AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2010-06-03, 23:15   Link #1
Aaerul

Clannad: On the Hillside Path that Light Watches Over (PSP)

Official Another Story Clannad: Hikari Mimamoru Sakamichi de
Can't find much more information on this, a set of two sound novel games that are coming out for the PSP in June.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clannad_(visual_novel)
Straight from Wiki:
Quote:
A set of fourteen illustrated short stories which added to Clannad's story were serialized between the September 2004 and October 2005 issues of ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G's Magazine.[26][27] Titled Official Another Story Clannad: On the Hillside Path that Light Watches Over (Official Another Story Clannad 光見守る坂道で Official Another Story Clannad: Hikari Mimamoru Sakamichi de?), there were thirteen regular chapters and one extra bonus chapter. The installments were written by Key's scenario staff and each story was accompanied by illustrations by Japanese artist GotoP. Two more stories were included when they were collected into a 103-page bound volume released on November 25, 2005.[28] The short story collection was later re-released via SoftBank 3G and FOMA mobile phones produced by Prototype through Visual Art's Motto starting in January 2008.[29] One chapter was released weekly with the SoftBank 3G releases three weeks behind the version for FOMA phones, and a version for au phones was released in summer 2008.[30] Prototype will again be re-releasing the short story collection, this time on the PlayStation Portable handheld game console in two volumes, each containing eight chapters including the original art by GotoP. The first volume will be released on June 3, 2010 and the second will follow on June 24, 2010; the re-release is described by the developers as a "visual sound novel".[31]
Here is a mangaupdates link for the manga, I think.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=22732

Although far from adequate, hopefully with a lot of dictionary work, I might actually give the two PSP games a try. Now if only there was a way to AGTH text from a PSP.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 21:01   Link #2
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

linky linky
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 03:02   Link #3
darktruth

These short stories were also adapted into audio dramas also released by Prototype many years ago. I got all 4 volumes plus the limited artbox last year .

Spoiler for Clannad: Another Story Prototype Drama CDs:

Haven't listened to all of the stories yet but the ones I have listened to were mainly on the last volume where the baseball game is played (this was incorporated into the After Story anime series' 1st episode with some slight changes) and the gang going to a public bath house after the match.

Last edited by darktruth; 2010-06-07 at 03:57.
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 22:17   Link #4
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Well I'll be damned. I knew they weren't gonna kick Clannad to the curb just yet, not with all of the money to be made and us fans hungry for more. However, most of my intrigue comes from the fact that it's Clannad; there really aren't any details worth clamoring over at the moment. I hope we get more information on this soon.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 23:13   Link #5
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
Well I'll be damned. I knew they weren't gonna kick Clannad to the curb just yet, not with all of the money to be made and us fans hungry for more. However, most of my intrigue comes from the fact that it's Clannad; there really aren't any details worth clamoring over at the moment. I hope we get more information on this soon.
Well I'm ok with the game and everything, but I'd much prefer to see it animated after the game is released. I hope we do get an OVA or something out of this.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 23:29   Link #6
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

I don't care how they release it, I just need my Clannad fix.

Though I would much rather they branch off into another series entirely, akin to FMA: Brotherhood. One little OVA isn't going to cover all of that.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 02:06   Link #7
kyosak
poo

I think some of the material from the drama CD's made it onto the anime.

My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think episode 23 of After Story (the one after the series ends) is basically a retelling of one of the events from the drama CD's. The one with Tomoya and Sunohara trying to pull a prank on the freshmen and Nagisa ends up falling for it...
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 17:54   Link #8
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I thought they were from the light novel short stories....>.>
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 02:59   Link #9
Meltyred

This might be very late, but I recently picked it up in CH version and would be able to translate into english, would anybody be interested in reading them?
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 05:06   Link #10
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Clannad Side Story?! Must have details now!!!!!

Who?!
What?!
Where?!
When?!
How?!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 05:11   Link #11
Sumeragi
Banned

Oh my, they actually decided to do this. Can't wait for the Kotomi story!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 07:43   Link #12
Meltyred

Probably will do Kotomi story next (it's quite short) then the botan ryou everything else and last will be Fuko, just because Fuko talks so weirdly and it will be a pain to translate and edit...

Edit: Didn't post it earlier, sorry.
This is my first time translating, there may be errors everywhere...

Spoiler for Chapter1:

Spoiler for Chapter 2:

Spoiler for Chapter 3:

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

Spoiler for Chapter 5:

Edit2: Finally done. Please enjoy!

Last edited by Meltyred; 2012-08-24 at 14:17.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 15:19   Link #13
NeverKnewINeeded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
This might be very late, but I recently picked it up in CH version and would be able to translate into english, would anybody be interested in reading them?
I'm certainly interested in an English translation.

Any updates on how the other story translations are coming along?
NeverKnewINeeded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 03:05   Link #14
NeverKnewINeeded

Not to nag, but is there any progress being made on the translations at all? I searched the Internet and found that only 6 of the 15 short stories from On the Hill that Light Watches Over have ever been translated into English. The rest have remained untranslated for years.
Old 2014-07-04, 11:08   Link #15
NeverKnewINeeded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post

I'm gonna assume you're never going to bother translating this again, considering that you made this post almost two whole years ago and only one story was translated this whole time.

With that in mind...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...I grabbed a copy of the book and will be trying my hardest to translate the remaining untranslated short stories. My knowledge of Japanese is rather limited, but I think I can find someone to help me out with the English translations. Anybody else who feels like contributing to the effort, reply back in this thread.

Otherwise, this is probably going to take a while. And I'll be working on my Clannad fanfic in the meanwhile as well.