AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-07, 00:55   Link #1741
Justin_Brett

Force is filled with moves just to appease fans, too, so it's not like it has some great integrity in comparison.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:04   Link #1742
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Force is filled with moves just to appease fans, too, so it's not like it has some great integrity in comparison.
Just a few, but what i mean is that Force is making a more noticeable effort to set up a proper story. Vivid feels more episodic because so far we have various adventures of Vivio and friends, the tournament Arc is nice and one of the resons for me is that is givng the feeling of an ongoing plot. Sieglinde's health, her relationship with Victoria, Einhart's conflict at fighting her firends as also testing her strenght against the undefeated champion, etc.. It gives more depht to the characters and also the new faces are getting nice developement or at least pretty awesome scenes.

But still Force have a more solid structure sotry-wise, it have a prologue, is following a plotline(we're on the intermiddle right now) and more likely it have an already planned ending. Again, even if i admitted that Force is a proper story with an a structure, my personal opinion about the contents and execution in an entirely different matter xDU.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:11   Link #1743
LostSome

ViVid : One hit and the jacket goes bye-bye !
Force : X-Slash from an mage slayer... Close to death, but the jacket is fine. :k
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:17   Link #1744
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Force : X-Slash from an mage slayer... Close to death, but the jacket is fine. :k
Fine? Last time i checked it looked all bloodied and stripperifically shredded xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-07, 01:18   Link #1745
Skane
Anime Snark

Well, to be fair. Signum's wearing a heavy variant built for real combat. Vivid mostly only has mock battles so far, and non-lethal competitive fights. So they might not be focusing so much attention on the durability of their barrier jackets.

Cheers.
Old 2012-01-07, 01:22   Link #1746
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well, to be fair. Signum's wearing a heavy variant built for real combat. Vivid mostly only has mock battles so far, and non-lethal competitive fights. So they might not be focusing so much attention on the durability of their barrier jackets.

Cheers.
The "density" of the barrier jackets is different? That's a new concept for me, if anything i think the ones used ion the tournament were even safer, givne that they also coun with the damage regulator system that allows the contestants go all out without fear of injuring/killing their opponents.

By the way, The Wolkenritter wear the less-armored variant of the Belkan jacket which is called "Knight Clothing" instead of "Knight Armour" which is the term for proper Belkan armored outfits.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-07, 01:24   Link #1747
LostSome

Fanservice is fanservice.
Even if you`re giving a possible explaination for it, it still is.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:25   Link #1748
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Fanservice is fanservice.
Even if you`re giving a possible explaination for it, it still is.
Nothing to comment here other than you have your mouth full of reason xD

Marketing is marketing at the end xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-07, 06:40   Link #1749
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
It's possible that Megane and Quint participated when they were younger and hadn't joined the Bureau yet. Erio and Caro probably couldn't participate because they were Bureau personnel. They are there at the tournament in Lutecia's corner, after all, so it's not like they were too busy or something.
The reason for Erio and Caro not participating was, and I quote page 12 of chapter 18 here, "I don't think they're the type to do it though." Subaru talks about their participation as possible, so bureau personnel can participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Besides, Vivio and Einhart not being genetically related would only make a pairing between them more viable. So nyeh. Yuri fans shouldn't be all that upset over the idea of Olivie and Klaus not hooking up.
Dunno, I think 'clone of my ancestor' is vague enough a genetically relation to justify romance.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 09:39   Link #1750
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sex is the crux of the matter for this conclusion, actually. Essentially, Olivie and Klaus couldn't have been married or in some kind of relationship (legally) because Einhart is not the Sankt Kaiser.

We know that Klaus died relatively shortly after his final battle with Olivie. He certainly never moved on, because it's implied (or stated, I'm not too clear on it atm) in time to find someone else to fall in love with, but he still was able to have descendants that carried his genes and memories--Einhart has to have some genetic link that is directly from Klaus to inherit her looks and problem.

Which means Klaus must've been had children with someone else before Olivie's death, and it wasn't with Olivie--if he had fostered children with Olivie, Jail simply would've needed to find whoever descended from that line into the current day to activate the Saint's Cradle--he was a pragmatist, if nothing else. But Einhart obviously didn't have the Sankt Kaiser genetic code in her, and Vivio's creation was necessary, so Jail stole the shroud and so on and so forth.

So either Klaus and Olivie had an entirely platonic relationship, or Klaus was in love with Olivie and she never returned his feelings/didn't find out about them.
Raise mentioned they might have been like brother and sister, which I think actually fits in with the general theme of Nanoha so far: People who are really close to each other, but not in the romantic sense. After all, I can see Nanoha and Fate as sisters.

I have noticed there is a tendency for people to see two people who are close, and immediately think they MUST have a desire to bone each other. People can be just close, like family, and I think the Olive/Klaus thing continues the tradition in Nanoha of favoring close friendships over romantic entanglements.

On another note... would it matter if Einhart was the descendent of Olive and Klaus? The bias against related people having relationships, comes from the fact that offspring can suffer genetically. Other than the squick factor, I don't see any logical issues with Vivio and Einhart becoming an item, even if they are distantly related somehow. I don't think they can have a child together the natural way, heh.

Having said that, if they are related, I wouldn't particularly care to see them pair up. And regardless of relations, I'd prefer to keep seeing the nakama angle: people who are real close friends with each other, but not romantically involved. I personally feel romantic feelings would distract from the main themes.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 15:30   Link #1751
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The reason for Erio and Caro not participating was, and I quote page 12 of chapter 18 here, "I don't think they're the type to do it though." Subaru talks about their participation as possible, so bureau personnel can participate.
Then I find it odd that no one other than Megane had participated in it before. You'd think Subaru or one of the Numbers would have tried for it.
Old 2012-01-07, 16:00   Link #1752
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Then I find it odd that no one other than Megane had participated in it before. You'd think Subaru or one of the Numbers would have tried for it.
Out of universe reason? Because the tournament was only invented for Vivid, and who participated in the past doesn't really matter.

In universe reason? Dunno, if I can theorycraft though, Subaru is easily explained because has a full-time job in the rescue squad, and of the numbers only Nove seems to be really into martial arts. Dunno why she didn't participate, but she wasn't exactly the most sociable person for a while.
Old 2012-01-07, 16:02   Link #1753
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Also if they added Erio and Caro and Subaru and Teana and Nove and them, the tournament would be even longer. And these tournament arcs are already inherently long as it is.
Old 2012-01-07, 16:25   Link #1754
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I don't think they can have a child together the natural way, heh.
Vivio: WHAT IS THAT?

Einhart: Uh, this is really embarassing, but the genetic modifications that pass on the Adult Mode also included a... futanari mode.

Vivio: WHY.

Einhart: So that there would always be an heir?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 20:32   Link #1755
rxrx

Actually, we can stop poking fun at Klaus. He have to see the woman he loved either as a sister or a one-sided love die in front of his eyes, maybe have to marry a woman just for the sake of heir and might not have any love for her as he is filled with regret. It sucks to be him as he always reminds himself as a failure even till deathbed and that just sucks.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 21:20   Link #1756
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Out of universe reason? Because the tournament was only invented for Vivid, and who participated in the past doesn't really matter.
I'm just talking about a few more characters saying "I participated in it before too" and give advice to the other girls on what it's like. Instead we just get Megane talking about it and no one else.
Old 2012-01-07, 21:30   Link #1757
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Erio and Caro spend most of their time on a backwater planet, and Subaru and Teana are full-time officers for the rescue squads and Enforcers. I don't find it too terribly surprising that none of them entered the tournament prior.
Old 2012-01-07, 21:35   Link #1758
Justin_Brett

Considering the tournament would inevitably involve fighting someone a good deal younger and less experienced than you, I'm not surprised none of the Numbers felt the need to participate, either.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 22:14   Link #1759
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I'm just talking about a few more characters saying "I participated in it before too" and give advice to the other girls on what it's like. Instead we just get Megane talking about it and no one else.
Well, I guess it's because we don't really need to be told what it's like since we'd just be going to see what it's like a few chapters later. No need to lay out every little detail if you're going to show it anyway. Show, don't tell and all that.
Old 2012-01-07, 22:36   Link #1760
Meltyred

I find it highly disappointing that Nanoha did not participate in this tournament... (In the past that is, would have been great for comedic effect)
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid