AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-06, 11:39   Link #4661
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Give us proof demand is there. Again, research before shit-spouting. I'll have you know that, in Japan, approval of the series has actually dipped now it's been confirmed Lelouch is dead. So unless that is 'demand', of a stupid sort, there is none.
Dream Traveller,
Please provide the proof that the demand isn't there for another Code Geass project, considering how well it was doing before it ended. The creators could do a manga that takes place after S1 because they would not be under any production deadlines. A lot of creators have used the manga/novel approach to tell a series that was originally meant for TV, but was discarded. I can't see Code Geass continuing without Lelouch. And, in my opinion, the series is unfinished because R2 doesn't have the same vibe as S1. The series was originally slated to be 50 episodes for S1.

R2 is a non-factor to me because a lot of important stuff was left out. It doesn't seem finished at all. The first 12-13 episodes, aside from the China-arc, was a repeat of ideas and events from S1. This is unsatisfactory to me because the build up from Stage 25 was no longer there. It was as though it had not existed.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 11:44   Link #4662
NyxOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
NyxOne,
Please provide the proof that the demand isn't there for another Code Geass project, considering how well it was doing before it ended. The creators could do a manga that takes place after S1 because they would not be under any production deadlines. A lot of creators have used the manga/novel approach to tell a series that was originally meant for TV, but was discarded. I can't see Code Geass continuing without Lelouch. And, in my opinion, the series is unfinished because R2 doesn't have the same vibe as S1. The series was originally slated to be 50 episodes for S1.

R2 is a non-factor to me because a lot of important stuff was left out. It doesn't seem finished at all. The first 12-13 episodes, aside from the China-arc, was a repeat of ideas and events from S1. This is unsatisfactory to me because the build up from Stage 25 was no longer there. It was as though it had not existed.
Fixed it for you, since it appears you're somewhat blind.

Well, lucky for you, the Lelouch of the Rebellion manga has started the R2 timeline.

No, it wasn't. Give us proof, without going off-track, that CG was meant to be fifty episodes. Official statements suggest otherwise- that it was meant to end at Stage 23, until Taniguchi decided to make 24 and 25.

Repeated, uh-huh...and? That was solely so new viewers could become accustomed to the series. Are you blind and lacking in rationality?

And the proof is in Lelouch's death. He was the life and soul of Geass. With him being confirmed dead, the creators, though they've left Geass behind, can't pull an asinine retcon. And who wants CG without Lelouch?

And, uh, Stage 25 was a conclusion to R1. It didn't 'build up' anything, and all that happened afterwards was explained in Turn 2. Also:

con⋅clu⋅sion:

1. The end or close; final part.

Comes in handy. If you want a more respectful reply, do find the time to name me for who I am and not for someone else. It helps.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 01:04   Link #4663
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Well I finally watched it and cried a lot. Though it'd have been much much worse if I hadn't been spoiled at another forum.

Anyway, I don't think Lelouch is dead. There's too many questions over it.

1. How did Nunnally see all the flashbacks? She might be able to tell when people are lying but all of THAT in that much detail? I really doubt it.

2. What kinda "farmer" would cover up his entire face? That part is the most suspicious.

3. Why, at the end of C.C.'s statement would she speak louder and cock her head like she's talking TO the driver?

4. Why the heck would C.C. jump randomly into a farmer's cart? XD

5. Why the heck would they have the face masked? If Lelouch is supposed to be dead with no question, why not just show the stranger's face?

If Taniguchi made his interview to be ambigous, he obviously wants the fans to draw to their own conclusions. So they won't riot, I guess. I mean people who think his death held all the meaning would riot, and people who don't want to accept his death (like me) would riot, so this end is probably "safest" for everybody. Lelouch died for fans who wanted him to die and Lelouch lives for fans who wanted him to live.

These kinda endings really drive me crazy though.

But this is better than getting no hints of hope at all like with
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-07, 02:42   Link #4664
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Well I finally watched it and cried a lot. Though it'd have been much much worse if I hadn't been spoiled at another forum.

Anyway, I don't think Lelouch is dead. There's too many questions over it.

1. How did Nunnally see all the flashbacks? She might be able to tell when people are lying but all of THAT in that much detail? I really doubt it.

2. What kinda "farmer" would cover up his entire face? That part is the most suspicious.

3. Why, at the end of C.C.'s statement would she speak louder and cock her head like she's talking TO the driver?

4. Why the heck would C.C. jump randomly into a farmer's cart? XD

5. Why the heck would they have the face masked? If Lelouch is supposed to be dead with no question, why not just show the stranger's face?

If Taniguchi made his interview to be ambigous, he obviously wants the fans to draw to their own conclusions. So they won't riot, I guess. I mean people who think his death held all the meaning would riot, and people who don't want to accept his death (like me) would riot, so this end is probably "safest" for everybody. Lelouch died for fans who wanted him to die and Lelouch lives for fans who wanted him to live.

These kinda endings really drive me crazy though.

But this is better than getting no hints of hope at all like with
Spoiler:
He. Is. DEAD. M'kay? Sad but true.
Points 1 & 3 are disputed here: http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/2...louchs-coffin/

4) She's C.C., I wouldn't be that surprised.

As for the farmer, we don't know. But Okuchi has stated multiple times that Lelouch is dead, and that is the price he had to pay for the Geass. And the ambiguity wasn't meant for whether he was alive or dead, it meant whether u considered it a happy or sad ending
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 07:06   Link #4665
Rolyn
Who hates Priscilla?

good ending and i think lelouche took C.C's imortality to live at the end... just my opinion
Rolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 11:41   Link #4666
Lyla

Thereīs one thing that Iīm thinking about.

At a episode (I donīt know wich) they showed us that the girl wich was suposed to draw a line every day stoped.
That means that the geass power isnīt without end.

So in a few days or years Scheizel will come to his normal self.

I think itīs a good option for a new Code Geass.

Sorry for my horrible english...
Lyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 11:46   Link #4667
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i actually think that it was a rather grave error on lulu's part ot geass shnizel to serve zero rather then just killhim
since anyone who weres the costume is basiclly able to give him orders as if he was zero (how does he tell them apart)
Old 2008-11-07, 11:51   Link #4668
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolyn View Post
good ending and i think lelouche took C.C's imortality to live at the end... just my opinion
Geeze I think so too! Taniguchi probably said he died just to shut the fans up because he was sick of hearing about it and getting hate mail. Besides he said "LELOUCH" is dead but we still don't know if he received the code or not and if he did, he wouldn't be called "Lelouch" anymore, he'd be R2 like in the series title. Thus the statement "Lelouch is dead" wouldn't be false.

Besides I want to know

WHY THE MASKED FARMER!? Nobody has answered that at all. So until Taniguchi comes out and says "the masked farmer is just a random farmer" I'm going to believe it's R2.
Old 2008-11-07, 11:55   Link #4669
NyxOne

Uh...no. It's been confirmed by Okouchi and supplementary material, also official, that he's dead. Taniguchi tried to uphold a veil of ambiguity, but Okouchi spilt the beans. Your precious Lelouch is dead.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 11:56   Link #4670
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Geeze I think so too! Taniguchi probably said he died just to shut the fans up because he was sick of hearing about it and getting hate mail. Besides he said "LELOUCH" is dead but we still don't know if he received the code or not and if he did, he wouldn't be called "Lelouch" anymore, he'd be R2 like in the series title. Thus the statement "Lelouch is dead" wouldn't be false.

Besides I want to know

WHY THE MASKED FARMER!? Nobody has answered that at all. So until Taniguchi comes out and says "the masked farmer is just a random farmer" I'm going to believe it's R2.
Why don't people read other's posts. We have gone through this, I don't mean to be rude, but we have gone through this.

Okouchi has stated that Lelouch is dead

Why the masked farmer?

It was just a farmer!

He was never masked, and we never got to see any details on his face, but it was obviously unmasked. Okouchi has stated that Lelouch is dead, but your in denial because you believe that Code Geass is a romantic anime, its not, Lelouch was simply a chaste hero with a lot of possible love interest because that would make you talk, their was like 5 minor romantic scenes in the entire series.

And before you state that Okouchi was just the writer its made perfectly clear that Okouchi was the co-creator of Code Geass he was just as important as Taniguchi if not more.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 11:57   Link #4671
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
Uh...no. It's been confirmed by Okouchi and supplementary material, also official, that he's dead. Taniguchi tried to uphold a veil of ambiguity, but Okouchi spilt the beans. Your precious Lelouch is dead.
*sigh* It was good while it lasted.

But you should have definitely heard my friends' reactions.
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 12:01   Link #4672
Chiibi

Quote:
He was never masked, and we never got to see any details on his face, but it was obviously unmasked.
It wasn't unmasked. o_o I watched the episode in pretty high quality and it was completely covered.

Leave me alone. XD I will think what I want to think.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2008-11-07 at 12:12.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 12:11   Link #4673
Eliarine

Hum, if you want to believe that the ending left a door open, I suggest you keep it to yourself or just don't mention it here. Yup, that's pretty sad, but questioning his fate here will only get you reactions like those above.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 12:17   Link #4674
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Hum, if you want to believe that the ending left a door open, I suggest you keep it to yourself or just don't mention it here. Yup, that's pretty sad, but questioning his fate here will only get you reactions like those above.
you mean those based on actual evidence and statemets by the people incharge rather then just wild baselsess speculations

never mind the statements and evidence that show that he really is dead
why on earth would you want him to be alive
there is nothing that ruins noble sacrifice more then coming back to life
this is something that sunrise, marvel comics and the bible never seems to grasp
Old 2008-11-07, 12:21   Link #4675
Chiibi

Quote:
Cause.....we like him?

Go ahead and flame me for this but...

Since he is an anime character whose "life" exists on paper, technically he's alive every time someone draws him. XD

Is anyone going to argue with that?

Quote:
this is something that sunrise, marvel comics and the bible never seems to grasp
Being a Christian, I have to disagree with you but we are SOOOO not going down that road...gawd that's the last thing this forum needs.
Old 2008-11-07, 12:25   Link #4676
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
you mean those based on actual evidence and statemets by the people incharge rather then just wild baselsess speculations

never mind the statements and evidence that show that he really is dead
I already stated my reasons for believing both scenarios, I'm not asking you to agree with me. Official sources confirming Lelouch's death is not one bit surprising as far as I'm concerned, I just think they did leave something open. Feel free to disagree but there's no need to be rude.
Old 2008-11-07, 12:29   Link #4677
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

take marvel comics then
its gotten to the point where no one cares when a character dies anymore since its a given (not likely, given) that they would be broght back to life
the result is that no one cares anymore and the plot suffers greatly from it
or take geass
one of the parts i hated most about the last arc (but by no means the only part) was that half the Fing cast was broght back
nunnaly
cornellia
sayoko
gillford
and suzaku (they did make it look like he died, if only for a few moments)
i think the plot would have had much beter impact had the last arc been written with nunnaly dead (since the act of brinnging her back cheapens the effect of killing her off to begin with)
just think how lousy the plot would have been if sherly or euphie were broght back to life
it makes all the events that stem from their deaths totally fucking pointless

P.S
i was trying for sarcastic
if it came off as rude then im sorry
Old 2008-11-07, 12:34   Link #4678
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
I already stated my reasons for believing both scenarios, I'm not asking you to agree with me. Official sources confirming Lelouch's death is not one bit surprising as far as I'm concerned, I just think they did leave something open. Feel free to disagree but there's no need to be rude.
I just do not really understand your logic, so if they confirmed he is dead then how "open" is it really?

On the matter of his death though, frankly I'd agree with blade in that if we take the scene by itself, it was a touching, emotional and noble sacrifice and Lelouch surviving does nothing except ruin that scene. Hell I'd like it if he did not go down that route, as it was a giant cop out in my book but I digress, but he did and as much as I like Lelouch, I'd rather they kept his martyrdom intact and not butcher it with reviving him.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 12:37   Link #4679
Chiibi

Quote:
think the plot would have had much beter impact had the last arc been written with nunnaly dead (since the act of brinnging her back cheapens the effect of killing her off to begin with)
My friend really really really REALLY hated that. XD
She said,
"HOW THE [insert expletive here] DID SHE ESCAPE A [insert expletive here] A- BOMB!?"

Quote:
take marvel comics then
its gotten to the point where no one cares when a character dies anymore since its a given (not likely, given) that they would be broght back to life
the result is that no one cares anymore and the plot suffers greatly from it
Fans-who-want-plot vs. Fans-who-want-happy....ah a neverending battle...
Old 2008-11-07, 12:47   Link #4680
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
P.S
i was trying for sarcastic
if it came off as rude then im sorry
Heh, thanks. It's not everyday people apologize on these boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I just do not really understand your logic, so if they confirmed he is dead then how "open" is it really?

On the matter of his death though, frankly I'd agree with blade in that if we take the scene by itself, it was a touching, emotional and noble sacrifice and Lelouch surviving does nothing except ruin that scene. Hell I'd like it if he did not go down that route, as it was a giant cop out in my book but I digress, but he did and as much as I like Lelouch, I'd rather they kept his martyrdom intact and not butcher it with reviving him.
Yes, I kinda got that. Lelouch did die in the series. Whatever is left open is up to your own interpretation, but the fact remains that yes, he died. Of course official sources are going to confirm that. And of course it makes sense. I just think that there was a tiny little bit left open for interpretation, and that both scenarios are interesting. With that little condition that Lelouch surviving mustn't have been planned, in case I get accused of wanting to "butcher" his sacrifice.