Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 01:44   Link #421
rurupeceaue
2D-Girls Banzai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Spoiler for Dey see me Flamin:
And by serious fans that would mean the HD-lovers and the economic-wise ones!

...it's hard to do something when you don't have time because of work - missing my NEET days
rurupeceaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 10:04   Link #422
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i will so hate this anime if they make erza a bit to dumb looknig or they dumb her down
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 20:46   Link #423
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
One word for ep2: fun.

Another word: totally nuts. I guess that's two words.

Oh, well, here are a few more. As musume_no_hoshi says, Hirano Aya really isn't a trained seiyuu, and does stand out from the other voices. Personally, I use "stand out" in both meanings -- different and excellent -- but I can easily understand how people might not like her sound.

However, to me "proper professional seiyuu voice" sounds ironic. Many Japanese otaku seem to think that there is a proper way to sound and woe betide a seiyuu who has any originality. Personally, I think Hirano has lots of talent as a seiyuu -- as opposed to a by-the-numbers trained professional seiyuu sound. But she herself seems to be emphasizing her idol activities recently, at least up until this fall. Her "Hirano Aya Only" TV show is deliciously, awkwardly entertaining.

Hirano puts something special into most of her roles, as far as I am concerned. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, but at least it's different from the norm. Her voice is not what I call "natural," but it has a sharp, sinuous energy that I find unique (and others find "annoying," lol).

Here, I myself am not sold on this voice. Time will tell. But at least I'm finding that she can do absolutely nutso pretty well. Not something I recall her getting into before, although I didn't watch more than a few eps of Zettai Karen Children, so maybe she did there.

But I don't know how people hear Layla in this voice, at least any more than Haruhi. I'll have to go back and listen to Layla again. In fact, Hirano's soft, emotional Layla voice is the one I like best. That's a fourth voice that musume_no_hoshi didn't mention. And the gentle, weak voice m_n_h called "moe" has put me off before (in AkaSaka, for example), but seems to me to be working brilliantly in this season of White Album. A dart to the heart, for me.

I myself am only just learning to appreciate Kugimiya Rie. She's the one that sounds the same most of the time to me, just raising or lowering the register and the character's attitude, but almost always with that same charming, slightly whiny intonation. I loved the version of it she used as Taiga.
Is obvious that you haven't her vast vocal range, her Louise, Taiga, Shana (Loli Tsunderes) sound the same, but her Murumo in Mirmo, Shannon in Umineko, Alphonse in Full Metal, Karin Kuroazaki and Nemu in Bleach, Taiki in the Twelve Kingdoms, Happy (Fairy Tail) and I may even add Melona from Queen's Blade (not sure about this last one haven't really hear her much because of the anime) all those are very different voices, VERY different than her famous loli voices.

Rie Kugimiya more than a loli tsurundere

Aya hirano has a very "unique" voice, I like seiyuus with unique voices but she doesn't have a very good range and her voice sometimes does not sound...well...pleasent to my ears, yes she has a strong voice but any seiyuu with a "peculiar" voice has a strong voice like Yuriko Fuchizaki. Aya is the one that just raises or lowers the register of her voice but not completely change it (except Konata) I have heard her Chiko and is her voice trying to talk gentle, but still sounds like her voice, is the same with her character in white album she just tries to speak different but is still her voice, you can tell right away (Imagine Haruhi speaking gentle and caring)
Mauru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 06:08   Link #424
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

RE- Ep. 3

wow, that was rather impressive for this show thus far.

Keep it up FT! I am liking the humor a ton as well, and Natsu is starting to grow on me more as an individual character, instead of a Luffy look-alike.

He's a lot smarter and more of a smart ass anyways :P
Old 2009-10-26, 07:17   Link #425
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauru View Post
Is obvious that you haven't her vast vocal range, her Louise, Taiga, Shana (Loli Tsunderes) sound the same, but her Murumo in Mirmo, Shannon in Umineko, Alphonse in Full Metal, Karin Kuroazaki and Nemu in Bleach, Taiki in the Twelve Kingdoms, Happy (Fairy Tail) and I may even add Melona from Queen's Blade (not sure about this last one haven't really hear her much because of the anime) all those are very different voices, VERY different than her famous loli voices.

Rie Kugimiya more than a loli tsurundere
How the hell can you say Rie Kugimiya has a vast range? The only time you should even say that is when characters sound nothing alike. If you couldn't tell Melona, Shannon and Happy was Rie than lol.

If you want an example of vast range look at Sayaka Ohara who will be voicing Erza, her Alicia in Aria and Beatrice in Umineko are nothing alike and are completely different. Rie Kugimiya is definitely more than a loli tsundere (though if nearly every main role she accepts is one of them than it's her own fault for getting stereotyped) but there's so many more seyuuis out there who make her "range" look like a joke in comparison.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 07:32   Link #426
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Aye!
Spoiler for Episode 03:
Old 2009-10-26, 12:27   Link #427
the_firefly

I am loving this adaption quite a bit. A1 and Satelite really seem to be keeping a good balance with the humor.

I especially love the seiyuu work here. I am quite happey to see that they're letting Mariya Ise and Eri Kitamura voice a few background characters along with their main roles. Of course since I've loved these two for a long time, I may just be biased,

Spoiler for Episode 3 character, though her name won't be revealed until next week:

I can't wait to see who they cast next!
the_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 12:36   Link #428
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_firefly View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3 character, though her name won't be revealed until next week:
It's a very fitting choice, i might add.
Old 2009-10-26, 16:17   Link #429
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Actually they went ahead and revealed the name, Cooking bro #1 said it when calling Natsu a flame wiz...though it was pretty spoilerish imo.
Quote:
How the hell can you say Rie Kugimiya has a vast range? The only time you should even say that is when characters sound nothing alike.
Take Alphonse, Nemu(!) and Happy, there's no way you can guess the last two...at least I can't relate.
Spoiler for ep3:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 18:06   Link #430
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep 3:
Old 2009-10-26, 18:47   Link #431
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Am I enjoying this? Aye (de Gozaru)! I'm enjoying Kugimya Rie, which is rare for me. I enjoyed the hideous maids and the perv with the mustache growing directly from his nostrils, and the Super Mario reference, and "That's not something a cat can judge". There's definitely more to this than meets the eye.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 19:10   Link #432
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I wonder why that guy likes the /ugly/ maids. Looking forward to the next ep.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 19:40   Link #433
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Sorry, but im going to have to say that although i LOVE kugimiya rie, i have to agree that she does NOT have that much of a difference between her voices (BASED OFF ONLY ON THE ANIMES I HAVE SEEN, SO I MUST SAY THIS IS SOMEWHAT BIASED).

For those of you who brought up alphonse and Happy. 1) Alphonse voice was made with a damn can over her mouth. I'm sure anyone's voice would get changed with that.

2) Happy's voice was pretty easy to tell that it was voiced by kugirie. Really reminds me of a slower dumbed-down version of Taiga.

Don't get me wrong, i loveee kugimiya rie. I think she's adorable. But to be honest, i feel like every time i've heard her voice, i've been able to tell right off the bat that it's kugirie.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 22:43   Link #434
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

3 eps in and still totally loving it!

This ep has thrown any little doubts I had about the VAs out the window, I'm just gonna forget about all that and just enjoy it

It keeps with the manga well enough so all good here(b^_^)b
Old 2009-10-26, 22:58   Link #435
blewin

Another crazy episode! I like Natsu's playful attitude.

Spoiler for Ep 3:

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 23:01   Link #436
RECyberGurl

I'm likin it so far. I think this and Needless are the 2 best animes this year so far.
RECyberGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 23:23   Link #437
CoolKidsClub

eps 3 was pretty good...i liked the ending and how it was different from the manga
CoolKidsClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 23:54   Link #438
Mauru

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Sorry, but im going to have to say that although i LOVE kugimiya rie, i have to agree that she does NOT have that much of a difference between her voices (BASED OFF ONLY ON THE ANIMES I HAVE SEEN, SO I MUST SAY THIS IS SOMEWHAT BIASED).

For those of you who brought up alphonse and Happy. 1) Alphonse voice was made with a damn can over her mouth. I'm sure anyone's voice would get changed with that.

2) Happy's voice was pretty easy to tell that it was voiced by kugirie. Really reminds me of a slower dumbed-down version of Taiga.

Don't get me wrong, i loveee kugimiya rie. I think she's adorable. But to be honest, i feel like every time i've heard her voice, i've been able to tell right off the bat that it's kugirie.
Rie Kugimiya can voice little boys, I know Al sounds like a can because the character is inside the armor but hear Taiki and is a clear boy voice.

As I say, hear rie as Murumo in Mirmo, Taiki in the twelve kingdoms, Nemu in Bleach, Shannon and see the great difference.

Here is a video to back it up:

(Is the first video)

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...8&sa=N&tab=wv#

(WARNING you will see the REAL RIE KUGIMIYA)

In the first 5 minutes they show Shana (loli voice) Murumo, and Taiki.

Here in this second video you have to skip to Rie roles (5:53):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyIpm-HD5nU

They show AL (full metal) Karin kurozaki and Nemu from bleach

Last edited by Mauru; 2009-10-27 at 00:08.
Mauru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 00:18   Link #439
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Episode 3 was good. I thought it stopped at 05:05 and had to close it to play it again and noticed it was part of the episode -.-, less comedy more action would have been better though. I'm getting used to the VAs now, especially Happy - he's one sarcastic bastard just like in the manga

Quote:
Here is a video to back it up:

(Is the first video)

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...8&sa=N&tab=wv#

(WARNING you will see the REAL RIE KUGIMIYA)
Awesome, she's really skilled. I really like her voice but I thought she was younger.
Old 2009-10-27, 02:20   Link #440
Who

Haha, maybe it's just me but when I heard the book's title, Daybreak, I immediately felt like burning it as well, cause it sounds like a Twilight book.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen