AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-12-08, 21:34   Link #21
GlassesLady
dat apple

I don't know if it means anything but apparently the movie is expected to boost Nagi's rank in the next popularity poll, which makes it sound like it'll be Nagi-centric.
http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2010/...s/#comment-737

By the way, did we ever hear anything about that live action this after it was announced? When's it airing, anyway?

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 14:30   Link #22
madmac

Quote:
I don't know if it means anything but apparently the movie is expected to boost Nagi's rank in the next popularity poll, which makes it sound like it'll be Nagi-centric.
I don't know if that's so much a spoiler as acknowledgment of the fact that any movie is going to be Nagi-centric unless they're adapting something like Eotw. She is the main heroine of the series, when it's all said and done. Exploiting popular side characters is what they do when they've already made 8 movies and are running out of ideas. (See: Bleach)

That said, I expect Hina or possibly Athena to be given a large role because duh.

Hata did joke on twitter that the movie wasn't going to be "Hayate, THE DECISION." He also said he visited the studio making the movie a few days ago and thought the director was "passionate in a quiet way" or something.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 10:03   Link #23
mitsuganae

I, for one, do not want the end of the world to be nigh.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 12:29   Link #24
madmac

I should mention, the movie director has his own twitter feed up. http://twitter.com/komohide10

Not much there, but from his comments and Hata's comments (someone asked Hata if he was involved in the movie, and he said he was "setting limits") I'm guessing it'll be an original story after all. It also clearly seems to be very much still in the planning stages.

There was one interesting question about using 3-D, and the director said they weren't planning on it right now, and that it would cost as much to make a 60 minute 3-D movie as a normal 90 minute movie, which hopefully means they're shooting for 90 minutes.
Old 2010-12-17, 17:56   Link #25
GlassesLady
dat apple

So an original story, ninety minutes, and.... someone on Twitter has the name 'Sargent Donut". Darn, they beat me to up.

Old 2010-12-17, 18:08   Link #26
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I don't know if that's so much a spoiler as acknowledgment of the fact that any movie is going to be Nagi-centric
I thought he was being a bit sarcastic lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 02:36   Link #27
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I read somewhere that in a radio show Hata confirmed the movie to be an original story and that there might be a third season for this year? I obviously cannot confirm the validity of this info but here is the paragraph posted on a chinese site where I got this info from...any translators?

Spoiler for china runes:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 13:15   Link #28
madmac

I don't know Chinese, but you can listen to the radio show on Nico Nico.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13349727

He definitely says the movie will be an original story. I didn't quite catch what he said about Season 3, but it was enough to create a fair amount of buzz (and surprise) from the hosts.
Old 2011-02-13, 04:55   Link #29
AP24

I doubt there's gonna be a third season this year. It's probably gonna air in 2012 and in Spring just like the previous seasons.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 15:03   Link #30
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I read somewhere that in a radio show Hata confirmed the movie to be an original story and that there might be a third season for this year? I obviously cannot confirm the validity of this info but here is the paragraph posted on a chinese site where I got this info from...any translators?

Spoiler for china runes:
Spoiler for Translation of the "China runes":

Something like that.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 16:03   Link #31
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Spoiler for Translation of the "China runes":

Something like that.
So there WILL be a third season! Thats some good news, seeing how this movie will have an original plot and even characters...im not so sure if I want to watch it that badly anymore since Im WAAAAY more interested in season 3 (JC Staff again!)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 13:28   Link #32
madmac

Quote:
So there WILL be a third season! Thats some good news, seeing how this movie will have an original plot and even characters...im not so sure if I want to watch it that badly anymore since Im WAAAAY more interested in season 3 (JC Staff again!)
I'm not too worried about new characters. I mean, they need some disposable bad guys is nothing else. Hata has mentioned multiple fight scenes (and also, I think, making them change the ending some.) when talking about the movie, so I figure it'll be good for some flashy action sequences if nothing else. Typical anime movie, really--The plot will be stupid, but it'll look awesome.

That said, I am looking forward to Season 3 more. I'm hoping it'll be released in October, given that anime announcements usually don't come out long before airing and Hata has hinted more then once that we'll hear something soon.
Old 2011-02-23, 06:56   Link #33
Wigwams

Quote:
Page 1

Top margin: the theatrical anime will air this summer!! And the live action drama in Taiwan will start to air this spring!!
taken from the translation for chapter 309.
Old 2011-05-15, 09:08   Link #34
Wigwams

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...d-on-august-27

Quote:
News: Hayate, Negima Films Double-Billed on August 27
This year's 25th issues of Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine and Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine are announcing on Wednesday that the previously revealed Hayate the Combat Butler and Negima films will be double-billed together on August 27. The magazines are also announcing the full titles of both films: Hayate the Combat Butler! Heaven Is a Place on Earth and Negima! Magister Negi Magi: Anime Final.

Although the original manga for these two films run in different magazines from different publishers, TV Tokyo aired the television anime adaptations of both. The two magazines collaborated before on a Conan & Kindaichi magazine, a joint cover illustraton with Hajime no Ippo and Detective Conan to mark the magazines' shared 50th anniversary, and the swapping of chapters from Kôji Kumeta's Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei and Katteni Kaizō manga.
Old 2011-05-15, 11:26   Link #35
GlassesLady
dat apple

So what happened with the live-action thing? That was supposed to come out before this, right?

Old 2011-05-15, 11:40   Link #36
madmac

Quote:
So what happened with the live-action thing? That was supposed to come out before this, right?
It got pushed back to June 19th.
Old 2011-05-16, 03:20   Link #37
Mentar
Banned

The movie looks like an original one... Hayate, Nagi, Maria, Hina and Ayumu on the poster, showing them standing in front of a countryside train, with a huge mountain/forest in the background.

Oh, and we have a Class A zettai ryouiki Hina there. So, this is gonna be a must in any way.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 04:30   Link #38
Used Can

Yes, the film was confirmed to be an original story quite some time ago.
Old 2011-05-16, 04:51   Link #39
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
The movie looks like an original one... Hayate, Nagi, Maria, Hina and Ayumu on the poster, showing them standing in front of a countryside train, with a huge mountain/forest in the background.

Oh, and we have a Class A zettai ryouiki Hina there. So, this is gonna be a must in any way.
such a poster, where does thou find?
Old 2011-05-16, 06:03   Link #40
Mentar
Banned

From here.

For me, this is the no.1 chapter preview site for HnG
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote