Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 08:51   Link #201
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I love how i'm pretty much the only person who doesn't dislike Neeba at all. I actually find him pretty awesome, especially in the first season.
He's so obviously Druaga's version of Sasuke/Itachi. He's doing it for a good reason. So obvious. Exact reasons will surface later.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 08:51   Link #202
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
i just wish this wont turn into a harem ending
a threesome ending with jil fatina and kaaya OMFG IM SOO ENVIOUS HAHAHAH
No... just no. 'Harem' ending absolutely ruined a high profile mecha/romance/drama anime last year... they're the ultimate copouts and should be the bane of every anime watcher's existence. >_>
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 08:56   Link #203
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
No... just no. 'Harem' ending absolutely ruined a high profile mecha/romance/drama anime last year...
What anime? Macross?
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 09:12   Link #204
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
AHAHAHAHA.... yes, someone voiced my thoughts for me! The typical pairing ending is boring, completely burnt out and tired of it. Something new please!
It's not so much that the ending is burned out (even if it is) it's the fact that Kayaa is a tratorous bitch who has a life on her head ever since Ahmey gave her life to help the defeat of "Druaga". Frankly put, the sooner she swings, the better for all concenred, and she can take her asshole of a Sasuke with her too the gallows.

Also, it's not even been half an episode and I'm already sick of Gil's face.

Last edited by Conan-san; 2009-01-09 at 09:31.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 09:30   Link #205
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I love how i'm pretty much the only person who doesn't dislike Neeba at all. I actually find him pretty awesome, especially in the first season.
You're not alone, Shiroth. I still like Neeba and refuse to pass judgement on him until I know why he did what he did.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 09:38   Link #206
Kraker2k

The opening is pretty convincing in that Neeba still is a good guy, even if it is an alternate world thing.
Old 2009-01-09, 09:45   Link #207
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
You're not alone, Shiroth. I still like Neeba and refuse to pass judgement on him until I know why he did what he did.
We know exactly what he did, he, in short, took everything both his party and Jil's party had been striving for and practaily left them for dead.

The guy's got the black spot on 'm as far as I'm concerned, I hope that the vision Kai gave Jil comes true, Death's too good for ether of them. And if that's Gil in that shot, I hope that Jil is out of shot ready to give him what for.
Not for the trators, of course, but for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraker2k View Post
The opening is pretty convincing in that Neeba still is a good guy, even if it is an alternate world thing.
The oppening has the entire cast doing things in the "real" world, I wouln't trust it to tell you anything.

Last edited by Conan-san; 2009-01-09 at 09:59.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 10:19   Link #208
Slick_rick

Quote:
Neeba in the first season I got a sense that he was doing it for his own selfish desire to play the hero. I think what they are trying to accomplish is most likely a noble goal but it seems to me Neeba is more motivate by jealousy and selfishness. Kaaya I actually have a lot of sympathy for as I don't think she is motivated by selfishness but just by the will to accomplish her goal. If she didn't go with Neeba then she'd be unable to accomplish her goal so she made the tough decision even though she didn't like herself for doing it.

I don't really know who I prefer out of JilxFatina or JilxKaaya. I like both pairing honestly. For the first season I leaned more towards JilxFatina through most of the episodes but actually, opposite to most people, I liked JilxKaaya much more after she betrayed the group. I didn't like that she lied a lot during the first season but I understood why she did as the episodes went on and in the end. Her feelings for Jil seemed quite genuine and so did her regret. I'm not certain about Jil's though. Jil and Fatina will almost certainly have a lot of developments on their front while chasing after Neeba and Kaaya so we'll see if his feelings are actually genuine as the season goes on.
Old 2009-01-09, 10:23   Link #209
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
We know exactly what he did, he, in short, took everything both his party and Jil's party had been striving for and practaily left them for dead.

The guy's got the black spot on 'm as far as I'm concerned, I hope that the vision Kai gave Jil comes true, Death's too good for ether of them. And if that's Gil in that shot, I hope that Jil is out of shot ready to give him what for.
Not for the trators, of course, but for himself.

The oppening has the entire cast doing things in the "real" world, I wouln't trust it to tell you anything.
Exactly, it's like A WHOLE LOT OF WRONGS don't make a right. Now matter the goal, the way of going about it is that of a murderous person. We don't exactly view to highly of these people in society, they usually get the death sentenced or prison. Either way, good intention or not, that which has been committed is evil deeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Neeba in the first season I got a sense that he was doing it for his own selfish desire to play the hero. I think what they are trying to accomplish is most likely a noble goal but it seems to me Neeba is more motivate by jealousy and selfishness. Kaaya I actually have a lot of sympathy for as I don't think she is motivated by selfishness but just by the will to accomplish her goal. If she didn't go with Neeba then she'd be unable to accomplish her goal so she made the tough decision even though she didn't like herself for doing it.
No, she thinks she has a better chance of succeeding by going with him. And what did she do thinking that way? Anyways it has been hinted time and time again and now made clear Neeba can't do it. WTF are they thinking? It took a huge party or help from large amount of people to just to get to where they are and the upcoming journey is suppose to be harder, so they think they can do it with just the 2 of them? HA..... for being cunning both are pretty idiotic!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 10:30   Link #210
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraker2k View Post
The guy in the dugout next to Kaaya is the same guy who killed her in the vision at the end of the episode. They aren't all good.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 10:31   Link #211
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Heh, i should have known you'd be thinking the same as me.

Indeed, we don't know why Neeba did what he did. On the outside it was 'i'm doing this for myself', though i'm not going to believe that for a second. He is a good guy deep down, and there will be an important reason as to why. Same with Kaaya.

Even still, i just like his character more then anything.
Old 2009-01-09, 10:37   Link #212
Molenir

Yeah, why is this still in the unaired section? Planning to create its own sub forum for the thread?

So much hate for Neeba. Not that I don't understand and completely agree.

Lots of love for the JilxFatina pair.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 10:38   Link #213
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Yeah, why is this still in the unaired section? Planning to create its own sub forum for the thread?
It'll probably be moved to the licensed section when a mod has time to do so.
Old 2009-01-09, 10:39   Link #214
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

kaaya was probably going to go the whole destination with jil, but her plans changed once she fell for him, and didn't wish him to suffer whatever pain and sorrow would await them later on....that's why her final words to him are important.

as for ahmey's death, neeba is the one responsible for that.........

on a unrelated note....macross frontier probably ended up a harem because if it didn't many sheryl fans would cry bloody murder because she would had lost.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 11:08   Link #215
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
kaaya was probably going to go the whole destination with jil, but her plans changed once she fell for him, and didn't wish him to suffer whatever pain and sorrow would await them later on....that's why her final words to him are important.

as for ahmey's death, neeba is the one responsible for that.........

on a unrelated note....macross frontier probably ended up a harem because if it didn't many sheryl fans would cry bloody murder because she would had lost.
Yep, so ture. I'm a sheryl fan myself. Dunno why the hell loli's always win. Oh well.

Sword of Uruk EP 1.

I was pretty disappointed w/ Jil(?) becoming like that. At the end of the first season he was yelling his hearts out like "IMA KILL J00 ALL". Then back here at EP 1 he's all down and gloomy. They could have made him at least you know; more "GAR" or something. Pretty sad seeing him like that since he didn't deserve what happened to him back at s1(being betrayed by his bro and lover). man.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 11:22   Link #216
ThoHell

Yeah the Gar thing would of been nice. Kaaya is boring as always, actually even more boring now plus some emo. That who formal talk is blah.... she is emitting one depressing aura, but guess that can't be helped.
Old 2009-01-09, 11:42   Link #217
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

*facepalm*

And here I was trying to be vague in order to avoid spoilers. Not that I care much about the series anymore, so could give a damn about who gets spoiled about it or not... >_>
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 11:55   Link #218
Isekaijin

Times like this, I remember Jil's dream in the first chapter of the last season. Maybe it will end in a similar way, Jil will forget the princess (Kaaya) and go after Fatina. But that would also mean that Utu has a death sentence over his head, same as Neeba.

But I would not accept the true identity of the last boss if my theory is true.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 12:05   Link #219
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
No, she thinks she has a better chance of succeeding by going with him. And what did she do thinking that way? Anyways it has been hinted time and time again and now made clear Neeba can't do it. WTF are they thinking? It took a huge party or help from large amount of people to just to get to where they are and the upcoming journey is suppose to be harder, so they think they can do it with just the 2 of them? HA..... for being cunning both are pretty idiotic!
No, the reason she ultimately goes with Neeba is because he holds the key to going to the mythical tower. If she didn't go with him she have no way to guarantee she'd be able to find another way into to the tower. Even if it will be highly unlikely if they'd succeed I think they're willing to risk it for their goal. You have to remember that everyone only joined the group for their own selfish reasons. Once they realized that they weren't going to be able to get their wishes they'd have be much less inclined to risk their lives or continue the journey.
Old 2009-01-09, 12:11   Link #220
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
No, the reason she ultimately goes with Neeba is because he holds the key to going to the mythical tower. If she didn't go with him she have no way to guarantee she'd be able to find another way into to the tower. Even if it will be highly unlikely if they'd succeed I think they're willing to risk it for their goal. You have to remember that everyone only joined the group for their own selfish reasons. Once they realized that they weren't going to be able to get their wishes they'd have be much less inclined to risk their lives or continue the journey.
Apparently he doesn't since they will be climbing again and will meet up. Also, did it say anything about only 2 can go? I don't recall that but maybe my memory is a little rusty since it has been awhile. If not only 2 could go (which is apparent it isn't since others will also be going soon in the future), then why did they do such a huge malicious act instead of taking everyone with them? Come on, there isn't many justification for their reason or action, it's all rather absurd.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg