AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2016-12-16, 12:31   Link #38741
4th Dimension

Swingers BWHAHAHAHAHAHA *falls of the chair* HAHAHAHAHA. Reading this was made better/worse because I was doing it at work during a break so I had to try REALLY hard to prevent myself from bursting out laughing and falling on the floor.

Epilogue of that -
Spoiler for :
HAHAHAHHA *wheeze* hahaha.

That kind of reminded me of a scenario/joke of how Midchilda/TSAB might look in like 100-200 years if the descendants of the protagonists are bit less scrupulous than their sires.

"And in other news the Minister of Interior affairs for the Holy Ruling Family of Sankt Kaiser Takamachi-Harlown, generous Megan Yigami has again reaffirmed the desire and plan to bring the mechanical menace of the Clan Nakajima to justice for their continued mechanical perversion of the human form. We remind our gentle viewers that it has been 150 years since the perfidious attack by the Nakajimas on ...."
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 17:22   Link #38742
Gx Hero
Rambler

speaking of old fics on this thread I have some links to them if anyone wants to go back without going through the whole form

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/anime-suki-fanfiction-links

I recently had an idea. COnsidering the vague details we have about the cradle I thought what if the kaiser survived, or that another descendant of the sankt king was out there.

I realize that probably isn't the case, but still the idea could be a fun one to play with. One example I found of this was a fanfic called a kaiser on modern mid.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx

Last edited by Gx Hero; 2016-12-16 at 17:43.
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-16, 17:54   Link #38743
TwoZeroTwo
A Past-Life Digression

Actually I do want to bring things back to the present for a bit (not trying to discredit you 4th Dimension, a while back I also tried to go through the whole backlog of this thread but it got less and less of my time to where I just dropped it) - I've been away for the last 3 weeks on a trip so I just got back to check on new stories, and I find it interesting that over on fanfiction.net, two stories have started recently with basically the same plot - Lyrical Lion Heart and Journey into the Unknown. Well, admittedly, the plot for both is the basic "another person from Earth discovers they have magic, gets introduced to the magic world" plot but it's kind of an interesting coincidence, especially since some other details within are quite similar. Does anyone know these two authors and know if they're working together? Is this some kinda cine...er...fanficmatic universe being developed? Both are just starting out but again, if not intentional the coincidence is kind of funny.

I don't really have much to say about either story. In both, there are some...weird character interactions that didn't really work and some odd phrasing but that's about all I want to mention and I would/should probably just PM the authors if I wanted to critique something. I'm kind of different in that I never read fanfic to get 'invested' in the plot, I basically read to see what the author does. Like, what situations they make and how they do them - checking the technical stuff and not really pulling emotion from the story. But that's okay, they're not writing for me, they're writing for everyone else.

Though, I almost feel like I should try and write a 'new person also from Earth gets magic powers' type plot, there are a LOT of ways you could subvert how that type of plot normally goes and I haven't really seen much in the way of diversity here (not fully a diss, again, very tried and true formula). I actually have an idea in mind but I'll spare the details until it's something I'd want to do, if ever. Just, if you know how I normally do things you kinda know what I might go for.

Oh, though since I'm back from my trip I'll be posting another chapter of Times of Grace soon if anyone's following that. It'll be on ffnet but I can link if people want.
TwoZeroTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 05:49   Link #38744
4th Dimension

Some nice goodies there Gx Hero. Reminds me of the time back in the day when I was a COLOSAL Wheel of Time fan who lurked on Wotmania forums. They were quite profilic with jokes and humorous takes on the setting. So I collected the best ones and put them in one place. Good thing too since eventually the site went under taking all the threads with it.

@TwoZeroTwo By all means bring the conversation back to current times. What I was posting was mostly for my own sanity.
As to those two fics, I too have not read them so I might be unfair to them, but that kind of story I guess is the default type of fanfic. And it's often basically writer insert in the world they like being the center of attention. Even if it is not a writer insert such stories are probably still simpler to do since the MC is an OC so characterization is easier, and his/hers powers can be whatever you want. Also you can take/interact with as much or as little of the setting as you feel comfortable with.
If on the other hand you do something with the main cast you would need to properly nail their characters and think of their reactions and there is a lot of them etc.
Old 2016-12-17, 15:14   Link #38745
TwoZeroTwo
A Past-Life Digression

Yeah, I guess so, but it's still kinda funny that they're kinda clustered like this.
Old 2016-12-20, 03:26   Link #38746
4th Dimension

Okay, I know I really should not overdo this but this is a gem.

This story does a good hard look into Fate and her mountain of issues that she has as an aftereffect of the abuse she suffered through. In particular the fact that her mother whipped her and never showed her any kindness. Since the show itself never really did go in detail into the issues that might affect her to "this day" this fic does so. And even if the plot skirts into SM territory it is written with the level of level and clearheadedness that even I who is not into it got real interested into the psychological side of it.

All in all a very interesting and adult (not really in sex sense, you are safe there) view of some really touchy subjects that often get ignored and swept under the rug.

Whipped by Kaijo

Now I don't know enough IRL about this toppic to say if the author is right about the things he speaks, but he does write in an good and engaging enough manner that for the purposes of the story I want to believe him.

I'm starting to think this author's real strength is his psychological work with characters and desecting what makes them tick. What is surprising for me is how much I liked this, despite never being much for psychological type of novels. The one book assignment I never finished for example was the Crime and Punishment, mostly because at one point I realized nothing was really going on except angst.
I think what made me want to read more of this is that the plot did not stop simply because we were exploring somebody's mind, so child me could have something to look forward to while adult me liked the thoughtful look into a squicky issue.

Anyway this has wet my appetite and now I want more. Which I'm unsure I'll ever get.

PS. I'm giving the FF link since the last part never got posted here, and the author did not bother to give links to previous sections when posting next parts.
Old 2016-12-20, 22:27   Link #38747
TwoZeroTwo
A Past-Life Digression

^^ Yeah, Kaijo's got some good stuff. I remember the Red Jewel Diaries is also pretty good. I don't remember when that was so maybe you haven't gotten there in your epic trawl. But yeah, Whipped is definitely something different, and I can commend that.

By the way, I really don't know where to put this, but this seems a better topic than the Vivid Strike-specific threads, has anyone heard of a chat app called Amino? My younger sibling told me there's a Nanoha community there with a few people in it and looking for more. It's phone-only, not a computer program like discord or skype, but apparently I need to advertise it and spread the word (you know what you sometimes gotta do for siblings...)

Some people are writing fanfiction over there, so I guess this is a decent enough thread. I can't be in there (kinda busy with a day job) but, y'know, there's some people on it.
Old 2017-01-03, 17:28   Link #38748
4th Dimension

I'm up to April 2010 and it seems that Shiny has been fired from his post of Lord of Humor/crack and has been replaced by Moczo.
Of particular note is his long epic Infinity that even got it's own tvtropes page. It's kind of hard to describe, but the writing is kind of Prachety, it has an ireverence to it even while talking about really serious action. The antagonists strong, REALLY strong, but so far he has managed to skirt them right under the OPness threshold so they don't get on my nerves and break my enjoyment of the action. But considering that I'm on like chapter ~19 out of 40+ I can not guarantee that the quality of the entire work. Still there is aforementioned tvtropes page to get you the brief overview of what to expect.

On the other hand if you want something shorter of his, there is his response to the lament by one of the writers that there are allmost no unexplored Vivio/Lutecia (a popular pairing apparently back then, when Vivid was yet to be translated fully) settings. So he proposed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Do a fic where Lu and Vivio are clowns in rival circuses, yet despite the fact they compete with each other for ticket sales each night, they are slowly drawn together into a forbidden love by their respect for each others' clowning skills.
Now you might think it's ridiculous, that something like that could never really work other than as a short crack. But he did it and it was amazingballs.
No really you should read it. It shouldn't work but he manages to make it work and to make it work in a hilarious way.

