AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-04, 05:28   Link #781
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I don't think the duel is important enough or long enough to name an episode after. If they're going to include it at all, I'd expect it to be snuck into this episode somewhere, actually.
I cant say I wouldn't love to see it. the Duel I mean.
But it is more likely to be about you said about Kirito partying with Asuna.
But wouldn't that name be better used for the episode when they battle the monster and Kirito pulls out his second sword .
Old 2012-08-04, 05:31   Link #782
Clarste
Human

Well, the image of Kirito's black sword crossed with Asuna's white sword is already used in the OP, so I think it makes sense. It could definitely refer to the Dual Blade reveal, but I guess it depends on how much time they can cover in one episode.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 06:47   Link #783
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, the image of Kirito's black sword crossed with Asuna's white sword is already used in the OP, so I think it makes sense. It could definitely refer to the Dual Blade reveal, but I guess it depends on how much time they can cover in one episode.
Honestly, so much time can't be covered in one episode As the bossfight is in Chapter 11 and till now we have only Chapter 2+3 covered by the first episode; so it most likely only refers to the partying of Asuna and Kirito
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 08:34   Link #784
Awrya
U mad?

Shouldn't the duel be before A Murder? Just reread some parts and Kirito mentioned the 1v1 duel between them.
My guess is they start with the rabbit raggout meat, basically following the LN, with Kirito beating Cradil and they start partying.
Old 2012-08-04, 09:43   Link #785
Utsuro no Hako

Well the PV for episode 5 shows Kirito and Asuna arguing in front of the clearing group, so there's a very good chance the duel will be in the ep. They'll probably use it to show what the victor message looks like instead of having Kirito and Asuna stand around explaining to each other why Kains couldn't've died in a duel.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 10:00   Link #786
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Well the PV for episode 5 shows Kirito and Asuna arguing in front of the clearing group, so there's a very good chance the duel will be in the ep. They'll probably use it to show what the victor message looks like instead of having Kirito and Asuna stand around explaining to each other why Kains couldn't've died in a duel.
Isn't that a normal knowledge? the duel winner message i mean? because in the LN when Kirito tell other players to look for the winner message, he mentions that the others understand what he meant
Old 2012-08-04, 11:11   Link #787
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Isn't that a normal knowledge? the duel winner message i mean? because in the LN when Kirito tell other players to look for the winner message, he mentions that the others understand what he meant
Players in the game do, but we in the audience don't. In the book Kirito and Asuna have a discussion about whether the message could've appeared where none of the witnesses saw it. In the anime it'd make more sense to show us an actual duel so the audience can see that the murder wasn't part of one.
Old 2012-08-04, 11:14   Link #788
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Players in the game do, but we in the audience don't. In the book Kirito and Asuna have a discussion about whether the message could've appeared where none of the witnesses saw it. In the anime it'd make more sense to show us an actual duel so the audience can see that the murder wasn't part of one.
Since the anime loves to omit things, highly doubt that will happen. Guess we'll find out in 1 or 2 hours anyway
Old 2012-08-04, 14:36   Link #789
Utsuro no Hako

Well, no duel shown. Instead we had Kirito and Asuna telling each other about PKing by starting duels with sleeping players -- which they both already knew about but still discussed anyway.

I'm curious about CR's subs -- they have Yoroko saying that Grimlock and Griselda were married in the game but not real life. I suppose she could just be mistaken, but that seems like a weird bit of misdirection since it hides a major clue. Can anyone with better Japanese listening skills than mine confirm the dialogue?
Old 2012-08-04, 15:04   Link #790
Deltaray

Well, time to start observing anime only viewers discussing who is behinds those murders ^^
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:35   Link #791
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Well, no duel shown. Instead we had Kirito and Asuna telling each other about PKing by starting duels with sleeping players -- which they both already knew about but still discussed anyway.

I'm curious about CR's subs -- they have Yoroko saying that Grimlock and Griselda were married in the game but not real life. I suppose she could just be mistaken, but that seems like a weird bit of misdirection since it hides a major clue. Can anyone with better Japanese listening skills than mine confirm the dialogue?
In Japanese she also said it like that, roughly like this:

"Grimrock-san is Griselda-san's husband, in the game that is"

I think the sub also translated it like that or nearly like that with the same meaning
Old 2012-08-04, 16:45   Link #792
Deltaray

Quote:
In Japanese she also said it like that, roughly like this:

"Grimrock-san is Griselda-san's husband, in the game that is"

I think the sub also translated it like that or nearly like that with the same meaning
It could just mean that she didn't know about it in this episode, but that it will be explained in next one, if so why anime decided to handle it that way I don't know.
Old 2012-08-04, 17:03   Link #793
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
It could just mean that she didn't know about it in this episode, but that it will be explained in next one, if so why anime decided to handle it that way I don't know.
In the LN it's Grimrock himself who stated that Griselda was his wife in real, he explains it on the scene in her grave. Apparently all the Golden Apple members just happen to not know that they're couples in real aswell.
Old 2012-08-04, 17:18   Link #794
Deltaray

Quote:
In the LN it's Grimrock himself who stated that Griselda was his wife in real, he explains it on the scene in her grave. Apparently all the Golden Apple members just happen to not know that they're couples in real aswell.
Okay thanks for telling, it really has been while since I did read this chapter, as I do find it most boring.
Old 2012-08-04, 18:23   Link #795
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Well with the episode list out...guessing time I guess.

I'm thinking this season will be 13 episodes so...

Spoiler:

Thoughts?

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 18:30   Link #796
styr

@Netto

That means 13 episodes for ALO arc? That seems a bit.. drawn out, considering it takes place much faster than SAO. Oh well, it does take place across 2 volumes. I suppose they just want to give enough time to include most of the plot for ALO?

I don't really mind though. I am looking forward to Kirito's sonic boom attack to save Lyfa and Kirito/Lyfa interaction with Yui. I've said this multiple times already but I want to see the Kazuto/Suguha kendo duel!
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 18:30   Link #797
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

the cradil stuff only needs half a ep unless they want to go in on the LC stuff. So it would 1st half cradil, 2nd half marriage+honeymoon
Old 2012-08-04, 18:35   Link #798
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Well with the episode list out...guessing time I guess.

I'm thinking this season will be 13 episodes so...

Spoiler:

Thoughts?
It's going to be a 25 episodes format instead of 13
Old 2012-08-04, 18:41   Link #799
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
It's going to be a 25 episodes format instead of 13
13 for SAO, 6 for ALO and 6 for GGO

and before anyone say , you can't cram in 2vols in 6 eps.

SAO is 13ep only becuase of the side stories added in. If just counting the original 2 vol of material it would only be 7eps.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-08-04 at 19:01.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 18:59   Link #800
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
13 for SAO, 6 for ALO and 6 for GGO

and before anyone say , you can cram in 2vols in 6 eps.

SAO is 13ep only becuase of the side stories added in. If just counting the original 2 vol of material it would only be 7eps.
Too much pushing still, I'd rather be 1 season for SAO and 1 season for ALO+GGO