Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-15, 01:41   Link #581
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
and? and? how about the conversation between Toru and Tokita? I am really curious about that one.

and thanks for your quick summary.
That one I can't figure out.

Oh wait, upon rereading it more closely, there are some details that I misplaced. Let me rephrase what I wrote. This actually puts things in a more sympathetic light.

Spoiler for edited:
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 02:41   Link #582
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
That one I can't figure out.

Oh wait, upon rereading it more closely, there are some details that I misplaced. Let me rephrase what I wrote. This actually puts things in a more sympathetic light.

Spoiler for edited:
Maybe it's just different morals at play here but I still don't see it as that sympathetic.

Spoiler for New chapter:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 03:43   Link #583
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Maybe it's just different morals at play here but I still don't see it as that sympathetic.

Spoiler for New chapter:
Maybe it's only obvious to me because I tried to figure out what they're saying, but if you look at the way Toru and Tokita resolved their conversation, even Tokita realizes quickly that it's a bit ridiculous to blame him like this.

Spoiler for more things from reading the later parts:

Look, I shouldn't have let my partial translations mess with your reaction. This is exactly the kind of series where you should just wait, because there's always some detail missing about why people act in certain ways that the authors will give you later, and me providing just parts of the detail isn't helpful, so I apologize.
Old 2011-10-15, 04:01   Link #584
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Maybe it's only obvious to me because I tried to figure out what they're saying, but if you look at the way Toru and Tokita resolved their conversation, even Tokita realizes quickly that it's a bit ridiculous to blame him like this.

Spoiler for more things from reading the later parts:

Look, I shouldn't have let my partial translations mess with your reaction. This is exactly the kind of series where you should just wait, because there's always some detail missing about why people act in certain ways that the authors will give you later, and me providing just parts of the detail isn't helpful, so I apologize.
Sorry it's not this chapter specifically that made me disappointed, the series just felt like it lost focus with bringing this Tokita problem up after him acting all happy and good after Iris Hunter arc end.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-10-15, 04:11   Link #585
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Sorry it's not this chapter specifically that made me disappointed, the series just felt like it lost focus with bringing this Tokita problem up after him acting all happy and good after Iris Hunter arc end.
That's what I mean. We don't know what might have happened since. Maybe Houjou took a turn for the worse, and Tokita is really frustrated that the one way to help him get back on his feet is to go to "this guy" again.

I probably look like I'm grasping at straws and being a silly fanboi, but I like to give series like these a chance. :P
Old 2011-10-15, 05:49   Link #586
Sixth
Hu Tao

Ok, now who are the weak one? Toru? No way...he is stronger than Houjou by miles. All those cheap talks will not affect Toru at all.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 10:57   Link #587
Sixth
Hu Tao

Ummm...well, the chapter 23 is released.

Overall, it is a nice chapter.
Old 2011-10-17, 11:34   Link #588
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Nice? It's freaking awesome. I loved the backtracking and extra depth.
Old 2011-10-17, 11:39   Link #589
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

So, in 23 Toru easily exposed Tokita's argument and we get to see a more reasonable background to the whole Iris Hunter deal, personally I think that overall 23 has been the best chapter in a while because it revealed many things that wouldn't have been noticed otherwise.
Old 2011-10-17, 11:43   Link #590
cyberdemon

you know. i almost feel sorry for Houjou. He actually seems like a decent guy. it's only ALMOST because of nearly burning out Toru's eyes.

i hope those girls get humiliated later though. seriously, why would you hit yourself just because someone told you off?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 11:52   Link #591
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Best manga period... My favourite manga up to date next to Kami nomi and this chapter well showed many of the qualities I like about it. The characters deal with every day problems which have an interesting take to them, their Iris abilities. Likable characters and situations that can be easily identified with. Most importantly an non wimpy MC.
Old 2011-10-17, 11:59   Link #592
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^There are many awesome series out there u haven't read yet then.. e.g. Mx0 was really good, and you would have wanted to murder the Author (or the JUMP editorial department) for canning it so early
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 12:41   Link #593
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

^ Actually read Mx0 but I think I lost interest after the first 3 chapters and when I found out it got canned early it was mostly it being ended early that made me discontinue it...

But I think that Iris Zero is one of my favourites because I find the characters extremely likable among other things.
Old 2011-10-17, 12:51   Link #594
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^There are many awesome series out there u haven't read yet then.. e.g. Mx0 was really good, and you would have wanted to murder the Author (or the JUMP editorial department) for canning it so early
Offtopic: MxO is a constant complaint but let's be honest, the plot had stagnated for a while and it was no longer doing good in the polls so it got the axe. A lot of people that complain about MxO probably never read it on a week to week basis.

Chapter 23 was alright, still somewhat annoyed by how random this past issue came up though. Hoping the next arc is more interesting.

Old 2011-10-17, 15:38   Link #595
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Offtopic: MxO is a constant complaint but let's be honest, the plot had stagnated for a while and it was no longer doing good in the polls so it got the axe. A lot of people that complain about MxO probably never read it on a week to week basis.
But it looked like it was just about to become good again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
you know. i almost feel sorry for Houjou. He actually seems like a decent guy.
I suppose, but there's a fundamental weakness in him, where he's easily pushed into doing bad stuff.

Quote:
i hope those girls get humiliated later though. seriously, why would you hit yourself just because someone told you off?
They saw a weakness (his delinquent appearance), and they pounced. Generally, people in Iris Zero are not nice.

Though I don't approve of taking it out on Toru, I can see Tokita's point. Society's reliance on Iris can really suck.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 15:41   Link #596
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Chapter 23 was alright, still somewhat annoyed by how random this past issue came up though. Hoping the next arc is more interesting.
It's not really that random. The Iris Hunter arc was the most recent long arc we had.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 17:13   Link #597
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Okay, how come there are so many assholes in this manga? Am I reading Beck or something? But glad that issue ended at least...sort of.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 17:36   Link #598
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Actually, with the extra amount of background and with the fact that the business hasn't exactly gotten a closure on his part, I wouldn't be surprised if Houjo's case is revisited again until he gets his own happy ending or something.

Also, his iris could potentially lead him to see that Koyuki loves Toru, he just need to witness a conversation between the two of them and deduct what's going on from the labels that they paste into each other at the time.
Old 2011-10-17, 18:24   Link #599
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hmm... a flag for Tokita X Toru??? lol
at least they're getting along together

this chapter is just sad... I won't give any respect to Houjou... he's just got a weak resolution.... boo~~
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 19:17   Link #600
Sixth
Hu Tao

I guess there is a reason why Koyuki's Iris didn't see Honjou as qualified candidates. Honjou is just weak-willed person. In this chapter, it shows that having the ability to see something is never a good thing, especially on weak-willed person.

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen