AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters Try - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 4 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 35.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-05, 15:47   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Gundam Build Fighters Try - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Gundam Build Fighters Try. your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 17:37   Link #2
Skye629

No poll?

Well anyways, here's my quick typed in 10 minutes rundown off-the-top-of-my-head

Characters:
Memorable, however they are not as built-up or developed as those in S1. Character development is on the lacking side. And I don't really care if most of S1's main cast did not appear or only made tiny cameos. This show is not about them

Plot:
As basic as basic can get. Team goes to tournament, ends up winning, blah, blah, blah, blah. We All know this formula and it will never die. The handling of the show did not seem to be as executed as well as S1 also. Mostly in part due to so many characters being present (due to team format), and the focus on the main team for the first half of the show. The real rivals did not appear until halfway through, and are still not built on enough. For Super Robot stuff, thats love it or hate it, and the show chose to go that route from the start.

Music:
Pretty good imo, the soundtrack is nice and uses some of the more memorable pieces from S1 as well (not enough Flamenco though....oh well). And of course we all love BACK-ON/Cerulean in Gundam Build Fighters

Gunpla/Mech Designs:
10/10. This series got variant mechs, mostly original designs, and cameo galore. Something for everyone here except for G-Reco due to copyright stuff. As for the Super Robot elements, as mentioned before. Love it or hate it, does not change the fact that this was more the route the show chose to take like G-Gundam

Problems
-Pacing issues, really slow at some points, and some stuff could have really been cut shorter, like those two part fights, or the build up episode before the finals
-Rivalries/character connections not built/developed well enough
-Assimilation: Its stupid unless the Arista Theory I've been going on about (or an explanation just as good) is confirmed to be true. A Placebo effect would never be enough to "merge" with a piece of plastic. or feel pain when that said piece of plastic gets damaged. And by the end of the show it has like no consequences whatsoever
-Teamwork: This is where alot of us had high expectations, which were not quite met. There were some good parts with teamwork, like at Solomon or the finals, but other than that it felt lacking for our protagonists (despite them notably being better as the show went on. They even had formations and plans by the nationals). The opposition teams tended to have much better teamwork/coordination. The main problem is that the show often did not depict teamwork well, and eventually broke up most fights into 1v1's of some sort or the other (and put emphasis on this)

Final Thoughts:
I really did enjoy this show. Despite the problems I listed, I tend to glance over most of it. Im here for Gunpla, and Gunpla battles. Thats what I got, and thats what I love. Overthinking cons of anything just makes everything less enjoyable. The problems in this show were relatively minor compared to other Gundam series, so why bother with those? (exceptions of course being that they are so ridiculous they cant be ignored)

Looking forward to a S3/OVA!!!

Overall Score: 8/10
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 19:33   Link #3
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Animation Quality: 7/10
It's inferior in every way to the original, overuse of stock footage, constant off-model state of character, using shiny effect instead of detailed destruction.

It's not the worst, but certainly far from best they can do.

Voice Actors: 10/10
I find no glaring flaw, everyone works their best and it shows. If there's something awkward, it seems comes from script and direction than anything else.

Script: 3/10
Total and utter shite, screentime is no balanced, interaction of the casts almost hollow, character development almost non-existent.

Side characters being more interesting than main characters, something clearly went wrong in the writing or direction.

They also shat on iterally every established point of the first season in the name of shounen.

Soundtrack: 8/10
Some great tracks, but most are just okay

Editing: ?
I don't know

Enjoyment: 3.5/10
It has many great moments, but not worth rewatching consider the sheer amount of shitty episodes.

Emotional Involvement: 4/10
I dropped it once after episode 15 or so, resumed it again fr the sake of completeness.

Overall: 6.3/10
No, I'm not going to yearn for sequel for this mediocre anime.
Old 2015-04-15, 01:13   Link #4
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It was a decent show, but it wasn't great the way the first GBF was. I just didn't really have the same level of emotional investment.

I think it says something when the side characters stand out more than the mains. Reiji and Sei were the mains of GBF, but the rivals stood beside them. Here, IMO the rivals outshine the mains.

Gyanko/Shimon stealthshipping was good though. By the next GBF series, one day Gyanko and Shimon are going to wake up and realise that they've spent the last few years dating without realising it.

tl;dr: Not great, but not bad either. It was okay.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-24, 03:48   Link #5
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Right smack in the middle in terms of rank compared to other Gundam, with the original just being oh so damn good and a few dishonorable mentions falling below Try.

An average gundam series set in an awesome timeline. Sadly, I feel this was a season long filler for when we do get back to Iori.