08   Link #2
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Name: Kaguya-sama wa kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no renai zunousen
Alternative name: Kaguya wants to be confessed.
Author: Akasaka Aka

Synopsis:

It is sort of like Death note: the romcom. Where both main characters employ various over convulsive mind games to get other one make first step... with hilariously mixed results. Manga became the enough popular to switch from monthly magazine to weekly one recently
They could learn a lesson from Brody and Hummer.

Last edited by bakato; 2016-05-19 at 19:15.
Old 2016-05-19, 17:52   Link #3
Kunagisa

Kinda wish this continued on seiga on Nico. The tsukkomi was fun. Also, tfw Fujiwara actually lost in "Chapter 17" (they should've went with the new magazine's chapter numbering).
Old 2016-05-19, 18:57   Link #4
NeutralZero

like the series and both characters are tsundere to one another
and these are the rare kind of tsundere and not the devil spawn of Louise tsundere
rooting for the 3rd wheel secretary to finally give them the push to confess to one another
Old 2016-05-20, 09:45   Link #5
Tenzen12

Well, while they are definitely more benign than Louise, their mind is full of evil thoughts. Though they can't even compare to true criminal mastermind pretending to be airhead secretary...
Old 2016-05-20, 11:03   Link #6
NeutralZero

The power of the air? head secretary should not be trifled with
but looks like a new wild card enters with Kaguya's valet, Ai hayasaka...
still can't get over with her after she asked Kaguya if the pres and the secretary started dating and even try texting the pres when kaguya's too tsun to do it...
Old 2016-09-05, 09:51   Link #7
Zooasaurus

Just Ishigami things
Old 2016-09-05, 12:47   Link #8
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooasaurus View Post

Just Ishigami things
I can relate to Ishigami on that
Old 2016-09-05, 17:37   Link #9
The One Above God
Kamijou

Ishigami is easily the best side character here.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
Old 2016-09-05, 17:43   Link #10
Tenzen12

You mean he is better than "The puppet master"/"Cotton candy MK.2" secretary and ninja gal maid?

I wouldn't be so daring to clearly announce victor here...
Old 2016-09-06, 06:52   Link #11
Zooasaurus

Fujiwara is the best supporting/side character. I mean, just look at the wiener and Club episode

Also, i don't quite understand why this thread is so empty. The manga is a brilliant romcom IMO
Old 2016-09-06, 20:10   Link #12
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooasaurus View Post
Also, i don't quite understand why this thread is so empty. The manga is a brilliant romcom IMO
An episodic comedy manga like this doesn't exactly give much to discuss.
Old 2016-09-07, 00:21   Link #13
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

There's A LOT more discussion on manga aggregate sites. Not unusual really, this sub-forum is a wooded mountain village compared to those online metropolises, and banter needs volume to sustain itself. For what's it worth this is inarguably one of the most popular commented upon manga on those sites. It's kind of brilliant.
Old 2016-09-07, 07:00   Link #14
WingedAccelerator

Nice to see how the series gets more and more attention. ^^
I kinda played with the thought of an anime adaptation in the near or distant future. It has the advantage of being a weekly series with considerable amount of dialogue, so I don't really see more than 3 chapters being adapted into a single episode. The first 3 chapters would be perfect for the pilot episode. As for the cast:
The president screams Uchiyama Kouki for me. A nice deep voice that works really well with comedic scenes.
Not sure, if Hayami Saori gets a lot of hate or not being in many shows, but I think she would be great as Kaguya. She can do the tsun side and the dere side wihout fail.
Fujiwara just needs a cute voice, but to be more specific, Minase Inori would be my choice. Minase Inori has a tendency of voicing fan favorites, or rather her roles seems to be popular most of the time. Hestia, Rem, Chino...
For Ishigami, Okamoto Nobuhiko came to my mind first, but Matsuoka Yoshitsugu wouldn't be bad either.
Dunno about the studio though. If it gets decent budget and directing, then almost every studio would be fine.
Old 2016-09-07, 07:34   Link #15
Sixth
Hu Tao

Just read around 4 chapters, and wow, it did gave me the vibe of the death note in cute way. Both of them were meant for each other because they were definitely think too much. I like how Kaguya thinks Fujiwara as nothing but a cattle that trying to ruin her life.
Old 2016-09-07, 07:37   Link #16
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

This thread's finally getting some momentum, I see

Spoiler for Thoughts:

How is this manga doing in terms of sales? The author's previous work got axed. You could really feel the regret and want to continue it in the afterword. :/ Don't want the same thing befalling this one as well.
Old 2016-09-07, 08:37   Link #17
Tenzen12

It have to sell pretty well. Kaguya was originally monthly manga but because popularity it changed to weekly magazine, so...

Speaking of possible adaptation Fukuyama would make nice president, Ishigami would be Ono. Hayamin is good VA, but I don't wanna see her as Kaguya, she can do moore than just ojou kuudere. Oregairu did pretty disservice to her boxing her in that archetype imho. Maybe have her play fujiwara, she is good in airhead roles.
Old 2016-09-07, 09:44   Link #18
WingedAccelerator

The ratings from Amazon are also great, if it means anything.

As for the weekly rankings:
Spoiler:

If Hayamin won't get Kaguya, then Hayasaka is her role. It will be similar to her role as Ryu in DanMachi.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2016-09-07 at 09:55.
Old 2016-09-22, 20:00   Link #19
Tenzen12

Oh so it's here, Shirogane and Kaguya together finally climbed stairs of adulthood...
Old 2016-09-23, 12:24   Link #20
Wandering Soul

Wow, I really wasn't expecting that from Kaguya. I burst out laughing at that page.

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life