AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-12-05, 20:39   Link #141
stray
Classic Yandere

Post credit scene was kind of intense.

I know there's not enough manga to adapt right now but I really hope this gets a S2.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-05, 21:48   Link #142
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Kind of wondering if Hana dosnt come from hobbits with the whole needing to eat a second breakfast

Zen showing another side of his creepiness
Old 2021-12-12, 10:02   Link #143
EroKing

Episode 11

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 07:45.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 10:33   Link #144
James Rye

So the mom became obsessive over her son due her husband betraying her and that turned Toono into a "not-a-people" person who has no problem risking his life to save a cat though. Miko using her third protection to take down the mother spirit was nice but the take-down of her looked way more epic in the manga than it did in the episode. Next week will be the last one, please get a 2nd season announcement! >.<
Old 2021-12-12, 11:16   Link #145
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Huh...so Zen being forgetful of people is not even a side effect of being possessed by his mother? He just doesn't care about people? And turns out he's not a cat-killer by way of possession. Instead, there is an actual cat-killer who's not Zen (the hooded figure?).

And yes, Zen's mom is super creepy. The image of her behind the foggy glass when she was about to check out Zen on the side porch was masterfully done to make her look even creepier. Good thing Zen still has Satoru.

And that last scene in the episode certainly feel like a Stand battle . Miko's protection is up. What she'll do next?
Old 2021-12-12, 15:32   Link #146
Wandering Soul

So in the end, Zen wasn't a cat killer, but his mother's spirit was. Zen himself is actually a bonafide cat lover who just wasn't dealt a good hand in life. At least he has a bro like Satoru in his life.

Now all 3 of Miko's protections are up. I wonder what this will mean for her now.
Old 2021-12-12, 16:51   Link #147
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Huh...so Zen being forgetful of people is not even a side effect of being possessed by his mother? He just doesn't care about people? And turns out he's not a cat-killer by way of possession. Instead, there is an actual cat-killer who's not Zen (the hooded figure?).

And yes, Zen's mom is super creepy. The image of her behind the foggy glass when she was about to check out Zen on the side porch was masterfully done to make her look even creepier. Good thing Zen still has Satoru.

And that last scene in the episode certainly feel like a Stand battle . Miko's protection is up. What she'll do next?
That's not mutualy exclusive. I mean we are told about him not being interested in humans from someone who cannot see ghost in first place and there is no way tell how did that possession affected his mental state in first place. His moms whole schtick is trying to keep him from other people after all.
Old 2021-12-12, 18:30   Link #148
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, it turned out that the teacher was not the one who hurt the cats, and Miko decided to face a ghost as a way to return the favor for having been prejudiced, well it looks interesting to wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 18:48   Link #149
stray
Classic Yandere

For a second I was confused as to WTF Hana was doing as she doesn't come off as a napper... eating made much more sense. And Miko has some ghostbuster in her... if she can find a replacement for the twins anyway.
Old 2021-12-12, 18:58   Link #150
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Zen had a really hard life with a mother like that. Just like you shouldn't judge people based on appearance, you shouldn't judge them on the ghosts latching to them either. She has no idea what awaits her now that her three times are up, but Miko did the right thing freeing him from his mother's ghost. Now, if only there was someone who could help Miko... the poor girl deserves some peace of mind.
Old 2021-12-12, 21:56   Link #151
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And yet another bloody parent who is just horrible and misunderstanding Zen and humanizing him

Hana still eating in class and not just snacks a melon bun
Old 2021-12-14, 08:39   Link #152
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Asian parenting 101
Old 2021-12-14, 22:20   Link #153
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I wanna cry; these ghosts are so scary and nothing the poor heroine does is working

On the other hand, actual scary anime are pretty hard to find....so hats off to it. I just wish I had tried this show closer to Halloween.
Old 2021-12-19, 10:03   Link #154
stray
Classic Yandere

I was so confused as to why the sponsor credit was on a Funimation feed and then... yeah. Their shtick is great but its really nice to see a real moment of understanding between Miko and Yulia.

Next arc is ongoing but there should be enough content for s2 in a year or so. Would really like to see this continue to get animated, its one of the few manga I really evangelize and the anime didn't disappoint.
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2021-12-19, 10:21   Link #155
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Dammit! That's it? I wanna know what's the deal with the shrine god !

So.....Miko being in the shrine and swallowed by the inari god was a dream or not?

Zen being frank is totally hilarious and totally right. That nagging neighbor really did put some hair in the nikujaga or whatever. I don't even wanna know what kind of "hair" she put in there. That's just creepy

Also.....what did Zen do to the cat killer?
Old 2021-12-19, 14:00   Link #156
James Rye

I think he chopped him up, I mean, didn't that one chopped up ghost look really alike to the missing person? Zen gone full kitty avenger.
That dream was interesting, this way they were able to show the shrine's spirit true form without needing the other arc first. Seems like the two fox maidens were arguing about something after Miko used up her third protection charm. Hope this gets a 2nd season, over all a very enjoyable and entertaining series, well done adoption from the manga series.
Old 2021-12-19, 14:08   Link #157
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dammit! That's it? I wanna know what's the deal with the shrine god !
We'll need a second season for that. It's a whole arc of its own.

Anyway, this adaptation was better than I thought. It doesn't beat the manga of course, but it's really good all the same. I hope we'll get the second season.
Old 2021-12-19, 17:03   Link #158
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Dammit, so Zen is a serial killer after all. Let's hope he keeps it to cat torturers.

And Miko really shouldn't procrastinate on maintaining good relations with guardian gods.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-19, 17:35   Link #159
Alchemist007
*Author

That was a fun and also spooky. Makes you think about how physics and emotions play into the state of that world.
Would watch more if they make it.

7/10
Old 2021-12-19, 18:57   Link #160
Gerard07

Seen the chapter, in the end the professor kept the cat and caught the real culpalbe (although now he is missing), and Miko can return to the temple to ask for protection, since he may need it. The anime was a pleasant surprise. This week I look forward to a second season.
To ask; How successful was the anime in terms of sales?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, horror