AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG! Season 2 Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 2 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 43.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 6.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 18.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-11, 14:02   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

AMG Season 2, Episode 6 Discussion

Welcome to this week's Episode of Ah! My Goddess Season 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Also remember that all the other series of AMG are licensed (first TV series, OVA, Movie, Mini-Goddess, and the manga) so no discussion about earlier fansubs or groups. Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Megami and Keiichi]Are sister and brother.... What, you already knew!!![/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Megami and Keiichi:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-05-18 at 19:32.
Old 2006-05-14, 08:21   Link #2
Vicequaizer

Well, four days after it got shown in Japan should be good enough for spoilers to be unlocked.
Overall I liked how they set this up...it was centered around Belldandy's jealousy, but Urd got a lot of air time and a good role...and we get to see a glimpse of Skuld's non-Belldandy-lovelove side.
Tho they don't show it much, Urd and Skuld really like eachother...if not, why would she hug on to Urd instead of Belldandy.
(For those that argue that its because she coincidentally happened to be sitting next to her and Skuld didn't care who it was, I am not listening to that because it breaks my little dream world of Urd and Skuld being very good sisters in reality).

By the way, I really like how they portray Urd like the current manga Urd compared to how she was when this episode came out in the manga.
It shows she's really a caring, sister loving, strong goddess who actually does stuff other than make mysterious potions and such.
And as for Belldandy...its time to thank Shiho for such a good timing hugging on to Keiichi...because your sister was in quite a big trouble if you didn't 'explode' so to speak.

And lastly...YAY FOR PEORTH IN EPISODE 7! ...And what is that chainsaw for, Skuld?
How many times will we see roses next week...?
Old 2006-05-15, 00:08   Link #3
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Saw episode 06.
Spoiler for Comments on episode 06:
Old 2006-05-15, 12:45   Link #4
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Damn Finals Month!
Maybe theyll treat us with a double or triple release after finals are over eh?
Old 2006-05-15, 17:24   Link #5
kirjava
~kugetski~

I like this episode. But i wont rate it until i see it with subs instead of just a raw.
Old 2006-06-06, 07:22   Link #6
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

06 Widescreen is out... knock yourselves out.
Old 2006-06-06, 14:05   Link #7
Keiichi-san! ^_^
Skuld-Lover ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi-san! ^_^ Send a message via MSN to Keiichi-san! ^_^ Send a message via Yahoo to Keiichi-san! ^_^
YEA IT OUT! its awesome. good job! ^_^
i really liked this episode, kinda shows u a side of belldandy u dont get to see often.
..she scawy when she jeloues lol
(yes i know i speeled it wrong)
still good job
Old 2006-06-06, 21:30   Link #8
XZephyrX

Well, this'll be my first post:

I enjoyed this episode. It developed Belldandy's character well. It showed that she is not a perfect, flawless being, and her desires have a selfish edge to them.

My only problem with this episode is how they suddenly threw this girl into the mix. I understand why they did it, but they didn't really develop her background, and, to be honest, I don't even remember her name.
That has to tell you something right off the bat if you can't remember the character's name, even after they've had a good portion of the spotlight in their intro episode...
Well, since I can't read or speak Japanese, I'll be waiting on episode 7 to see if they give us background on this new character, and hopefully add some depth to her.

What was her name again...?
Oh, that's right; Shiho.
Old 2006-06-06, 23:37   Link #9
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Nah, she only appears once in the manga, which is covered in this anime episode, and that's it. She doesn't re-appear in later manga chapters.

IMHO, while the anime episode was well done, I prefer the manga a bit more. It was a lot more funnier because Shiho was more arrogant and cute at the same time... and it also showed how much of a noob Shiho is as an exorcist.

Pity, I can't post a pic of the manga showing Shiho in her arrogant pose... licensed and all. It really is funny...
Old 2006-06-07, 04:14   Link #10
Free Voice

A wonderful episode

Kimura-sensei, and all the team, many thanks for the release of episodes 5 & 6. I was rather sorry of reading of your earlier problems. I hope all is well and rolling now.

I have to say that so far, I find episode 6 one of the best as much graphically as for the psychological aspect of Belldandy. It was quite an emotional episode, with Belldandy's internal conflicts much better illustrated than in the manga.

However, I think I spotted a number of cross-references to the movie AMG, isn't it? Belldandy speaking of that ugly part of herself, etc... And in episode 5, when the senpais talk of a "drag race", I guess that's a wink for the Oh! My Goddess series...

I'm looking forward to the next episodes!
Old 2006-06-07, 08:29   Link #11
sarpal
AnY Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Voice
Kimura-sensei, and all the team, many thanks for the release of episodes 5 & 6. I was rather sorry of reading of your earlier problems. I hope all is well and rolling now.
That event didn't affect AMG.
Old 2006-06-07, 16:13   Link #12
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I kind of like the fact that we have a jealous Belldandy, that, as she spends
more time amongst humans some of their traits are rubbing off so to speak.

Last edited by aliensporebomb; 2006-06-07 at 16:35.
Old 2006-06-07, 19:14   Link #13
Kimura-sensei
Retired AOne Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpal
That event didn't affect AMG.
Not entirely correct. It indirectly affected the project because several key Aone members, myself included, had to deal with the mess. The repercussions are still there for other projects and I'm not thrilled that I gotta deal with it.

Where's Belldandy when you need her? I'll take even Urd, do a system restore...
Old 2006-06-08, 04:55   Link #14
jtrog

Think I just gave it a 10 lol! "Poor Belldandy, She needs a Giant 5 minute long NO Talking hug from K7." shes having a mental breakdown........
Old 2006-06-08, 05:46   Link #15
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura-sensei
Pity, I can't post a pic of the manga showing Shiho in her arrogant pose... licensed and all. It really is funny...
Well unless there is a board rule against it, the "fair use" doctrine would allow the posting of a single image without violating copyright rules. Happens all the time. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZephyrX
I enjoyed this episode. It developed Belldandy's character well. It showed that she is not a perfect, flawless being, and her desires have a selfish edge to them.
Does extreme stupidity not already show her to not be a perfect, flawless being?

You know, the episode didn't really work for me simply because Belldandy hasn't been properly set up to be jealous in the anime. Thus her suddenly becoming jealous makes no sense. In the manga, by the time this story appeared, Belldandy's romantic feelings for K1 were quite clear. The couple had even kissed a few times by that point and Belldandy had worried several times about K1 no longer needing her. So when Shiho comes around, Belldandy's jealousy stems from her old fears about K1 not needing her.

So to me, this just seemed out of left-field. That may have been what the writers wanted to achieve, but to me, it lost most of its impact.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2006-06-08, 07:57   Link #16
Keiichi-san! ^_^
Skuld-Lover ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi-san! ^_^ Send a message via MSN to Keiichi-san! ^_^ Send a message via Yahoo to Keiichi-san! ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy
Well unless there is a board rule against it, the "fair use" doctrine would allow the posting of a single image without violating copyright rules. Happens all the time. ^_^

Does extreme stupidity not already show her to not be a perfect, flawless being?

You know, the episode didn't really work for me simply because Belldandy hasn't been properly set up to be jealous in the anime. Thus her suddenly becoming jealous makes no sense. In the manga, by the time this story appeared, Belldandy's romantic feelings for K1 were quite clear. The couple had even kissed a few times by that point and Belldandy had worried several times about K1 no longer needing her. So when Shiho comes around, Belldandy's jealousy stems from her old fears about K1 not needing her.

So to me, this just seemed out of left-field. That may have been what the writers wanted to achieve, but to me, it lost most of its impact.

Hmmm.
I agree with you there.
They kinda rushed into it.
Also (arrr you K1) I noticed from the TV series to the manga.
1: Keiichi is more of a pervert in the manga.
2: he's braver in the manga.
he should be more brave in the anime. Ive screamed at my computer scream telling him to be more brave and DO IT. -_-; *sigh* bleck. ok my rant is done.

P.S. I didn't know Astronerdboy was a member here. Hey, It's bettermanlamia from the AFC forums. :P no im not stalking you :P
Old 2006-06-09, 20:45   Link #17
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
^ I also think he's a member of GRO and SBA's forum.

But umm..jumping off a building last season seemed pretty brave. Except for him running away in ep 7, he's been pretty close to his manga-self. I wish he said a few more sarcastic asides, like he does in the manga. But meh..close enuff.

I agree, for certain stories, the anime timeline works really well but the progression of KeiandBell's relationship in season two feels abit screwy. But for the record,The story felt abit out of left field in the manga to me anyways. Until SHiho Bell never showed signs of jealousy,except WAYY back when Urd and Skuld made bids for him(Love potion no.9 and the trials of morisato). Those scenes never happened in the anime, so it made it feel even more all of a sudden..

I am really happy that Bell seems less umm..'stupid' this season.XD
Old 2006-06-10, 06:07   Link #18
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi-san! ^_^
P.S. I didn't know Astronerdboy was a member here. Hey, It's bettermanlamia from the AFC forums. :P no im not stalking you :P
I'm a member on far to many anime boards. *lol* Slow nights allow me to hit more of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan
I am really happy that Bell seems less umm..'stupid' this season.XD
Well, she still has to display her powers in public. I think she's done it in most of the episodes this series.

BTW, and I just HAVE to say this, this is technically the 3rd season if the term "season" is to be used since the first series was two 13-episode seasons.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2006-06-11, 17:09   Link #19
jtrog

I have to admit show 6 was a long throw off what show 5 worked up too and Urds 'human remote control' is now making me crack up. Not what she made Keii do but what shes making others do when shes running around... Lmao.
Old 2006-06-12, 10:31   Link #20
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I hope AMG closes it up this season with Bell and K1 marrying. Although I'd love more episodes, I love closure even more ... I don't want this to become another Ranma or Bleach for that matter.
Closed Thread