AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-03-13, 22:02   Link #1181
NeonZ

Quote:
Correction: Durandal lost. Plenty of ZAFT troops fought against him so it was effectively a civil war.
"Plenty of"? Only Yzak's team really defected during the battle. Everything else couldn't be considered "ZAFT troops", considering how they were fighting under an official Orb force.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 22:30   Link #1182
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
"Plenty of"? Only Yzak's team really defected during the battle. Everything else couldn't be considered "ZAFT troops", considering how they were fighting under an official Orb force.
Actually, even if it really were just Yzak's troops, that may already qualify it to be a civil war. However, since there's no need to count only the troops that turned during the final battle, we can include at least the Dom Troopers, the Eternal crew, the Factory personnel, and the ZAFT vessels that showed up on Lacus' side. The fact that they all still wore their ZAFT uniforms is an obvious indicator that they didn't repudiate PLANT; that they were only repudiating Durandal.

By the way, how do you conclude that they were fighting under the Orb fleet!? Lacus was the supreme fleet commander, just as she was during the battle of Jachin Due.
Old 2008-03-13, 22:31   Link #1183
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
If you want to stick with the story continuity established in Destiny, you're going to have to be careful how you treat Terminal. Apparently, it's just an information/intelligence/communication organization that's unattached to any government. As far as I can tell, it has no soldiers, no weapons and doesn't really perform missions. As such, it's extremely unlikely to officially ally itself to a government, and it's unlikely that any country would go to war against it.
Oh, I know that. Terminal is, strictly speaking, still "just" an intelligence network which has a frightening tendency to steal and construct super-high tech MS. But their ties and sympathies with, say, Lacus, would far outweigh their ties to the Atlantic Federation. The Terminal Conflict is a war on proxy (Lacus's intelligence network) after Terminal passes on a key bit of bad information, and I did say that it was an engineered conflict, didn't I?
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 04:37   Link #1184
NeonZ

Quote:
Actually, even if it really were just Yzak's troops, that may already qualify it to be a civil war. However, since there's no need to count only the troops that turned during the final battle, we can include at least the Dom Troopers, the Eternal crew, the Factory personnel, and the ZAFT vessels that showed up on Lacus' side. The fact that they all still wore their ZAFT uniforms is an obvious indicator that they didn't repudiate PLANT; that they were only repudiating Durandal.
They seemingly were siding with Lacus and basically abandoning PLANT a long time before Dullindal did anything that justified their opposition though, so they obviously had left PLANT behind, in spite of still wearing the uniform.

Quote:
By the way, how do you conclude that they were fighting under the Orb fleet!? Lacus was the supreme fleet commander, just as she was during the battle of Jachin Due.
Lacus was the actual commander, but the fleet officially was Orb's when it launched to space after Zaft's defeat in the Orb battle, and Lacus was there. Even if it did get more reinforcements after going to space, the core of the fleet still was Orb.

Last edited by NeonZ; 2008-03-14 at 13:31.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 15:56   Link #1185
hero147

Actually, a third series wouldn't be soo bad.....As long as the producers don't screw up like Destiny. Seed was a great series, which means they can actually create a decent series. Just because of 1 bad production doesn't mean the third series would suck. I'm looking forward to one...Seed was awesome in my opinion, and Destiny wasn't soo bad...

Everybody exaggerates how bad Destiny was, and everyone just follows, thats what i hate about how much fans actually influence the director. If its possible, I wouldn't want a war to
start in the third series and Lacus and co. bringing peace again....Its getting redundant and boring, I want it to be more in-depth like Ultimate Coordinator and such. I would also like it to have great content in the development of characters, in Destiny there was no development, unlike seed. Being a LacusxKira fan, I want to see the marriage of Kira and Lacus in the movie or the invisible 3rd series. Hope there will be at third series. It'd be interesting to see how people in Zaft would react to Kira, someone even more famous than Athrun, looking forward to that.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 15:58   Link #1186
ThoHell

OH...a KiraXLacus fan like me! Marriage is good......Kira kicking more ass is good.....3 rd series, not so sure about! Still waiting for the damn movie that's taking forever and a day to come out.....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 19:07   Link #1187
carmolita

Thohell looks like you might get your wish. For this was posted on Ann today: Writer Morosawa Explains Delay in the Gundam Seed Movie The April issue (released on March 10) of Tokuma Shoten's Animage magazine included an update on the planned Mobile Suit Gundam Seed movie from writer Chiaki Morosawa. Morosawa explained that the plot is done, but she has been ill since the end of 2004-2005's Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny sequel. She then asked for the fans' patience. Source: Gunota Headlines

Does anyone have access to this article in Tokuma Shoten's Animage magazine? If so what else does the article talk about??
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 01:02   Link #1188
ThoHell

OH...good man on the info. Time to do some madd surfing. I kind of have an idea of the plot, actually I damn well know the main plot, just don't know what else will happen in the movie. I HOPE IT'S NOT A LOT OF OLD SCREEN SHOTS (I heard they will used screen shots from series, usually when that happens THEY USE ALOT!) I just want some damn closure. They left Athrun and Cagalli relationship up in the air. I really want to see Kira and Lacus have a good moment AND MARRIED (not sure why I want the marriage so much, I guess that would be some closure to us fans).

You know what, no one really knows when it's going to air. Some sites say in 2009, actually most sites say that......... *sigh*
Old 2008-03-15, 03:00   Link #1189
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I think that hence it is a MOVIE, they'd not re-use a single footage from any of the previous series.

And I don't like the idea of Athrun and Kagalli being together again.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 06:17   Link #1190
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I think that hence it is a MOVIE, they'd not re-use a single footage from any of the previous series.
Oh god that was so funny reading that, Seed without stock footage? not gonna happen.
________
Santeria Forum

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:41.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 07:07   Link #1191
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Oh god that was so funny reading that, Seed without stock footage? not gonna happen.
Well, we'll see when/if the movie is released. Then we could get back to this and say which post was more funny, yours or mine
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 09:06   Link #1192
hero147

I hope there would be a 3rd season...I'm interested on how Kira is known in Zaft like how lunamaria would react to Kira, a man more famous than Athrun...Besides Kira was in EA for most of Seed, Orb for Destiny, why not finish one in Zaft. It should be interesting.
Old 2008-03-15, 13:29   Link #1193
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I hope there would be a 3rd season...I'm interested on how Kira is known in Zaft like how lunamaria would react to Kira, a man more famous than Athrun...Besides Kira was in EA for most of Seed, Orb for Destiny, why not finish one in Zaft. It should be interesting.
Hmm..maybe. But I guess that's just Kira, he fights for what he believes in. But currently he and Lacus are together no matter what. Where he goes she goes, where she goes he goes. Since Lacus returns to Zath and joins the council, Kira had to join Zaft too.....now if these 2 were to had to fight each other....WOW. I think I would die from the heart breaking. Kira and Lacus going hand in hand, to be torn is just wrong. Sorry, but they're just one of my favorite anime couples....
Old 2008-03-15, 15:47   Link #1194
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Hah, they can't: cinemas have a much higher resolution than anything Seed/Destiny were recorded in, so they'd have to redraw and reanimate any scenes they want to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Kira is a virtual unknown in the Cosmic Era. The only characters outside of the Archangel circle that I can recall who even know who he is without meeting him are Durandal, Rey and Yuuna. In fact, Kira would probably be far better known as Lacus' friend than for anything he did. For somewhat similar reasons, Lacus herself wasn't very famous on Earth before she made the announcement against Meer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Hmm..maybe. But I guess that's just Kira, he fights for what he believes in. But currently he and Lacus are together no matter what. Where he goes she goes, where she goes he goes. Since Lacus returns to Zath and joins the council, Kira had to join Zaft too.....now if these 2 were to had to fight each other....WOW. I think I would die from the heart breaking. Kira and Lacus going hand in hand, to be torn is just wrong. Sorry, but they're just one of my favorite anime couples....
The only reason for Kira to go to PLANT would be to accompany Lacus. I don't see any pressing need for him to join ZAFT itself, but there can be all sorts of reasons for it.
Old 2008-03-15, 15:51   Link #1195
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Hah, they can't: cinemas have a much higher resolution than anything Seed/Destiny were recorded in, so they'd have to redraw and reanimate any scenes they want to use.
Unless they're going for the Zeta Movies look, of course...
Old 2008-03-15, 15:54   Link #1196
ThoHell

Yup, Kira isn't really known for Kira. Only to some who really know him. What Kira is know for, or actually should I say it is Freedom/Strike that is known. The Gundam suit is known, but not the pilot in it.

Like I said, Kira and Lacus go hand in hand and he is known for more than just her friend. They make their relationship quite clear to everyone with their PDA. Indeed he went to Plant to accompany Lacus, but he did join the Zaft forces, and a high ranking one that is. But we all known he didn't join them for the armies cause, for his own and help change their way of thinking.
Old 2008-03-15, 16:02   Link #1197
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Unless they're going for the Zeta Movies look, of course...
The creators relied largely on nostalgia to propel the Zeta movies; I can't imagine the creators of the Seed movie doing the same thing.
Old 2008-03-15, 19:26   Link #1198
JediNight
キズランダム

Hero: I think you underestimate how bad Destiny was I was calling it bad without anyone else telling me that, as it's flaws were readily apparent.

The SEED characters had their character development tapped out by the end of SEED. I mean really, where else do you go with Kira after all that? So they basically ignore any sort of development for Kira/Lacus the entirety of Destiny. Athrun and Cagalli regress into some kind of pathetic catharsis for most of the show, and Shinn the new lead character doesn't even develop as a character at all -- he's the same retard in Ep50 he was in Ep1. At least Kamille from Zeta (whom Shinn is based on) grew out of that phase by the middle of the show.

As for a 3rd season: The possibility is obviously there. Stargazer was extremely good for such a short little OVA. I'd be for it as long as Fukuda wasn't director. Either get the Stargazer director or someone else.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 19:33   Link #1199
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Hero: I think you underestimate how bad Destiny was I was calling it bad without anyone else telling me that, as it's flaws were readily apparent.

The SEED characters had their character development tapped out by the end of SEED. I mean really, where else do you go with Kira after all that? So they basically ignore any sort of development for Kira/Lacus the entirety of Destiny. Athrun and Cagalli regress into some kind of pathetic catharsis for most of the show, and Shinn the new lead character doesn't even develop as a character at all -- he's the same retard in Ep50 he was in Ep1. At least Kamille from Zeta (whom Shinn is based on) grew out of that phase by the middle of the show.
Actually Kira *did* grow. When he got Freedom, he became calmer but still was a crybaby at times. In GSD, he became a pillar of strength for the entire AA, and by the time he got SF, he was basically THE centerpiece of the good guy army. And his mindset changed as well:

Strike: I don't wanna fight! (But it's something only I can do)
Freedom: I have to protect the Archangel. (Though I don't like to fight...)
SF: It's my duty to fight for Lacus and Cagalli. (Stand against them and I have no choice but to take you down.)

If Athrun would keep his gundams intact, then he wouldn't be going all introspective all the time. Athrun's state of mind is directly correspondent to his capability to make a difference in his big red gundam.
Cagalli: I'm sure you'd start crying if you had all the stress of a national leader when you were 18 as well.
Lacus: Grew from songstress into a goddess. But frankly, she's as excellent a human being as can possibly be wanted. She's got the looks, the songs, the brains, the gentle personality, the magic dust, and just makes everything fit together to make sure she never loses in a contest of might.
Old 2008-03-15, 19:41   Link #1200
hero147

I'm fine with a new director...As long as he doesn't make major changes like break up Kiraxlacus(kira and lacus fan)... adding fresh blood would make the series shine a lot and hopefully create even more potential, or create a disaster....

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep