AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 08:22   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New info!

Helmeppo is now lieutenant commander, Coby is captain.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:41   Link #82
ragez2010
TamingSari

nice we got post time skip Helmeppo and coby design.

Coby look like Kohza from alabasta arc.
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 15:54   Link #83
marvelB

Nice, we get post-skip CobyMeppo now!

I pretty much expected that Coby would be around captain rank by this time. He may have awakened his haki and was trained by Garp and all, but that still doesn't guarantee that he'll be admiral-level in just two years. BTW, it's apparently been confirmed that he can use all of the Rokushiki skills now.

Speaking of Garp, he's apparently been confirmed to appear, as well. There's no sketch of him, but there was a figure of him that was part of the movie-related merchandise (he still looks the same as he did pre-skip, though). And now that we're on the subject of merch..... I think now's a great time to bring up Volume Z!! Just like how we've had volume 0 when Strong World came out, this book will be given to those who go check out Film Z in the theaters. However, note that it has NOT been confirmed if there will be a manga tie-in chapter yet (like when we had chapter 0). However, there HAS been confirmation of a special anime episode that ties in to the movie that's actually being overseen by Oda himself.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 17:23   Link #84
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Nice, we get post-skip CobyMeppo now!

I pretty much expected that Coby would be around captain rank by this time. He may have awakened his haki and was trained by Garp and all, but that still doesn't guarantee that he'll be admiral-level in just two years. BTW, it's apparently been confirmed that he can use all of the Rokushiki skills now.
Depends on when Coby and Helmeppo will be introduced. If its after Big Mom he can very well be Admiral level. Helmeppo too.

I see Coby as luffys equal and this time he might be stronger. Would be a little twist since he was weaker pre skip.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 18:37   Link #85
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Depends on when Coby and Helmeppo will be introduced. If its after Big Mom he can very well be Admiral level. Helmeppo too.

I see Coby as luffys equal and this time he might be stronger. Would be a little twist since he was weaker pre skip.

If it took Coby 2 years to reach captain rank, how can it be possible for him to suddenly leap straight to admiral level after just a few NW arcs. That makes ZERO sense.

Besides, let's not forget that Smoker is one of Luffy's chief marine rivals, as well. And at VA rank, he's MUCH closer to being admiral level at this point. So why should a rookie like Coby suddenly jump to Luffy's level when there's already a suitable rival for him (whom he's even interacting with in the current manga storyline)? Ya can't have your cake and eat it too, y'know.....
Old 2012-10-30, 18:51   Link #86
Kona
Banned

Quote:
If it took Coby 2 years to reach captain rank, how can it be possible for him to suddenly leap straight to admiral level after just a few NW arcs. That makes ZERO sense.

Besides, let's not forget that Smoker is one of Luffy's chief marine rivals, as well. And at VA rank, he's MUCH closer to being admiral level at this point. So why should a rookie like Coby suddenly jump to Luffy's level when there's already a suitable rival for him (whom he's even interacting with in the current manga storyline)? Ya can't have your cake and eat it too, y'know.....
Rank doesn't = strength in the marines. If Coby is introduced after Big Mom there is no way he is being weaker than Luffy. He is Luffys equal so he will have same strength as him. It just depends when he's being introduced again. If Cobys only purpose is to be introduced at Raftel do you see him being VA level? Story wise depends on a character like him. There are some characters who will automatically be beast because of who they are with but we don't know what Coby has done over the TS.

He very well could be training with Garp or Bogart right now so him being stronger than Luffy isn't farfetched.
Old 2012-10-30, 19:50   Link #87
marvelB

^I can see where this argument will go if I continue this debate, so I'll just leave it at this: Yes, Garp trained Coby. But remember that he ALSO trained Luffy once upon a time (ten years before he became a pirate, to be more specific). And despite all that training, Luffy still got his ass kicked hard before the skip. No matter how much special training Coby might have gotten from a legend like Garp, it by no means guarantees that he'll be Luffy's equal at this time (just as I've constantly argued that Luffy's training from Rayleigh doesn't guarantee that he's equal to the emperors by now). Coby is NOT going to make such a huge power leap in such a short amount of time.
Old 2012-10-30, 19:53   Link #88
Kona
Banned

Quote:
^I can see where this argument will go if I continue this debate, so I'll just leave it at this: Yes, Garp trained Coby. But remember that he ALSO trained Luffy once upon a time (ten years before he became a pirate, to be more specific). And despite all that training, Luffy still got his ass kicked hard before the skip. No matter how much special training Coby might have gotten from a legend like Garp, it by no means guarantees that he'll be Luffy's equal at this time (just as I've constantly argued that Luffy's training from Rayleigh doesn't guarantee that he's equal to the emperors by now). Coby is NOT going to make such a huge power leap in such a short amount of time.
You're being a non believer. If Luffy continued training with Rayleigh instead of going to FI Island he would be stronger.

He awakened COO pre skip. It does depend on when he's being introduced why are you not accepting that? So Coby being introduced near Raftel won't be Admiral?

