AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-11-03, 17:07   Link #3621
maton456full

I dont think so . And for your question . For what i read from the synopsis , seems this volume La Folia and Kanon Will have some leadership
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-03, 17:59   Link #3622
zezegui222
A simple man

I don't think that this is even possible. Because.... La Folia is even one of the mediums for his familiars (the double-headed serpent, and Yukina is the other medium).

I think for the story, all the girls who are his familiar's mediums will be part of his harem and probably other girls who aren't mediums will be in the harem too.
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-19, 21:24   Link #3623
AP24

Does anyone know what hsppens in Vol 18?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-20, 02:32   Link #3624
Mirable
ミラベル

The main event in vol 18 was taken from OVA Valkyria no Oukoku-hen but many things got rewrite and modify. you can say it very different from OVA.

Spoiler for spoiler:
I'm sure La Folia fan will like this volume.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-20, 05:59   Link #3625
tsunade666

La Folia what! OMG! still vol 18 is far away from translated volumes but I can't wait to buy this one.
Old 2017-11-20, 06:12   Link #3626
thefreakmike

L-La Folia is back?!?!

Its been 84 years.jpg ...
Old 2017-11-21, 19:59   Link #3627
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I expect Yukina cockblocking them, am I wrong?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 21:55   Link #3628
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
The main event in vol 18 was taken from OVA Valkyria no Oukoku-hen but many things got rewrite and modify. you can say it very different from OVA.

Spoiler for spoiler:
I'm sure La Folia fan will like this volume.
But how many fans of La Folia are there compared to Yukina, though? There's still no merchandise of her, compared to the Yukina-Fanboy-Editor's and Yukina's monopoly.

Images
Isn't it sad, Princess?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Is Kanon in this volume too? She did say that she has plenty of family in Aldegyr that she hasn't met yet back in the Valkyrie OVA.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 22:32   Link #3629
Mirable
ミラベル

^don't know but at least there are plenty of La Folia fans in this thread and screw Yukina and her beloved editor!

Of course, this is her chance to see her father face to face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I expect Yukina cockblocking them, am I wrong?
hate to say it but yes..."They" need to remind readers that Yukina is legal wife and central heroine of the story.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 22:51   Link #3630
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
hate to say it but yes..."They" need to remind readers that Yukina is legal wife and central heroine of the story.
True and I agree but it way over emphasizing that point. What I mean is, its at the point that those ignorant and thick headed about romance would understand.
Old 2017-11-23, 03:43   Link #3631
tsunade666

As much as I like La Folia, I don't know. When I'm reading the novels, I get the feel that the writings leans on more with Yukina being OTP and the harem are just add ons. I don't know if it's the editor's fault but it felt to bs and if I remember it right, from the previous work of the author. The romance are set since the beginning. Other girls just flocks as additional and its more blatant here than asura crying.

So while I can say that I like La Folia more. The writing of the story felt more otp. And while the other girls are nice too see. Especially their interaction. It just didn't feel right to me.
Old 2017-11-24, 14:26   Link #3632
zezegui222
A simple man

Oh, it's seems no one post the illustrations of volume 18, then:
Spoiler for Vol 18 illustrations:

And I need to say... Sayaka and La Folia are too much beautiful
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-24, 16:12   Link #3633
faiz blaster

You know, it is surprising that this series can remain so popular even though there is nobody translating it.
Old 2017-11-24, 16:37   Link #3634
trojan13ic

@tsunade666

I felt the same while reading too.
I think this will end with mc commiting with just 2 heroines in it, the obvious b*tch and Asagi. just like Asura Cryin' or did I remember it wrong? lol
trojan13ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-25, 10:32   Link #3635
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
You know, it is surprising that this series can remain so popular even though there is nobody translating it.
Its licensed. So its being translated. In Legal way bought the book

as for harem, the anime did a anime conclusion that which the novel, later on. backed up with. One thing is for sure, Kojou had daughter with Asagi and Yukina. Not sure on the others.

But so far, while reading the book. Kojou and Yukina had good chemistry. Seriously, it become clouded or typical generic harem when other girls but in but if you just read it with Kojou and Yukina as center. its good.

I'm not saying that the other girls aren't good but the problem is that. They are also good. But they are being given less time to shine which is annoying to me.

A good harem story for me is a balance one where all girls shine.

This story isn't that.

Yukina shine all the time and the other girls had spare time to shine which is sad and bad, if you ask me.
Old 2017-11-25, 10:43   Link #3636
RDNexus

Hasn't there been any major outcry or an online petition for the publisher (or editor) to stop being a d**k and let the other girls have a time to shine, either in the story itself and the LN covers? If a story is to be harem-themed, at least let it be that properly, not only in a sense
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-25, 10:55   Link #3637
tsunade666

hmm, so far, I have no problem and I had read it up til vol 7.

Like I said, Yukino and Kojou had good chemistry.

It's just sad that its was forced/turn into harem. I think it would be better if it's an otp story.

Asura crying stay through to love triangle/2 girl interest till the end and I like how it was portrayed and ended.
Old 2017-11-25, 10:56   Link #3638
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Its licensed. So its being translated. In Legal way bought the book
Let me rephrase that: I'm surprised that this series can remain so popular when there is no high-quality, fan-made translations of it anymore....
Old 2017-11-26, 00:06   Link #3639
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Let me rephrase that: I'm surprised that this series can remain so popular when there is no high-quality, fan-made translations of it anymore....
Theres never been high quality fan translations for Strike the Blood.

IIRC only a few chapters in vol 1 was ever translated for about a year before it got licensed.

Someone else "translated" it and it was really just rips of Yen Press' digital release.
Old 2017-11-26, 21:39   Link #3640
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
As much as I like La Folia, I don't know. When I'm reading the novels, I get the feel that the writings leans on more with Yukina being OTP and the harem are just add ons. I don't know if it's the editor's fault but it felt to bs and if I remember it right, from the previous work of the author. The romance are set since the beginning. Other girls just flocks as additional and its more blatant here than asura crying.

So while I can say that I like La Folia more. The writing of the story felt more otp. And while the other girls are nice too see. Especially their interaction. It just didn't feel right to me.
I also like La Folia because she's at least straightforward about her affections for Kojou instead of being violently tsundere, even if it turns out that what La Folia really wants is just a politically-advantageous marriage. Her character design is also better than Yukina's in my view

I think the "harem being add-ons" problem might be solved if the author made this a "true harem" story but we don't know that'll be the case. It's likely that the editor's bias is also getting in the way here.

Images
The Nobly Affectionate Princess or the Violently Tsundere Sword Shaman?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezegui222 View Post
Oh, it's seems no one post the illustrations of volume 18, then:
Spoiler for Vol 18 illustrations:

And I need to say... Sayaka and La Folia are too much beautiful
This was supposed to be La Folia's time in the spotlight, and she gets very few illustrations in this volume? That's a pity (or is it because LN illustrations are expensive to commission?). And yes, compared to La Folia and perhaps even Sayaka, Yukina's design probably looks the plainest of all the heroines despite having the most opportunities to be violently tsundere to Kojou, which begs the question of why the author's editor is so fixated on Yukina in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Hasn't there been any major outcry or an online petition for the publisher (or editor) to stop being a d**k and let the other girls have a time to shine, either in the story itself and the LN covers? If a story is to be harem-themed, at least let it be that properly, not only in a sense
How popular is StB anyway? Are there anywhere near enough StB fans to get the publisher's attention to stop overfocusing on one heroine and give more time in the spotlight to the other heroines, along with more varied merchandise? Without that kind of fan outcry or a sympathetic ear on the inside, it's not likely going to change.

Anyway, is Volume 18 just an expansion of the plot in the Valkyrie OVA? How much of a role did Kanon get in the volume?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cringe heroine, dengeki bunko, fake harem, harem, open ending, strike the blood, vampires