jorez
but the kid is not my son

Send a message via MSN to jorez
It can't be helped.

Old 2009-09-25, 09:27   Link #2963
SilentOb
Lurker

Hooray for K-ON!

Phew, that was intense. Credit to Hinagiku and her fans for putting up a good fight.
Old 2009-09-25, 09:29   Link #2964
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Very, very sad for Nagisa. Still, this is not over till it's over

The ones to taste victory will be those who persevere

plus rice is yummy
Old 2009-09-25, 09:30   Link #2965
chaosprophet

Yuiii!! Banzai!! Banzai!!
Old 2009-09-25, 09:32   Link #2966
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Ah what a damned shame. However in the future I can ally with Yui to take out some charas... As for Azusa, revenge will come, just you wait you damned copycat-girl.

As for MS, dolls won, as per usual with them. Rena lost to Kana. It's not like Kana is bad, though, but should Nagi win her match...

Ah some combo info:

Yui/Azusa: 567
Hina/Nagisa: 457
Hina/Azusa: 305
Yui/Nagisa: 243
Only Hina: 173
Only Yui: 143
Only Nagisa: 22
Only Azusa:12

Although I suffered a defeat, Hina wasn't my personal queen in the tournament, my real battle starts today having Taiga battle Maria. Shit just got real, I'm not thinking HnG would just allow two defeats on a row.

Never forget
Old 2009-09-25, 09:36   Link #2967
chaosprophet

English results:

Group E1:
1st 953 votes (50.48%) | Hirasawa Yui @ K-ON!
2nd 935 votes (48.52%) | Katsura Hinagiku @ Hayate no Gotoku!!

Group F2:
1st 885 votes (55.04%) | Nakano Azusa @ K-ON!
2nd 723 votes (44.96%) | Furukawa Nagisa (Okazaki Nagisa) @ Clannad ~After Story~

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
there's still one more year for Hina to try again, but I don't know if she'll ever be as strong as she was this year. it's quite unfortunate that she had to exit this early, but i guess... "it can't be helped"
Oh frustra HnG has a very high chance of getting a third season and probably more later (as there is still a lot of manga content left and the manga isn't even over). So HnG characters will probably be on this for quite a long time.

Spoiler for Manga results:

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2009-09-25 at 11:20.
Old 2009-09-25, 09:49   Link #2968
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974

Last edited by Zeroryoko1974; 2009-09-25 at 10:17.
Old 2009-09-25, 10:01   Link #2969
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

All hail Azusa. On the other hand I never considered Yui as moe.
Old 2009-09-25, 10:13   Link #2970
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Thanks to zeroryoko1974 for uploading the anon posters in advance. here are the other posters:

Extending my congratulations to Yui and her fans. Hina's done for this tournament but there's still plenty of action to be done, and plenty of characters to support. Moving on, my top 5's down to Maria and Koromo. Maria's on deck today, hopefully she doesn't suffer the same fate as Hinagiku.

Curiously Maria also has a match in Manga Saimoe too. lol

Spoiler for today's Manga Saimoe matches:

Last edited by frustra; 2009-09-25 at 10:46. Reason: v2 of Hamu v Minorin poster. sorry D:
Old 2009-09-25, 10:44   Link #2971
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Group E2:
<<西沢歩@ハヤテのごとく!!>> (Nishizawa Ayumu @ Hayate no Gotoku!!)
<<櫛枝実乃梨@とらドラ!>> (Kushieda Minori @ Toradora!) Minorin was great early on in Toradora, I didn't really like num num hamster girl

Group F1:
<<マリア@ハヤテのごとく!!>> (Maria @ Hayate no Gotoku!!) The only really good Rie loli is Tacos from Saki. Nagi, Taiga, and Louise are just irritating clones of each other. Really trap Hayate is the most moe of all Hayate characters, but he is not elgible
<<逢坂大河@とらドラ!>> (Aisaka Taiga @ Toradora!)
Old 2009-09-25, 11:14   Link #2972
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Congratulations to Yui and Azusa, and good job to Nagisa and Hina's supporters. 953 is awfully close to 1000 but not quite there yet. In the end, Yui took the win, as expected, and pretty much guaranteed herself a spot at the top eight.

As for today, it's the only day where I'd vote two Toradora character.

Even the girls want her...
Old 2009-09-25, 12:08   Link #2973
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That was interesting. Almost as high as I expected. Hina and Nagisa fought well, and that is what matters to me. While winning is good, that the fanbases actually cared enough to put out votes makes me happy. It is when a character is suddenly abandoned after a hot streak that this tournament makes no sense.

On two double trouble day.
Old 2009-09-25, 12:23   Link #2974
The Eternal Hijacker

Well, congrats to Yui and Azusa. Also congrats to Hinagiku and Nagisa for putting up a very good fight before going down.

The following matches should be interesting to watch. Will HnG fans respond to Hinagiku's loss? If so, how will they do it and will it be enough to topple the cast of Toradora in the tournament (in one day)?

Picks and Predictions:
Minori and Taiga
Old 2009-09-25, 12:27   Link #2975
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Picks: 2-0 (9-1; 80-58)
Predictions: 1-1 (8-2; 116-22)

Yay Azunyan & Yui-senpai!!!! It's getting closer to 1000 votes. Yui led most of the way, but Hina didn't go without a fight. Azusa didn't totally blow out Nagisa, so that's fine too. Let's hope today's matches are just as good.

Vote: Ayumu, Taiga
Prediction: Ayumu, Taiga

Hayate vs Toradora doubleheader. There should be combo votes from both series, but I think that Ayumu and Taiga hold enough of an edge from past results that they can sneak through. Minorin hasn't really faced any tough opponents so far, so I might be reading her power wrong...
Old 2009-09-25, 12:29   Link #2976
Umandsf
Fanboy of Ai Haibara
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Umandsf Send a message via MSN to Umandsf
Great match.
Picks: 2-0
Predictions: 8-2

Ayumu Nishizawa @ Hayate the Combat Butler!
–VS–
Minori Kushieda @ Toradora!

Ayumi, I’m familiar with. I’m pretty sure I’ve read past her introduction in the manga, and I’ve seen plenty of her in the show. She is kind of cute, but sometimes, she seems (and sounds) a bit annoying. Of course, I haven’t read much in the manga, so I’m sure there’s plenty that can happen. I wonder what will happen when she finds out Conan’s true identity…oh, wait. [rereads] Oh, Ayumu. Never mind. Uh…yeah, not sure about her or her opponent Minori. Um…yeah, Ayumu wins.

Addendum: Now that I read this...it's pretty dumb.

Maria @ Hayate the Combat Butler!
–VS–
Taiga Aisaka @ Toradora!

Hey, it’s a double Hayate/Toradora! match today! Maria…is a maid. That’s all I could really get from the first two volumes. Poor her stuck in the little messy love-triangle thing. For Taiga, I was thinking of doing random stats for Round 1, and one of the things I propose was a Cutest Winner’s Poster ranking. If I did, I would definitely have rated hers as number one. Other than that, I got nothing. Doubt it’ll do anything to stop Maria from trouncing her.
Old 2009-09-25, 12:29   Link #2977
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The hard fight thing also works for Rena in the manga Saimoe. She lost but she gave Kana (Saki) a good run.

Rozen Maidens are still rather active aren't they.
Old 2009-09-25, 12:53   Link #2978
OverFunk
It will never be the year

AS: Ayumu & Taiga
MS: Maria, Yui & Tomoe

\JC STAFF/

I appreciate Maria a lot, but I love Taiga and Maria's fall will have some consequences that fit into my evil plans of taking over Saimoe.

Never forget
Old 2009-09-25, 13:03   Link #2979
Team Rocket Elite

Yesterday's Results:

Katsura Hinagiku - 935
Hirasawa Yui - 953

Nakano Azusa - 885
Furukawa Nagisa - 723

Second highest individual single match vote total so far this contest and she still ended up losing since she faced the character with the highest individual single match vote total so far this contest. To top it off, the character with the third highest individual single match vote total so far this contest won the other match. We had two amazing matches yesterday. Apparently other people felt Yui was the favorite going into the match, but I always felt Hinagiku had the upper hand. Looking at the vote graph, the last six hours of the Hinagiku vs Yui match was a hard fought battle. In the end Yui managed to come out on top by just a little bit. 18 votes is a tiny margin. If it wasn't for Azusa and Nagisa in the other match, I'm not sure Yui would have won. A solid performance by Nagisa to get that close to Azusa. She was never really in the running to win, but I never really expected her to be. K-On is starting to make their move. After displacing Hayate as second place, they're going after Saki.

Today's matches:

Nishizawa Ayumu vs Kushieda Minori
Maria vs Aisaka Taiga

Block E and Block F provide yet another set of difficult matches. All four characters are very close together in strength. Kushieda is slightly weaker than Taiga and Ayumu should be slightly weaker Maria.

Ayumu has already had two tough battles. She barely got by Kunihiro Hajime and Sakagami Tomoyo. Kushieda on the other hand hasn't had any notable opponents. Based on preliminary performace, Kusheida is between Koromo and Index in terms of strength or right around where Ayumu is. Ayumu has more proven feats so I'm siding with her but Kusheida still has a very good chance to win. Looking ahead, Ayumu can't beat a character Hinagiku can't beat so she's gone next round. If Kusheida proves to be significantly stronger than Ayumu, she might stand a chance but I doubt it. Even if you believe in revenge votes, Kusheida won't benefit very much since she herself will have knocked off a strong Hayate character.

Maria vs Taiga is just another version of Ayumu vs Kusheida but with slightly stronger characters and no less difficult to predict. Maria's feats include defeating Ryuumonbuchi Touka without much difficulty. Taiga's feats include smacking around Lynette Bishop and edging out Kawashima Ami. In the preliminaries, Maria was even with Sanzenin Nagi while Taiga was between Yui and Hisa(closer to Hisa). In terms of total votes, Taiga is second place(excluding Round 3 matches) while Maria is sixth. Taiga was fortunate to share match days with Azusa vs Index and Yui vs Rika, though. I'm going to side with the Hayate character in this match as well. It's very close, but I think Maria has the edge. Looking ahead, if Azusa is slightly weaker than Yui or stronger, Maria is out. There is no doubt that Hinagiku is the strongest Hayate character so Maria can't beat an opponent who is on Hinagiku's level. Similar to Kusheida, if Taiga impresses against Maria, she'll have a shot at Azusa. Also similar to Kusheida, I don't think Taiga has it in her.

The matches are a lot tougher to predict when you can't just write down "Saki stomps yet again lol". >_>

My votes:

Nishizawa Ayumu
Aisaka Taiga

There'll probably be a ton of block voting in these matches, but I won't be one of them.
Old 2009-09-25, 13:05   Link #2980
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
AS: Ayumu & Taiga
MS: Maria, Yui & Tomoe

\JC STAFF/

I appreciate Maria a lot, but I love Taiga and Maria's fall will have some consequences that fit into my evil plans of taking over Saimoe.
Hahaha, good luck with that
If I may humbly guess, does it involve Nagi powered by Hina and Maria's loss so that she can break out of group H? If so, then I'm right behind you my good man.

Even the girls want her...
Closed Thread

Tags
anime, characters, competition, saimoe