AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-30, 16:19   Link #3501
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Why must every female character look like Relena... why...
Old 2011-08-30, 18:33   Link #3502
susyia

It's so hard to find the translations can anyone please send me a link of chapter 5.. 6.. 7... 8.. etc.... i love this series so much i've seraching for along time and nothing .... please somebody with a good heart
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 12:56   Link #3503
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Why must every female character look like Relena... why...
Because clearly, children are always clones of their parents/grandparents/spiritual ancestors :UUU
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 15:46   Link #3504
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Because clearly, children are always clones of their parents/grandparents/spiritual ancestors :UUU
I don't mind this.

Thing is this better damn well apply to Zech's and he needs to have that damn rockin ass beard his father had.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 17:24   Link #3505
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I don't mind this.

Thing is this better damn well apply to Zech's and he needs to have that damn rockin ass beard his father had.
Well, he could just take what he cut off the back and implant it up front, hell the hair's just moving from the back of the head to the front with Zechs, But having Zechs rocking a ZZ Top style length beard and piloting a mobile suit, that's just win.

P.S. cant you see the family relation? Its totally in the beard and the red.

Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 19:11   Link #3506
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
I don't mind this.

It's starting to irk me a little. I love that AC's being expanded and there are elements of the novel I have really liked so far, but what is Sumisawa's fixation with clones?
Old 2011-08-31, 23:13   Link #3507
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
It's starting to irk me a little. I love that AC's being expanded and there are elements of the novel I have really liked so far, but what is Sumisawa's fixation with clones?
I can agreee with everything as a whole.

I think the Relena and her grandparent and twin sister is okay by itself.

The area's that really get me are Trowa P, Duo Jr., and Heero Yuy.

As it stands the time with the Orignal Heero helps tie everything in so it's okay. I do agree that it gets old when it is every damn character.

My biggest one is Heero and Heero when Heero (Pilot) seems to have had his father confirmed so having the two look alike is pointless, evenless so when you have the tie covered with Relena.
Old 2011-09-01, 10:17   Link #3508
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
My biggest one is Heero and Heero when Heero (Pilot) seems to have had his father confirmed so having the two look alike is pointless, evenless so when you have the tie covered with Relena.
Unless they end up having Aoi be the original Heero's daughter or something...
(plz don't, sumisawa.)
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 12:24   Link #3509
Mareike

Quote:
I can agreee with everything as a whole.

I think the Relena and her grandparent and twin sister is okay by itself.

The area's that really get me are Trowa P, Duo Jr., and Heero Yuy.

As it stands the time with the Orignal Heero helps tie everything in so it's okay. I do agree that it gets old when it is every damn character.

Add to that how Quatrine, Naina and Milou are gender-bent carbon copies of their parents (or in Quatrine's case, her much older brother).

Quote:
(plz don't, sumisawa.)
:| *sigh*

And as for the ZZ Top beard... No. Just... no. Don't you dare do that to Zechs, Sumisawa. I love my Le Petit Prince properly shaved.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 12:45   Link #3510
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
There's no meowing or anything of the like. Here's the dilly-yo:

Because it was reproduced using the ZERO System, it's said that "Sam" has the ability to empathize with it's partner as it understands uncertain and vague human emotions. (Note: There's something about redrawing the limits again and traditional training games? -- IDKWTF) The reason Katerina is able to sortie and pilot the Wyvern is because of the Wyvern's AI functionality.

^-- If I had to guess, I'm assuming that utlizing the system requires you to "raise" the pet as it were your own... piss it off and watch it fight back at you, etc.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 13:55   Link #3511
Aldaeus

Quote:
(plz don't, sumisawa.)
Well, if he did do something like that, and knowing Sumisawa... It would translate into Heero Yuy (Polictician) being Heero Yuy (Pilot)'s grandfather, that would make Treize his second cousin or something like that seeing that his biological father was Ein Yuy, Also that would mean that Heero's biological father (Odin) shot his father in-law. Resulting in a rather completely dysfunctional family... which in Wing sense kinda fits with the Gundam Pilot's M.O. of being just different.
Old 2011-09-01, 14:40   Link #3512
Verona_Price

Peacecraft family, starting by Dusty Hill of ZZ Top. For in his jamming guitar solos played the heart of a true peace loving man. And in the Kingdom you could hear "Sharped dress man" playing.

Generations later, on the birth of Relena Peacecraft played the song "legs" for her father knew that one day she would walk away.

Not that is actually what the song legs is about but I'm pulling from I love the 80s Part Deux...I think it was one of them.

ZZ Top = Peacecrafts....love it. I fact I almost want to make a family tree with Dusty at the top and moving into the rest of the family.

Everyone lets take in the fact that even tho the story is bat sh*t crazy we're getting some nice art right? lol

Last edited by Verona_Price; 2011-09-01 at 14:41. Reason: ZZ top
Verona_Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 03:03   Link #3513
Doroseto

Spoiler for The mystery behind "where's wufei? OTL":

Last edited by Doroseto; 2011-09-03 at 03:23.
Doroseto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 08:22   Link #3514
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verona_Price
Everyone lets take in the fact that even tho the story is bat sh*t crazy we're getting some nice art right? lol
Well... yes. Haha. At the very least, we're getting some nice art even though everyone that's been drawn so far are clones of the original cast. ;A; (Asagi! Sumizawa! Whyyyyyy?!!) Hopefully we'll get to a point where we'll see how everyone looks like during the "current" timeline and not just parts of their bodies. (O hai, Duo's shoulder/arm/elbow/hand!)

Totally unrelated to the previous posts but...

I hope after the Peacecrafts, we get a nice look into the Noinheims. XD I just love Noin so much (as if that isn't obvious yet) and since her family's pretty much involved with all that's going on, surely Sumizawa wouldn't forget to include them? Also, some more love for Noin would be greatly appreciated. :3 (I could picture her as that little rich girl who ran away from home... I've always figured she was well-off/nobility given her name, so at least part of that was confirmed with her family's corporation. XD)

P.S. Doroseto - followed you, btw. :3

Last edited by Mareike; 2011-09-05 at 08:42.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 13:34   Link #3515
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

oh my.... v_v''
I can't honestly say that I'm not disappointed by this novel on almost every level anymore...

Now, I don't want to be negative, but does this even have anything to do with GW anymore? Honestly?
Now we're introducing what no doubt, had this not been officially published, would have been dubbed Mary Sue ancestors of the Peacecrafts, with absolutely obscure Mobile Suits.
That's right.
Pacifistic Peacecrafts before the destruction of Cinq with Mobile Suits.
Sure.
Makes sense.

Sorry, but it sounds like something Sumizawa saw on Code Geass and hence thought would be cool, so he wrote it.
Unfortunately it made sense for the Brittania family, but none for the olde Peacecrafts... or am I misunderstanding?

But the illustrations are always nice........

Does anyone know how this novel is being received in Japan?
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 15:43   Link #3516
FalsePrime

Honestly I hope it's doing well, at least until we get to see the Snow White, Warlock and Tallgeese Heaven.

The Wing crew despertally need something new for SRW.
Old 2011-09-06, 15:49   Link #3517
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

So basically we have less than 1 volume worth of MARS PLOT and 4 volumes of BACKSTORY!! Hooray.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-09-06, 16:23   Link #3518
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
So basically we have less than 1 volume worth of MARS PLOT and 4 volumes of BACKSTORY!! Hooray.
I think that they're trying to catch up for lost ground... They cut some episodes from the original planned out series, because of budget problems. Originally we would have seen Episode Zero in the series proper, if not more...

I can understand the Relena look alike twins for grandmother and great aunt... but some things better start getting explained very fast as to why we have the Trowa look alike that has no relation to Trowa (Triton). Also I'll blame some of the character designs on the artists... Seeing names like Trowa, Heero, Duo when there are two of them...

I'll sum this up... Sumizawa, get back to Mars before I take a baseball bat upside your head... Plz thanks, P.S. Get the Gundams out of Jedi mode and let us see some giant robot overkill!
Old 2011-09-07, 16:33   Link #3519
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

So the latest chapter for "The Glory of Losers"

Chapter.12 "Pleiades Banquet -- Act I"

Page.008

-- Master Treize, I've named this operation "Operation Pleiades."
-- As in Taurus the Bull?
-- Yes. The stationing of the Alliance Forces principle base also coincides with the Pleiades star cluster.
-- I've also leaked a dummy "Operation Daybreak" to the colony side

- Flashback to Trowa's Operation Meteor, the killing of the real Trowa Barton.
- Field Marshall Noventa saying goodbye to Sylvia, saying they'll visit Marseille once his job is over.

Kind of a useless chapter :/

Old 2011-09-07, 17:24   Link #3520
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
So the latest chapter for "The Glory of Losers"

Chapter.12 "Pleiades Banquet -- Act I"

Page.008

-- Master Treize, I've named this operation "Operation Pleiades."
-- As in Taurus the Bull?
-- Yes. The stationing of the Alliance Forces principle base also coincides with the Pleiades star cluster.
-- I've also leaked a dummy "Operation Daybreak" to the colony side

- Flashback to Trowa's Operation Meteor, the killing of the real Trowa Barton.
- Field Marshall Noventa saying goodbye to Sylvia, saying they'll visit Marseille once his job is over.

Kind of a useless chapter :/
At least we'll get a few new scenes...

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing