Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-23, 19:21   Link #361
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
y'know with how this episode played out this series is going to get sadder to the point where everyone who watches will be suffering from depression before we get that happy ending, if we get one
This anime has beaten Clannad AS in terms of putting viewers into depression Only 3 episodes and it's depressing already...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 21:18   Link #362
Traece
:cool:

Spoiler for Response to Eduard3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
^while Traece's theory is quite likely, that farmer was actually doing a decent enough job WITH half of his brain gone.

Did he cover up his head in the novel too or is it just anime censorship ?
An interesting thing to note: humans can accomplish quite a lot with only half a brain. In fact, that half can start to pick up functions that the other was responsible for, if I'm recalling my Psychology classes correctly. It's doubtful that any of that really applied here, though.

As far as whether or not he was missing half of his head prior to HH coming, I'm pretty sure he wasn't. HH comments, "Looks like I missed one," when that undead appears. That's what I remember happening, anyhow.
Old 2013-07-23, 21:50   Link #363
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i was reluctant to post but today after watch eh episode(waited for subbs)...

ok i can accept who god realized his desire to die happy and who he not a MC and even who anime rushed the first arc, but c'mon this author is a such big troll, how dare he killed her father so too early even in LN or manga or another source, when finally he realized who she was his daughter he died, and have only one f*************************************** day with her, this was one of the most troll epic evil anticlimax moment who i see in a anime, i was really wished who after he and her find who their are true father and daughter their gonna have some more time together before something bad happen but this, give me a horrible taste in the mounth of how evil is this author, i was really looking to see this series but after this "end"(this for me was like the "last episode", a very bad and evil end), i can't really express how angry i'm now, even if in manga or LN their have more time togheter this dont help much since this time was before them find the truth, if was after ok but before omg...

i really dont know if i gonna keep following this or just wait till the last episode, i really get depressed
-999999 / 10
and not was because was rushed bu because how cruel the author was with this "killing him after he find who he have a daughter and not giving then really a good time to be "together".
Technically he dug his own grave by wishing long time ago there'll be someone grieving for him after he's gone i.e. once that said person appears his immortality is gone (temporarily). It was just his bad luck those psychos inflicted too much damage on his body before it managed to heal itself thus death was inevitable after uniting with Ai. The anime makes his death looks forced by rushing through details but in other sources death comes very naturally.

Spoiler for regard to the wishes:
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 21:57   Link #364
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Ep 3...wtf...that was fast...depressed such a potential, hot character was offed so quickly, so early, and so easily. Dang, that was depressing...

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 23:28   Link #365
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

<jawdrop>

Goddamn, this series packed more punch in three episodes than most others in multiple cours. With the conlcusion of this arc, this is now in the lead for my anime of the season. Hopefully this wasn't a one off deal, as not only it had emotional impact, the show also asks one of the most important questions of existence: what does it REALLY mean to be alive?

And no, I found that it flowed really well, and didn't felt like it was rushed at all. I got practically everything...

1) Ai was raised in a village where all the residents were already dead
2) Hampnie is Ai's dad, who hates the undead more than anything
3) God may still be present in the world, as Hampnie theorizes that in the same way he granted humanity's wish to be 'undying', he was also granted his wish
4) Hampnie said that his true wish is to live like a normal person
5) Having already lived his life like a normal person (falling in love, having a wife), the part of his wish that wasn't fulfilled yet was to die like a normal person...
6) ...which means not only to die, but to die with regret, in that having friends and family mourn for him as he passes on
7) which with him now truly believing that Ai is his daughter, he has finally now have a family to mourn over him (since he has Yuri as his friend)
8) he went against his sense of justice just for a day, in order to spend some time with Ai
9) he willingly let himself be buried in the end

Only one question remains... how did Hana die? Because all of my thoughts are pretty darn gruesome about how the villagers turned on Hana just so they can 'live'...

Also, this is speculation, but I think Hana ran away from Hampnie in order to prevent him from living his 'normal' life by taking away the knowledge that he has a 'family'. This way, Hampnie can continue to 'live' because his wish will be unfulfilled. But it begs the question, was his immortal lonely existence really any better than being a zombie? Because really, he seems as crazy as the ones who kidnapped him. XD

Can't wait for the next arc. Which is kinda weird in that we're shown the blue haired boy who looks kinda the same age as Ai, when no one should be born. Is he also a hybrid?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 23:41   Link #366
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Only one question remains... how did Hana die? Because all of my thoughts are pretty darn gruesome about how the villagers turned on Hana just so they can 'live'...

Also, this is speculation, but I think Hana ran away from Hampnie in order to prevent him from living his 'normal' life by taking away the knowledge that he has a 'family'. This way, Hampnie can continue to 'live' because his wish will be unfulfilled. But it begs the question, was his immortal lonely existence really any better than being a zombie? Because really, he seems as crazy as the ones who kidnapped him. XD
I got a question, where was the picture taken? In the village?

Were Hampnie and Hana visitors to the village?

Who left first? Hampnie or Hana?

If Hampnie left first, then why? Did Hana died and left the girl in the care of the village? Or she just left to find Hampnie? And now Hana is either died or missing....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 23:51   Link #367
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Technically he dug his own grave by wishing long time ago there'll be someone grieving for him after he's gone i.e. once that said person appears his immortality is gone (temporarily). It was just his bad luck those psychos inflicted too much damage on his body before it managed to heal itself thus death was inevitable after uniting with Ai. The anime makes his death looks forced by rushing through details but in other sources death comes very naturally.

Spoiler for regard to the wishes:
like i told my big concern not was because of the rush since i read some chapters of the manga, but was more how cruel was killing him just after he find the truth who indeed Ai is his daughter, their have only one day of happiness this was a very, very devilish turn from the author(is more like just the emotional factor) and even this "only day was with him being a undead omg too much cruel, why the author not could really give at last a true happy day or 2 before killing off, make then can true enjoy the discovery, was a very jerking/troll movie from the author, like i told now i feel very empty from this anime/LN or manga, since now i find who he died and not just because he died, but because how his dead was played, to give her a "motive" to be a "gravedigger"(and their dont have any real chance to enjoy the discovery) omg...

now i have a big feel who this series will turn in a some sort of historical resident evil with a loli killing some sort of "advanced zombies"(with less violence/action but with zombies who try to act like livings) around the world, this killed for me what i get on the 2 firsts episodes on all the first mangas chapters i read, who originally will be her search for the true.

in the start this anime/manga give me the vib who will be about the jorney of both(father and daughter) to find the true in the end if their indeed are related, find about her mother and others things and not this sudden turn.

i really dont know if i can keep following the anime or manga after this, maybe i will give 1 or 2 more episodes, but this episode allmost killed my motivation to continue following this story.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 00:01   Link #368
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Considering that this is supposed to be one-shot LN at first, this sort of ending is to be expected.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 02:20   Link #369
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Damned depressing. Makes the series more interesting though.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 02:26   Link #370
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post

If Hampnie left first, then why? Did Hana died and left the girl in the care of the village? Or she just left to find Hampnie? And now Hana is either died or missing....
Considering the dead old man treated him like a stranger, Hampnie seems to be from other village. And I think Hana was dead for good, they why Ai-chan can inherit the status of gravekeeper.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 02:35   Link #371
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
3) God may still be present in the world, as Hampnie theorizes that in the same way he granted humanity's wish to be 'undying', he was also granted his wish
God is sort of trolling though. There's immortals, which is the better version of undeads. But people in general are only given the 2nd-rated product (undead), while only a few were granted immortality. If God was really granting wishes, why not give them true immortality(like HH) in the 1st place

Maybe the God in there is the Holy Grail...

Last edited by maplehurry; 2013-07-24 at 02:57.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 03:39   Link #372
eduard3

Spoiler for Reply to Traece:

I haven't read any of the posts since I last posted but, was it ever mentioned if ALL gravekeepers are like Scar?Or is she just what he considers the "ideal" Grave keeper. I found it weird after the reveal that Hampnie IS the father(He fell in love with Ai's mother who was described to be nothing like Scar) since he recently mentioned gravekeepers are supposed to be like Scar and found it an absolute joke for someone like Ai with her attitude to be a grave keeper. Then again he had a lot of other reasons to suspect Ai (Parents, age, etc)

Quote:
God is sort of trolling though. There's immortals, which is the better version of undeads. But people in general are only given the 2nd-rated product (undead), while only a few were granted immortality. If God was really granting wishes, why not give them true immortality(like HH) in the 1st place

Maybe the God in there is the Holy Grail...
I assumed that it just went like this. (Using "souls") (Probably wrong tho, just a guess)
Original way = People live with their souls "locked" in their body. When they "die" the body's "lock" to the soul is gone allowing God to collect/remove the soul.
After Abandonment = There was no-one to "collect" or remove the soul.
But then that gives the questions.....Where do the souls go after being buried by Grave keepers? and why does Hampnie's body "heal" making him effectively immortal up until ep 3.
eduard3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 10:35   Link #373
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduard3 View Post
[spoiler=Reply to Traece]I haven't read any of the posts since I last posted but, was it ever mentioned if ALL gravekeepers are like Scar?Or is she just what he considers the "ideal" Grave keeper. I found it weird after the reveal that Hampnie IS the father(He fell in love with Ai's mother who was described to be nothing like Scar) since he recently mentioned gravekeepers are supposed to be like Scar and found it an absolute joke for someone like Ai with her attitude to be a grave keeper. Then again he had a lot of other reasons to suspect Ai (Parents, age, etc)
I don't think Kizuna ever stated that he knew Hana/Alfa was a gravekeeper. She could have become one/awakened to her powers long after they were separated.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 10:36   Link #374
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
I assume another village. Otherwise HH would've found Hana really easily

Quote:
Hana mentioned it was her hometown. Believe HH and Hana met outside of it, as the villagers don't know HH.

Quote:
Hana left HH without even telling him she was with child.

Quote:
Did Hana died and left the girl in the care of the village? Or she just left to find Hampnie? And now Hana is either died or missing....
Hana died during her stay in her hometown. Remember the grave in episode 1 that Ai was digging? Yeah, that's Hana's grave.

Quote:
If God was really granting wishes, why not give them true immortality(like HH) i1n the 1st place
I'm guessing that someone made the stupid mistake of making the wish that everyone should be 'undying'. Sure it was probably done with the best interest of humanity in mind, but wishes has a tendency to be twisted.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 10:53   Link #375
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

That ED was superbly timed this ep...
Old 2013-07-24, 11:13   Link #376
justpassingby

I'm looking forward to how the ED would be inserted for the remaining episodes .

Oh, and Mikako-shi reconfirmed that it is "Sweet Love in Love World" in her radio program Tuesday morning [29:56 mark].
Although the Japanese fans are still with their "Sumeragi Wan" . Reminds me when they were hearing "Chun-Li" in Geshi no Kajitsu.

Mikako-shi on Monday was cute with her stuttering "Owaranyai"
Old 2013-07-24, 11:19   Link #377
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
I'm looking forward to how the ED would be inserted for the remaining episodes .

Oh, and Mikako-shi reconfirmed that it was supposed to be "Sweet Love in Love World" in her radio program Tuesday morning [29:56 mark].
Although the Japanese fans are still with their "Sumeragi Wan" . Reminds me when they were hearing "Chun-Li" in Geshi no Kajitsu.

Mikako-shi on Monday was cute with her stuttering "Owaranyai"
Wait...

Really? 'Sweet Love in Love World' is the official lyric? I guess you can kind of hear it. Actually, that explains a lot, because I kept thinking she was pronouncing 'lover' as 'lower' and that it sounded strange. It's nice to know that she's pronouncing things mostly correct, but now the song just became a bit weirder. Love world...

At any rate, this has very quickly become one of my favorite endings. It's a really well-done song, and her singing in it is fantastic. It's really a great piece for this anime, too. I may have to keep an eye on her singing career.
Old 2013-07-24, 14:40   Link #378
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
This anime has beaten Clannad AS in terms of putting viewers into depression Only 3 episodes and it's depressing already...
Spoiler for minor clannad spoiler:
Old 2013-07-24, 17:26   Link #379
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

God really does troll in this anime.

Quote:
I don't want to die.

Alright, you can live forever as a dead corpse that still thinks.

I don't like all these zombies!

Alright, I'll send gravekeepers to clean them up.
This series just keeps bringing depression. But, from episode 2 I noticed they cropped out a fair bit of information that Julie gives to Hampnire. That made Ai more believable as a gravekeeper then we originally think.
Old 2013-07-25, 05:15   Link #380
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

It was just me or something. I don't feel any sad or anything with regarding to Hampnie's death. He's just a toy who enjoyed killing when he was alive. For character wise the guy who lost his wife and kid is more interesting and more human-alike. I like the character who has flaws as a human being instead of being so powerful.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy