AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-10, 12:33   Link #701
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post

Welp, from the looks of it the reboot might be delayed, which in part explains why there's been no news even though the Summer season is fast approaching. Someone said it's because Toei is still trying to decide which audience to target the show for (i.e. teens/young adults or young children). I'm hoping for the former, but the point of a reboot is to attract a new audience, so I hope whatever the delay is it will serve to make the show better in the end.
Wait I thought Toei doing Sailor Moon 2013 was an unconfirmed rumor or did I miss something?
Old 2013-04-10, 14:53   Link #702
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Wait I thought Toei doing Sailor Moon 2013 was an unconfirmed rumor or did I miss something?
Not quite an unannounced rumor but an official announcement back last year at summer. Since then I have been eagerly awaiting additional info on the series, but so far the *only* bit of news we've had was that it was a remake of the original anime. No other info, not even a single screenshot. For the life of me, I don't know what he delay is all about but it's starting to annoy me (and I imagine others too).
Old 2013-04-10, 14:56   Link #703
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If there still is a delay, why tag it as summer 2013? Got my hopes up that they weren't going to delay it after all.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-04-10, 15:53   Link #704
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Toei's involvement is just speculation right now. However, it's easily the best fit for the job, so it's unlikely for anyone else to make the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If there still is a delay, why tag it as summer 2013? Got my hopes up that they weren't going to delay it after all.
The delay isn't official yet. The only known plan is still a Summer release.
Old 2013-04-10, 16:30   Link #705
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well that's the thing. There is so little information on the series that they are not confirming whether it's delayed or not. They have definitely gone into "Area 51" mode with this series at this point.
Old 2013-04-10, 22:20   Link #706
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

This is rather worrying. At this point I really don't see it coming out this summer. If there has been a delay they should simply announce it rather than leave everyone to speculate.
Old 2013-04-11, 22:48   Link #707
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Eh, let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

.........I'm currently rewatching Stars-it's addicting as ever.
Old 2013-04-11, 23:04   Link #708
Dr. Casey

It's been a long time since I've watched Stars (2006, was actually the first subtitled anime I ever downloaded), but I remember really liking some of the songs the Starlights played. I remember one episode fairly close towards the end where Usagi was riding the ferris wheel at night and listening to Seiya sing... yeah... that was a good song.
Old 2013-04-12, 00:31   Link #709
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
It's been a long time since I've watched Stars (2006, was actually the first subtitled anime I ever downloaded), but I remember really liking some of the songs the Starlights played. I remember one episode fairly close towards the end where Usagi was riding the ferris wheel at night and listening to Seiya sing... yeah... that was a good song.
Hey, that's the episode I just finished! XD

(Episode 190) The song is called Nagareboshi (Shooting Star). Yes, it's a very nice song. Lonely and passionate.

Stars is the first anime series I saw via VHS fansub! Though my very first fansub was the SuperS movie. I still have them all.
Old 2013-04-15, 04:48   Link #710
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If I remember right, both Jupiter and Mars were the strongest hand-to-hand fighters of the Inner Senshi and could take out the Monster of the Week by themselves; I know Jupiter did at least once in a filler episode. Of course the Outer Senshi were on a totally different level... Still, I just can't picture Sailor Moon pulling out stunts like Nanoha and her crew or any of the Pretty Cure teams - it just doesn't compute. While I wouldn't mind more coordinated battles/fights, I wouldn't want it to turn into a fighting anime.

Although I do hope some elements from the previous run are put back into this one, even if they are following the manga more faithfully and most of my wish list deals with Rei (Sailor Mars). First, I hope they keep her BFF status with Usagi. I know that in the manga she got more 'buddy buddy' with Minako (Venus), but the way the first run portrayed Rei with Usagi as being sorta-rivals to best friends was one of the reasons I liked her so much. They went through some crap, they had issues and they grew from it - like some people do IRL. Not everyone starts off as your friend just because you're a 'nice but silly person', Usagi.

That aspect and my man, Chad (Yuichiro). I thought the dude was a genuine article until researching GeoCities webpages proved me otherwise (who remembers spending hours cross-referencing those good ol' homepages just to make sure you were 'up-to-date' on your knowledge ) Still, he was a great addition and I hope he makes the cut. I know it's slim to none that he'll be back but it would be great if he did make it in somehow. The only guy I'd approve of being with Rei-chan... I don't care what people say about 'manga faithfulness', if Chad's not back, they're missing out on a great OC.
Old 2013-04-15, 10:22   Link #711
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
If I remember right, both Jupiter and Mars were the strongest hand-to-hand fighters of the Inner Senshi and could take out the Monster of the Week by themselves; I know Jupiter did at least once in a filler episode. Of course the Outer Senshi were on a totally different level... Still, I just can't picture Sailor Moon pulling out stunts like Nanoha and her crew or any of the Pretty Cure teams - it just doesn't compute. While I wouldn't mind more coordinated battles/fights, I wouldn't want it to turn into a fighting anime.
Usagi was a reality warper being able to revive the dead with the silver crystal and living above 1000 freaking years and a planet buster if you take in account Black Moon's planet.

Quote:
That aspect and my man, Chad (Yuichiro). I thought the dude was a genuine article until researching GeoCities webpages proved me otherwise (who remembers spending hours cross-referencing those good ol' homepages just to make sure you were 'up-to-date' on your knowledge ) Still, he was a great addition and I hope he makes the cut. I know it's slim to none that he'll be back but it would be great if he did make it in somehow. The only guy I'd approve of being with Rei-chan... I don't care what people say about 'manga faithfulness', if Chad's not back, they're missing out on a great OC.
Oh, that guy? I would like to see him back. I hope he doesn't gets a Yuna Scrya treatment like it happened in Nanoha series.
Old 2013-04-15, 13:19   Link #712
4Tran

Quote:
If I remember right, both Jupiter and Mars were the strongest hand-to-hand fighters of the Inner Senshi and could take out the Monster of the Week by themselves; I know Jupiter did at least once in a filler episode. Of course the Outer Senshi were on a totally different level...
Venus. Sailor Mars was their psychic seer with powers over supernatural beings. Sailor Venus had experience as Sailor V, and she had a tendency to use her Love Me Chain as more than just an attack.

Quote:
Still, I just can't picture Sailor Moon pulling out stunts like Nanoha and her crew or any of the Pretty Cure teams - it just doesn't compute. While I wouldn't mind more coordinated battles/fights, I wouldn't want it to turn into a fighting anime.
Sure it can. The action in Sailor Moon was more limited by budget than imagination. In the movies (or at least the R movie), they kicked all sorts of butt. A new Sailor Moon with good action choreography would be awesome. The few episodes in the original anime that had them tended to be pretty good as well.

Quote:
Although I do hope some elements from the previous run are put back into this one, even if they are following the manga more faithfully and most of my wish list deals with Rei (Sailor Mars). First, I hope they keep her BFF status with Usagi. I know that in the manga she got more 'buddy buddy' with Minako (Venus), but the way the first run portrayed Rei with Usagi as being sorta-rivals to best friends was one of the reasons I liked her so much. They went through some crap, they had issues and they grew from it - like some people do IRL. Not everyone starts off as your friend just because you're a 'nice but silly person', Usagi.
It would be really cool if they could keep that love-hate relationship. Precure tried to do something similar in Suite, and it didn't work at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Usagi was a reality warper being able to revive the dead with the silver crystal and living above 1000 freaking years and a planet buster if you take in account Black Moon's planet.
That final fight in Stars was pretty impressive as well.
Old 2013-04-15, 14:55   Link #713
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It would be really cool if they could keep that love-hate relationship. Precure tried to do something similar in Suite, and it didn't work at all.
Really? With who? I don't recall a male character at all.
Old 2013-04-15, 15:09   Link #714
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Really? With who? I don't recall a male character at all.
Hibiki and Kanade's main shtick is that they fight and then make up, then fight and then make up. It's nowhere as good as the Usagi-Rei relationship as the latter has way more variety and flavor. (And because their fights usually only last one scene)
Old 2013-04-15, 16:03   Link #715
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

All these depend on how close this reboot is going to be to the manga. Seeing how Naoko absolutely despised what Toei did to Rei's character for the anime, if it's up to her the love-hate relationship is out. The live action is a good indication of what Rei could be like and I would like that, personally I have no problems with the original anime!Rei, though if I had to rank the 3 takes on her, this would be the last on my list. The bickering got boring every now and then, but I understand the appeal and why people enjoyed it.
Old 2013-04-15, 16:28   Link #716
4Tran

To be fair, one of the reasons why the anime was as good as it turned out was because the directors were crazy and did whatever they wanted to. Not paying any attention to what Takeuchi Naoko wanted was part and parcel of that.
Old 2013-04-15, 19:54   Link #717
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Venus. Sailor Mars was their psychic seer with powers over supernatural beings. Sailor Venus had experience as Sailor V, and she had a tendency to use her Love Me Chain as more than just an attack.
Venus also being the leader of the Inner Senshi lends credence do this. She is very underrated, in my opinion, by the fan base. I love her character. Easily my favorite.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2013-04-15, 22:18   Link #718
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hands off Sailor V! I called her as my first love three years ago in the forums here.

Yeah, how Sailor V never took off but Sailor Moon did, I can never figure out. Sailor Venus just is so much cooler than bratty Sailor Moon.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-04-16, 00:24   Link #719
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I never got the feeling that Minako was much of a fighter outside the Senshi persona. I guess it was how they had animeRei kicking ass not only with her ofuda, but I did see her flip a few guys with akkido-like moves as well. Still, I personally didn't like Rei in the manga, even if she was suppose to be very aloof and 'above it all'. I guess they made her more 'accessible' and down to earth in the anime, thinking that someone that 'elegant' might come off wrong to the audiences.

I can see my hope for Chad making an appearance slowly dwindling...

As for the fighting, if it's more like how they had it in their movies, little stock footage reuse - then I can abide that. I dunno - maybe I'm too set in my expectations for Sailor Moon to see them fighting like the first Precure team of Honoka and Nagisa - good lord, those two lil girls scared me.

...although I personally can't wait to see the reactions to Zoi and Mal. XD I won't say anything more for spoiler-ish reasons but those who know already...
Old 2013-04-16, 18:09   Link #720
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Zoi and Mal? Zoicite and Kunzite?

Considering that the nature of the relationship differs drastically from continuity...
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo