AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-17, 14:13   Link #981
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't catch the Urusei Yatsura reference in the manga, it's a lot easier when you can actually hear the line spoken in Japanese. It made the scene with the mimic even funnier. As someone who plays FGO where SSRs only have a 0.8% chance of showing up, I can't blame her for wanting to bet on that 1% chance the chest isn't a mimic.

The fight against the Laufen clone was cool. Teaming up was definitely the right idea.

That would mean she spends her entire time there, since the dungeon has never been cleared and it's because it creates identical clones of the ones inside it. The gargoyles and the traps weren't too big a problem; if it was just them usually, it wouldn't be considered impossible to clear it. Needless to say, there's no way Serie lives there now that she's a public figure. Dungeons in fantasy anime often spawns monsters on their own, it shouldn't be any different here.
She doesn't need to stay there all the time she just needs to be there at the time of the test something that she can do easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Not necessarily, because Sense's clone probably would've been there even if Frieren's wasn't. She went inside along with them, so she would count too.

That's already said that Denken is already at the same level as First Class Mage and it seems that Methode is also around the same level of ability so when we don't know how strong Sense is or how strong her clones should be I think we can assume that they could win against her. Anyway, I think that is safe to say that the chance of victory against her should be higher than the chance of victory against Frieren.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 16:46   Link #982
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think we're talking about the same game. It's definitely 0.8% for SSRs on rate-up. FGO is notoriously famous for how hard it is to get SSRs.
0.8% of getting the SSR that's on rate-up. 1% of getting a SSR at all.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 16:59   Link #983
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
0.8% of getting the SSR that's on rate-up. 1% of getting a SSR at all.
What is "SSR"?
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 17:09   Link #984
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
What is "SSR"?
Super Special Rare Gatcha pulls. The rarest kind that you have to whale for or be really lucky to get. It's a rabbit hole you don't want to go down.
Old 2024-02-17, 17:54   Link #985
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Super Special Rare Gatcha pulls. The rarest kind that you have to whale for or be really lucky to get. It's a rabbit hole you don't want to go down.
The rarest until UR/UUR gets added.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 19:12   Link #986
magnuskn

That's all very fascinating, but can we get back to the episode, please? The "gambling addicts self-help" reddit is over yonder somewhere.
Old 2024-02-18, 00:14   Link #987
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Laufen is good at fighting. Why did she not fight Frieren in the first test? Just allowed the elf to tie her to a tree..
You're greatly overestimating her abilities. Just because the animation was flashy doesn't mean she's anywhere near as strong as Frieren.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-18, 01:24   Link #988
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
That's all very fascinating, but can we get back to the episode, please? The "gambling addicts self-help" reddit is over yonder somewhere.
yeah, I was suprised people were suddenly talking about gacha game.

gave me the idea that Frieren might be getting a gacha game of her own. lol
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-18, 01:25   Link #989
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least I can kind of get Frieren's perspective on the mimics a bit more now. Since she is capable of defending herself, it's not a big deal to check every treasure chest. There could be a winner out there somewhere. Just risking frizzy or slobbered on hair in exchange for a possible reward. I do wonder if she's actually gotten anything good from these mimics. I suppose with her lifespan it's still worth it even if almost never sees a reward. But I'd sure hope that sometime along the way she did get a surprising result instead of just another mimic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The episode pretty much opened the door, people just happened to walk through it. I think it's pretty fair game considering the story absolutely wanted to draw the comparison.
Old 2024-02-18, 02:06   Link #990
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
At least I can kind of get Frieren's perspective on the mimics a bit more now. Since she is capable of defending herself, it's not a big deal to check every treasure chest. There could be a winner out there somewhere. Just risking frizzy or slobbered on hair in exchange for a possible reward. I do wonder if she's actually gotten anything good from these mimics. I suppose with her lifespan it's still worth it even if almost never sees a reward. But I'd sure hope that sometime along the way she did get a surprising result instead of just another mimic.

The episode pretty much opened the door, people just happened to walk through it. I think it's pretty fair game considering the story absolutely wanted to draw the comparison.
Same. At least we know Frieren's not simply gullible / weak to mimic traps. She just tanks it on the 1% chance it's some cool reward

This dungeon is bonkers though. Summoning a replica of its inhabitants with all their skills? Sheesh--- where was this (skill? mage? trap?) when the hero / demon king wars happened!
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-18, 02:29   Link #991
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
Same. At least we know Frieren's not simply gullible / weak to mimic traps. She just tanks it on the 1% chance it's some cool reward
It's 1% of it not being a mimic. Who knows what the likelihood of it containing anything good is, though?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-18, 05:54   Link #992
kari-no-sugata II

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of this:

Source: https://twitter.com/BasedLIDA/status...12510035354053
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-18, 15:47   Link #993
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
This dungeon is bonkers though. Summoning a replica of its inhabitants with all their skills? Sheesh--- where was this (skill? mage? trap?) when the hero / demon king wars happened!
I'd just like to know who's been keeping all those candles lit. They way they keep showing those things to us, I've started to think they're some kind of clue.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-19, 07:32   Link #994
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-19, 12:18   Link #995
Greenish Growth

I really liked the fighting scene they added with Laufen. I don't recall seeing a magic staff fight like that before. I had to watch it in slow motion several times. It was a nice build up before going into the boss room. If fighting clone Laufen is like that...then how will clone Frieren be like kind of a thing.

The problem I had watching this the first time was that I was watching it on a smaller size to be able to read the subtitles easier. It was harder to the detail of the darkly shaded clones until I watched it in a larger size
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-20, 05:12   Link #996
SIRWilczek

The most impressive thing about this series is that, unlike 95% of both western and eastern fantasy media, they actually take elven longevity seriously and treat it as a major part of elven characters.
SIRWilczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-20, 07:42   Link #997
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRWilczek View Post
The most impressive thing about this series is that, unlike 95% of both western and eastern fantasy media, they actually take elven longevity seriously and treat it as a major part of elven characters.
Pretty much any media that has elves with humans in it deals with this issue to some extent as part of the characterization of the elven character, this is just one of the few series that makes it a major plot point.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2024-02-20 at 14:06.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-20, 08:27   Link #998
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRWilczek View Post
Of the Series that i have read which focuses on a Elf's lifespan, i believe the best one so far is "I Was Reborn and Became a High Elf, but I Got Tired of My Slow Life after 120 Years".

Since it actually focuses on the view of life from the perspective of an Elves, who aren't tethered to someone else (like Frieren was to her Party for most of the plot).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-20, 09:49   Link #999
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Of the Series that i have read which focuses on a Elf's lifespan, i believe the best one so far is "I Was Reborn and Became a High Elf, but I Got Tired of My Slow Life after 120 Years".

Since it actually focuses on the view of life from the perspective of an Elves, who aren't tethered to someone else (like Frieren was to her Party for most of the plot).
I'm reading that one, my only complaint is that it goes by too fast. I prefer Frieren's journey of learning how to connect to people
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-20, 22:45   Link #1000
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Pretty much any media that has elves with humans in it deals with this issue to some extent as part of the characterization of the elven character, this is just one of the few series that makes it a major plot point.
I thought Otaku Elf did a good job of it a few seasons ago, too.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy