AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-12-06, 18:41   Link #41
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed
Plus, he's so dad-gummed secksi.... @_@

True, that.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 16:32   Link #42
MasterX

Yeah, my friend was pretty hooked when it came out. I didn't pay much attention to him at first, then I said, "What the hell... let's see what turned him on." The very first episode I saw was during the Kreig saga, when Zolo said that he wanted to become the world's greatest swordsman. That, and Luffy convincing Sanji to become his chef turned me to watch it. Later, I realized that the Kreig Arc was real dull compared to Buggy's, Kuro's, Smoker's, etc. That's it. Zolo was the one character that turned me on. If I saw the Luffy/Kreig fight first, I'd prolly wouldn't consider watching it a second time. Yes, Zolo's intro was kick-ass too.
MasterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 11:18   Link #43
d.Lughie

I agree...
it just get better and better each stories they go...
i dont really watch the anime (just starting to).. but the manga.. is two thumbs UP!!

after luffy getting all his first 5 crew members... the flow of the story just become unbeliavably interesting.. my favourite arc is the alabasta arc... it really makes my eye welled... and rise my goosebumps.. the way ODA depict their friendship is very special...

ppl should try watching the anime and give it quite sometimes to develop.. coz the main characters are not luffy himself... its his nakama too....
d.Lughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 14:00   Link #44
Tokia

I am simply like the special abilities of cursed fruits. Well...there are so many animes that include..., I would call it "Ability Battle" or something like that in the stories. It is kinda fun to just think about the cursed fruits, like who can beat Ace (Luffy's brother) or anybody who has cursed fruit's special ability that can change their figure to nature things like Fire, Thunder, Sand, etc...

If you haven't watched the episodes about the princess in the desert land and about the floating land above clouds, please don't look at below.

I couldn't imagine the way of how Luffy defeated Crocodile before I saw the battle scene. Water!! Sand is weak against water. This thing is really matching to the story in desertland.

And also, the new king of sky land can change himself to thunder. When I saw it, I though like "Oh my god...how can you guys beat him! There is no way to beat him..." After I realised like "Oh wait...thunder can't go through rubber. It means Luffy can beat him!! Yeah!!" I was so excited, you know.

Maybe you are right that each story is long and easy to tire you to continue watching. But still, the character's uniqueness and the abilities are very attractive to me.
Tokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 14:49   Link #45
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Cursed fruits? This 4kids lingo kills me.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 21:09   Link #46
Tokia

Hi neodrag! I now understand why you hate the term "Cursed Fruits" It seems like 4kids changed many terms in One Piece so weirdly. Is that right? I was actually wondering why it was translated like "Cursed Fruits." If directly translated from Japanese to English, it is supposed to be like "Devil's Fruits."

And I have actually seen one episode of One Piece on TV. I think that was 4kids. When I saw it, I though like, "What the heck is this openning song!!" What do you guys think about the song? Have you heard the Japanese version? I love the Japanese version called "We are". I guess 4kids had to make a directly translated version of it. (Maybe someone alse has already talked about it before in other threads, though...)
Tokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 21:23   Link #47
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokia
Hi neodrag! I now understand why you hate the term "Cursed Fruits" It seems like 4kids changed many terms in One Piece so weirdly. Is that right? I was actually wondering why it was translated like "Cursed Fruits." If directly translated from Japanese to English, it is supposed to be like "Devil's Fruits."
Probably something like not wanting to upset the religious community... they probably thought that some poeple would get offended by the word "Devil" on a kids show...

Quote:
And I have actually seen one episode of One Piece on TV. I think that was 4kids. When I saw it, I though like, "What the heck is this openning song!!" What do you guys think about the song? Have you heard the Japanese version? I love the Japanese version called "We are". I guess 4kids had to make a directly translated version of it. (Maybe someone alse has already talked about it before in other threads, though...)
The english opening song is pure and utter crap... It seems to be nothing more then a sad and sorry attempt to "get in touch" with today's youth or something... a sad attempt at something "cool"
atleast they didn't go ahead and attempt to make sad parodies of the other opening songs

and it is not even close to being a direct translation either
The translation for "we are" can be found here
I'm not too fond of the 1st japanese opening(we are) to be honest, but atleast the song has better taste and meaning then the crap they put in the 4Shame version

Last edited by Slayerx; 2006-02-13 at 21:33.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 22:51   Link #48
IchiGin

The Characters r funny.

The story is getting good, and not extremely predictable (yes, Luffy does win majority of the fights agains the opposing leaders, the question is how)

Too many unanswered questions( Dragon, Shanks and whitebeard coming together, the rest of the Shichibukai)
IchiGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 23:26   Link #49
poopatrip
Luffyfan

wanna know whats good about one piece...
everything
i just love how even in the most serius parts of the show they can still crack a joke that will make you piss urself
+you realy ont get the full one piece experians untill the arlong arc
poopatrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 23:34   Link #50
S_C_L-1

hmm... how to put it...

High powered ability fighting without 50 episodes of powering up... with commedy in the same league as Azumanga Daioh... and still powerfull enough to make grown men CRY.

too bad its greatness is equal only to the crappyness of its dub... *sigh*
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 18:47   Link #51
Samourai
Le samouraļ est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
is one peice worth getting into?

im a fan of naruto, samurai champloo, kenshin, bleach etc, do you think i would enjoy one peice?
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 19:38   Link #52
Dual247

i don't know why you wouldn't enjoy it, considering its the best anime series out right now.

and for your sake, stay the hell away from the american dubbed version. its like a completely different series than the original version due to all the senseless editting and crappy voice acting done to the show.

well... enjoy. and give it about 10 eps to let it sink in. when first watching the series, the animation style might seem a bit cartoony and different, but its far from it. so you gotta let it sink in.
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 20:41   Link #53
Samourai
Le samouraļ est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
i see, thanks. I prefer manga, but i also watch anime, ill get a hold of the japanese with subtitles some how thanks.
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 21:53   Link #54
Kid_Flash
Complete Idiot...

Send a message via AIM to Kid_Flash
to be honest i dun really think there is anything special about it.
Kid_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 23:51   Link #55
King Jb612

If you like those animes you will love One Piece. As said before you have to watch about 10-20 episodes before it sinks in and gets past all the intro stuff like most animes

Later on the story gets better, you see better animation and fights and you will start getting used to the characters and soon you will get addcited

as for getting your hands on the episodes the most popular way is youtube, it's fast and you don't need to download anything. The second if not tied with youtube is bittorent. the most famous site for bittorent users is geru sama which do alot of fansubs, they provide all the subbing but u have to download bittorent and its mostly slow for most computers so i'd go with youtube which is what i use

so good luck in finding out if you like One Piece i'm sure you will
King Jb612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 01:21   Link #56
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Pssst - you aren't allowed to name any fansub groups here because One Piece is licensed. A mod will soon come and delete your post if you don't edit it. ^^ (use PMs if you want to give out info)

But yeah, I agree with everything that's been said.

If you like manga, read the manga. There are a lot of advantages to it over the anime, one being that you can catch up to the most current chapters, and the artwork overall is better (especially later on) I read the manga and watch the Japanese version of the anime.

I think you should at least watch through the Arlong Park story arc. If you aren't hooked by then, well, guess it's not for you.
Old 2006-08-27, 01:25   Link #57
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Flash
to be honest i dun really think there is anything special about it.
Then what are you doing here, Mr. Emo-boy lover?

Last edited by Chuixupu; 2006-08-27 at 11:27.
Old 2006-08-27, 03:20   Link #58
KNETTER2000
Rei! What have you done!

Yes, I think it's very much worth getting into.. .. I gave it a shot two weeks ago after reading some very positrive stuff on AS, and from the first time I heard Luffy laugh, I was sold.. that laugh of his, the humor .. unrivaled
KNETTER2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 03:46   Link #59
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
I'll save you a long post and just say 'EFF' Yes! Takes like 30 eps to get started but once it does, it's better than every series you just listed. So yeah...if you like shounen, you'll love OP!
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-27, 04:00   Link #60
Snubben_Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samourai
im a fan of naruto, samurai champloo, kenshin, bleach etc, do you think i would enjoy one peice?
I like all does u listed and one piece is the one i just recently got hooked on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan
I'll save you a long post and just say 'EFF' Yes! Takes like 30 eps to get started but once it does, it's better than every series you just listed. So yeah...if you like shounen, you'll love OP!
30 eps? u kidding me?? it takes like max 5 eps..
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote