AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2009-04-28, 17:41   Link #1021
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

From what Dietrich said and implied, the use of Awakened flesh created a monster, not a sane minded claymore type hybrid. They weren't programmed to eat flesh, they were merely conditioned to hunt exclusively for a certain type of flesh. This of course implies that the hunger was already there, so just as yoma and AB's wanna eat guts, so the AE's also 'hunger'. The hidden yoki and lack of yoki sensing apparently is due to some form of tampering probably surgical, which explains the lobotomy and sewn eyes on all the AE's.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 10:10   Link #1022
Ryuken
Claymore #01

The thing is that they themselves do not emit any yoki but, they detect the slightest yoki emitted by anyone, they are like hound dogs.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 13:19   Link #1023
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
The thing is that they themselves do not emit any yoki but, they detect the slightest yoki emitted by anyone, they are like hound dogs.
They don't detect Yoki, Dietrich said it.

They hunted Isley by te smell. Something like feromones, I guess.
Old 2009-04-29, 13:29   Link #1024
Ryuken
Claymore #01

But they did react to Helen and Deneve's release.
Old 2009-04-29, 13:34   Link #1025
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Where do you see that? I don't think they did.
Old 2009-04-29, 13:46   Link #1026
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Where do you see that? I don't think they did.
Let me check.
Old 2009-05-06, 20:52   Link #1027
Vinak
Procrastinator

the zacs do not emit any yoki at the cost of being unable to sense yoki themselves.

they react to smell, quick movements, and attacks directed at there heads.
Old 2009-05-08, 03:00   Link #1028
dream-seeker
soar high

Send a message via Yahoo to dream-seeker
I have a question. Sorry if it's a repeat, I could not possibly read everyone's post. Anyway, Where do Yoma's come from? I mean, if the org made warriors out of a Yoma flesh, do they keep them refrigerated? Blood cord banking maybe? Or do they keep a queen and harvested babies to be experimented on?

Teresa already questions if the Org was really not responsible for sending Yoma from town to town. I do think the Org sends the yoma themselves. Supported by the extra scenes on Clare's training days. A Yoma, was a part of their training and those who survives graduates as a Warrior. Where did they pick up that Yoma from?
dream-seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 20:36   Link #1029
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Excellent question dream-seeker, and one I don't think their is a straight answer. All we know is that the Organization produces Yoma: from WHAT, I don't know. Perhaps they are the earliest attempt to create their mass-production super-soldier which obviously wasn't strong enough to be Dragon-kin. They liked where they were going, so they decided to base the idea of Claymores from them, but making them more human....obviously they don't like that idea anymore, since they got warriors like Alicia and the AF's, who clearly don't think for themselves.

This is a question that's been bugging me for a long time: How was it that Isley was able to create his sword in chapter 89? His sword is unlike anything seen before: It's not FROM him, it's not part of his body, it's an actual sword. Every Awakened "weapon" or attack originates from the body in some way, but this weapon isn't part of arms.

And of all things, why a sword? Why not a mace, a hammer or something much more suitable for close-combat? Surely it won't matter if the rest of the body is smashed to bits along with the AE's brain. Why choose such a precise weapon for his "ultimate weapon"? I understand if it continues Isley's knight theme: he's clearly a long-ranged warrior(bow and spear for example), but we've already seen an Axe against Priscilla. If his arms can truly transform into anything as Rigardo says, why pick a Sword against such small creatures?
Shiek927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 22:10   Link #1030
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post

This is a question that's been bugging me for a long time: How was it that Isley was able to create his sword in chapter 89? His sword is unlike anything seen before: It's not FROM him, it's not part of his body, it's an actual sword. Every Awakened "weapon" or attack originates from the body in some way, but this weapon isn't part of arms.

And of all things, why a sword? Why not a mace, a hammer or something much more suitable for close-combat? Surely it won't matter if the rest of the body is smashed to bits along with the AE's brain. Why choose such a precise weapon for his "ultimate weapon"? I understand if it continues Isley's knight theme: he's clearly a long-ranged warrior(bow and spear for example), but we've already seen an Axe against Priscilla. If his arms can truly transform into anything as Rigardo says, why pick a Sword against such small creatures?
There's a very straightforward explanation to this. Isley, when he met Raki, was practicing his swordplay, which was near flawless. Isley was, and until the moment of his death, remained an unmatched swordsman. He grew the sword out of his arm, much like he generated his arrows or Dauf created his rods. After it is done growing it separated. Given his skill with the sword (and not an axe or even bow and arrow (see how many times he missed Helen) and fondness of it it was only natural he would turn to a "homegrown" sword for last-ditch defense.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
revan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 22:34   Link #1031
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
There's a very straightforward explanation to this. Isley, when he met Raki, was practicing his swordplay, which was near flawless. Isley was, and until the moment of his death, remained an unmatched swordsman. He grew the sword out of his arm, much like he generated his arrows or Dauf created his rods. After it is done growing it separated. Given his skill with the sword (and not an axe or even bow and arrow (see how many times he missed Helen) and fondness of it it was only natural he would turn to a "homegrown" sword for last-ditch defense.
Meh, I suppose. I was actually thinking of Dauf's Rods and Rigardo's fingernails as I wrote that, so I actually sort of answered my own question .
Old 2009-05-23, 16:53   Link #1032
eternal_bliss

So I'm new to this forum (obviously) and Claymore overall and so I didn't go through every page to see if this question was asked already. So sorry if it's a repeat. I'm not even sure if they explained it in the manga but.....

---

How exactly do Claymore ranks work? For example, when Priscilla moved to No. 2 and everyone else just moved down one, what happened to No. 47? Killed off? Sent back to train? I don't seem to remember that they said explicitly there were only 47 claymores. Since it was implied there's one for each region (47) and Clare was the 'weakest' .

And what happens to the trainees who don't make it? (I seem to remember that when Clare was training, her fellow trainees were killed---I just don't remember by who)
eternal_bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 17:03   Link #1033
Arturro

@eternal_bliss
Welcome

We don't know how it's works, we just speculate. Probably not all 47 positions are occupied all the time. So warriors were moved down till first free spot. Free spots exist cause of warriors deaths and Org policy to not promote warriors untill they are worth empty spot. So death of no.1 doesn't means no.2 promotion to no.1.
As Pieta arc shown Org probably try to have a trainee replacement for each active warrior. As extra scene about Clares exam shown, lots of trainee dies during training.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 17:00   Link #1034
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Going back in time...

Does anyone know whether Irene or Theresa is older, and which challenged which in the previous fight Irene said she lost?
Old 2009-05-26, 21:56   Link #1035
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Going back in time...

Does anyone know whether Irene or Theresa is older, and which challenged which in the previous fight Irene said she lost?
Hard to say because their is no clearly said answer, but I'm going with Theresa being older, if only because she came first in line before Irene. Irene only looks old because of her stretched elven-looking facial features and the whiter-looking hair they gave her in the anime, Claymore age normally until the physical prime of their life and then stop.

The second question is simpler; Rosemary was Number 1 before Teresa, and then she came along and got the number immidiately(similar to Priscilla going immidiately to No.2), which led to the fight in the Extra Scene. Since she's already Number 1, smuggy Teresa has no reason at all to challenge a lower-ranked warrior, so it was most likely Irene at one point or another, for one reason or another, who challenged Teresa, and lost.

Neither question is explicitly answered, but easy to figure out.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-05-26 at 22:10.
Old 2009-05-31, 00:52   Link #1036
dream-seeker
soar high

Question

Ah.. I shouldn't probably be asking this, but in Chapter 50 page 10, when Clare first meet Raphaela. I was wondering if Raphy, knows that Clare took in Teresa's flesh and blood? Just curious cause she asked the other two Warriors "Which one of you is Clare?". And she looks like she was not there to attack Clare or bring her back to the org. Then Rubel pops out.

Anyway, did Raphy heard of Clare's name from Rubel or Irene? Did Raphy know about Clare taking Teresa's flesh and blood?

Just odd, warriors of high ranks don't always call lower ranked their real names until they get acquainted or Clare gains their respect. Even Galatea and Helen, on their first encounters they always called Clare, "number 47"... Raphaela however is the first to call Clare by name and not by rank on first encounter. Even Irene, never called Clare by name, until the very end. Miria is the same, she only called Clare's name on the battlefield, they always refer her as "you".
Old 2009-05-31, 01:36   Link #1037
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Ah.. I shouldn't probably be asking this, but in Chapter 50 page 10, when Clare first meet Raphaela. I was wondering if Raphy, knows that Clare took in Teresa's flesh and blood? Just curious cause she asked the other two Warriors "Which one of you is Clare?". And she looks like she was not there to attack Clare or bring her back to the org. Then Rubel pops out.
Since Rubel was there, I'm going to say most likely to definitely. Claire's secret is either something warriors know about her(like that bully from the Extra Scene who's name I forgot), or they know nothing about her and simply know her rank. Since Rubel pops up, and he's been her handler since she first came to him with Teresa's head, I'm almost positive he told Raphela since he was involved. She also knew Teresa long before Claire met her; find it hard to believe Rubel didn't tell her, if only to cause Raphy discern because he's like that.

Quote:
Anyway, did Raphy heard of Clare's name from Rubel or Irene?
Again, most likely Rubel. Since Raphy even being there is because of Rubel, he probably told her everything before she arrived.
Old 2009-05-31, 03:57   Link #1038
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Again, most likely Rubel. Since Raphy even being there is because of Rubel, he probably told her everything before she arrived.
I'll second this. But note 2 things -
  • Raphaela is purposely searching for Clare. Not just because she is with Rubel, but also because (& it is likely) she has gone commando too long & the Organization wants to bring her under control.
  • It is interesting because Raphaela is one of the few warriors (along with Irene) who has met BOTH Teresa & Clare. I find it a bit unusual that Raphaela would need to ask "Which one of you is Clare?" when she can probably sense a similiar yoki signal.
Old 2009-05-31, 07:15   Link #1039
MonsieurRosseau
Insane Person

Send a message via AIM to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via MSN to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via Yahoo to MonsieurRosseau
Probably she couldn't tell the difference because Jean was tagging along so closely to Clare. And the yoki signature for Clare is quite a bit weaker than Teresa's, though they are similar. Either that, or she was trying to decide whether to kill Jean or not depending on honesty. :P

Riful fans! Look here!
MonsieurRosseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 13:48   Link #1040
dream-seeker
soar high

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurRosseau View Post
Probably she couldn't tell the difference because Jean was tagging along so closely to Clare. And the yoki signature for Clare is quite a bit weaker than Teresa's, though they are similar. Either that, or she was trying to decide whether to kill Jean or not depending on honesty. :P
Or that Raphaela just recently heard it (Clare's taking Teresa's flesh and blood) from Rubel or maybe Irene. I can't shrug off the feeling that Irene must have mentioned in her dying speech about Clare and Teresa. Rubel is kinda creepy and I don't see Raphaela trusting him too much.

I thought calling one's name is sort of respect in Claymoreverse. Otherwise, they just call other warriors their rank. Might also be because Clare's the youngest in her generation of warriors, ought to respect the elder sorta thing? But then again Raphy is much older than everyone. I haven't even read Riful calling Clare by name.

Tags
claymore, q & a