AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 04:16   Link #281
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Its get enough buzz just before the anime goes trainwreck with these owl stuff.
Old 2012-06-23, 09:58   Link #282
AleX_MytH

Well, that owl stuff is kinda cool for those who love weird and surreal anime. Nowadays we lack such projects, in the beginning of 00's there definitly were more dark and strange series.
Personally, I love Fujiko TV. Great OST, unique style, great atmosphere, sometimes interesting stories.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 10:45   Link #283
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
Well, that owl stuff is kinda cool for those who love weird and surreal anime. Nowadays we lack such projects, in the beginning of 00's there definitly were more dark and strange series.
Personally, I love Fujiko TV. Great OST, unique style, great atmosphere, sometimes interesting stories.
Yeah agree with all of that, miss shows like the Big O, Ergo Proxy, Lain and the like that challenged the viewer to peel through the layers of surreal visuals and seemingly endless questions to come to a conclusion. When the season first started this was my runaway favorite and while since then that distinction has gotten a little more blurry it's still right up there as one of my most anticipated shows of the week. Shame it's coming to an end and that I don't know when I'll see a show with an art style or just plain style like this again.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 14:08   Link #284
Dop
Mmmm....

I have been absolutely loving this show for its unusual art style, and the dark, mysterious and downright surreal nature of the storyline. The way this episode has been bringing all the plot threads together right from the start has been nothing short of wonderful as far as I'm concerned.

It's definitely a show which has raised its head above the parapet and dared to be different, and while I'm looking forward to seeing how it all ends, I'll miss it when it's gone.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 05:48   Link #285
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think they settled Oscar's character all that well (Frankly I think he should've just died in the previous episode) but everything else was great. I really didn't see that twist coming.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 08:56   Link #286
EroKing

Another series ends on a good note.

A tease till the very end
Old 2012-06-28, 09:00   Link #287
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

hmm quite the unexpected story end on this finale ep

fujiko going no on white owl here lupin voice to rescue blast white owl but it's a corpse.
white powder appear got jigen seeing owl people with lupin run from shooting.
zenigata trying to reason wake up oscar but not working.
fujiko get chased rescue by goemon for why goemon is fujiko's boyfriend.
so let fujiko go to meet jigen with both being owl headed exposed.
fujiko enter room with push letter walls oh her lupin to climb meet final boss.
reveal a girl named aisha who control it all by eye contact computer device.
lupin reveal more that experiment with lead to aisha being main control of devices.
with cause mind control, brainwashing, etc on all being experiment.
here owl person appear reveal more flashback that count was dead.
but aisha continue the works on experiment little girls but failed.
til maid appear but the maid is fujiko yea she was also experiment.
yet see fujiko's life from steal to "do it" got aisha interest.
til fujiko's locked past got aisha hmm so cue destroy it all.
then experiment goes hmm with oscar doing "kill all bad girls" with gas tank truck.
then lupin grab aisha & oh boom reveal owl person is aisha's mom.
so now lupin take aisha to safety while fujiko point gun on aisha's mom.
with aisha's mom be take care of aisha.
lupin & fujiko show aisha the world long enough for her to rest in peace.
now all said & done lupin car jump to fujiko but car goes poof.
jigen & goemon call it draw to take their leave.
zenigata look crime scene & wonder where oscar?
goemon sit on boat while jigen pickup lupin & fujiko take her plane ride.

the end.

indeed quite hmm story give so many twist, confuse, etc yea mix of inception indeed quite a story i think now wait for dub.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 10:57   Link #288
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Pretty good ending accept for Oscar and Zenigata. They just were kind of....forgotten.
Old 2012-06-28, 12:37   Link #289
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well at the end of it all I have to say the audio-visual experience was a true delight and I can't say I've ever really experienced anything like it or am likely to again when watching anime. That in and of itself makes this show memorable to me. The plotting and character development ranged from intriguing to serviceable with some characters like Lupin, Fujiko, Daisuke and the whole Almeida cult being a delight to watch. Other characters like Oscar, Zenigata and Goemon just felt wasted as the butt of jokes. It's a shame cause all started off pretty well, I didn't even mind Oscar at first, but then they just kind of went crazy under Okada's writing and became something like a self insert character (the "kill all bad girls", crossdressing and chauvinism things just reek highly of Okada's weird fetishistic views on gender roles that are becoming more and more apparent with each show she writes and usually have no place in the story) I still don't really have an answer for what happened to Oscar and Zenigata at the end and why the heck Goemon was dressed up like Fujiko. Was it the drugs? Just weird and pointless.