Also a quote to whet your appetite:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo as Center Ring View Post
"We should not underestimate that woman. She is a capable ringmaster, and Circus Force Six has prospered under her leadership. They are the only circus in town that has not fallen to our superior acts; what we accomplish through the bleeding edge of Circus-based technology, they achieve through hard work, raw talent, and a great deal of implied lesbianism that never quite gets confirmed or denied." Uno cautioned. "It's a difficult combination to beat. There are hundreds, possibly thousands of people who only buy tickets to their shows so they can see if Nanoha and Fate are finally going to admit they're a couple this week or not."

"Yes, I know... I'll admit to being curious myself, on occasion." Jail said. Then, after a brief pause, he blurted out, "... well, I mean they're together all the time. They adopted a child together, some people say they even sleep in the same bed sometimes! They have to be a couple, right? So why is it they won't just admit it?! I... I suppose... maybe they're just unusually friendly? Is that possible? I don't think they've ever even kissed in public, and they're always open and friendly like that to everyone. Maybe they're just naturally over-affectionate and we've all just filled in the wrong blanks in our minds? Aaaaaargh, I don't even care which is which, I just want an answer, any answer! Wait, maybe it will happen this week! I should go buy a ticket and..."

"Sir!" Uno said harshly. "That's exactly the train of thought they want you to have! Don't fall for it!"

Jail shook his head, as if in a daze. "I... I'm sorry. The subtext briefly overwhelmed me."

"I happens to the best of us, sir."
Old 2017-01-31, 11:06   Link #38749
Gespenst1

Outline for a fic I intend to write:

https://www.docdroid.net/Tl2UikE/mag...notes.odt.html

What do you people think?
Gespenst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 02:35   Link #38750
4th Dimension

Unfortunately I did not read the entire thing but I do have some remarks.

First thing is, considering the heavy political bent of the story in your place I would be real careful that the political background does not copy one of the currently undergoing shitstorms IRL and than paint one side as saints and the other as devils. In general in these kind of civil wars most of the effective sides are partially in it for themselves and are backed by passionate people that thing they are doing a good positive thing.

Another problem that I encountered while reading that outline is that considering the topsy-turvy political situation referring to the sides as government and anti government sides when depending on the moment anti-government side can be government which is confusing as hell. I would recommend naming the sides in some other way. Either based on their beliefs or simply invent party names around which the supporters of the sides gather.

The gadget that caused TSAB casualties. In general I personally tend to not like such flat out negations of powers which you kind of make worse by adding that any mage that uses powers doesn't simply get negated but dies. The world simply does not work that perfectly. Also if something like that is a thing, why it's not getting mass produced by anyone disliking TSAB's ways to attack it? Think setting up that thing in the middle of an administered city. If you wanted to force TSAB to use mass based weapons and inflict casualties on them normal strong AMF fields would have done the same trick. They would have decreased the effectiveness of normal rank and file TSAB troopers to next to nothing which would allow for the locals equipped with mass based weapons to overwhelm them.
You way usually and if you feel the need to cancel one of the core parts of the lore, maybe you should not be writing for this setting?

It's nice to see someone interested in writing fanfiction for the setting, but I think your work as is does have some flaws that are fixable.
Old 2017-02-02, 14:15   Link #38751
Gespenst1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post

First thing is, considering the heavy political bent of the story in your place I would be real careful that the political background does not copy one of the currently undergoing shitstorms IRL and than paint one side as saints and the other as devils. In general in these kind of civil wars most of the effective sides are partially in it for themselves and are backed by passionate people that thing they are doing a good positive thing.

Another problem that I encountered while reading that outline is that considering the topsy-turvy political situation referring to the sides as government and anti government sides when depending on the moment anti-government side can be government which is confusing as hell. I would recommend naming the sides in some other way. Either based on their beliefs or simply invent party names around which the supporters of the sides gather.
I had no present-day conflict in mind. I had the Spanish Civil War in mind. As for the political situation, I've had following so far mapped in my mind:

Quote:

As the Saint King Unification War ended, Orusea, whose monarchy under the House of Granta, was overthrown after a decade-long war across the planet's sole continent due to the war causing problems with the planet's fragile economy.

Despite the establishment of a new government by the people, the planet still hosted wars due to certain territories aiming for secession. In 0071, a demonstration by workers in the port city of Polkast turned into a riot that ended violently as the government used the Orusean military to quell it.

Four years later, the Halds and Kiris regions in Southern Orusea attempt to secede. However, the Orusean military was used again to stop these uprisings, but instead of a repeat of what happened in Polkast, the two regions resist the Orusean military.

Ten years later, the wars in Kiris and Halds had yet to end. The Orusean people had enough. The Orusean government promised elections. The winners of said election were the newly-formed Progressive Party.

Unlike the previous government, who have become the Conservative Party, the Progressive Party allowed the Haldsian and Kirisian secessionists representation in the Parliament, bringing order back across Orusea. They had commissioned attempts to mine resources from the barely inhabitable northern regions. However, the Progressive Party were willing to make deals with the TSAB, which the Orusean people feared due to the TSAB banning mass weapons in their domain.

A year later, Parliament was bombed, killing most of the Progressive Party's leadership. Taking over are the Orusean People's Party, formed by those who organized the demonstration turned riot in Polkast in 0071. They had allowed Halds and Kiris to outright secede and began forming militias to attack offices in Orusea held by the TSAB and the Saint Church.
Quote:

The gadget that caused TSAB casualties. In general I personally tend to not like such flat out negations of powers which you kind of make worse by adding that any mage that uses powers doesn't simply get negated but dies. The world simply does not work that perfectly. Also if something like that is a thing, why it's not getting mass produced by anyone disliking TSAB's ways to attack it? Think setting up that thing in the middle of an administered city. If you wanted to force TSAB to use mass based weapons and inflict casualties on them normal strong AMF fields would have done the same trick. They would have decreased the effectiveness of normal rank and file TSAB troopers to next to nothing which would allow for the locals equipped with mass based weapons to overwhelm them.
You way usually and if you feel the need to cancel one of the core parts of the lore, maybe you should not be writing for this setting?

It's nice to see someone interested in writing fanfiction for the setting, but I think your work as is does have some flaws that are fixable.
As to how Magic Jammers work, I've just fixed it. Standard negation for every other spell type, but only kills a mage if an attack spell is used. Also, I'm trying to figure out how can it help solid munitions like missiles destroy TSAB ships. Anyways, to continue what I have thought off:

Quote:

Due to the presence of the Magic Jammers, which caused a problem for Sailing Force ships to enter Orusea, the TSAB couldn't intervene further.

Eventually, the war was won by the anti-government faction led by remnants of the Progressive Party, calling itself the Reformist Party, and the Conservative Party due to reinforcing their numbers with foreign volunteers from varying origins, including the TSAB's domain.
All of this is backstory BTW. Like I said, I'm writing a supplementary document further explaining all of it.
Old 2017-02-02, 15:30   Link #38752
4th Dimension

You seem to be moving in the direction of disabling/defeating magic via mass based means. I usually have a problem with that considering that TSAB has already won that war during it's inception, and won it hard enough to prove that magic is superior enough to impose outright bans. If the mass based weapons based armies were still capable of stepping up to match TSAB, TSAB would have had to keep them around merely to act as a counter to such normal armies.

Considering that the Orusea has endured instability and war for so long, it's unlikely they had the resources to develop or produce new mass based weapons and certainly not something that could somehow destroy mages that use attack magic. How does it determine what is an attack? How does it counterattack? Can the counterattack be defended against? If it's purely mass/physics based probably dropping it half a dimension away via barrier would block it.

And you don't really need a physical threat kind of reason why TSAB is not getting involved more. They simply might not want to get involved because the majority of the population does not want them there and since Orusea does not do much magic and does not have any Lost Logia in general they are not a threat for the security of the dimensional sea in general. They can be seen backing from afar specific factions, and even sending and training their mages with the objective of showing to Oruseans the superiority of magic based military, but not intervening directly because the population of TSA systems would not like that.

Then again this is your story and you are free to do anything you want with it.

------------------

An update on my archive walk of this thread. I'm up in august of 2010, page 1318.
Of the things that might be interesting to recommend there are two. There are others but they do not stand out as much for me.

