AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-07-01, 02:46   Link #41
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
More food for the old saying: no body, no death.
Old 2016-07-01, 03:39   Link #42
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Samuel L. Jackson Somehow Convinced George Lucas to Approve His Star Wars Fan Theory

Spoiler for The Theory?:
That article title is so very misleading. Basically Sam L lamented the fact that Windu died in such an embarassing manner, so Lucas told him, "If you want him to have survived, I'm cool with that." Basically, a nicer way of saying, "Yeah, sure, whatever."

Keep in mind that Lucas doesn't get to decide canon any more. If Sam wants to put the brown cloak back on, he needs to get approval from The Mouse.
Old 2016-07-15, 22:43   Link #43
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Anyone pumped?
Old 2016-07-15, 23:08   Link #44
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am definitely seeing Star Wars going the MCU route, in that they would make multiple spin offs in the same universe that might have different themes from each other. I like what I am seeing, but it is definitely a different kind of Star Wars film.

And to think Josh Trank was going to be the director... I am glad we dodged THAT bullet.
Old 2016-07-16, 01:42   Link #45
rantaid

oh man....! remind me of world war 2 movies. i hope we don't just see the flanderization of rebel scum, but also the machiavellians way of the empire.
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 02:48   Link #46
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

We'll see what the next trailer and stuff holds from us soon enough.

I have hoping for a hint of Darth Vader in the trailer. Even if it is just the breathing. Once theater goers know he's in the film, you won't be able to stop ticket sales.
Old 2016-07-17, 01:30   Link #47
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Darth Vader fights Donnie Yen.
Sold The Movie For Me In ONE Second Flat!
Old 2016-07-22, 02:20   Link #48
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I have hoping for a hint of Darth Vader in the trailer. Even if it is just the breathing. Once theater goers know he's in the film, you won't be able to stop ticket sales.
No doubt I was going to see this in the theater anyway (only one of the series I haven't seen more than once in the theaters was Attack of the Clones, because I literally stopped paying attention to the movie somewhere during the horrible Anakin/Padme stuff), but they had my ass in the seat for opening night for this one the moment they showed the Death Star dish being installed. That is so perfectly a "Star Wars shot", I don't know any other way to describe it.
Old 2016-08-12, 01:48   Link #49
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

The trailer

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Pleased. December seems a way off though.

As the Death Star eclipse the sun....

Last edited by Ithekro; 2016-08-12 at 12:16.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 01:48   Link #50
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The new trailer is out!

Old 2016-08-12, 01:53   Link #51
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Why do I have the feeling the Death Star is going to do a low power test of the superlaser on that planet? Not full on Alderaan level destruction, but enough so make you not want to live there ever again.
Quote:
They won't be able to keep them away now.
Old 2016-08-12, 02:33   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’m amazed that people are still hyped to watch Darth Vader after the prequels . To me, his character is kinda ruined by Lucas & Hayden’s portrayal. Instead of getting hyped for Vader, I might watch Rogue One despite him being in there coz I was interested in everything else in the movie, like "Ip Man vs. Stormtroopers" for example .
Old 2016-08-12, 12:14   Link #53
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

"The Clone Wars" seemed to fix a lot of the issues with Anakin Skywalker in the films.
Darth Vader still remains the most iconic symbol in Star Wars. I am kind of hoping we do get a scene with him basically wrecking the Rebels near the end, just too late to stop their mission, leading to him being in a rather unpleasant mood when storming Princess Leia's ship not to long after this movie ends.
Old 2016-08-12, 12:54   Link #54
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I am surprisingly meh about this one.

I'm sure it will be an interesting story with amazing visuals, but trailers have failed to capture my imagination so far.

Perhaps it's the fact that it's set in a bygone era or the fact that Force Awakens fell so short in the originality department, but it feels like the SW universe is moving backwards instead of pushing for new heights.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 16:08   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
"The Clone Wars" seemed to fix a lot of the issues with Anakin Skywalker in the films.
Darth Vader still remains the most iconic symbol in Star Wars. I am kind of hoping we do get a scene with him basically wrecking the Rebels near the end, just too late to stop their mission, leading to him being in a rather unpleasant mood when storming Princess Leia's ship not to long after this movie ends.
In the end Vader is Vader.

And frankly I still consider Episode 3 to be a good movie. People want to act like everything in the prequels sucked (2 of the 3 weren't good), but they weren't all bad. I'd still put Episode 3 over Episode 7 (which was still a good movie, just copy+past from Episode 4).

So I am looking forward to what we'll get from Vader in this movie. At a time when frankly they'll have the technology to show off his abilities much better than they could in the original films. Don't expect him to be in much of the movie, but be happy to see him wreck some Rebels .

Though still looking forward to it in general. It's a good way just to dip more into the setting and see the impact of the Empire.
Old 2016-08-12, 19:57   Link #56
Maxulous
mono no aware

I liked the Alien vibes from the first trailer more, but this Platoon-like wasn't too bad either.

Looks like this film might have a better sense of scale than TFA. I am tad disappointed they felt the need to shoehorn in the back of Vader's helmet; his breathing would have been enough (InB4 he only appears for 7 minutes).

No Han Solo. Yes.
Maxulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-12, 20:45   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
People want to act like everything in the prequels sucked (2 of the 3 weren't good), but they weren't all bad.
Hey, I’m speaking as someone who like all the politic-maneuverings in the prequels (when many people find it boring and waste of time), love the acrobatic lightsaber-fights (Ray Park/Darth Maul is the man!), and don’t hate the midichlorian explanation of the Force. Yet, Vader to me was still ruined by Lucas’ atrocious dialogues & Hayden’s portrayal. I don’t even mind Jake Lloyd as Vader in Episode 1 coz he’s still a little kid in-story .
Old 2016-08-12, 21:16   Link #58
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
In what respect...? I thought TCW made him even worse.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 02:50   Link #59
Ithekro
The Comet has Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
In what respect...? I thought TCW made him even worse.
TCW Anakin fits better Obi-wan's descriptions of him to Luke in both A New Hope and Return of the Jedi, as well as Yoda's brief description of him in The Empire Strikes Back. You see a man that was a good man (most of the time), was a good friend, and was the best star pilot in the galaxy (even if he keeps crashing ships...they always walk away). He could be a cunning warrior. And he certainly was a very powerful Jedi.

You also see more of what started to drive him more and more towards the Dark Side and his increasing distrust of the Jedi Council and reasons for him to be upset with them. You also see more of a kind man from time to time. The kind of man you can believe Padme would have fallen for. Ashoka describes him as a kind man as well, though she says people would be surprised by just how kind he was to his friends. You can also see a little more of the drive to protect his friends and those he feel have been wronged as a factor for him wanting more power so he can defeat any opposition. He's hatred of slavers comes out again for instance. He is shown to get very angry with those that would harm those close to him. Those that he might consider almost family (and goes over the top when its is Padme, because she now is family). Anakin goes on a nearly murderous rampage to hunt down a gunman that supposedly killed Obi-wan.

And that is probably the saddest part of Anakin Skywalker. He became exactly what he was trying to stop because he was trying to protect those closest to himself, and they all suffered because of it. And he continued to suffer, surrounded by the persona of Darth Vader. By "Star Wars: Rebels" you can see Darth Vader again as Darth Vader. He's still using tactics to maneuver his prey so they will take him to the larger prey rather than just killing them. He did this later with the Millennium Falcon. But we get a glimpse...of Anakin Skywalker, under that helmet, in that series' season two finale. Darth Vader is in control, but there is the briefest look that shows the sadness that must haunt Anakin inside.

TCW also gives him better dialogue and acting.
Old 2016-08-13, 05:13   Link #60
AntonKutovoi

I didn't really had a lot of problems with Episode 3 Anakin (Christensen whiny acting was fixed by the dub and I didn't find dialogs to be too corny. Don't know, maybe it's also thanks to translation. Episode 3 is still my favorite one after ESB) or TCW Anakin. Episode 2 Anakin was indeed quite annoying, though.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, disney, star wars