AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-27, 17:10   Link #3821
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Another bunch of impressions:
JustyxNasty: I completed the VN and liked it very much, although it wasn't probably as awesome as other whirlpool VNs. I was surprised that there was no true route, but given that the story was very light-hearted (or hardly present at all) in general, a true route wouldn't fit so much + there wasn't really a "true heroine" to be used either. And a few confessions happened rather suddenly as did the first ecchi scene. Even though the JustyxNasty event was the final chapter of the VN it was nice that it was build up differently in Karin's, Hibiki's and Mikaru's route. The rabu-rabu was lovely.
As for the girls: Likeable and cute. The constant clash between Mana and Kirie was a bit annoying after the 3rd+ playthrough and I wondered why Kiyoharu never commented or "scolded" Mana for her constant chest-size remarks.
Karin's "marry or die" family rule was constantly used in all routes, but her route was one of my most favorite ones. I wished they spent more time on Kiyoharu's sword abiliy sooner than roughly by the end of the individual routes.

Kimi e okuru, sora no hana: Only Matsuri's route. To be honest: If it had been published as all-age it would have been better IMHO. A ghostxhuman relationship isn't too strange given that I enjoyed the Tasogare Otome x Amnesia manga, but the ecchi in Matsuri's route was uhm, too strange. Other than that her route was touching at many points. According to the walkthrough each route except of Ann's route has more than one ending, so obviously I choose only those endings where the "title" in the walkthrough sounds like the happy ending .
Spoiler for Matsuri Ending:
. It was also nice that her story has a direct connection with the MCs ability to interact with ghosts.
I'm extremly wary of Sekka's route as her vndb character description has a yandere tag . The not-so-good: The MC is rather too passive or reactionary. I don't mind that he's ignoring the ghost-seeing-ability normal in every sense, but it hasn't seemed like he does much at all. I'm looking forward to Ann's route and maybe Kanna. Hinagiku's general impression is too much tsun-tsun and cold with no sign of dere-dere in the common route

Natsuzora no Perseus: . Ren's and Ayame's route were bad and the ecchi felt in general randomly placed. I can't even find the words to express it. Ayame's started out nice, but the major part of it surrounding her change in character (which was explained fine enough in-verse) just felt bad for me. And Ren's route, the blood-related sister, was somewat creepy. The incest relationship was simply not developed how I prefered it even for a more heavier/serious-toned brotherxsister route. At least when she finally vented her built-up feelings and painful thoughts out, was done quite impactful.
Sui's route was in that regard more normal despite that the confession -> ecchi order was reveresed. Her drama felt a bit lame, but more acceptable. I hope the final route aka Touka's will be the "highlight" in a positive way.

Edit: Finished Natsuzora no Perseus. And my opinion is more or less the same. Touka's route was the highlight of the VN. From the other three routes Sui's was still normal and thus better.

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-12-28 at 09:26.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 09:37   Link #3822
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Anyone here plays Hyakki Yakou?
Old 2013-01-09, 10:24   Link #3823
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Stuff arrived

Limited edition version of Natsuzora no Perseus (which i already finished reading)

and the 2nd drama cd of Hatsuyuki sakura (didn't have the time yet to listen)

Also for the people who missed out on the c83 merchandise from pallete, you can order some of it on the 18th of january on their homepage.
Eventhough i have already bought the dakimakura of Sana plus a cd from japanese auctions

edit: i really love fedex for it's speed

Today the limited edition of the Hatsuyuki sakura drama cd (yes, i bought 2 cd's both the regular and the limited edition version with a poster and a wallscroll) , Aete Mushisuru Kimi to no Mirai drama cd and a christmas illustration artbook

Last edited by hyl; 2013-01-10 at 04:45.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 09:23   Link #3824
hyl
reading #hikaributts

My first comiket 83 item that i ordered has arrived

I am anxious to find out what the content of the cd is.

Also i finally got the time to listen to the 2nd Hatsuyuki Sakura drama cd and it was full of fanservice for Sagaplanet's fans with lot's of references to both the original game as to their older games.
Spoiler for some cameo or references spoilers, but there were more though:

The 2nd drama cd was more fun to listen than the first one, but unlike the first drama cd this one doesn't canonically fit in with the main game.
Old 2013-01-16, 21:32   Link #3825
larethian

I happened to see this video on August's channel:

Anyone feels extreme nostalgia?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 15:31   Link #3826
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Anyone feels extreme nostalgia?
That is one hell of medley

Only have experience with FA, Yoake, and Eustia so can't really say having EXTREME nostalgia there

Playing through Dai Toshokan no Hitsujikai now, unlike Eustia I went blind into this without watching any trailer or reading any synopsis. Common route is fun and lots of amusing moment, but why the hell you can't go into Nagi route immediately , not saying the other girls are bad though.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 17:49   Link #3827
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Hanihani was the first game I bought and Yoake's Mai remains one of my fav imouto charas, so thanks for the medley link ^o^
Old 2013-01-30, 15:26   Link #3828
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

As I completed most routes in August's latest title, so like usual my bunch of impressions. It *should* be spoiler-free outside of its respective tags, of course.

