AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 11:38   Link #1
sangofe

Quality summer season shows?

Hello good people who watch new stuff. I wonder if there are quality shows from this season. What I like is: 1) original stuff (so I will be watching moyashimon 2), 2) action (oh how i loved zetman), and 3) sports anime.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 11:48   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

1) Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is a comedy anime that feature a original plot that takes place after the humanity gets declined for climatical reasons. The story focuses on a unnamed female farmer who works as a mediator between humans and a mysterious entity called "Fairies".
Joshiraku is another comedy anime, this time focusing on vocabulary differences teached by five different schoolgirls, and it looks hilarious to watch.
2) Muv-Luv Alternative : Total Eclipse is an mecha action anime featuring a group of ingenieurists piloting a special type of mecha called "Tactical Surface Fighters", to combat aliens from another dimension called BETA. The first two episodes are simply a prologue to the actual story.
3) Ginga e Kickoff! is a excellent sport anime featuring a young boy joining a mixed soccer team.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 11:51   Link #3
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Tari Tari - It's a recently new slice of life drama with potential great loveable characters, beautiful art and scenery, and a story that will definitely show greatness. The first episode has been released and I enjoyed it to absolutely no end.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:07   Link #4
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Too early to tell. I mean not Summer show has even aired its pilot episode yet. Also, it's not that reliable to base it off from one episode. For example, Tari Tari could very well take the same path Hanasaku Iroha took on its 3rd episode .

But yeh Tari Tari's first episode was awesome. I'll also agree that Jinrui wa Suitai also had a wacky and LSD-induced great episode. However... can they keep up...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 04:15   Link #5
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
1) Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita is a comedy anime that feature a original plot that takes place after the humanity gets declined for climatical reasons. The story focuses on a unnamed female farmer who works as a mediator between humans and a mysterious entity called "Fairies".
Joshiraku is another comedy anime, this time focusing on vocabulary differences teached by five different schoolgirls, and it looks hilarious to watch.
2) Muv-Luv Alternative : Total Eclipse is an mecha action anime featuring a group of ingenieurists piloting a special type of mecha called "Tactical Surface Fighters", to combat aliens from another dimension called BETA. The first two episodes are simply a prologue to the actual story.
3) Ginga e Kickoff! is a excellent sport anime featuring a young boy joining a mixed soccer team.

Sorry, but Ginga e Kickoff is the worst football anime I've ever seen, and I've seen most of them, having subbed with Saizen for about 8 years. But thanks for the other suggestions.
Old 2012-07-13, 18:57   Link #6
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
Sorry, but Ginga e Kickoff is the worst football anime I've ever seen, and I've seen most of them, having subbed with Saizen for about 8 years. But thanks for the other suggestions.
bump this thread...
Old 2012-07-13, 20:28   Link #7
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

The one summer show a lot of people have their eye on is Sword Art Online.

The new anime original this season is music/slice of life series TARI TARI. Go look up the synopsis to see if it's your kind of thing.

Rinne no Lagrange is also currently airing anime original with mecha action/slice of life, though do remember to watch the first season of the show which aired back in January.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 01:48   Link #8
sangofe

So now that most shows have started, do any other have other reccomendations?
Old 2012-07-24, 22:47   Link #9
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For whatever it's worth, my personal top 3 for summer are...

Humanity Has Declined

Muv Luv Alternative

Binbou Gami Ga

(come to think, it's ironic none of them have childhood friends, but I digress. :shrug: )

First two someone else has talked about, but the last one is hilarious and touching at the same time. Other people have likened it to Gintama, having the same director and all.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 22:54   Link #10
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I'll chime in ... because ... well, why not?

For me the 3 top (new) series in summer are:

Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Joshiraku

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Old 2012-07-26, 22:49   Link #11
wagnerr
philosopher stone power

hagure no yuusha
wagnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 07:21   Link #12
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
So now that most shows have started, do any other have other reccomendations?
Kokoro Connect

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 10:31   Link #13
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

For me it's Utakoi. I love the fact that romance is intertwined with poetry. It makes the romance all the more sweet.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote