AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2022-06-25, 22:30   Link #101
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Honestly, the voice cast is literally the least of my worries at the moment. They're all professionals and no Kaji or Hanae in sight - it's fine. But the horrific production values and direction are what they are.
I mean, talented professionals nevertheless .
Old 2022-06-26, 02:44   Link #102
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I'm not sure I've seen worse.
You must be blessed if you've never seen a glimpse of the CG Berserk 2016 show. Or the recent Ex-Arm. Or Record of Ragnarok for a more tolerable comparison.

As for the Samidare trailer itself, it's Shaman King 2021 all over again IMO.
Old 2022-06-26, 03:16   Link #103
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Thousands of light years beyond SK21 in terms of awfulness.
Old 2022-06-26, 09:12   Link #104
Frontier

I think Shaman King 2021 at least had a better color pallete and the visuals were more on-point even if they still descended into slideshows at times.
Old 2022-07-02, 16:33   Link #105
Xical
Phantom User

Images
new twitter images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-07-08, 14:30   Link #106
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Seen episode 1. Eh, it's fine.

Visually-speaking, the disappointment is on par with the recent Shaman King 2021 or Sailormoon Crystal's first season back then. Maybe my expectation was already low after SK21 disappointed me so much but I think I can tolerate this show. It's nowhere near as bad as Berserk 2016. At least the images in Samidare don't hurt my eyes.
Old 2022-07-08, 16:09   Link #107
Xical
Phantom User

as a fan since the first ch. was released by snoopycool ... I will call this first episode mediocre in the true meaning of the term:
Of ordinary or undistinguished quality. synonym: average.Of a middle quality; of but a moderate or low degree of excellence; indifferent; ordinary.Ordinary: not extraordinary; not special, exceptional, or great; of medium quality.

truth to be told I tough this was going to be awful, there are problems like the golem was supposed to crumble clearly after that punch and there is not that way, the removal of all the (unsexy) panty shoots and other minor things, but is watchable and enjoyable, lets see how this unfold.
Old 2022-07-08, 18:19   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You guys are very lenient. What I saw was downright shameful. I had extremely low expectations after how bad the PV looked, and yet I was still disappointed. It feels like an anime from 20 years ago, back when they were trying to figure out digital animation. It's not only the animation that is bad, what is up with that weird filter that makes the picture look super weird?

And yeah, no pantyshots. Even the author lamented on Twitter. It's a late night slot, why would they remove them?
Old 2022-07-08, 18:57   Link #109
Frontier

Yuuhi reminds me of Yomogi from Dynazenon...not just because of Junya Enoki, but his whole low-energy, casual, vibe and the fact that he doesn't immediately jumps at the chance at becoming a Superhero and is pretty darn sarcastic and sassy .

I like the Opening theme...but you can tell there was barely any effort put into the Opening itself because it's all still shots and reused footage. Same with the Ending .

Pretty surreal waking up with a talking lizard voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda that won't leave you alone .

So am I to assume the other "knights" have the animal companions Crescent was talking about ?

Yuuhi just couldn't resist flipping his professors' skirt...and yeah, I kind of figured they'd removed a pantyshot because, like, what's the point of flipping a girls' skirt and not even showing it to the audience? Who cares what the MC saw. Even the author is disappointed .

Wow, that is some butt ugly monsters .

Seems like Yuuhi has this ingrained belief in not trusting or getting close to people from his grandfather because he assumes they'll inevitably betray him. Which I'm guessing he'll be moving on from as he learns to work with others and his fellow knights in his new job .

Nothing beats getting saved by a high school girl! Who just so happens to be a princesses housing the Spirit of some divine creator God...why is it everyone always notices the Kansai accent ?

Samidare seems like an interesting girl. She comes off pretty laidback and carefree but she has a strong resolve and commitment to her mission, and she's no Hero of Justice...she intends to stop the Biscuit Hammer so she can destroy the world herself. And the sheer confidence and faith she puts in Yuuhi is enough to get him to agree to work with her .
Old 2022-07-08, 19:39   Link #110
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You guys are very lenient.
I know, so even we, the Mizukami army, recognize there is a problem whit this adaptation,
but lo and behold!, I have been reading comments of anime-only watchers, and surprise! they seems to be enjoying it.

btw, why havent be moved this thread to current series?
Old 2022-07-08, 20:33   Link #111
grecefar

I don't know, when I saw how much people were hyping it in this thread and others I expected a lot more I guess.

I'll give it 3 chapters rule.
Old 2022-07-08, 21:10   Link #112
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2022-07-08, 22:04   Link #113
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I don't know, when I saw how much people were hyping it in this thread and others I expected a lot more I guess.

I'll give it 3 chapters rule.
TBH it doesn't seem as if you were actually reading the thread.
Old 2022-07-08, 22:10   Link #114
grecefar

Quote:
TBH it doesn't seem as if you were actually reading the thread.
first 3 pages are people happy about it and that is a great manga.

that's hyping it and the fact that it got 6 pages already before the first chapter.
Old 2022-07-09, 03:01   Link #115
Dop
Mmmm....

Has so much of the look and feel of a show from two decades ago I was only surprised it wasn't in 4:3.
Closed Thread