- The common route was fine and had nice amounts of comedy. The general interactions between Kyoutaro and Kana and Kyoutaro and Senri was quite well-done and the former's a funny mix of comedy. As usual I have nothing much to complain about the heroines: Their deredere-moments, which appear frequently were cute.
- Kyoutaro was also a nice change for an MC: An extreme book-a-holic/bookworm, smart and can read the reactions of others well. For plot-reasons or not, it was nice to see how he became more "social" even though it depends somewhat on whether you go for a girl's normal end or one of the true ends after 2nd+ run
- All normal routes felt rather normal. You had, fortunately, non-dragged out drama. For some reason Senri's route felt longer until the confession occured, thus the h-scenes also appeared more rushed IMHO.
- During the normal routes, the supernatural element, which was introduced in the beginning, was very rarely utilized and receives only importance during the "true common route" (self-created name ) aka 2nd run+ after the opening played for the second time.
- IMHO August did a fine job in also developing the side characters fairly, should you choose to venture in their respective story. Not like Lovely Quest where you got simply the h-scene.
- True routes vs. normal routes: Except of Tsugumi, August decided to let Kyoutaro use the first-name-basis post confession during the normal individual routes, but not during the "true" routes. It's no big deal, but for me always a bit head-scratching. In addion pre-confession the "true" route(s) were for the main heroines largely the same except of ~ two individual scenes. Maybe the name "true end" is for the main girls just misleadingly chosen by the walkthrough writer.

Conclusion: Personal preferance, but similar as with Fortune Arterial I prefered the normal ends more than the second ending(s), just that it's in this case due to the "better" individual feeling. The individual drama should be forseeable without much trouble given the hints that appeared already in the common route. It's hard to give a girl-rating as all of them had *awww*-moments, but I've grown a soft spot for Kana .

And I'm done with the appendix routes for Hatsukoi 1/1. Simply due to the (obvious?) large amount of icha-icha and couple moments they blew away their counterparts in the regular game, even though Kyou's regular route was imho solid enough. As I said many posts ago, Maya's what-if-outcome should have been her regular route conclusion.
According to Micchi's blog there's no appendix for Runa and Midori(?), which can make you think how much the writers liked Runa's route themselves
Old 2013-01-30, 17:24   Link #3829
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
According to Micchi's blog there's no appendix for Runa and Midori(?), which can make you think how much the writers liked Runa's route themselves
They said it on their Twitter account and I sent them a sad-faced reply in hopes that Runa wouldn't get shafted again. But they just told me to look forward to Yukino's after story instead. I guess I'll have to make do with Runa's ofuro scene. T_T

Runa...
Old 2013-01-31, 16:46   Link #3830
Aer0gam3r

I had forgotten that there was extra content for Hatsukoi 1/1. Not sure how many append routes there are...found 3 so far (Maya, Kyou and Yukino)

Sorry Micchi, but I'm GLAD that it seems like Runa won't ever rise up again. Her route was just AWFUL.
Aer0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 17:35   Link #3831
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aer0gam3r View Post
I had forgotten that there was extra content for Hatsukoi 1/1. Not sure how many append routes there are...found 3 so far (Maya, Kyou and Yukino)

Sorry Micchi, but I'm GLAD that it seems like Runa won't ever rise up again. Her route was just AWFUL.
I can't disagree with you on that. Her route was downright horrendous and did her no justice. I was hoping that at least they'll give us something nice now that all the pointless drama was over with, but nope. Being Runa is suffering.
Old 2013-01-31, 17:47   Link #3832
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@Aer0gam3r: That's being put too harsh. I mean they managed to make those three appendix routes *drama free*, so why shouldn't they be able to create one under these condition(s) for Runa theoretically as well? We all know her route was a big slump of depression and kicks in the groins, but that exactly why an appendix route would have served as the much needed icha-icha reward.

Anyway, I finally decided to start playing the fan-translated Period by LittleWitch and its common route so far has been very enjoyable. Kohane definitely has rocked those parts for me with her cute moments, warm personality and *hnnnnnghhhh*-factor Followed by Miyu's dere-dere. And while I usually am not *that* fond of the violent childhoodfriends, Asahi does a good job and I found myself laughing at her interaction more than I thought. In contrast to Rin, who's been more annoying by now

Secondly: Sorahane's Aqua after my liking of Sakura sakimashita. It has its respectable share of serious moments throughout the common route and I read a short youtube comment about the dramatic moment(s) of the heroines. So, I'm prepared, yet still venturing carefully into it.
Old 2013-01-31, 18:48   Link #3833
Aer0gam3r

@Mahou Along with hating Runa's route, I find her personality to be very annoying. I don't think any amount of icha icha would be able to change my impression of her. Another note, I saw that you played most of the routes for August's latest game. I was thinking of playing it myself, but the setting of the game seemed a little weird. What would you give it out of 10?
Aer0gam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 02:21   Link #3834
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Ah~ if it's also Runa herself you didn't like, then that's understandable.
@Daitoshokan: Uhm, I'm uneasy in giving scores due to my easy-to-satisfy "nature" regarding VNs, but let's see ... Maybe something around an solid 8. I enjoyed my time due to the character interactions, the rabu-rabu (for the normal routes) and some nice comedy parts.
IMO, it's a bit useful to seperate the vn in my afore-mentionend normal endings as well as Nagi's + 2nd endings: If you love drama the normal routes won't satisfy you (enough), whereas there's a bigger shared story, which turns more serious, during Nagi's route/the second endings (seeing that the latter branches off of her route).

Edit: Finished Nanari's route of Aqua. For one you feel somewhat bad/sad for Chisa and Nanari's drama had quite an impact, even though you didn't receive a full explanation of everything. On to Rin's route!

Last edited by Mahou; 2013-02-01 at 13:07.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 15:59   Link #3835
Aer0gam3r

Nothing wrong with having an easy-to-satisfy "nature". Actually I think I'm also like that, which is probably a huge plus because there's a lot of stuff out there for me to play ^^.

Anyways based off your description of the game, I'll probably play Daitoshokan eventually. However it's VERY unlikely to be my next game; I'll probably play Kono Oozora or witch's garden next.
Old 2013-02-03, 16:38   Link #3836
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I can warmly recommend Witch's Garden. The female cast has many, many diabates-causing moments post-confession, that there's a risk of getting a sugar shock .
@Kono oozora: Reminds me, that I still haven't finished Kotori-chan's route in the original game. Even though the savefile isn't on my laptop here, starting again on her route might be nice (next to learning for exams *cough*).

Anyway: I finished Sorahane's Aqua. To start off: Given the the route progressions, if one doesn't like Chisa the VN somewhat looses it's major story focus.
The VN itself was pretty serious while making sure to maintain a normal atmosphere from time to time and before the individual drama starts on the three routes that are available first. Heck, Rin's route didn't even has a "good end" and you were like " NOOOOO" Chisa's route ended without spoiling in a cliffhanger. And Nanari's was in that regard the most happy ending . Those three routes belong to the "Winds" main route.
After those three are done, you'll access Luka: Mostly a (quite tragic) flashback about the important side characters and to link to
Aqua: The final big route where everything will be revealed and concluded. For most of it it's full-on serious mode.
Mahou's recommended route order: Nanari or Rin > Chisa > (Luka > Aqua). With Chisa's at last spot the progression from what I understood felt more natural/coherent.
Personal conclusion + random: Many serious up to tragic moments (depending how much you care or relate to the characters), sweet kiss-Cgs and a beautiful OST (OP and ED are simply good to me). Main cast is nice, but you'll hear lots of "ehehehe" from Chisa and I mean really a lot of it. Personally, Nazuna's VA was somewhat painful to my ear, which lessened her character performance in my book. Tons of IT-esque high-technology terms. Three h-scenes per girl + 1 for the flashback route. And sadly no Kaede route!
Old 2013-02-07, 20:12   Link #3837
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Currently playing Dracu-Riot with the partial patch, and without a walkthrough or flowchart to consult, a question bubbled up... does the common route continue after chapter 4-7? Or does it end with the one month feast and is it character routes all day, every day from then on?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 20:24   Link #3838
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Currently playing Dracu-Riot with the partial patch, and without a walkthrough or flowchart to consult, a question bubbled up... does the common route continue after chapter 4-7? Or does it end with the one month feast and is it character routes all day, every day from then on?
The common route ends at that point, but if the game ends after 4-7 (completely possible, from what i recall) then you messed up on picking a route.
Old 2013-02-07, 23:44   Link #3839
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Say, I've been browsing my old games and got reminded about something.

What's Purple Software currently working on? Have they make a Mirai Nostalgia fandisk for a Kanata route?
Old 2013-02-08, 04:02   Link #3840
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Say, I've been browsing my old games and got reminded about something.

What's Purple Software currently working on? Have they make a Mirai Nostalgia fandisk for a Kanata route?
Their upcoming game is Hapymaher and it supposed to be released this month, no fandisk for Mirai Nostalgia though.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel