AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-16, 19:04   Link #201
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'll rejoice once the episode is actually out.
Old 2022-01-16, 21:23   Link #202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'll rejoice once the episode is actually out.
Agreed. Though at least we've got a date to hope for now. Just have to wait and see...
Old 2022-01-21, 12:10   Link #203
Ghostfriendly

Nice that Hyuse encouraged Chika after his 'death'. Very true that your comrades die in real combat, whether you make a mistake or do all you can, and you have to keep fighting your hardest. Good thing if they didn't die because of known problem you failed to deal with though. Looking forward to final episode.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 18:06   Link #204
James Rye

Final episode finally aired and it was a damn good show! I rewatched Chika's shot and Osamu's "We win!"/hound reveal like a dozen times over! Great stuff! And really nice ending with Chika smiling with everyone acknowledging her overcoming her fear, the one of "killing" someone, but the one to be hated for her incredible power if she were to make fully use of it to finish others off. And Tsuji got finished off, like daaaaaaaaaayum~

Loved the quick reactions of everyone's "Awww~" reaction to Osamu's supposedly fail to then change into a "this son of a.../ he did whhaaaat???" especially Izumi's expression was great, it was a real "this little mofo, respect" face. <3

Osamu using his weak trion as a way to hide his swapped in Hound track ability being turned off was so genius. I remember how nobody in /a/ predicted that and when the chapter came out, everyone flipped their shit. Good times, and darn good times to finally see it animated in all its glory. <3

Oh yeah, Yuuma's line to Ninomiya was great as well.

I gonna miss this show for the next couple years but at least they ended with this:

Spoiler for to be continued...:

It gives me hopes we will see a 4th season in the far future. One where we get to see the aftermath of this match, the final rankings, the last match of the tournament and ofc the new arc which has started in the manga series. Will probably be a short one, but it will be one and that's what counts.^^

Alright, back to the prayers for Ashihara's health and his hopefully monthly releases. *prays intensely*
Old 2022-01-22, 18:10   Link #205
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, the final episode is here!

Chika saved the day by going against Osamu's very poor orders. I'm actually not sure why he told her to use lead bullets now when she's been using real bullets the entire match. Was he afraid she'd crumble at the most pivotal moment if he pushed her to shoot? Not very trusting, in that case.

Series ended rather absolutely but with a "To be continued". However, at the pace the manga is going (when it is even going), it'll take many years to see a sequel.
Old 2022-01-22, 22:10   Link #206
Wandering Soul

Way to go Chika! In the end she saved the day by trusting her instincts to attack with an actual bullet instead of following Osamu's orders. Osamu himself got the better of Ninomiya in the end, but it's clear he still has plenty to learn.

It will probably take a while for us to get a sequel, but it was at least nice to see the entire rank wars animated.
Old 2022-01-23, 01:11   Link #207
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Great last episode overall. It was a nice team win in the truest sense. Everyone played a major role in getting them across that finish line. Chika did good and came through in the end. It was a tricky match for her since as they pointed out she had a few opportunities to score and just couldn't quite commit. But it was a process and in the end she figured it out.

Kuga of course was a huge presence throughout. He scored a big point last episode and made sure to finish things off with Ninomiya. He wouldn't have lasted in that state, but good to make sure and avoid him doing any damage on his way out. Definitely had the best verbal jab of the episode with calling that Osamu would be the one to take Ninomiya down.

It was a close one, but Osamu got the job done. Not without stumbles of course. Needed to push himself to push Chika more. Of course that's partly why Hyuse was a valuable presence. He could be the villain and push Chika into a mental corner. Thankfully Osamu got the job done against the toughest threat. The move to use Hound was what they needed. Of course with more experience he could have still done well with spreading out asteroid shots. But the Hound move both worked and had an enjoyable spectacle to it. Total shock from the guy who couldn't admit to Osamu being a threat. It blew up in his face there.

This is the last we'll see of World Trigger for a while. But what a good note to leave on. Season 2 and Season 3 were huge steps up. Although I still enjoyed the first season as a whole. But these seasons really stepped things up and delivered. No complaints on waiting a few years before the manga can get far enough ahead for more.

Quote:

Chika saved the day by going against Osamu's very poor orders. I'm actually not sure why he told her to use lead bullets now when she's been using real bullets the entire match. Was he afraid she'd crumble at the most pivotal moment if he pushed her to shoot? Not very trusting, in that case.

Series ended rather absolutely but with a "To be continued". However, at the pace the manga is going (when it is even going), it'll take many years to see a sequel.
Let's face it. The reason for him telling her to use lead bullets was obviously not due to a lack of trust and it's silly to pretend otherwise. Can certainly criticize his orders. But it was still his plans that overcame Ninomiya and got them the win. They don't get there without him.
Old 2022-01-23, 05:35   Link #208
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

One thing I kinda wondered about: why didn't Chika use a fixed Shield and just tank Inukai's attacks? Or tried to take him with her Lightning?

Quote:

Yes and yes. Miwa was right: Osamu lacked resolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Of course with more experience he could have still done well with spreading out asteroid shots. But the Hound move both worked and had an enjoyable spectacle to it.
Surprise Hound worked better than scattered Asteroid would have. More bullets found their mark.

Even if it hadn't been a surprise, what could Ninomiya have done, actually? Maybe drop his Full Attack and use Shield, but would he have had time for that? Of course, if he'd known about Osamu's Hound, maybe he wouldn't have decided to Full Attack in the first place.

Quote:
Total shock from the guy who couldn't admit to Osamu being a threat.
Well, he was lying when he said it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-23, 05:58   Link #209
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
One thing I kinda wondered about: why didn't Chika use a fixed Shield and just tank Inukai's attacks? Or tried to take him with her Lightning?
Mentally exhausted from her first actual intended "kill", not by accident. Plus Inukai could have just sneaked up on her and finish her off and she wouldn't have noticed. Instead he made noise and praised her before letting her rise to finish her off. It was basically a respect thing where Chika also knew that her opponent didn't had to be this polite with her if he had wanted to shoot her. And by this point her team had the two points they needed so it didn't matter if she got a third or if Inukai gets an extra point for his team, nobody can take their 2nd place now.

Honestly this is one of the few series where 2nd place feels like first place because of the stakes that were on it and the strong opponents in the way to said place.^^
Old 2022-01-23, 06:06   Link #210
Blaat

To defend Osamu, Chika is adorable and ordering an adorable thing to shoot at and 'kill' other people takes an high resolve. I don't think I'd be able to do it.

Great episode, but a poor final episode we didn't even get the usual post-match analysis perhaps ending on the next episode might have been better or maybe two, three episodes from now.

Anyway it will take a very long time for the next season to appear, I'm secretly hoping they'll redo season 1 or a compilation movies of season 1 with improved animation in a few years.
Old 2022-01-25, 16:26   Link #211
Ghostfriendly

Haven't seen final ep yet, but why wasn't the opening of this series nominated for the Crunchyroll anime awards? There was a great song following the action well, excellent visual representations of change, loss and hardship. In the segment showing the team's determined efforts, Kuga and Chika's movement contrasted effectively with Hyuse's stillness. Then the montage showed the comradeship and community of Border, then suddenly the threat presented by Ninomiya, right up in the foreground. That's probably just the necessary ingredients of a good opening, but I'm just glad it wasn't a poor one.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote