AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-13, 12:24   Link #1
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Who's Excited for Comic Party Revolution?

Hi everyone, welcome to my thread.
Old 2003-12-13, 13:51   Link #2
Shift_

Who's Excited for Comic Party Revolution?

First off WTF Comic Party was based off an H game and there was NO romance whatsoever?

okay...next, I'm hoping Comic Party Revolution will be like comic party TV BUT with romance

I want Kazuki and Mitzuki to hook up or something.

But yea I'm excited anyone know how many OVAs it's going to be?
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 13:57   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
First off WTF Comic Party was based off an H game and there was NO romance whatsoever?

okay...next, I'm hoping Comic Party Revolution will be like comic party TV BUT with romance

I want Kazuki and Mitzuki to hook up or something.

But yea I'm excited anyone know how many OVAs it's going to be?
Not all H games are as romantic as say Kanon, or something. They also probably cut out some of the "romance" parts because it was heavily tied to an H scene.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 17:52   Link #4
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I'm excited! I want more Comic Party.~ xD Just hope it turns out well. Can't wait for the R1 CP DVD's also. ^_^
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 18:40   Link #5
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Comic partyyyy!! Yay ..

I have to say I was surprised when I heard it was based on an H anime! O.O
It really doesn't seem like it...
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 20:34   Link #6
LeiMagusIII

My Brother! And My Sister! Here is to more Comic Party! </kampai>

LeiMagusIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 21:43   Link #7
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

never heard of it, whats it about

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-12-13 at 22:02.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 23:12   Link #8
Thelastguardian

Comic Party is an popular hgame. Came out at 2001, the story feature a good-for-nothing main character. His only talent is drawing and he was just about to give up his dream when his best friend (forgot his name) dragged him to a convention call Comic Party (or Comipa). Being touched by the euthistic drawers, he became determine to draw manga.

something like that.
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 23:14   Link #9
Shift_

yea I have no idea how the hgame works, but after watching the TV series I can't say I could see it working as a hgame.

The main character isn't really good for nothing, he's quite a well designed character IMO.

Compare him to Takayuki in KimiNozo and he's like 100X better than Takayuki.
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 00:09   Link #10
GipFace

Yay

Mmm ... this is a must-see on my list. I can't wait.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 00:26   Link #11
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Ok, I'm assuming everyone here has read the VERY LONG splash screen (thanks to me) on the Miyuki-Fansubs release.

Now, lemme try to answer things one by one...

> Comic Party was based off an H game and there was NO romance whatsoever?

Yes, it was based off a H game, no, there IS romance. Maybe not as apparent as Kanon/Kiminozo/Da Capo/etc or some other series that dumps you in a school life story line which basically puts a big sign saying "school life romance drama" in your face, there IS still romance in the game. Although the story revolves around the Comic Party convention and the main character's journey to become a doujinshi arist, there is tons of romance in there that fits the deal. Just for your info, for each character, you get 2 H scenes only and the game works perfectly well without them (which was the case in the Dreamcast version), so NO, the romance is NOT heavly tied to the H scenes. Maybe this wasn't so apparent in the TV series since they just had it all centered around Mizuki's story WHILE trying to tell the what happened to the rest of the characters at the same time. Take the TV series as an introduction to what Comic Party is, it's still missing the details for each character.

> How many episodes is this OVA?

2, first one to be released sometime this December. No definite release date yet, but they will be selling copies at Comic Market 65 - no, has nothing to do with Comic Party - which is going to run from 28th to 30th December. Second episode is in February if I remember correctly...

> Surprised it was based on an H anime!

It was based off a H game, not Anime. But it's another very good example of how H games aren't just H.

> his best friend (forgot his name)...

Taishi.

> I have no idea how the hgame works...

The game plays like Pia Carrot where you must plan what to do throughout the week, like when to draw your doujinshi, when to watch some TV (to get ideas for writing), when to go on your party time job, etc. There is an interesting mini-game when you write doujinshi. The game dumps you random words used in doujinshi and you have to type them out to advance drawing doujinshi. You can turn this off, but typing it yourself is always faster than leaving it to the game to its own devices (it calculates how fast you write by your various doujinshi artist stats).

You get to choose what type of doujinshi you want to draw (no H), the length and what type of printing quality. All these cost money to print, hence the need for your part time job. At each Comic Party convention (there's 8 throughout the game I _think_, been sometime since I played it so I can't remember), you also get to move around to meet up with other characters or buy other doujinshi. At the end of convention, Taishi would give you feedback on how you did and tell you how much was sold (hence getting money back) and if you were good enough, advance you to the next "level" of doujinshi artist.

On weekends, you can move around in town and call the various girls you know who have exchanged phone numbers with. Besides some predefined-and-somewhat-hard-to-make-out-conditions (for example, if you want to end up with Aya, you must draw original doujinshi, if you want to end up with Eimi, you must draw parody, etc), it's a pretty straight forward game.

Well, hope that cleared some questions. Either way, I'm looking forward to Comic Party Revolution myself too (been since it was first mentioned in magazines in March) ^^
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 03:03   Link #12
Thelastguardian

cant get the Promo to play on my comp, but thats another matter.

First of all I never played the game (o horror of horrors!!!), I just read the manga (thank god its for all ages). Second of all the game is made up of some very well drawn/design characters. And the last thing is that I never heard people talk about the h part of the game when talking about Comic Party, the reason is because the game excel at every other catagories.

PS is the revo. version going to extend on the original storyline?
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 03:33   Link #13
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
cant get the Promo to play on my comp, but thats another matter.
Install ffdshow, make sure xvid codec is set to "libavcodec".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
PS is the revo. version going to extend on the original storyline?
Not sure, they've been very tight lipped regarding the story. The only information released was comments from the voice actors/actresses after a recording session, and they only commented on the characters and other things. Well, the first episode _should_ be coming out in a few weeks, so just wait till then :P
Old 2003-12-15, 04:13   Link #14
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

@rayearth: Just curious, but where will Comic Market 65 be taking place? I'd kind of like to go...
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-15, 04:51   Link #15
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer_us
@rayearth: Just curious, but where will Comic Market 65 be taking place? I'd kind of like to go...
Comic Market takes place at the same place every time (as far as I know) - at the big "dome" conventional center in Tokyo. The same place you see in Comic Party. I went to Comiket 63 (short for Comic Market) last year and took some pictures, you can find them here:

http://www.geocities.com/mkrayearth....-3/page_02.htm

You'll be interested in the last picture on that page and most on the 3rd page.
Old 2003-12-16, 00:30   Link #16
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Thanks! It's the same place where the Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa are usually held right? Cool, I'll probably try to go.
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 04:06   Link #17
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer_us
Thanks! It's the same place where the Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa are usually held right? Cool, I'll probably try to go.
I'm not too sure about Jump Festa, but yes, Tokyo Game Show is held there.
Old 2003-12-16, 09:50   Link #18
bluemist
i am the mist

The things I liked about Comic Party were the spoofs, parodies (it is doujinshi anyway), and the To Heart cameos!

But will they do a Matrix spoof this time? After all, the title is Comic Party "Revolution". But that's just my wishful thinking there.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 18:12   Link #19
linkarroway
Inactive Member

or they'll throw in a little Dance Dance 'Revolution'?
I loved this anime and just watched it from a friend, but missing episode 11
I didn't know it was off an H-game, oh well, it doesnt make it any worse, or better for some of you >_>;; :P.

Is this anime lisenced in the USA?

I want to find and read the Manga and see the new OVA/
linkarroway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 19:51   Link #20
bluemist
i am the mist

The 13 episode Comic Party is licensed, as well as the manga. This new OVA is not yet licensed.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote