AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 20:33   Link #3061
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
I'm getting quite a headache just looking at the Forums.
People only blaming the Asian's.
Not the team but whole bloody race in a few threads.
I never knew we had that many *racist* in the LoL forums...
Yes it sounds kinda exaggerated but just looking at that forums just boggles my mind.
It's been around for awhile. The NA community thinks that Asia is suck at LoL, and their only establishment is TSM. Always, whenever thing like playing skill is mentioned, they point to TSM and say how NA is superior to Asia. Admittedly, I was rooting for Azubu the whole match against TSM. Too bad thing like this just had to happen.
Old 2012-10-07, 22:56   Link #3062
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@that 2nd shot:

CLG had better win...

And yeah, I expected racist backlash. Don't think it's confined to LoL. It's all over WoW, DotA, Facebook, Twitter - anywhere. What is amusing though is that for years, everyone trashed the Asians about how much slower they were in WoW in progression. Then when KIN Raiders from Korea took the major world firsts late in Cataclysm, along with Taipei guilds also being in the first few, people had to shut up.

The internet's anonymity allows people to get away with a lot. Hate is an easy option a lot of people will go for. The internet's tendency to slam/diss people doing the right thing also causes problems. But it's part of life. Rise above it - there's always going to be hate. I experienced racism hardcore until I was an adult and still do sometimes. If that's what people have to do to handle life, whatever. I won't let it get to me.

Just one thing on the cheating thing - weren't a bunch of Stanford students busted for a major cheating scandal recently? Those forum posters love to ignore double standards. All nations cheat in some way. If we're going to that general, why don't we include the Olympics and people like Marion Jones? Not going to include Lance Armstrong - not convinced that he's guilty, there's been vendettas against him for a long time.

Edit:

Quote:
As a token of our thanks for your tremendous patience and dedication, we’re going to be giving out double IP for 24 hours after Finals, starting midnight PST on Sunday, October 14th.
Duly noted.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-10-07 at 23:51.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 00:35   Link #3063
killer3000ad

In order news, Regi has changed his mind and says he isn't retiring. Says he wasn't thinking right at the time he was doing the interview.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-08, 03:08   Link #3064
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Good. I like Reginald. TSM can do better and he is a big part of it. I can't exactly blame him for feeling the way he did though, this whole fiasco with Azubu Frost and head tilting is just ridiculous. Not to mention the pressure they were under due to host nation and CLG.NA + Dignitas getting knocked out in the group stage.

So...is every single team being accused now...

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-10-08 at 05:01.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 16:20   Link #3065
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Up to 1350 ELO now, hopefully I'll manage to hit 1400s later, and so far I am 4 - 0 on Irelia and 2 - 0 on Leona, and 7 - 3 on Skarner, then had bad luck on Diana and Udyr :/
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 17:37   Link #3066
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Up to 1350 ELO now, hopefully I'll manage to hit 1400s later, and so far I am 4 - 0 on Irelia and 2 - 0 on Leona, and 7 - 3 on Skarner, then had bad luck on Diana and Udyr :/
And after 1400 you can reach 1500 before season 3 start to get the war hero janna skin >_< GL!!!!
Old 2012-10-09, 05:00   Link #3067
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Anyone lagging today? Had some pretty hard lag spikes at 6k+ latency which just kept recurring every 20m or so.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 12:55   Link #3068
Kreceir

Well at-least I know it wasn't just me that had a few latency issues
So you're not the only one.
Old 2012-10-09, 17:28   Link #3069
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I got some weird latency issues today too, though were resolved by short net reset on my computer, but did happen in like 3 games.
MAL
Old 2012-10-10, 01:50   Link #3070
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally have problems with the game not even launching the load screen (or takes like 5 mins to do so, even though I can use other programs with not problem) and that cost me a couple of ranked games. Then another couple of games where I had bug splat issues.... yeah, wasn't a great week for me.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 02:35   Link #3071
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Lol definitely have some issues, like one time I was at loading screen, and the last guy wasn't connecting, so I left it like that. Minutes later I heard my friends telling me that the game started, and i returned to the loading screen the last guy still havn't reconnected, seems like it was a bug on my side =w=
Old 2012-10-10, 03:44   Link #3072
Kreceir

I just had a weird bug in one of my matches...
My WHOLE team froze and we couldn't move at all...
While the enemy team could move and just killed us with ease... It costed us the match which I'm quite pissed about.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:44   Link #3073
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
I just had a weird bug in one of my matches...
My WHOLE team froze and we couldn't move at all...
While the enemy team could move and just killed us with ease... It costed us the match which I'm quite pissed about.
If it's the whole team I think that's more of a server sided problem? (?) and not really a bug (?)
Old 2012-10-10, 04:33   Link #3074
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm still eternally puzzled by why the game almost never takes me to the game loading screen once choice is over. Everything else is fine now.

Any word on when the rescheduled matches for the World Championships are?
Old 2012-10-10, 04:40   Link #3075
Kreceir

Its today actually Last Sinner.
It says that it starts on 17:00.
http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.c...d-championship
Old 2012-10-10, 07:24   Link #3076
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Yeah, just saw the news on the game loading page. So that makes it 10:30am for me. Cool, I can get some sleep instead of starting at 3am like I did the first day of competition.
Old 2012-10-10, 18:09   Link #3077
killer3000ad

Riot just announced the results of their investigations
Quote:
Hi everyone,

We’ve completed a comprehensive investigation of all alleged incidents of players looking at the venue screen at the World Playoffs. Our full rulings are posted by bitingpig below, but here’s the tl;dr:

We evaluated these cases based on intent, severity and tangible impact to the course of the game. Based on our investigation, the Azubu Frost incident is the only one where we determined there to be tangible impact – we believe other members of AzF modified their gameplay (level 1 ping and Jayce brush check) based upon the information gained. We don’t believe, however, that these actions decided the winner of the game.

Per our rules we are issuing a fine of $30,000* for unsportsmanlike conduct. Proceeds will go to our charity program in Korea.

Here are summaries of our findings on the other incidents:

•Quarterfinal #4, Game 3 (CLG.EU v. Team WE) at 19:24 on the game clock – WE WeiXiao looked up at the venue screen. Practical benefits to Team WE were limited - Corki’s moves after WeiXiao’s look would have been logical, whether he saw Sona’s position on the venue screens or not. We have determined this to be unsportsmanlike and have issued a warning.
•Group Stage A (IG v. SK) at 13:00 on the game clock – iG Zz1tai looked over his right shoulder at the screens. From our analysis, there was no material impact to the game. We have determined this to be unsportsmanlike and have issued a warning.
•Quarterfinal #3, (restarted) Game 1 (AZF v. TSM) during game pause – TSM Dyrus turned his head to determine whether it was feasible to see the minimap screens from the stage. TSM obtained no direct meaningful benefits from Dyrus’ action as the game was restarted, but we have issued a warning.
•Quarterfinal #2, Game 1 (TPA v. NaJin Sword) at 4:11 on the game clock - TPA Stanley briefly looked to his left, then looked forward and adjusted his monitor. We’ve determined he was responding to glare issues. The position of all five players of NaJin Sword was already visible to TPA at this time. While Stanley violated the referee’s instructions to look forward at all times, there was no unsportsmanlike conduct.

*20% of current tournament winnings.

We take this stuff seriously. Our rules on sportsmanlike conduct are clearly communicated to competitors, and our decisions here are based on those rules. More importantly, this sort of behavior shouldn’t have been possible in the first place, and we recognize that and have taken steps to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future.
More details in the thread link. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2663221

TLDR; AZF got fined $30,000 but will continue on.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2012-10-10 at 18:21.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 20:11   Link #3078
Cream

CLG EU was so calm with that last game, as expected. They've played against WE so much they know how they play late game.

So proud of those damn Europeans
Old 2012-10-10, 20:30   Link #3079
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I just woke up, but from the way Hotshotgg is speaking, did CLG.Eu throw it?
Old 2012-10-10, 20:35   Link #3080
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I just woke up, but from the way Hotshotgg is speaking, did CLG.Eu throw it?
No they won it, WE lost. Comps were WE Olaf, Vlad, leona, Maokai, Corki and CLG Karthus, Jayce, Kog, Nunu, Skarner. (I didn't see it though)
MAL

Tags
league of legends, lol