AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-01, 03:37   Link #21
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Taiga and Minorin will be rivals, Ami will be wild card. That's what I feel about the series future.
I get the feeling each girl will try their luck with Ryuuji with the same dynamic you theorize.

Ultimately in the very end, I think Taiga and Ryuuji will be best of friends, displaying something new in the genre not seen very often, where the main male lead and female lead understand true friendship but not necessarily into each other.

Between the other two girls, I think he's more than likely going to end with Minorin because she's just way too precious. Ami is still a wild card.

Kitamura on the otherhand... He'll either be revealed as two-faced as Ami started out, just better at it, or he'll end with either Taiga or Student Council Prez.
Old 2008-12-01, 03:57   Link #22
roan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeitaroNagato View Post

Definitely I'm hoping too....
?

It's already been taken as a given since a while ago that this was going to one series (two seasons) consisting of 25 episodes.
Old 2008-12-01, 11:32   Link #23
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Or maybe we'll just get one 25 episode season.

And episodes 11, 12, and 13 are all one volume. It's not like they can't spread them out some more. Or add content from Spin Off.

Also, for that matter, the presence of a second opening and ending definitely suggests a single season...
Cool, I've been searching for more information so far its all a theory-Speculation. If we do get 25 episode in one season, then there should some type of announcement, so far it's only 13 episode at the moment. Then why would Starchild order 8 dvds when its four episode per dvd? what will be the other dvds contain with then? All speculations and it good guessing whats is coming though ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
?

It's already been taken as a given since a while ago that this was going to one series (two seasons) consisting of 25 episodes.
If it was before, why not posted here then. I try to look around the forum, couldn't find the information, yet I found others around the web. I guess its good to posted it for theories and speculations for first time viewers, after all its just a theory. Even Anime News Network and Wikipedia don't mention anything about a second season, and they are a reliable source for information.
Old 2008-12-01, 16:23   Link #24
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Wiki doesn't give an episode count.

ANN only gives the count for titles, and only information on up to episode 13 has been released.
Old 2008-12-01, 19:52   Link #25
roan

Quote:
Cool, I've been searching for more information so far its all a theory-Speculation. If we do get 25 episode in one season, then there should some type of announcement, so far it's only 13 episode at the moment. Then why would Starchild order 8 dvds when its four episode per dvd? what will be the other dvds contain with then? All speculations and it good guessing whats is coming though ^^

If it was before, why not posted here then. I try to look around the forum, couldn't find the information, yet I found others around the web. I guess its good to posted it for theories and speculations for first time viewers, after all its just a theory. Even Anime News Network and Wikipedia don't mention anything about a second season, and they are a reliable source for information.
US forums or sites don't really have that much information. It's been accepted in Japan long ago that this was a full 25 episode series.
Old 2008-12-01, 20:56   Link #26
typhonsentra

If episode 13 covers the end of book 5 and only 3 more books were written by the time the current season started airing and I'm assuming all writing/planning for the whole season was long-since finished before then... isn't it going to be hard to stretch this out to a full season at this pace (2-3 episodes a book)?
Old 2008-12-01, 21:13   Link #27
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Writing/planning only really matters that much with original works. For an adaptation, it is much easier, as the material already exists.

They could also be working directly with the author, I don't know.

We'll see, right?
Old 2008-12-01, 21:30   Link #28
roan

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
If episode 13 covers the end of book 5 and only 3 more books were written by the time the current season started airing and I'm assuming all writing/planning for the whole season was long-since finished before then... isn't it going to be hard to stretch this out to a full season at this pace (2-3 episodes a book)?

Volume 9 had just been released a month before the current season started, so it's technically 4 more books. The draft for the 9th book should have been finished a bit earlier than the official release also, so the Okada-san should have had an advance enough look to factor it into series composition and script writing.

I'm not sure how production schedule works in the industry, but from what I heard, if the manuscript for volume 10 happened to be finished at this time (unlikely), now would be the time to have meetings with Yuyupo and the staff on incorporating it in the anime for the last few episodes.

Series composition could easily be
11-13 Volume 5 (this is confirmed)
14-15 Volume 6 (maybe 3 episodes depending on where Toradora! Spinoff will be fit in)
16-18 Volume 7 (doesn't seem possible to me to fit this one in just 2 episodes)
19-20 Volume 8
21-22 Volume 9
23-25 Anime original?
Old 2008-12-01, 21:32   Link #29
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Mahou.org listed Toradora as having 25 eps.Even Ilif's blog (qq's group translator for Toradora) stated that there will be a release for a new Toradora's OP and ED theme,and since i'm sure its not a standard thing for a 13 eps anime to have 2 OP and ED themes (mostly it applies to a 24-26 eps anime),so i'm guessing that the new OP and ED will be used for the other unaired-yet 13 episodes.

Quote:
I'm not sure how production schedule works in the industry, but from what I heard, if the manuscript for volume 10 happened to be finished at this time (unlikely), now would be the time to have meetings with Yuyupo and the staff on incorporating it in the anime for the last few episodes.
Thats what actually bugging me...i don't really wish to see an original JCS made ending for TD.
Old 2008-12-01, 21:39   Link #30
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Volume 9 had just been released a month before the current season started, so it's technically 4 more books. The draft for the 9th book should have been finished a bit earlier than the official release also, so the Okada-san should have had an advance enough look to factor it into series composition and script writing.

Hey roan, you are right that our North American information is limited, when it comes to certain information that is not released. It seems you get the inside scoop on things. Hey can you do me a favor, can to you check when will the next episodes be released, or that has not been discuss yet. ^^
Old 2008-12-01, 21:45   Link #31
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Hey can you do me a favor, can to you check when will the next episodes be released, or that has not been discuss yet. ^^
If you mean the airtime date,TD is aired in JP every Wed 2520 JST (+9 GMT),which means that if following the standard time would be Thursday 01.20am JST (+9 GMT).

From my posting time of this post,means the estimation time for the next episode to be aired is 1 day 13 hrs 35 min.
Old 2008-12-01, 23:00   Link #32
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
If you mean the airtime date,TD is aired in JP every Wed 2520 JST (+9 GMT),which means that if following the standard time would be Thursday 01.20am JST (+9 GMT).

From my posting time of this post,means the estimation time for the next episode to be aired is 1 day 13 hrs 35 min.
Cool ^^, I wondering about if roan can get any information about season 2. Based on what u said margafred that means it will be air by tomorrow which is Tuesday for us, and Wednesday in Japan... right?
Old 2008-12-01, 23:02   Link #33
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm praying that Taiga realizes the value of friendship and Ami ends up with Ryuuji, but a better person.

Chance: 5%.

;_;
Old 2008-12-01, 23:11   Link #34
roan

Er, even if you're still asking for info on season 2, it's still one 25 episode series, which is really the norm. There really isn't more to it than that.
Old 2008-12-10, 09:18   Link #35
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Er, even if you're still asking for info on season 2, it's still one 25 episode series, which is really the norm. There really isn't more to it than that.
roan, I'm simply asking you to clarify my question. I maybe an airhead when it comes to the term season, I simply dont understand, I'm just asking you to help me.

To me a season is one batch of episodes aired, when you stated its 25, that means to me that it will be a continuous batch of 25 episode, week after week, up to the 25th week.

Are you stating that, this season will be split in two halves, and that it will continue later on. The first 13th episodes are aired now, while the rest later on. Thats all I'm asking. And I do apologized for being an airhead, I just need some clarification based on how it works on Toradora! anime.
Old 2008-12-10, 17:52   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Japanese series are split into multiples of "cour". A single cour is 3 months: 12-13 episodes. A series may run 2-cour. So Lov*Com, Clannad, and Lucky*Star were each a one run series of 2-cour length. Whereas Kannagi is currently slated for 1-cour.

Its just a reflection of how the Japanese schedule their series. A "season" in english anime-speak has not much to do with the length, only that a season is one complete package of episodes.

Toradora just seems to headed towards a 2-cour length for its season. And the second cour will have a new OP/ED.

Wiki reference:
Quote:
Most series are broadcast for 1 "cour" (3 months, 12 or 13 episodes) or 2 "cour" (6 months, 24 to 26 episodes). With the exception of NTV programs, few titles have longer "cour".
Old 2008-12-10, 20:31   Link #37
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Japanese series are split into multiples of "cour". A single cour is 3 months: 12-13 episodes. A series may run 2-cour. So Lov*Com, Clannad, and Lucky*Star were each a one run series of 2-cour length. Whereas Kannagi is currently slated for 1-cour.

Its just a reflection of how the Japanese schedule their series. A "season" in english anime-speak has not much to do with the length, only that a season is one complete package of episodes.

Toradora just seems to headed towards a 2-cour length for its season. And the second cour will have a new OP/ED.

Wiki reference:

Thank you Vexx!!!

I so much appreciate your explanation. I was so lost with this "season" terminology, I just needed someone to help me. One of the many reasons why I love AnimeSuki, everyone are nice persons in general, and do come and help out fellow-members when needed. I'll give you a big kiss for being such a cool guy* Just don't get your wife after me OK!!! We don't want a catfight in here. He he he he he

Thank you!!!! <3
Old 2008-12-11, 05:59   Link #38
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
JC Staff have tendency to make cours into seperate seasons (look at ZnT) and what is more like to cut important material just to get a conclusion at such cour/season.
Old 2008-12-11, 13:39   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That is true that some companies have a tendency to make the season break into an "intermission" as if the presentation was a two act play.

I'm very curious as to whether the conclusion of this starting arc (school festival?) is satisfying enough to go to intermission on.... but we'll find out soon enough I guess.
Old 2008-12-27, 11:25   Link #40
arriana-corr
UtterNutter4LurpakButter

Crazy Theory of Mine ...

It's interestin but I don't believe it now Ive seen more of the anime I realise it is more simple ;0;

OMG omG omg!!!! >,< Guys.... about this *What Taiga's father did/does to make Minorin so cross, and have that raging argument with Ryuuji? ....*

Suddenly some crazy idea hit me.

Before I explain, please can I make this clear : (Because I hate even the most subtle spoilers, and this is... my favourite anime I have ever watched. ^^) So... Please understand This is my First time with Toradora! I have never had any past experience with the story, and so everything I say is a guess only backed up by what I have watched in the anime so far.

Spoiler for Taiga's Father Theory Spoiler:

Spoiler for Picture of My Taiga's Father Theory:

So... What do you guys think?

Spoiler for After Word SPOLIER:
Closed Thread