First is Material Days - which is a sort of harem parody that features the Materials ("evil" knockof/clones of the Aces) and Yunno as the target of their affection. It's quite funny and interesting. The trouble with it is that the writer tends to use it to complain about things he doesn't like about the setting, like the at that time fanatic legions of Nano/Fate shippers that tend to treat any signs of affection between female characters as a sign that they are romantically involved. Which makes some of the sections/parts a bit painful even to the people such as me who don't care about the entire issue. Still it's quite funny and deals with the Materials which don't get enough time to shine in my opinion and are interesting.

Oh and also the Center Ring, the circus based parody (yes circus, it involves finding the mythical Ultimate Clown... really), is still going strong now with the introduction Shari who is basically insane scientist in this setting. Think Q crossed with a mad scientist.

If humor is not your thing and you think Nanoha's ideals have not beeen challenged enough during the show, there is Future Tense by kaijo whose element definitely seems to be mental trauma. This time he has thrown Nanoha 50 years in future, a grimdark future where her friends desire for peace and security have gone out of control leading to Hayate imposing a totalitarian authorial dictatorial state. Let's see if Nanoha's ideals are able to withstand repeated emotional impacts of her allies dying and her friends attacking her.

If you are not up for humor

Last edited by 4th Dimension; 2017-02-02 at 15:53.
Old 2017-02-03, 10:13   Link #38753
Gespenst1

Quote:
You seem to be moving in the direction of disabling/defeating magic via mass based means. I usually have a problem with that considering that TSAB has already won that war during it's inception, and won it hard enough to prove that magic is superior enough to impose outright bans. If the mass based weapons based armies were still capable of stepping up to match TSAB, TSAB would have had to keep them around merely to act as a counter to such normal armies.

Considering that the Orusea has endured instability and war for so long, it's unlikely they had the resources to develop or produce new mass based weapons and certainly not something that could somehow destroy mages that use attack magic. How does it determine what is an attack? How does it counterattack? Can the counterattack be defended against? If it's purely mass/physics based probably dropping it half a dimension away via barrier would block it.

And you don't really need a physical threat kind of reason why TSAB is not getting involved more. They simply might not want to get involved because the majority of the population does not want them there and since Orusea does not do much magic and does not have any Lost Logia in general they are not a threat for the security of the dimensional sea in general. They can be seen backing from afar specific factions, and even sending and training their mages with the objective of showing to Oruseans the superiority of magic based military, but not intervening directly because the population of TSA systems would not like that.
But wouldn't attacking the branch on Orusea, an idea that I didn't invent given that the TSAB must have an office in Orusea to help war orphans leave Orusea per Runessa's backstory in StrikerS Sound Stage X, be a declaration of war?

Also, the Magic Jammers aren't like the Anti Magilink Fields that came about in StrikerS because the "jamming" is like jamming radar, therefore not allowing mages to use any spell, leaving them easy prey for bullets.

Anyways, enough of that. Another thing about my outline, what do you think of me planning on putting ki in the fic?
Old 2017-02-03, 17:50   Link #38754
4th Dimension

Runessa was not really rescued by TSA, but an Non Government Organization. Consider her an orphan from Africa that some American NGO rescued from some part of Africa in civil war.

As such, while attacks on such NGOs would draw ire of TSAB, as their nationals are being attacked, but the government could always claim these are fringe terrorists and TSAB is likely to suspend the missions to Orusea untill the situation stabilizes. In the end TSAB gains nothing by occupying O, especially since it's allready having trouble keeping what it has.
On the other hand if O ever becomes a danger to the dimensional security, it's getting stomped, and no amount of tech gizmos are going to alleviate the sheer disparity of available resources between TSA and O.

You will still have to explain how this "jamming" works and why the mages can use defensive magics but not offensive ones. IN the case of AMF there was an explanation, AMF was a magical field that prevented linking of the magic, or even dissolved the already linked magic. As such it could be combated via spells that stop fields like barriers.

You seem to be trying to reintroduce mass based weapons at any cost into the setting. I personally do not like the idea, because I find it unrealistic given the superiority of magic, but that is my opinion and one which other might disagree. One work that might interest you that also tried to show a more mass based approach it the fic MSLN Test Dummies which might give you some ideas.

Ki? Why use ki when normal magic allows you to do the same thing. Also while we have seen quite a few styles of magic used by the combatants in the course of the series, nearly all of them were magic powered but belonging to different systems.

Which again brings up the question why set this in Nanoha universe, and what is left remaining once you have eliminated magic, magitech and magical combat? If you want to just use the characters it's pretty fine to transplant them into a different setting while retaining their traits, but don't try to brute force the setting into something you want.

Then again this is my opinion and in case of Nanoha I'm generally pro magic, but others might not agree with me so don't get discouraged.
Old 2017-02-04, 06:53   Link #38755
Gespenst1

Quote:
Runessa was not really rescued by TSA, but an Non Government Organization. Consider her an orphan from Africa that some American NGO rescued from some part of Africa in civil war.
My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Quote:

As such, while attacks on such NGOs would draw ire of TSAB, as their nationals are being attacked, but the government could always claim these are fringe terrorists and TSAB is likely to suspend the missions to Orusea untill the situation stabilizes. In the end TSAB gains nothing by occupying O, especially since it's allready having trouble keeping what it has.

On the other hand if O ever becomes a danger to the dimensional security, it's getting stomped, and no amount of tech gizmos are going to alleviate the sheer disparity of available resources between TSA and O.

You will still have to explain how this "jamming" works and why the mages can use defensive magics but not offensive ones. IN the case of AMF there was an explanation, AMF was a magical field that prevented linking of the magic, or even dissolved the already linked magic. As such it could be combated via spells that stop fields like barriers.

You seem to be trying to reintroduce mass based weapons at any cost into the setting. I personally do not like the idea, because I find it unrealistic given the superiority of magic, but that is my opinion and one which other might disagree. One work that might interest you that also tried to show a more mass based approach it the fic MSLN Test Dummies which might give you some ideas.

Three points to make:

1. I've decided to make the Magic Jammers mass-produced versions of a Lost Logia that the Orusean government acquired from a mysterious source. That will be explained in the story proper.

2. As to how Magic Jammers cause problems with magic usage, basically if a Magic Jammer is on, a mage will feel pain at his or her Linker Core. Unlike AMFs, there's no way to counter a Magic Jammer being activated unless you destroy a Magic Jammer.

3. I've give that fic a read.

Quote:
Ki? Why use ki when normal magic allows you to do the same thing. Also while we have seen quite a few styles of magic used by the combatants in the course of the series, nearly all of them were magic powered but belonging to different systems.

Which again brings up the question why set this in Nanoha universe, and what is left remaining once you have eliminated magic, magitech and magical combat? If you want to just use the characters it's pretty fine to transplant them into a different setting while retaining their traits, but don't try to brute force the setting into something you want.
Three more points to make:

1. Like I said, all that fluff about the Second Orusean Civil War is the backstory. For the fic as a whole, it's basically Nanoha with Fist of the North Star-esque elements, where there are martial arts that, instead of mana, utilize ki and if concentrated hard enough, gory deaths ensue.

2. As to how ki and mana will be differentiated, ki requires more concentration and unlike mana, cannot be utilized the same way we get magitech. Think of ki as vegetables, wherein mana is basically junk food.

3. As for the fic as a whole, I've always wanted to do a Nanoha fic with Fist of the North Star-esque elements, hence the Orusea setting.

Quote:
Then again this is my opinion and in case of Nanoha I'm generally pro magic, but others might not agree with me so don't get discouraged.
I won't. I thank you for taking the time to discuss this.
Old 2017-02-04, 15:57   Link #38756
4th Dimension

Since we seem to be spinning in circle on magic jammer issue, I'll just say that I don't like unblock able tech because there is NOTHING that can not be circumvented.

If you want something like Fist of North star, why not simply take the characters from Nanoha, their personalities and personal relations and transplant them into the setting which you like. Such things have been done before and are fun too. Also it doesn't tie the entire lore into a pretzel in order to get it the way you want it.

Just in what way is mana easier to use? Sure devices can help with computing the necessary math, but you still need to be pretty good at it to understand how magic works. Hell in As manga they remark that Fate (at that point a 10 year old) is giving classes to Suzuka's college going sister because she had to learn the math to use her magic properly.
Old 2017-02-25, 20:06   Link #38757
Vice Granscenic

About Future Tense by kaijo.
Mostly interested, but not all.
Time skip 50 years is ok, but longer life is doubt.
Why main characters slightly changed, but others are growing normally? It's as if time has stopped for them.
Also Fate Slip stream mode(kind of bdsm outfit) terrible.
Oh!not forget Fate re-juvenescence. It's crazy.
Fate S. Harlaown (S-Scraya) - pure horror.
In each fic kaijo, he(she?) by force shipping Nanoha-Yuno-Fate, and Vivio is always call Yuno "Yuno-papa". It's boring to be honest.
Vice Granscenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 19:31   Link #38758
4th Dimension

Extending the lifespans is hardly unrealistic considering that they are living in a high tech society and they DO have access to magic that can basically break the laws of physics at times.
The fact that people live just as long as on Earth and age as quickly is more unrealisticunexpected. They seemed to have planned initially for the mages to have extended lifespans, back in the first season since Chrono mentions that Fate could be facing couple of HUNDREDS of years of a prison sentence.

Quote:
Why main characters slightly changed, but others are growing normally? It's as if time has stopped for them.
Do you mean to ask why is the main cast still young while some ofthr characters are aging normally. I think the writer does mention that Hayate has been offering acess to bleeding edge anti aging treatments to her inner circle, probably out of fear that she might loose the little amount of people dear to her that she had remaining.

Eh, Fate has always been skimpily dressed, although I did not get the BDSM vibe that you got. From what I remember it's "fabric" covers her almost completely so I can now understand that that description might remind you of gimp suits. Again I never got that vibe myself.

I personally don't have a problem with Yunno/Nanoha or even Yunno/Fate shipping. Yeah it's not really supported by the lore, but in my opinion he seems to make them work. And it's a breath of fresh air in a franchise where 99% of shipping is Yuri, it can get dull.
Then again I'm one of the wierd ones that don't watch the show because of NanoFate. but because I like the world, the plots and the action, and also I always have considered those two to be really close friends since the show never actually contradicted me. Well that is before ViVid. I still don't think we ever got actual in show confirmation even though I would agree that the romantic relationship between those two is really likely.

BTW, I'm now about somewhere on ~1400 page. The Future Tense is still going, and I'm following it as it's getting posted in the thread, but the amount of writing that is being outputted by the fans is noticeably dropping. Where once there would have been loads of things posted during one day, multiple pages of content, now it's one page per day.

While I continue liking the Future Tense, the biggest problem is that as I said I'm reading as I'm reading the thread and that makes things hard on me because I want to talk about chapters I read but I really can not comment on posts made 6 years ago about a fic that has long since ended.

As for the fics that I'm kind of loosing interest, Material Days. It started as a sort of fun parody/comedy, HIGH adventure, with the Materials as center stars which would have been fun. The fact that the girls might grow a soft spot for Yunno would be an added benefit since it would produce many funny scenes where other characters express their incredulity.
The problem is that it's kind of ditching the high adventure concept with the Materials actually going around and MURDERING people. It's one thing if they are beating opposing mages and causing property damage, but once you start killing people even though you don't need to that is bad. Also while the fic has allways been a bit of a place where the writer could whine about the things he didn't like about the show, it's kind of been getting out of hand especially where Rai/Levi is concerned who is breaking the 4th wall constantly.
Old 2017-02-28, 09:44   Link #38759
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Removed discussion that has been discussed to death. Please don't repeat it.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 20:02   Link #38760
Gx Hero
Rambler

very well then let's steer this to other topics.

I have had this idea floating around in my head. what if yunno was an ordinary boy, and chrono trying to collect some lost logia's or another became a ferret and ended up getting yunno to help him.

THis is just idea, not sure if I want to flesh out the idea and make it a story. I think it could get a little funny with how chrono might act as a ferret, and how he would interacts with yunno.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha