Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-05-18, 04:34   Link #41
Ligerzero

any1 stil have AS-Ripper.zip????
Ligerzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 21:34   Link #42
PnoT

Actually there is already a windows based program that works great that will monitor feeds and AUTO dl torrents and activate your default bt client to auto
download the torrent. It basically checks the feed xxx mins and if something
matches the config file you setup then it'll dl it for you. The program is on
http://latest.milfclan.com and i have had it running for about a month. I'm only
having one issue with it and that's the fact if you add a feed other than rss
2.0 it will read the feed and parse it but it will not display the feed listing up
in the top window where you normally see the name of the files. The only way
to get the reader to function properly again is to del the contents of the cfg file
and restart it. I have it working for supernova items as well as lastest.milfclan.com and torrents.co.uk. I've asked the creater to look into the issue but hes a pretty busy guy. If anyone could fix the issue or suggest another program that works the same please fill me in i've been looking for a month now for an update to that rls or another progrie.
PnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 19:13   Link #43
Tefal

Hi there. When I saw that AnimeSuki was offering RSS feeds, I tried to code something that takes advantage of it, but I quickly realized I wouldn't be able to download .torrent files directly with the information given in the RSS feed.

So I used XML
Putting together my programming skills, I made a little app in command line mode that checks AnimeSuki's XML feed for new releases, and when it finds a release that's in a list you gave it (title and fansub group), downloads the .torrent to the directory you want. Unfortunately, it doesn't automatically launch your BT client, but clients like Azureus can auto-download .torrents in a given directory.

At first I made this for my friends and me, but reading this thread I noticed that not much people had done something specifically for AS, which is quite a shame considering the amount of users and the amount of releases here... So I decided to make it available, source code included, to everybody who'd be interested in that overblown script. Be warned though, it's (badly?) written in Java (the only programming language I know enough) but the advantage is that it's working on anything that has a J2SE JVM (besides, it's been coded and tested on Linux, Windows and OS X).

I hope it'll be useful

- Tefal
Tefal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 20:49   Link #44
PnoT

Anyone have some updates on readers lately? I still haven't found anything
to perfectly suit my needs. I wish i could code heh. Anyone else working on
a project to do this type of thing?
PnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 07:58   Link #45
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
After alot of Mails I will put on the AS-Ripper.zip again

so I will create a cutte little website for it just be patient

http://scripter.animesuki.info

will the URL be atm is there no content just be patient and visit it from time to time

// edit website online go grab it post in the forums some request's or just vote for an enhancement

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net

Last edited by SCHADOWFOX; 2004-06-09 at 11:16.
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 14:07   Link #46
abe

There seems to be something wrong with the xml page now.

Code:
The XML page cannot be displayed 
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference to undefined entity 'deg'. Error processing
resource 'http://www.animesuki.com/xml.php'. Line 78, Position 19 

<abbreviation>&deg;A</abbreviation>
------------------^
My php xml-parser doesn't seem to like that degree thing either.

Anyone know why it doesn't work? &amp; and some others works.
abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 14:18   Link #47
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

deg is an "undefined entity" -- that is an entity the parser doesn't "know" how to deal with.
The XML specification only requires parsers to know: lt, gt, amp, apos and quot. (Without declaration that is...)

If deg is to be used it must be defined and it isn't being. We should really define a schema for the XML... which would include the definition of things like deg, but we don't. I guess it's something for GHDpro to add to his "todo" list.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 20:39   Link #48
MatrixSh0cke

How do you edit the tables and such when displaying the feed? When I display it, it's totaly huge and messes up all the other tables in the layout. Any ideas?
MatrixSh0cke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 22:36   Link #49
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
MatrixSh0cke it would help if you tell us what u are using -_-;;

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 18:49   Link #50
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Not to promote klipfolio since I've never actually used it, but someone has created klip for the AnimeSuki RSS. I thought I'd post it here in case it is helpful to anyone. The author recently emailed me about this:

> Hi there,
>
> I use the Animesuki RSS (http://www.animesuki.com/rss.php) to make a
> klip avaible for Klipfolio.
>
> The Klip is avaible here:
> http://www.klipfarm.com/farm.php?page=info&klip=3014 and a mirror is
> here: http://ekiblog.free.fr/animesuki.klip .
>
> Hope you will find it usefull.
>
> EkinoX

Can anyone tell me if klipfolio is a good RSS reader?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 16:01   Link #51
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

The RSS feed doesn't work in FireFox (1.0PR)'s inbuilt RSS stuff, any chance of having this changed/fixed/whatever so it does? I don't really want a standalone client when FF has RSS built in.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 16:23   Link #52
duskphoenix
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai
The RSS feed doesn't work in FireFox (1.0PR)'s inbuilt RSS stuff, any chance of having this changed/fixed/whatever so it does? I don't really want a standalone client when FF has RSS built in.
The auto-discovery stuff doesn't work sometimes, but you can just add a feed manually by going to Bookmarks->Manage Bookmarks->File->New Live Bookmark and copying in the feed location.
duskphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 16:28   Link #53
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskphoenix
The auto-discovery stuff doesn't work sometimes, but you can just add a feed manually by going to Bookmarks->Manage Bookmarks->File->New Live Bookmark and copying in the feed location.
That did the trick, thanks a bunch! ^^ Totally great. This RSS stuff is quite awesome.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 02:25   Link #54
phip

Mozilla/Firefox browsers (and maybe others) have integrated support for RSS feeds, if you give the proper heads-up in the HTML header. I don't know much about RSS, but by visiting EFF.org and viewing the source I found the element that lets browsers know a page has an RSS feed. In the <head></head> tag on EFF.org, The following tag exists:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="EFF News (RSS 2.0)" href="http://www.eff.org/news/index.xml" />

If a similar tag is put into the front page of animesuki, supporting browsers can fully integrate the RSS feed and allow users to subscribe to them. (It's pretty neat)
phip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 16:28   Link #55
deimos

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I have a minor request about the RSS feeds.

How difficult would it be to use the absolute path to the torrent file in the link element instead of directing to the group's torrent directory? I've written a tool to automatically downloads torrents and save them to a directory, but it won't work with the current RSS feed from this site. I'm already using this tool on a few other sites. In conjunction with btlaunchmanycurses, it currently downloads all of the american television shows I watch automatically. It would be neat to be able to do the same with the anime I watch.

Its very alpha right now, but if you want to try it out, its at my website http://kfa.cx/. Its called AutoRSS. Linux console only, sorry windows guys!

If its a problem, I can simply write a translator php script which will simply connect to the XML syndication feed and translate it to RSS, but it might be helpful to others who use similar tools, considering I won't be able to publicly publish any translator page I write due to bandwidth constraints on my host.

Thanks guys for providing a wonderful website!
deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 05:50   Link #56
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

deimos:
See here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21754

You could also use the XML file for now, but that doesn't have a standard format like RSS
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 01:59   Link #57
deadcoat

This might be a silly question but I am using firefox and just added the animesuki rss to bookmarks I just want know if I have to have cookies enabled to update the rss or can I have cookies disabled and update the rss.
deadcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 10:30   Link #58
shuban0

Hey Deimos,
I was wondering if you ever got around to programming that php script, as it seems that GHDpro won't be getting around to adding torrent file enclosure support to the Animesuki RSS feed any time soon.

Thanks
shuban0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 07:07   Link #59
Asperitas

I cant get ASripper to work (it gives a db error, while I am certain that I filled everything in correct!) and could anyone tell me how to get an xml-file displayed on a site?
Asperitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 08:25   Link #60
hhaamu
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asperitas
could anyone tell me how to get an xml-file displayed on a site?
The keyword is xslt. Or you could use some server-side scripting to turn it to html. I'd go for the latter option mostly because I have no idea how to use xslt.

(actually, any browser is fine to me as long as it doesn't use IE's rendering engine...)
Generating the #animesuki stats since 2003
hhaamu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animesuki suggestion, faq, feature request, wiki candidate