AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2012-03-02, 13:18   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Ah! My Goddess - General Franchise Discussion

Now that the Ah! My Goddess sub-forum has been retired, this thread can serve as a general thread for all discussion related to the Ah! My Goddess franchise on the whole, whether anime, manga, or other related forms of media.
Old 2012-03-17, 16:45   Link #2
lann

http://lanssidequest.blogspot.co.uk/...volume-20.html
Old 2012-05-16, 20:25   Link #3
KeiichiT

Oh My Goddess - Ah! Geography

Want to know where everything happens in Oh My Goddess?
Dedicated to the real life geography of the series. Nice!
http://omgterran.phm.utoronto.ca/tariki/default.asp
Old 2012-05-26, 10:37   Link #4
runset

Unhappy

...just read chapter 285. I read this manga since i was 10 years maybe. The plot development in this chapter is very big. When i read the new chapter someway or another i just fell sad and my tear just falling down.
Spoiler for chapter 285:
runset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 06:31   Link #5
Freeter
beyond

With this new revelation, I went back and re-read the Peorth arc just for fun and discovered this gem:

FUJISHIMA YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD
Old 2012-05-28, 08:32   Link #6
zerodragon

i never come here, but WOW that chapter blew me away. this whole time everyone has wonder why he never had a strong desire and now we have the answer. I feel bad for bell because her feeling seem to have gain strength for him as well. this may put some distrust until kenich remembers bell's words to believe in her.

the chapter was AMAZING
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 09:47   Link #7
runset

for me, I feel bad for keichi. With all this revelation, he somewhat received a bigger shock than belldandy in this matter. Just imagine all this time the one you loved put a seal to control desire on you and she never tell you about it, if The god system can do this to keichi then maybe all this time his feeling and personality were all fake. For making matter much worse the judge came at a bad time too when kenichi is still hurt and crushed by this revelation.
Old 2012-05-28, 10:39   Link #8
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
for me, I feel bad for keichi. With all this revelation, he somewhat received a bigger shock than belldandy in this matter. Just imagine all this time the one you loved put a seal to control desire on you and she never tell you about it, if The god system can do this to keichi then maybe all this time his feeling and personality were all fake. For making matter much worse the judge came at a bad time too when kenichi is still hurt and crushed by this revelation.
Bell didn't place the seal on him

it is messed up for her as well lets be honest here, Bell in the begining did not love keichi like she does now. she felt no need to tell him about his desire being sealed because it was just for the wish of her staying by his side. the wish had nothing to do with love.

as time went on, she begin to love him and vice-vera. Could you tell someone you love that everything they are feeling is being controled! she at that point couldn't tell him that and destory him and the feeling they both shared.

this is the reason why she told him to believe in her because she knew this revelation may happen, it just that hild told him first in her own way that made it more painful.

Last edited by zerodragon; 2012-05-28 at 10:46. Reason: more info
Old 2012-05-28, 16:34   Link #9
Kyuu
=^^=

Funny. I've delayed my reading of manga in general, and this series is the only one that I am collecting.

But wow. The general rage on this issue... enormous. Based on what I've been reading about this -- from people's comments -- all I gotta say is: "Wow".
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:17   Link #10
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
Bell didn't place the seal on him

it is messed up for her as well lets be honest here, Bell in the begining did not love keichi like she does now. she felt no need to tell him about his desire being sealed because it was just for the wish of her staying by his side. the wish had nothing to do with love.

as time went on, she begin to love him and vice-vera. Could you tell someone you love that everything they are feeling is being controled! she at that point couldn't tell him that and destory him and the feeling they both shared.

this is the reason why she told him to believe in her because she knew this revelation may happen, it just that hild told him first in her own way that made it more painful.
Okay i read the chapter once more and the one who put the seal is belldandy with the kiss but this is heaven's regulation so belldandy as a official goddess can do nothing in this matter.

I noticed that hild stated that the kiss to cancel the contract before is not needed because there are many ways to survive that situation. So from this i concluded that bell want to release the seal because she is in love now and doesn't want to deceive kenichi any longer.(Damn it hild, your explanation is very cruel)

The place where bell canceled the contract is hell, that's why she must be thinking that breaking the seal there is much safer because even the heaven knew about this they will not dare to step into hild's territory. That is why at the end of the chapter all the goddess suprised by the arrival of the judge too.

Now the problem is kenichi, i hope that he can stay rational after this. I just hope he doesn't do or say anything foolish in the trial that would make the both bell and him separated forever. ( This will count as bittersweet ending even when they are separated they still know each other feeling and loved each other until the end).
Old 2012-05-28, 22:19   Link #11
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by runset View Post
Okay i read the chapter once more and the one who put the seal is belldandy with the kiss but this is heaven's regulation so belldandy as a official goddess can do nothing in this matter.

I noticed that hild stated that the kiss to cancel the contract before is not needed because there are many ways to survive that situation. So from this i concluded that bell want to release the seal because she is in love now and doesn't want to deceive kenichi any longer.(Damn it hild, your explanation is very cruel)

The place where bell canceled the contract is hell, that's why she must be thinking that breaking the seal there is much safer because even the heaven knew about this they will not dare to step into hild's territory. That is why at the end of the chapter all the goddess suprised by the arrival of the judge too.

Now the problem is kenichi, i hope that he can stay rational after this. I just hope he doesn't do or say anything foolish in the trial that would make the both bell and him separated forever. ( This will count as bittersweet ending even when they are separated they still know each other feeling and loved each other until the end).
I can agree with some of this, but I dont think she wanted to break it like that, she did state " this is our last resort" because she knew it be a big risk and the judge may appear. I believe he will remember belldandy's words in believe in her to solve the problem. i hope that we don't get a bittersweet ending, I want a ending where they are both happy like Belldandy is made into a human.
Old 2012-05-28, 22:36   Link #12
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
I can agree with some of this, but I dont think she wanted to break it like that, she did state " this is our last resort" because she knew it be a big risk and the judge may appear. I believe he will remember belldandy's words in believe in her to solve the problem. i hope that we don't get a bittersweet ending, I want a ending where they are both happy like Belldandy is made into a human.
Sorry, but reality dictates: this is grounds for a break-up in most instances. Some specialized few relationships may actually survive a crisis like this one. But, for the most part, this is how they end, where some hidden "secret" comes up; and the couple can no longer trust each other.

Just have to see how this ends up.

But, many fans are currently very very butthurt over this.
Old 2012-05-28, 22:47   Link #13
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Sorry, but reality dictates: this is grounds for a break-up in most instances. Some specialized few relationships may actually survive a crisis like this one. But, for the most part, this is how they end, where some hidden "secret" comes up; and the couple can no longer trust each other.

Just have to see how this ends up.

But, many fans are currently very very butthurt over this.
well thank god this is manga so that rule will more than likely not apply to this.

the main reason so many people are hurt by this is because they been follow it for years and to read that it may have been fake love is destorying their minds, not many people saw this coming.
Old 2012-05-29, 16:55   Link #14
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
the main reason so many people are hurt by this is because they been follow it for years and to read that it may have been fake love is destorying their minds, not many people saw this coming.
Welcome to Real Life.

FYI, I am quite far behind on this series; as I collect the English publication, of which, the "newest" I bought is book 33. Looking at Wikipedia's listing -- I'm quite behind.

Now. If this story is to remain "true" to its direction, it has no choice but to keep going now, after this bomb-shell has been dropped. I read the one page about Keiichi letting go of Belldandy. In real life, if a man resorts to that with his woman, then the way things have been is over. That doesn't matter if the relationship is 5 minutes or 50 years. Some type of change is about to occur or should occur.

Now, there are two ways can salvage this situation:
1) Keiichi recovers and takes the plunge: by marrying Belldandy.
2) The pairing moves on their separate ways.

This is an all or nothing scenario. If the story reverts back to the "status quo", then things aren't gonna make sense, and the sting of this recent "revelation" is gonna bite for quite a while among readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
With this new revelation, I went back and re-read the Peorth arc just for fun and discovered this gem:

FUJISHIMA YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD
And for the love of God, the last step is not sex! Despite what many people are saying across the Internets.
Old 2012-05-29, 17:31   Link #15
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Clannad proved you can have a relationship story that progresses after sex.
Old 2012-05-29, 18:17   Link #16
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Clannad proved you can have a relationship story that progresses after sex.
Imagine a Keiichi-Belldandy offspring though.
Old 2012-05-31, 21:06   Link #17
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
And for the love of God, the last step is not sex! Despite what many people are saying across the Internets.
Then what is it? Nuzzling?
Old 2012-05-31, 21:28   Link #18
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

A family most likely, the last base in relationships I think is actually a family. Marriage, kids, and resentment from your Parents in Law.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 15:04   Link #19
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, just read the latest chapter. all kinds of epic there. the trial should be a very very interesting portion of the manga. i don't think anything stupid will happen. he clearly loves her. i just hope its more than the gate we had in the movie. i'm not really upset at this development, but i haven't had a chance to read it in detail yet. just glanced over everything.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 22:46   Link #20
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'd like him to put his case before the big man upstairs. If they go a more traditional-ish route, Keichi would end up asking Kami-sama for his permission right? He'd probably be the one to remove this 'seal', since he is probably the ultimate one behind it? (nb: I haven't read the Manga for a fair while, let alone this chapter.)

Quote:
Marriage, kids, and resentment from your Parents in Law
Well I doubt Belldandy would get that from Keichi's folks, but the image of him getting on the wrong side of Kami-sama or even Bell's mother (the later being the more likely), could be pretty funny. Although I guess Hild would probably fill that role.

Tags
amg, oh my goddess, omg