Old 2010-04-15, 12:08   Link #5341
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Eishun is an Aoyama by birth so he could be a cousin to Mokoto and Tsuruko
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 12:25   Link #5342
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i don't think the manga ever reveal what Eishun surname was before he got marry. Anyway he could have been anything form a brother to their father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Old 2010-04-15, 15:01   Link #5343
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
Hmm... I think Yue will remember her feelings for Negi but I think because after everything she's been through it wouldn't be as strong, like she said, the memories seem to belong to a different person. Yue's grown-up a lot in the Magical World I guess we'll have to wait and see how her old memories integrate with the new person she's become.
I'm with Krono on this one, that's definitely not gonna be the case, and that just cheapens things if she just remains detached like that.

As for the next Pactios, it is about time the last of the Baka Rangers gets her card IMHO.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 15:07   Link #5344
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_person_4840 View Post
Do you guys think that Makie, Ako, Yuuna, and Akira's reducing of Negi's ME effects is from their previous vampirism from Eva?
I think it's because Negi's being touched by 4 girls at the same time; What more could you extract from that?

No, really, I think it might be the "vampirism" from a while back, seeing how both powers came from the same source, so there might be some compatibility in counter-effects...Or it could be simply the touch of humanity; After all, Negi has finally calmed down after having just been in berserker mode not long before that...

...or it could be a combination of both...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 15:11   Link #5345
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Negi is driven by not only his raw fury at the loss of his home town, but also the stark fear that his students may be in danger. Protecting his students is, apparently, an even more powerful urge for him than revenge.
Old 2010-04-15, 15:28   Link #5346
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Negi is driven by not only his raw fury at the loss of his home town, but also the stark fear that his students may be in danger. Protecting his students is, apparently, an even more powerful urge for him than revenge.
...which would totally make sense, if he didn't lash out full force at one set of students and then stop dead in his tracks with another...Attack the fully capable Setsuna and Kaede but leave the defenseless Ako untouchable? Berserker Negi is a hypocrite...

But it looks like there are ways of suppressing the power even at it's highest threshold without resorting to absolute force alone...I think we have another solidification of resolve here...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2010-04-15, 15:28   Link #5347
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Another point to consider - Negi took up Magia Erebea so he could stand alone in a fight; his trauma at work, since he's afraid the people he cares about will be hurt if they defend him, the way Nekane and old man Stan were, back when his home village was attacked. The Erebean demon thinks only of defeating everything that it finds on its path, and so is alone.

The girls' holding Negi's hands and staying with him are signs that he is not alone, people are still there to help him despite everything he's done to stand alone. No wonder they're causing the Erebean infection to recede - if only a little.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 15:40   Link #5348
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Setsuna and Kaede attacked him first, thus getting flagged as potentially hostile straight off as the frenzy started.

The Sports Four didn't make any hostile moves at all.
Old 2010-04-15, 16:27   Link #5349
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i don't think the manga ever reveal what Eishun surname was before he got marry. Anyway he could have been anything form a brother to their father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
sure? ... i seem to remember that one of the flashbacks named him ... not denying that it could just be faulty memory though
Old 2010-04-15, 16:34   Link #5350
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
sure? ... i seem to remember that one of the flashbacks named him ... not denying that it could just be faulty memory though
Eishun having the original surname of Aoyama was confirmed in the Drama CD that came out with volume 29 of the manga.
Old 2010-04-15, 17:02   Link #5351
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

There's also the comment that Godel knew the Aoyama succession technique. And he could've only learned it from someone in the main line, and only under highly unusual circumstances.
Old 2010-04-15, 17:05   Link #5352
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
...I swear, if they fix the Nodoka/Yue/Negi triangle by having Yue conveniently forgetting that she fell in love, I am buying a plane ticket and me and Ken are going to have words. No, I don't speak Japanese. The words I plan on using are kind of universal, though.
I'm planning on doing that if he doesn't bring Emily back.

Anyway. Not sure how the four are helping Negi, at this point. I had forgotten that they were the ones Eva turned half-vampire, so I suppose that's a possibility. There could be several potential explanations, though, so I'm not going to get my heart set on any one just yet.

I'm bothered that Anya didn't make a cameo in the harem picture.

Now Collette, Yue isn't abandoning you for her old friends, she's bringing you into the group. And she can bring Emily along once they bring her back, too.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 17:07   Link #5353
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Setsuna and Kaede attacked him first, thus getting flagged as potentially hostile straight off as the frenzy started.

The Sports Four didn't make any hostile moves at all.
No, they weren't hostile, but they were still registered as targets and were almost the subject of berserker Negi's intent; I of course say almost since something in human Negi's psyche clicked and prevented berserker Negi from harming Ako upon contact, and left him defenseless enough to be struck by one of Evangeline's attacks...

For all the discussion there was on all the technical details surrounding ME and for Evangeline's intentions to suppress ME through her means...I think this chapter shows that Ken might keep it simple for the stupid; Symbolism and a little bit of psychology, not magic or hostile "training", is what's going to suppress the negative effects of ME and give Negi the power he needs to win...
Old 2010-04-15, 18:17   Link #5354
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
No, they weren't hostile,
Eva called them to attack, Setsuna opened with a demon sealing move and Kaede launched a Shadow Catch attack on him. That's pretty easy to flag as hostile. Before that he was standing there, glowing menacingly.
Old 2010-04-15, 18:21   Link #5355
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Quote:
Eva called them to attack, Setsuna opened with a demon sealing move and Kaede launched a Shadow Catch attack on him. That's pretty easy to flag as hostile. Before that he was standing there, glowing menacingly.
I was referring to Ako/Yuuna/Akira/Makie in my post...
Old 2010-04-15, 18:25   Link #5356
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
I was referring to Ako/Yuuna/Akira/Makie in my post...
Ah yes, so I see now.

But in any event, the threat response isn't hard to follow. 'Someone is attacking me. Defend myself.' leads into 'Potential hostiles in area.' But when no move at all is made to aggress, he shifts gears and realizes who he has targeted and comes to a screeching halt.
Old 2010-04-15, 19:52   Link #5357
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I'm bothered that Anya didn't make a cameo in the harem picture.
Look at it this way. Once the dust settles, and they all get back to the real world, Anya can't stick around.

Unlike Negi, who is in the magic world on summer break, with the club he's in charge of; Anya is(to the best of my knowlege) playing hooky from her assigned fortune teller job. If she doesn't want to get in trouble, she needs to get her butt back to whatever London street she was working at.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 02:15   Link #5358
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

thanks TnAdct1 and Gearhead ... it was those two things i've somehow managed to mix up
Old 2010-04-16, 03:12   Link #5359
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Look at it this way. Once the dust settles, and they all get back to the real world, Anya can't stick around.

Unlike Negi, who is in the magic world on summer break, with the club he's in charge of; Anya is(to the best of my knowlege) playing hooky from her assigned fortune teller job. If she doesn't want to get in trouble, she needs to get her butt back to whatever London street she was working at.
And then we can revisit the Negima!? anime! Only this time, with more martial arts and less chibi anthro students.
Old 2010-04-16, 05:13   Link #5360
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I'm gonna love to see the cover story they cook up for explaining this mess when they all get home.

Tags
action, fantasy