To say he won't make a huge leap is speculating. I'll bring this up again next time we see him. A lot of non doubters in Coby.. I beleive in him though..
Old 2012-11-01, 13:34   Link #89
marvelB

Posted some of these in the SBS thread, but in here's some of the Film Z artwork featured in the latest volume, which also features post-skip Sengoku (now a General Inspector) and Pacifista model PX-Z, White Kuma:

Spoiler:

Gotta say that I am digging Sengoku's white 'fro there.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-11-01 at 16:37.
Old 2012-11-01, 13:47   Link #90
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Hmmm... I figured Aokiji would have some scars from his battle with Akainu, but it looks like he took alot more serious damage that I figuredfrom that battle. PX-Z I figure we'll really only see in the movie... cause y'know.... Film "Z". Finally, loving Sengoku's newer design with the white fro/beard combo. I didn't really figure that Garp's design would change, hell.... looking at younger Garp, all that really changed was his hair color~
Old 2012-11-01, 16:43   Link #91
marvelB

Okay, so I fixed some of the image links since some of them were broken (they should work for everyone now, hopefully)....

Anyway, yeah, I also think that PX-Z is pretty much a movie-exclusive enemy. Still, I do find it interesting that there's a new model of Kumabot, nonetheless. Though I'm still hoping that we'll see future PX models that are at least based on other pirates aside from Bible Bear....
Old 2012-11-01, 16:44   Link #92
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I don't see post-skip Garp. Other than that, PX-Z's design is pretty neat. And it looks like age has hit Sengoku noticeably over the past 2 years.
Old 2012-11-01, 17:30   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Seeing Sengoku with a full head of gray hair is surprising. Thankfully, he didn't lose any of them. He wouldn't be the same without his fro.
Old 2012-11-02, 04:43   Link #94
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Captain Coby
That is awesome, I wonder if that coat was given by Vice Admiral Garp's (I just hope that is not grim news for Garp). Coby has caught up with Sengoku in height. He finally looks like a young man and not the scared boy. I wonder what kind of attitude he has now? With Garps training Coby's Armor Haki and his Mantra should be strong (I personally thinking he will be a strong VA level fighter, if his rank transfers over to the manga). Helemppo looks like a Pinkerton agent, with looks like that you think he came from CP9.

Cannon or Not
I am seeing right now 14 people from the manga. The Marines will be heavily involved in this movie. I wonder how much of this will be transferred to the manga?

Parties
Right now looking at this you have the Marines, Akoiji, Z's group, and the Straw Hats. Personally I do not see Akoiji fighting with the Marines. I wonder how this fight is going to work? Depending how big Z's group gets and what kind super weapon Z gets there might be a team up of Marines and former Marines.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-11-02 at 05:00.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 11:03   Link #95
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I don't see post-skip Garp.

Yeah, I meant to address this earlier, but crappy internet connections on my end prevented that. Here's those figures I mentioned before that feature Garp among them:

^Like I said, he pretty much looks the same. Though I do wonder what position he holds now that he's retired (maybe he's a General Inspector like Sengoku now?)....
Old 2012-11-03, 14:45   Link #96
Rainbowman

Quote:
Yeah, I meant to address this earlier, but crappy internet connections on my end prevented that. Here's those figures I mentioned before that feature Garp among them:

^Like I said, he pretty much looks the same. Though I do wonder what position he holds now that he's retired (maybe he's a General Inspector like Sengoku now?)....
That last figure covered by that black oval withe the white "H" could either be the PX-Z, Sengoku, or even the post time-skip Akainu. Speaking of the first two, the PX-Z looks like it works for our main antagonist. As for Sengoku, I'm not sure wether it's age or a frightful experience that made his hair from black to white.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 18:43   Link #97
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I want all of them ^^ bring on this movie, one piece movies have always been a welcome sight for me, I love naruto but have never watched the movies same with FMA but I just love everything one piece and this movie looks like its going to be a gem like the others. can't wait.
Old 2012-11-07, 06:44   Link #98
Undertaker

Don't know if anyone seen this yet, I just happen to see a TV SP from 8/25 on the behind the scene making of OP anime.

It shows how the anime was made and also show the new voice-over for the HD remake episodes (Arlong saga)

There is also a short part on Z. IT shows some of the main character's designs in color included 3 costumes for Luffy. As well as some radom brief cuts from movie in which some of the are not yet seen in trailer (I think)

It's not much and the source quality isn't great, but I cut out that segment and upload it.

So check it for what it's worth..

Oh and the guest VA for Ain and Binzu are crazy famous. Ain is none other than Shinohara Ryoko, a former idol who is now one of Japan's top drama actress. and Binzu is Kagawa Teruyuki a famed stage and movie actor who often appears in Taiga drama.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-11-07 at 06:56.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 13:36   Link #99
marvelB

^Hey, thanks for the video clip!

Anyway, I was gonna bring this up in the SBS thread, but it would be much more fitting to talk about it here: As I mentioned earlier, there's going to be a promotional book called "Volume Z" that will be released along with the movie. While we still haven't gotten any confirmation if it will have a special manga chapter yet, it's been revealed that it will contain something known as "The Life of Z", which as you can expect from the title, will explore the past of this movie's villain. But again, I need to stress that this has NOT been confirmed to be a comic. Nonetheless, I still think it will be an interesting read, since it looks like it's something written by Oda (who, BTW, turns out to have contributed some more ideas for the flick, which the book will reveal).....
Old 2012-11-09, 14:49   Link #100
Kona
Banned

If this Volume is gonna be about his Z, I can expect Kong,Sengoku and Garp to have more spotlight about their character. We don't know anything about Kong and how he moved to the Government.