AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-23, 16:03   Link #2441
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by paptimus View Post
I have a feeling that mikoto and toumas meeting in russia is going to be hilarious, especially with lessa around him.
I'm sure when they meet up, sparks will fly, literally.
Old 2010-03-23, 16:18   Link #2442
sandman64

Wow I just read the latest from Volume 9. First I want to thank Teh_Ping for working so hard making it possible for us to get what is happening. THANK YOU

Second, is that the first time Touma openly admitted lust/attraction to a girl? I mean not only does he scream “I WANT A KISS!!” , but he also says “So magnanimous! So completely different from those girls who bite others and those who give others a punch! I’m about to sink in this warmth!” and I really feel like handing myself over to you……” Openly in front of Fukiyose! Hahaha

Most of the time, when Touma gets in an 'unfortumate' situation he either panics, keeps it to himself, or completely doesn't notice-So it's refreshing for a change for him to make comments like this!
Old 2010-03-23, 17:06   Link #2443
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
I'm sure when they meet up, sparks will fly, literally.
uhm, no? misaka is a tsundere, but not the overbearing type who attacks the guy she likes just because he's with another girl...at least she doesn't look like that type...
Old 2010-03-23, 17:22   Link #2444
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
uhm, no? misaka is a tsundere, but not the overbearing type who attacks the guy she likes just because he's with another girl...at least she doesn't look like that type...
Remember when Mikoto saw Touma with 10032 in vol 12? She tried to electrocute him several times.

If Touma is seen with another girl and Mikoto misunderstands the situation as Touma flirting with other girls (and that probably will happen, considering his rotten luck), then she'll attack at full power. Then again, she did have more reasons to back then, since Touma WAS supposed to be on a date with her and ended up ditching her several times.
Old 2010-03-23, 18:16   Link #2445
paptimus
dark nexon

guys i am sure we discussed it axillion times but WE NEED AN UPDATE FOR TOUMAS POWER ,this will heat things in Russia. Russia is going to turn into a gigantic battle royal since all the stars are jumping in one after the other.
Old 2010-03-23, 18:17   Link #2446
tsunade666

Quote:
She did tried to electrocute him on her date with him when she saw his with imouto. Plus sparks are flying when she first saw touma and index in the underground railway.

Plus this time too because Touma should be in academy city but his not. That's probably more reason to electrocute him plus his with a girl!!! "who wouldn't get angry on your husband that should have arrive at home already but then you found out his with a girl"

Finally an update with vol 13. And then finally a confirmation on Accel's mouth himself that he can't do what he can do before. Specifically what he had done to save Last Order. As for his current self he doesn't have the computational ability to purge all the threat inside Last Order. So the only way to save her is to rescue her and kill Kihara...... great his really a monster before brain damage.
Old 2010-03-23, 19:35   Link #2447
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
guys i am sure we discussed it axillion times but WE NEED AN UPDATE FOR TOUMAS POWER ,this will heat things in Russia. Russia is going to turn into a gigantic battle royal since all the stars are jumping in one after the other.
Gotta tell Kazuma Kamachi that lol.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-03-23, 20:30   Link #2448
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Plus this time too because Touma should be in academy city but his not. That's probably more reason to electrocute him plus his with a girl!!! "who wouldn't get angry on your husband that should have arrive at home already but then you found out his with a girl"
The little problem is Touma has not that sort of relation with Mikoto. He is free! And at the same time is very busy with the magic side.

Quote:
Touma's power to show his real potential is required an OVERWHELMING POWER, probably more than Aiwass.
Old 2010-03-23, 20:47   Link #2449
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I feel that instead of having Mikoto meetign Touma, I think things would be far more interetsing if she runs into Misaka Worst.
And instead of having Mugino runs into Hamatzura, have her run into Mikoto. Things ought to be more exciting this way.
Old 2010-03-23, 22:03   Link #2450
Miraluka
Banned

If is about interesting meetings the better will be:

1.- Accelerator.
2.- Misaka Worst.
3.- Mugino Shizuri(with her new "look").

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-03-23 at 22:35.
Old 2010-03-23, 22:12   Link #2451
giorno

i dunno, the perspective of an acqua vs mugino and mugino actually immediately forgetting shiage and going all dere dere for superman and hook up with him is kinda interesting...

RANDOM RANT: the events of volume 12 were actually kind of justified, Touma was supposed to be on a date with her afterall...what makes mikoto a good character despite being a tsundere is exactly the fact that she's not the "i like you so i will interfere with your life and any and all relationships you may have with other girls and get unjustifiably angry and violent on you for even so much as speaking to another girl despite having absolutely no right to do so"...
Old 2010-03-23, 22:38   Link #2452
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
i dunno, the perspective of an acqua vs mugino and mugino actually immediately forgetting shiage and going all dere dere for superman and hook up with him is kinda interesting...
Going yandere for superman . Acqua going for Fiamma and just next to him, a evil girl with serious obsessions(Kakine, Shiage....) OK who is the next?

Quote:
RANDOM RANT: the events of volume 12 were actually kind of justified, Touma was supposed to be on a date with her afterall...what makes mikoto a good character despite being a tsundere is exactly the fact that she's not the "i like you so i will interfere with your life and any and all relationships you may have with other girls and get unjustifiably angry and violent on you for even so much as speaking to another girl despite having absolutely no right to do so"...
Did you forget the events before the begining of Index series? She still was throwing lighthings and thunders to him oftenly only because he was.... just avoiding problems with her?
Old 2010-03-23, 23:32   Link #2453
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Going yandere for superman . Acqua going for Fiamma and just next to him, a evil girl with serious obsessions(Kakine, Shiage....) OK who is the next?

Did you forget the events before the begining of Index series? She still was throwing lighthings and thunders to him oftenly only because he was.... just avoiding problems with her?
What events before the beginning of the Index series? Mikoto's first meeting with Touma was the same as in Index, where Touma tries to save her from a bunch of thugs.

The only thing the Railgun manga added on was that Mikoto pestered Touma for a fight a lot before the Sisters arc came around.

Though even back then, Mikoto was still aware of her surroundings. She only zaps Touma if there aren't any bystanders nearby (thugs obviously don't count)

Anyway, I just read the update to vol9 ch2. You know, this proves that Mikoto would get more affection from Touma if she weren't so tsundere about it and was more honestly kind to Touma.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2010-03-24 at 00:35.
Old 2010-03-24, 01:13   Link #2454
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Wouldn't Aqua just deem Mugino evil and crush her? I mean, after all, Aqua's taste in women is pretty normal.
Old 2010-03-24, 03:04   Link #2455
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What events before the beginning of the Index series? Mikoto's first meeting with Touma was the same as in Index, where Touma tries to save her from a bunch of thugs.
What are you talking about? We only saw their first meeting in Railgun. The whole point of Mikoto is that she is the link to Touma's recent past before his brain got fried.

The bridge scene is actually him trying to save the thugs from Mikoto.
Old 2010-03-24, 04:25   Link #2456
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman64 View Post
Second, is that the first time Touma openly admitted lust/attraction to a girl? I mean not only does he scream “I WANT A KISS!!” , but he also says “So magnanimous! So completely different from those girls who bite others and those who give others a punch! I’m about to sink in this warmth!” and I really feel like handing myself over to you……” Openly in front of Fukiyose! Hahaha
Touma likes the onee-san type, and well, Seiri is all tsun-tsun over him anyway. I'm guessing he views Oriana as his saviour, not as a sexual target, since you have to consider what was going on between him and Seiri before that (or Index for that matter) (Now that's going to hurt...)

Btw, Part 7 done. 60%. Let the chase begin....

The editor was asking for some good chase music, I'm recommending the start of Railgun ep 2.
Old 2010-03-24, 05:30   Link #2457
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Touma likes the onee-san type, and well, Seiri is all tsun-tsun over him anyway. I'm guessing he views Oriana as his saviour, not as a sexual target, since you have to consider what was going on between him and Seiri before that (or Index for that matter) (Now that's going to hurt...)

Btw, Part 7 done. 60%. Let the chase begin....

The editor was asking for some good chase music, I'm recommending the start of Railgun ep 2.
Lol, looks like Touma accidentally screwed up Oriana's evasive countermeasures by... shaking hands with her.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-03-24, 06:35   Link #2458
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The little problem is Touma has not that sort of relation with Mikoto. He is free! And at the same time is very busy with the magic side.
Do you think Mikoto care for that? as long as that guy is free its the same as his mine

Quote:

Well She's mild..... I think. Instead of direct attack already.

First meeting with Index = Sparks flying but not hitting.
Meeting with Imouto in the middle of (in her mind date but just a troublesome penalty game on Touma ) = Lightning bolts = justifying
Meeting with Itsuwa = Soccer ball penalty kick in the head

I'm not sure if mikoto saw touma with other girls than this one. The one who know more is Index and she always bites Touma

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Wouldn't Aqua just deem Mugino evil and crush her? I mean, after all, Aqua's taste in women is pretty normal.
Is he? I thought superman only had eyes on royal beauties

Thanks Teh_ping for the translation
Old 2010-03-24, 08:29   Link #2459
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

no, I think Aqua is the same as Touma, a superhero without even an ounce of love feeling inside, but unlike Touma, he only attract royal beauties to fall for him :P.
Old 2010-03-24, 08:45   Link #2460
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
What are you talking about? We only saw their first meeting in Railgun. The whole point of Mikoto is that she is the link to Touma's recent past before his brain got fried.

The bridge scene is actually him trying to save the thugs from Mikoto.
Look at the novel, then look at ch3 of Railgun. Both of their first meetings were one month before the series started. Railgun just details it and several other meetings before the Sisters incident.

You can say that Mikoto is part of Touma's past, but the same can be said about Index, Komoe, and Tsuchimikado.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen