Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-11-19, 03:17   Link #7581
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Not clothesline Brees with a bicep to the neck...

Keep in mind that gif is slowed down and looks horrific, in real time that hit was even worst...Again, I get it, but it's 100 out of 100 if the QB takes a violent bicep to the neck...

Also we held the 49ners to under 200yards and 12 first downs...No guarantee the game was over...Sean Payton's clock management this game was almost sublime for him...

Currently: trying to go against panthers, but my hatred for the Pats is like Talib's hate for Smith or Smith's hatred for anything his eyes see...
How can Brooks change his hit point when Brees ducks under at the last second? Quote the rest of my statement next time.

It's just the era we live in with football now. The lawsuits mounting up and wanting to protect marquee players that bring in the big bucks. A team like New Orleans has a lot of leverage. And yeah no guarantee the game was over, but with a present like that you might as well gift wrap it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 03:41   Link #7582
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Hah, we got away with one for once.
On the contrary, Panthers did great!! Their defense is legit, and the offense is coming together nicely as Cam once again shows he is a genuine quarterback. This team is going to be a match up nightmare for most marquee teams for this season as it stands.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 07:58   Link #7583
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am really thinking that the NFL should fined referees who mess up plays or if they are incompetent. I am not a fan of the Patriots or 49ers, but I believe all teams deserves the right call. Its high time that players should fight against the referees.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 09:41   Link #7584
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/11/19...the-final-play

*shrugs*

And referees are punished when NFL reviews games and deems calls grossly unfair, usually a demotion. Firings do happen as well. They don't walk around scot-free season after season. Fact of the matter is, referees are humans watching at game speed and there will be lots of bad judgement calls, so until there are computers throwing flags on the field or NFL decides to make flags reviewable (which are both bad ideas), we (me included, being a fan of a small market team. Lord knows I have had fits complaining of refs being market biased) are going to spend forever bitching about refs.

I'm just glad the Panthers, for once, came out on the good end of the deal because I know that I'm going to be complaining about refs again pretty soon.

Last edited by Dilla; 2013-11-19 at 09:54.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 10:07   Link #7585
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

complaining about the refs is America's real favorite past time
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 10:15   Link #7586
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
complaining about the refs is America's real favorite past time
They actually joked about that a bit on Sleepy Hollow a week or two back. Granted, it was for Baseball, but the implication still stands.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 13:40   Link #7587
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Latest Mock Draft Order
Mock Draft Order after Week 11
Old 2013-11-19, 21:06   Link #7588
sky black swordman

^ So, the Raiders are still at 10.
Old 2013-11-20, 00:16   Link #7589
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
How can Brooks change his hit point when Brees ducks under at the last second? Quote the rest of my statement next time.

It's just the era we live in with football now. The lawsuits mounting up and wanting to protect marquee players that bring in the big bucks. A team like New Orleans has a lot of leverage. And yeah no guarantee the game was over, but with a present like that you might as well gift wrap it.
That's the same $hit I said about Bountygate and was scoffed at ...

Moving on, dude i know this is a heart over eyes situation...It's the same thing that made Ray Lewis and Teddy Brusci say that they are going to pay Brooks' fine, but if you watch that play and don't see Brees basically being slung down to the ground by his head and neck i have no words for you..

Ok, I do have words^^, go here...

Maybe you saw the explanation maybe you didn't (Its near the bottom of the page), but *uck the fact that Brooks clotheslines Brees as his bicep extends from the chest to the neck, just look at END OF THE PLAY when he discards him by his head and neck, just THAT, directly or indirectly is not gonna fly on a QB...Make sure you watch at the 1:27 mark of the clip, because even if I give you the "He just hit the chest", the end of the play is still contact to the head ...

Honestly, emotions aside, this is one of the easiest roughing calls this year...I'm amazed that someone can watch this clip and say Brees wasn't roughed..

I'd eat the $hit outta that flag if we did that to Kaep...

Now the Carolina flag, that's a little different...I don't believe that ball was catchable, but the official did throw his flag, so its gotta be obscenely obvious if you're going to pick it up, but fugthepats...
Old 2013-11-20, 07:44   Link #7590
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That's the same $hit I said about Bountygate and was scoffed at ...

Moving on, dude i know this is a heart over eyes situation...It's the same thing that made Ray Lewis and Teddy Brusci say that they are going to pay Brooks' fine, but if you watch that play and don't see Brees basically being slung down to the ground by his head and neck i have no words for you..

Ok, I do have words^^, go here...

Maybe you saw the explanation maybe you didn't (Its near the bottom of the page), but *uck the fact that Brooks clotheslines Brees as his bicep extends from the chest to the neck, just look at END OF THE PLAY when he discards him by his head and neck, just THAT, directly or indirectly is not gonna fly on a QB...Make sure you watch at the 1:27 mark of the clip, because even if I give you the "He just hit the chest", the end of the play is still contact to the head ...

Honestly, emotions aside, this is one of the easiest roughing calls this year...I'm amazed that someone can watch this clip and say Brees wasn't roughed..

I'd eat the $hit outta that flag if we did that to Kaep...

Now the Carolina flag, that's a little different...I don't believe that ball was catchable, but the official did throw his flag, so its gotta be obscenely obvious if you're going to pick it up, but fugthepats...
If it's one of the easiest calls of the year then why has it sparked controversy and made the headlines of sports blogs and websites and served as conversation among the media outlets? Probably because it isn't as simple a call as you believe it was. You have former quarterbacks like Steve Young and Trent Dilfer thinking it was a horrible call.

I don't think it's a heart over eyes situation at all. I could say the same thing about you defending the call yourself. Yes I've seen and read the official's ruling on the play. They claimed they made the right call like they always do regardless of the outcome. This isn't surprising.

As for Brooks getting his hand under Brees as Brees was falling to the turf, he has no control over that. He can't smack Brees with such force and control how he crawls and balls up on the ground. Just as he can't control Brees, an already short quarterback, ducking at the last second and further lowering the hit point.

And Kaepernick is 6'4''. Chances are that he isn't going to get the forearm as close to the head if he's hit by a linebacker with the same build as Brooks.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 15:53   Link #7591
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It may be a little force of a discussion, but I am just wondering about Geno Smith this season. Take a look at the link and share your thoughts.
Article

I am wondering that is it too early to call him a bust?
Old 2013-11-21, 16:11   Link #7592
GDB

Yes, it's too early to call someone a bust in their rookie season. Otherwise, Peyton Manning would be a bust.
Old 2013-11-21, 20:23   Link #7593
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

This is a dangerous game I think...Saints just endured their most physical game of the season, we got like five injured and playing three days later (eff u Goddell)..I know we're looking toward Seattle...To me we need to EAT CLOCK, run Mark Ingram (Yes I said that because he's fresh)...Sproles is out, we need to just get out of here with a win by any means against ATL...This is their Superbowl, which is crazy, but true...

Just get by with a victory, and then the championship level game with Seattle can commence...
Old 2013-11-22, 00:24   Link #7594
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Who Dat, Who Dat, Who Dat say dey gonna beat them Saints,Who Dat...♫♫

satirical analysis to come...

maybe^^...
Old 2013-11-22, 08:05   Link #7595
GDB

Brees gets hit in chest, arm slides up to neck area during the tackle - wingdarkness goes ape$#!t despite getting a flag.

Matt Ryan gets a forearm to the facemask, as the initial hit, and doesn't get a flag - wingdarkness parades around like his team just made the Super Bowl.

Yeah, there's no bias in your posts at all. At least show some god damned consistency if you're going to complain about crap.
Old 2013-11-22, 09:03   Link #7596
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That is a glaring lack of consistency...As much as I don't like Atlanta, that is one messed up non-call....

From a local standpoint, tackling around the neck is a hot issue in the AFL too. But the person being tackled is usually a sneaky bastard about it these days. They will intentionally bait a tackle around the upper chest region and duck so that they get slung around the head and get the call in their favour. Head protection is important and justified, but...I hope the situation in the NFL does reach what presides in the AFL. All the ball carrier has to do is duck and the call goes their way. And unlike in the NFL, AFL players are unable to target the legs at all, even for a light tackle.
Old 2013-11-22, 09:49   Link #7597
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Brees gets hit in chest, arm slides up to neck area during the tackle - wingdarkness goes ape$#!t despite getting a flag.

Matt Ryan gets a forearm to the facemask, as the initial hit, and doesn't get a flag - wingdarkness parades around like his team just made the Super Bowl.

Yeah, there's no bias in your posts at all. At least show some god damned consistency if you're going to complain about crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
That is a glaring lack of consistency...As much as I don't like Atlanta, that is one messed up non-call....

From a local standpoint, tackling around the neck is a hot issue in the AFL too. But the person being tackled is usually a sneaky bastard about it these days. They will intentionally bait a tackle around the upper chest region and duck so that they get slung around the head and get the call in their favour. Head protection is important and justified, but...I hope the situation in the NFL does reach what presides in the AFL. All the ball carrier has to do is duck and the call goes their way. And unlike in the NFL, AFL players are unable to target the legs at all, even for a light tackle.
I am just wondering, if the NFL allows coaches to have personnel in a booth room with computers to assist on challenges.

How come the NFL doesn't allow assistant referees in their own booth box to assist the referees on the ground to make the correct call or call penalties that are not called?

Its commonsense right?
Old 2013-11-22, 09:50   Link #7598
GDB

One would think. You'd also think it'd be allowed to use a challenge flag to challenge a non-call, but alas...
Old 2013-11-22, 09:54   Link #7599
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
One would think. You'd also think it'd be allowed to use a challenge flag to challenge a non-call, but alas...
Is commonsense thrown out in the NFL?
Old 2013-11-22, 16:34   Link #7600
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Common Sense is a super power.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports