AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-20, 18:07   Link #1621
maximilianjenus
[E]

I interpreted that as a warning to avoid killing the person inside the mech, as akb0048 member can't kill people.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 18:11   Link #1622
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I interpreted that as a warning to avoid killing the person inside the mech, as akb0048 member can't kill people.
I think it's both. Manned mechs are more dangerous, and being unable to use lethal force against them makes them even more so.
Old 2012-06-20, 18:34   Link #1623
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Basically these are DES elite suits. They rely on elite pilots who rather go in and take on the Wota and Idols personally then rely on AI suits to do their dirty work. That is why Tsubasa was so concerned, a DES ace can take on an idol a lot better than the unmanned units can.
Reminds me of this mysterious enemy ace fighter from Space: Above and Beyond:

In this show, the main characters wondered if it was really piloted by a human or a smart alien foe who seems to know much English as much as they do.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-06-20 at 21:18.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 19:46   Link #1624
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
or maybe handicap AKB from fighting DES since AKB wouldn't be fighting at full power because the girls don't want to kill anyone.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 22:46   Link #1625
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
or maybe handicap AKB from fighting DES since AKB wouldn't be fighting at full power because the girls don't want to kill anyone.
Either way I will laugh if they decide to make fun of the Aniota being a Pro DGTO organization. Acting as counterinsurgency unit who is almost as ridiculous they are.

My idea for the Aniota acronym: "Advance Neutralization Interceptor Overwatch Tactics Association". The AniOta comes from retired military units in the DGTO and DES washouts as well as anti Idol groups who have long deep seated hatred of the idols since the 22nd Century. They are loyal collaborators with the DGTO and is usually sent first to root out WOTA resistance cells.
Old 2012-06-21, 05:46   Link #1626
Kazu-kun

Episode 9 preview:

Spoiler for preview:
Old 2012-06-21, 08:58   Link #1627
mechdra

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Episode 9 preview:

Spoiler for preview:
Translation please. Thanks
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 09:37   Link #1628
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler for Preview:
Old 2012-06-21, 10:18   Link #1629
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well Kawamori and Hiraike are both storyboarding the next episode themselves so I'm expecting major stuff to go down.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:24   Link #1630
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Pretty much epic battles galore and heart stopping action.

Also, now the Senbatsu version of the elections are out and Mayuyu is pretty much leading both sides of the votes.

Damn she is carrying the series.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:48   Link #1631
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Spoiler for Preview:
Come on, Takamina, get a hold of yourself. You can make this work.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 11:25   Link #1632
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Spoiler for Preview:
Spoiler for Hmmmm...:
Old 2012-06-21, 11:56   Link #1633
mochichan

^
LOL....now that you remind me of that, this series is kinda like a Macross Frontier 2.0 lol.

OMG so looking forward to the trainees in more concert scenes
I'm like the only one that enjoy the colorful CG of the concert scene lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Pretty much epic battles galore and heart stopping action.

Also, now the Senbatsu version of the elections are out and Mayuyu is pretty much leading both sides of the votes.

Damn she is carrying the series.
not surprise. She's the most popular member out of everyone doing the voice acting. :|
Tho I wasn't expecting anime Mayuyu to win out in the senbatsu ver....was hoping for Yuko to slay........................
Old 2012-06-21, 20:32   Link #1634
chaosprophet

Quote:
not surprise. She's the most popular member out of everyone doing the voice acting. :|
Tho I wasn't expecting anime Mayuyu to win out in the senbatsu ver....was hoping for Yuko to slay........................
I would be really surprised if Mayuyu was to win on the successors side. While her character concept is interesting, compared with others successors she is one of the girls with less importance and screen time so far. I would expect a character like Yuuko and Takamina, who were more fleshed out, to win.

If Mayuyu was to win my guess is that from all the popular AKB members fanbases, Mayuyu should be the one with a bigger number of people watching the show because she is the only popular member voice acting someone on it. And those fans would likely vote for the successor counterpart of Mayuyu being such big fans of her.

Although I think it would be sad if Mayuyu happened to win just because of that.
Old 2012-06-21, 20:36   Link #1635
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I would be really surprised if Mayuyu was to win on the successors side. While her character concept is interesting, compared with others successors she is one of the girls with less importance and screen time so far.
I don't think they care about that since Acchan is in second place and she had like 3 seconds of screentime in the whole show.
Old 2012-06-21, 22:08   Link #1636
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As someone who knows NOTHING of J-idol, can someone give me a rundown of what the Senbatsu is? And what does it mean to lead 'both sides of vote'?

I normally look up these things, but english sources are kinda scarce (or my google-fu is terrible )

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 22:12   Link #1637
Raiga
tl;dr

From what I understand, the senbatsu are the annual elections, where fans send in votes for their favorite idol, and the top voted members become the "senbatsu members" and release a special single.

...at least that's what I heard from a friend of mine.
Old 2012-06-21, 22:25   Link #1638
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As someone who knows NOTHING of J-idol, can someone give me a rundown of what the Senbatsu is? And what does it mean to lead 'both sides of vote'?

I normally look up these things, but english sources are kinda scarce (or my google-fu is terrible )
It started with fans asking why some girls are promoted over the others, so the management just let them decide who they want to represent AKB. The higher the ranking, the more promotion the girl would get so it can really make some girl more popular. It's mostly an AKB thing but some other idols started doing it now I think.
It happen once a year, the fans buy a CD and vote for the girls......and there's no limit on how many votes fans can buy so SOME people have lack alot of self control issues when it come to this. It also created alot of reselling because merchants bulk buy thousand of AKB CDs and sell back those tickets to fans so even non fans are getting in on the event.... But AKB fanbase has increased alot. The first election 3 yrs ago, the first place won by 4000 votes, now the first place get around like 130k votes.

It was a small event but this year..it grew into some national sport event being covered by major TV stations like FujiTV, live streamed by Google, and have live commentators and english dubbers for foreign fans. Here's a full event of last year with english sub if you want to watch.

After the election, the ranking members have a senbatsu song. last year kungfu frying ghetto song. You can see the numbers = the members ranking. Higher rankings have more screentime. The single is technically not that special but to fans, it's a single with the line up chosen by them.

------

In the AKB0048 website tho, there's a voting poll for the trainees and the seniors and Mayuyu is wining on both the poll.
Old 2012-06-21, 22:39   Link #1639
Random Wanderer

Quote:
In the AKB0048 website tho, there's a voting poll for the trainees and the seniors and Mayuyu is wining on both the poll.
By that I assume you mean Chieri is winning one, and Mayuyu the other? Chieri deserves to win the trainee poll, but Mayuyu hasn't done much in the series. Admittedly, everything she has done has been either awesome or funny, but she's still lacking in screentime.

Hmm... I suppose it could be Yukari Tamura's fault....
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 22:41   Link #1640
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And what does it mean to lead 'both sides of vote'?
It means that Mayuyu is the most popular characters among the members, and the most popular character among the trainees is Chieri, which is voiced by the real life Mayuyu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
By that I assume you mean Chieri is winning one, and Mayuyu the other?
The poll Chieri won is already closed. She won, so that's that. But now there's a new poll for the actual members, and Mayuyu is winning for now. The final result could be different.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime