AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Kanon - 2006 - Characters Poll II (Multiple Choice!)
Yuuichi 219 42.28%
Ayu 235 45.37%
Nayuki 219 42.28%
Shiori 168 32.43%
Makoto 159 30.69%
Mai 263 50.77%
Akiko 71 13.71%
Akiko's Jam 101 19.50%
Kaori 49 9.46%
Jun 33 6.37%
Mishio 29 5.60%
Sayuri 157 30.31%
Piro 53 10.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 518. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-02, 19:00   Link #81
Kristen
*Author

Ought to vote.
My favorite charecter of all times is still Ayu. She is just adorable, and her presence seemed to be the most intriguing part of the anime. She had the second most emotional arc of the story (Who can beat the Makoto arc?), and I just loved her personality.
And then an outsider. I really liked Kaori. Throughout the anime, she proved time and time again to be one of the most intriguing charecters. She was miss stuck up popular at the start, class rep after that, then the soulless sister, etc. Something about her intrigued me, and I liked her for that. Beyond that, she also is one of the most developed minor charecters I've seen. Her voice actor was impressive also.
Old 2007-09-10, 01:29   Link #82
Aznbanana

1. Nayuki (I love her way too much MORE SCREEN TIME DAMNIT)
2. Sayuri (Cutest one ever and her story made me sad )
3. Mai (I love her character)
4. Yuuichi (3 best male lead after Kyon with Yuiji still being the best)
5. Akiko (MILF is all i have to say)
5. Akiko's Jam (Food for the Gods)
6. Makoto (Her story brought me to almost tears)
Aznbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 07:23   Link #83
xyber9x
Maria watches Over Us

I really like ayu uguu she sound really kawai!!!!!!
xyber9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 02:59   Link #84
Fweakin

This was actually a really hard poll. I empathised and liked all of the characters (probably barring Nayuki but she even she grew on me by the second watch through).

I ended up voting for Ayu and Kaori, but I tragically forgot to tick Mai (so an unofficial vote goes to her)

Ayu gets my vote for making me laugh with her comedic earnest-ness (yes, I know, but I can't think of the actual word at the moment so this butchering of the language will have to suffice). Add to that the fact she refers to herself with boku and that Yui Horie does an awesome job not making uguu sound absolutely retarded (which it could have very well been) means that she she gets top marks.

Kaori also gets marks because of how human her behaviour towards her sister is. She knows she's making a mistake, and it's obviously tearing her up, but she so desperately fears how shattered she'll be when the supposed inevitable happens that she can't bring herself to change. Plus she's voiced by Ayako Kawasumi, which also helps. (Saber and Chikane/Kaon FTW)

My accidental omission goes to Mai just for her characters versatility. She could be rip-snortingly hilarious and then tear-jerkingly dramatic when prompted into one of her spazz outs. And her character design is one of the best in the series. I love the shots of her near the window, holding the sword with the blue colouring.
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 03:10   Link #85
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himemiya613 View Post
Mai - shes so cute, especially the little version of her, i wonder why i keep calling her setsuna ???
Oh please don't do that D= you made me cry

It's so obvious who is my fave of all

Mai Kawasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 05:06   Link #86
Woodchips
つかれた!

Muzukashi na?

There were a lot of characters that I liked in this series, and none that I disliked, so I had to go with only the ones that really got to me.

Kyonichi: The male lead that we have all been waiting for. He's snarky, witty, caring and not a social retard. Fangirls rejoice! In all seriousness it is nice to see a male character that can interact with female anime characters and not die of bloodloss or blush every 3 seconds. I keep breaking down whenever I hear him start to cry.

Mai: My favourite of the female cast. She speaks in a monotone and seems emotionless, but it is revealed later on that she actually cares a great deal for her friends. She's also incidentally funny and her interactions with Yuuichi are comedy gold. She is also responsible for one of my favourite dramatic moments in the series, madly letting her frustrations out on surrounding objects as she mourns for Sayuri's health. One last thing: "Too close to read...too close to read...too close to read."

Sayuri: A very complex character who pleasantly surprised me as the series went on. At first glance she is the typical genki girl who befriends the strange delinquent, but it is shown much later that she carries a very dark past and is simply trying to recover from her (physical and mental) wounds. Her interactions with Mai are touching, and her 'Ahaha's will be forever ingrained in my memory.

Kaori: The surprise packet of the show. I initially thought that she was just going to be the token female friend in the show, but the writers and the director added some endearing depth to her character. Her struggle with Shiori's prognosis were heartbreaking, and all too realistic. It was obvious that she loved her younger sister dearly, but could not find the strength or the will to put herself through more emotional torment to help her. It's obvious that her decision bothers her, but she can't deal with it in any other way. Somehow the subtleties of her pain were more touching than some of the more obvious ones. Add to that she was hilariously cold toward Jun. "Kao~ri! Matte yo!"

Props to Ayu (Liked her, but she wasn't a favourite as such - much love for her Boku references) and Piro (Kawaii ne?).
Woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 07:52   Link #87
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Nayuki: Kawaii FTW!!! She's got to be the most cutest, yet believable female characters of all times! Not overtly saccharine sweet, not too airheaded, yet quite realistic personality wise.

Yuiichi: He's one of the most believable, personality-wise, anime character I've ever seen. He isn't a human punchbag (Keitaro anyone?) who takes any bullshit, he isn't a pervert (99.9999% of all male anime characters) and he isn't a dark, broody asshole whom everyone likes for no reason (Sasuke). So basically he's a very 3-D character, and that is what I most like about him.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 13:08   Link #88
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Ayu will and always be number 1 for me. I mean, of all the Kanon stories, her's probably the dramatic one (followed by Makoto's anyway). Besides, she's cute, she's hyper, and she always says Uguu which is part of her charm no?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 13:15   Link #89
Nyao
>Enter title here<
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nyao
I must say Mai for me, she also has a dramatic past and is a shy character which I love ^^.
Nyao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 21:51   Link #90
EternalDragonWarrior
Haruhiist/Konata Fanboy

Shiori and Ayu for me, especially the former. She was enough to make me get the game ^_^
EternalDragonWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 12:39   Link #91
~ Lawliet ~

Shiori, Nayuki, Makoto, and Sayuri.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 16:49   Link #92
Ultenth

Mai, Sayuri and Yuuichi.

Their interactions together are so well written, funny, heartwarming and cute. Yuuichi is just about the very first harem anime lead that I've actually been able to understand why all the girls like him. Sayuri is so adorable, and the reasoning behind her very proper manners is very touching, and I love the way she reacts to Yuuichi teasing Mai. Mai of course like many is my favorite character overall, she's just so cute in a way that she's not trying to be. She's very moe, but without the standard characteristics of having to be tsundere, or helpless and clumsy, or anything like that. Plus her delayed/non reactions to Yuuichi's teasing is so fantastic.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 21:47   Link #93
BlueRise
anime addict
*Artist

mai,ayu, and nayuki
BlueRise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 17:17   Link #94
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

I would have to say Ayu by a mile, she's so cute and i love her hyper but vulnerable personality, and throughout the sad arc of her's i got to love her character even more, plus you have to love her phrase "aguu".
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 01:02   Link #95
Shizzon
MEDIC!!

Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
Ayu- simply because her character was super kawaii. plus her saying "uguuu" everytime she was uncertain made her so funny. Ayu's story was interesting in the fact that when you see her fall from the tree, you too thought she had died. i was relieved at the end when they showed she was still alive.

Makoto- her story was really a sad one that almost had me crying when she disappeared. i really like her when she was all human but the more she became like a animal in human form the more i loved her character.
Shizzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 21:59   Link #96
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRise View Post
mai,ayu, and nayuki
Same here, Uguu has her moments.

Last edited by aldw; 2007-12-30 at 12:35.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 22:10   Link #97
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

I like everybody except Makoto.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 00:45   Link #98
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
I can tell that Mai's my favourite character =]

She reminds me of Aono from Sola.
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 15:42   Link #99
Logax

Definatly Ayu in the lead followed closely by Nayuki and Makoto. Tough to be honest all of them where great characters but if i had to choose those would be the ones. Just thinking, her Uguu~ power got to me...
Logax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 23:36   Link #100
Nayuki Minase

I love nayuki!!!!!!!!
She is damn cute.......
especially nayuki's sleepy face........
Mai is one of my favorite too........
Nayuki Minase is offline   Reply With Quote