AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-09-09, 14:38   Link #61
frubam
simp for Lyria
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on the Grandcypher
Age: 39
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He definitely sees himself in Reiji (and others characters do as well, like Nagi) and Nagi as Yuko. I forgot what his exact words were, but back when Reiji was in the hospital and he pushed Nagi away, Esemori seemed very disappointed he didn't manage to save her.

I think he wants Reiji to do for Nagi what he couldn't do for Yuko.
That sounds pretty plausible, although that feels less personal. I would honestly prefer if his main intention was something more self-centered, like revenge. His whole "I WIN![laughs]" after Reiji and Yuko were in the hospital was a powerful defining moment for me since it was a very villainous depiction of everything he did in the story.

Quote:
Him mentioning he's infertile felt like the author was twisting the knife
It also means things with Yuko would have never worked out, since she's wanted a child since she was a teenager. Now people are theorizing that Yuko isn't Reiji's mother either and that she's actually his aunt.
Haha , were are people getting that theory from??? If that's the case, that would be another crazy twist to add to the pile. This IS Yuko we are talking about so anything is possible, but that feels like quite the stretch to me. The guy that took Reiji to the beach is probably the biggest clue to any secret Yuko may still have at this point. I'm just not sure how that could tie into her being his aunt over his mother, despite the supposed similar features they share physically.
__________________
Pure of heart, precious as life (^,^ )



Last edited by frubam; 2022-09-09 at 14:54.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-09, 18:50   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
That sounds pretty plausible, although that feels less personal. I would honestly prefer if his main intention was something more self-centered, like revenge. His whole "I WIN![laughs]" after Reiji and Yuko were in the hospital was a powerful defining moment for me since it was a very villainous depiction of everything he did in the story.


Haha , were are people getting that theory from??? If that's the case, that would be another crazy twist to add to the pile. This IS Yuko we are talking about so anything is possible, but that feels like quite the stretch to me. The guy that took Reiji to the beach is probably the biggest clue to any secret Yuko may still have at this point. I'm just not sure how that could tie into her being his aunt over his mother, despite the supposed similar features they share physically.
I don't think it has to be one or the other. He wanted Yuko to suffer and for Reiji and Nagi to find happiness (note: the latter would be an even bigger fuck you to Yuko).

Esemori has been hinted to be the father so strongly that now that the author has pulled the rug under us, fans are now questioning everything we know.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-21, 16:48   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Spoiler for 109:
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 00:32   Link #64
frubam
simp for Lyria
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on the Grandcypher
Age: 39
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for 109:
__________________
Pure of heart, precious as life (^,^ )



Last edited by frubam; 2022-09-22 at 07:04.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 07:22   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Spoiler for 109:
Spoiler for 109:
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-29, 09:02   Link #66
dark44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
i never liked Yuko every chapter prove that she is the cause of every thing wrong in the manga and i feel bad for reiji big step brother cause his father was killed and he have no blood ties to this shit family but cant leave

akira and his father should pay for thier crimes and akira was a minor i dont think he well be severly punished
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-29, 18:14   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
i never liked Yuko every chapter prove that she is the cause of every thing wrong in the manga and i feel bad for reiji big step brother cause his father was killed and he have no blood ties to this shit family but cant leave
Reiji gave his step-brother a golden opportunity to walk away and be done with them for good, but all it took was Yuko to buy him a round with a prostitute for him to decide to stay. He's completely hopeless, even Reiji has rightfully given up on him.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-03, 22:56   Link #68
frubam
simp for Lyria
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on the Grandcypher
Age: 39
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Reiji gave his step-brother a golden opportunity to walk away and be done with them for good, but all it took was Yuko to buy him a round with a prostitute for him to decide to stay. He's completely hopeless, even Reiji has rightfully given up on him.
Hmmm..is that how it really is? It didn't feel as much as him wanting to stay as much as Yuko trying to convince Reiji he is a lost cause and dependent on her. Especially when he could have still given Kazu the money and told him to leave, where he could use the money to buy prostitutes. The moment Reiji walked in, and saw he was still Yuko's puppet, he knew that Kazu would never truly have the drive to leave.
__________________
Pure of heart, precious as life (^,^ )


frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-05, 16:57   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Hmmm..is that how it really is? It didn't feel as much as him wanting to stay as much as Yuko trying to convince Reiji he is a lost cause and dependent on her. Especially when he could have still given Kazu the money and told him to leave, where he could use the money to buy prostitutes. The moment Reiji walked in, and saw he was still Yuko's puppet, he knew that Kazu would never truly have the drive to leave.
My point is if Kazu really wanted to leave he would have never fallen for the trap.

New's chapter's out. Don't fuck with Shiba-sensei!!!
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-07, 00:34   Link #70
frubam
simp for Lyria
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on the Grandcypher
Age: 39
Send a message via AIM to frubam
D**N, Yuko using Shiba's story to entice Gendad to commit suicide, and put the blame of killing Kazu's dad onto him. This also kinda forces Gen to come back to deal with it, though I don't see how exactly this exonerates him from nearly killing his girlfriend. Well it did look cool; Shiba saving Gen's dad and shouting a declaration, but we'll see if it actually amounts to something. Yuko's always looking at the long game, and who knows, maybe Kazu and Yuko mom said all that as a trap.

I guess Gen's dad has outlived his usefulness. Still its strange to see him concerned to this extent; that he'd be willing to give up his life for his son's.

The scene with Nagi was rather interesting. It showed that Reiji feels like he is similar to Yuko in how he treated Nagi. His mother told him to live, even though she wanted to live in that town together with him and/or die together(honestly no clue which at this point), and he said the same to Nagi. He told her to live for her sake, but in reality, he just wanted her to die with him. I wonder if him feeling similar to Yuko is the reason he can't abandon her, and/or sympathizes with her.
__________________
Pure of heart, precious as life (^,^ )


frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-08, 06:51   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
I don't think Gen's dad surviving was planned, but you can never know with Yuko.

Reiji really shouldn't compare himself to her. He never actively tried to hurt people. Perhaps she wasn't always this way (still waiting for her POV), but the current Yuko is pure evil. She manipulated a kid into killing her husband for her, FFS.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 16:58   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Spoiler for 112:
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-12, 23:53   Link #73
frubam
simp for Lyria
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on the Grandcypher
Age: 39
Send a message via AIM to frubam
I dunno if I buy the aunt theory just yet. If she did take Reiji from somewhere, that wouldn't explain why their features are so similar(according to a few chars). If Kazu's dad was so belligerent when he found out Reiji wasn't his, then at the very least, Yuko would have had signs that she was pregnant. Else, how could she deceive him for so long? Just showing up outta nowhere with a kid or baby is definitely not something I could believe happened. Then there's the name Reiji. If he was born with someone else, how'd she change the name?

I wouldn't count out the brother until the mystery of the "uncle" from chp 86 gets cleared up. It's still possible she had an affair during the marriage just so she could give birth.

Ofc it is possible that Yuko having sex at such a young age who knows how many times might prevent her from having children now. Then she claims Kazu dad might be impotent, but he was able to have a child which shows he's not. So I'm believing the aunt theory as a possibility at least, but not sold on it just yet.

On a random note, that pained expression on Yuko's face just before the "absurd" panel... starting to put me back into the "sympathy for Yuko" camp again. But Yuko has been known to lie, so I too wonder how much of what she said to Kazu was true. The same thing that happened to Uryu happened to Kazu's dad; a seeming nice guy eventually turns into a violent person. The common thread is only Yuko, so I feel there is still something she left out that explains the behavior change. But the expression on her face tells me she is reflecting on something very sorrowful, so that makes me wonder if it was something out of her control. I could go on and on, back and forth.
__________________
Pure of heart, precious as life (^,^ )


frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-13, 06:53   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I dunno if I buy the aunt theory just yet. If she did take Reiji from somewhere, that wouldn't explain why their features are so similar(according to a few chars). If Kazu's dad was so belligerent when he found out Reiji wasn't his, then at the very least, Yuko would have had signs that she was pregnant. Else, how could she deceive him for so long? Just showing up outta nowhere with a kid or baby is definitely not something I could believe happened. Then there's the name Reiji. If he was born with someone else, how'd she change the name?
Reiji being her brother's son would be more than enough to explain them looking alike. Her panicking so much when he showed up to take Reiji to the beach hints she was afraid he would take him away, meaning he has a legitimate claim over Reiji.

Regarding Kazu's dad finding out Reiji wasn't his son later, we only have Yuko's word for it. Before this chapter, she said he started getting violent after suspecting Reiji wasn't his son, but now she tells us it happened before Reiji was even born and that he even went after Kazu. So which is it?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-13, 15:18   Link #75
frubam
simp for Lyria
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on the Grandcypher
Age: 39
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Reiji being her brother's son would be more than enough to explain them looking alike. Her panicking so much when he showed up to take Reiji to the beach hints she was afraid he would take him away, meaning he has a legitimate claim over Reiji.
That is a good point. Didn't think of that. Probably a heck more likely than some crazy incest plot like I was thinking . I still can't fully abide to this theory for the aforementioned reasons though(aside from Reiji's looks).

Quote:
Regarding Kazu's dad finding out Reiji wasn't his son later, we only have Yuko's word for it. Before this chapter, she said he started getting violent after suspecting Reiji wasn't his son, but now she tells us it happened before Reiji was even born and that he even went after Kazu. So which is it?
It's not mutually exclusive is it? He could have started to go off-the-rails until she got pregnant, and then he could have been fine from that point on until Yuko told him the truth. Ofc this is Yuko, so its possible she could have simply lied, with Kazu's dad knowing the truth the whole time, but the way she was looking, I don't believe it is a blatant lie. Flimsy reason, just going by how sad she was looking, but its just how I feel at this point.
__________________
Pure of heart, precious as life (^,^ )


frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 12:37   Link #76
frubam
simp for Lyria
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on the Grandcypher
Age: 39
Send a message via AIM to frubam
I was on the reddit and I saw a topic asking about understanding Chako. That got me thinking about it a little more and I had this response(just gonna copy the post I replied to and my reply cause i'm lazy =0v)

Spoiler for commenter reply:


Spoiler for my reply:
__________________
Pure of heart, precious as life (^,^ )


frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-19, 18:46   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
That was an interesting read, but Chako is personally the character I care the least about. I find her pretty boring compared to all the other girls.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-20, 01:32   Link #78
frubam
simp for Lyria
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on the Grandcypher
Age: 39
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for 113:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was an interesting read, but Chako is personally the character I care the least about. I find her pretty boring compared to all the other girls.
Really? Shame. I know I'm still on that ship since way ba k when, but i would have liked to know your thoughts from an overall point of view so far, but oh well....
__________________
Pure of heart, precious as life (^,^ )


frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-20, 07:47   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Really? Shame. I know I'm still on that ship since way ba k when, but i would have liked to know your thoughts from an overall point of view so far, but oh well....
Well, if you really want to know I more or less agree with the first reply you quoted. Chako isn't actually in love with Reiji. She saw him as beneath her all this time, and only started looking his way when she found out he banged an idol. Then she became obsessed with proving she was "better". Remember how much she gloated when they saw Nagi on a magazine and she thought she was forever out of Reiji's reach, only to later find out Nagi went out of her way to visit him at the hospital which made her seethe hard. What she's feeling is maybe 60% jealousy, 30% misplaced pride, and 10% love.

I used to like her a lot but ever since she went down that path, she lost all her kind childhood friend appeal. Now she's ordinary.

In comparison, Nagi has the "mysterious" and out of reach appeal, Yuko has the bewitching evil beauty appeal, and Shiba has the batshit crazy but well meaning appeal.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-02, 17:50   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Spoiler for 114:
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.