The final episode was a bit of Necron with the whole introduction and resolution of Aisha as the cause of pretty much everything that's happened since the start of the show. All apparently cause she just wanted to live a normal life if vicariously through someone elses experiences. That was a bit of a strange and sudden twist, but I guess it works as well as anything. Creepy character though, she basically became obsessed with and probably thought she was Fujiko and built a cult around her while brainwashing pretty much everybody with the drug in order to maintain what Almeida left behind as well as her fantasy. From the flashbacks it looks like he was a terrible man, but that's all we'll ever really know of the person who looked to be the final boss.

At the end of it all as a result of some nitpicks with the bizzaro writing for some of the characters the show just narrowly misses becoming one of my all time favorites, but it's definitely do for a rewatch with some buddies down the line.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 20:49   Link #290
amasposu

This series is not as good as any of the original series. Those will forever be classics. Nevertheless, I really, really enjoyed this prequel. Fujiko will always be the treasure that Lupin cannot steal. 8D

Seeing this prequel makes me want to rewatch the first three Lupin series. =)
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 21:39   Link #291
ZODDGUTS

Good to see the TV ratings had been falling as the show kept on getting worse. Duckroll sums it up pretty well:

Quote:
Fujiko 13 - END

Bad. Really bad. It's kinda hilarious how this series basically completely fell apart and collapsed into a pile of **** from ep8 onwards. Before that it was mostly just boring, but in the second half the series really managed to somehow turn into an actively bad and offensive series by wallowing in self-important imagery and stupid plot developments. Every single aspect of the serious plot and all the revelations are terrible.

The last episode is like watching someone play a crappy JRPG and get to the final boss room where the villain spends 15 minutes of exposition on explaining all the plot twists and tying everything in the entire series together, explaining every reference and every piece of imagery. Not only is it childishly written, worse of all it isn't even entertaining or engaging. It's just dumb, contrived, and nonsensical.

This is terrible series and I will rather watch a 2 hour special on Ancient Aliens than ever think about this piece of trash again. The worst show this season by a country mile.
Overall it was a failed experiment. Shame not even Koike awesome art style could not saved this show.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 22:10   Link #292
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I loved this series. It never seemed to get much attention, but it had a lot of style and wasn't afraid to be different from the other series out there. The ending seemed fitting too: it suited Fujiko very well. Its characters came over with plenty of individuality and personality. I don't know if those personalities will match those of the other Lupin series or the manga, but I was happy to watch them in this one.

The only thing that stood out for me was the way the situation with Oscar wasn't resolved. Something just seemed odd about the way Oscar was placed into the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I still don't really have an answer for what happened to Oscar and Zenigata at the end and why the heck Goemon was dressed up like Fujiko. Was it the drugs? Just weird and pointless.
I don't know about Oscar and Zenigata, but in ep 12, Goemon was grabbed by some people who will have been the ones to dress him up. It wasn't the drugs.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 22:56   Link #293
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Well, there are still some shows airing, but the only show for me that stood a chance of besting this one for best show of the season was Zero, and that ended already, allowing me to say that this was my favorite show of the season.

That ending was perfect on so many levels.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 08:01   Link #294
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Interesting revelation , last episode was okay.
So Lupin will never have Mine Fujiko
Well , what i liked the most was the unique art & the ost.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 16:21   Link #295
Battler-kun

Series started out very well, but turned out kinda okayish, but the art and sound is a plus, nothing more.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 21:14   Link #296
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Very nice ending it isnt Lupin if Fujiko dosent get him

8/10
Old 2012-08-14, 11:59   Link #297
AleX_MytH

Are they going to release OST? I'm waiting for a long time. :/
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 09:55   Link #298
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Any thoughts on who should provide the voices for the dub?

I would like to see the Geneon cast come back and provide the voices, because I thought they fit each character well.
Old 2012-08-21, 15:51   Link #299
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Any thoughts on who should provide the voices for the dub?

I would like to see the Geneon cast come back and provide the voices, because I thought they fit each character well.
I've actually asked a question about the English voice cast when Funimation announced that they got the DVD rights for the show at Otakon, as I'm aware of Funimation dubbing some of the specials a decade ago.

Right now, Funi hasn't decided on the cast yet. However, I can see Sonny Strait,
Christopher R. Sabat, and Mike McFarland reprising their roles of Lupin, Jigen, and Goemon, respectively (not sure if Fujiko and Zenigata will be recasted or not).