AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-08-07, 10:14   Link #11141
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Although I wouldn't like Sairaorg using a Malebranche.
Using them would be again his character but in part he already have put his pride and his rule of using just his body aside when he accept to use Regulus's power.

The only possible case in which he could accept to use them could be when the life of his mother, half-brother and peerage's members would be in danger and The Breakdown The Beast's form is already show to don't be enough again his possible opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
There was the training Sun Wukong did with Issei and Vali in Volume 17.
It can be, also considering that Sairoarg is a Touki user maybe Wukong could teach him something.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-08, 20:04   Link #11142
Dareal_truth

If you guys had the power to rewrite Shin 4 how would y'all done it? Personally it'll have Ophis talking to Vali one last time [ before she goes to the other side] and hades bring out samel but igvild is there to help and have ise get beat up by balberth but have ise explain to him he should choose what life he wants and did ophis says her goodbye too ise

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-08-08 at 20:23.
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-08, 20:22   Link #11143
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
If you guys had the power to rewrite Shin 4 how would y'all done it? Personally it'll have Ophis talking to Vali one last time [ before she goes to the other side] and hades bring out samel but igvild is there to help and have ise get beat up by balberth but have ise explain to him he should choose what life he wants
No Meredith and no Alphecca Tyrant.

No going to London. Just have them assault the Netherworld.

No fake Heavenly Dragons.

Issei fighting Balberith. Vali and Fenrir fighting Hades and Angra Mainyu with Hades using Samael.

More interesting abilities for Hades. Major Greek god, Top 10 being, and god of the Netherworld and all he gets is typical aura blasts and teleportation? He should have had major HAX and Ishibuni knows he could have done better.

Arthur and Strada each fighting one of the Ultimate-class devils that became Maou-class. They're supposed to be two of the strongest humans. Ishibumi should show it. Leave the other three to Lavinia, Magnus Rose, and Lint.

Have Issei get True DxD through Ingvild singing.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-08, 21:06   Link #11144
Dareal_truth

I love this scenario but against Arthur and Strada I'm guessing you talking about the devils in shin 3 that will be interesting mix mash so ophis would have to go? Because he can't awaken TDXD without the infinity but I love ingvild having a op role to play and most likely will adapt to Balberith abilities while helping ise at the same time

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-08-08 at 22:14.
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-09, 05:43   Link #11145
Xuanwu

Nice ideas. Honestly, just removing the Alphecca Tyrant plot device bullshit and giving Hades better abilities would have made the volume better.

I also don't think Ishibumi should have killed off Great Red, especially in that manner. It's typical worf effect, which is never really a good thing.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-09, 06:39   Link #11146
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Vali and Fenrir fighting Hades and Angra Mainyu with Hades using Samael.
Considering the power Hades has show using Samael would have been too much.

I don't wonder why Ishi make Hades forgot that he could count on Samael since his power would have make the Hell Gods to much in advantage.

Samael was like Leonard's Longinus, after having done his task he get not involved in the plot anymore since his power make him a threat so big that he should use just in some situations.

Quote:
More interesting abilities for Hades. Major Greek god, Top 10 being, and god of the Netherworld and all he gets is typical aura blasts and teleportation? He should have had major HAX and Ishibuni knows he could have done better.
I agree on this, he is the God Of The Netherworld he should have some sort ability that involved the death and the souls.

Quote:
Arthur and Strada each fighting one of the Ultimate-class devils that became Maou-class. They're supposed to be two of the strongest humans. Ishibumi should show it. Leave the other three to Lavinia, Magnus Rose, and Lint.
You know considering that Strada was having the advantage even again Vali EOJD and Nerfed Fenrir and that was said that god like beings were scary by strenght he show in the Azazel Cup beating a Maou Class devil for me isn't so much so impressive from him.

But I'm agree that Ishi should have show up those 5 Ultimate Class devils with the potential of be Maou Class.

I'm afraid he have forgotten about them, such a waste.

Quote:
Have Issei get True DxD through Ingvild singing.

I dunno about this.

Quote:
[D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost! D∞D Boost!!!!!!!]

From my jewel, a completely new voice that I’d never heard before echoed loudly! At the same time, an unknown power started to overflow from my body! It seemed to have risen from my depths! Light purple particles started to appear around us and they surrounded my comrades. These were the particles that appeared when she was singing in the park—.
Despite what Issei have say on Shin DX 1 I'm not sure that Ingvild could have let him reach the True DXD G.

Honestly considering how much Ishi want remember to us that Issei's powers are related to girls's breast I don't mind that he has get True DXD G after having remember his love for them.
Old 2023-08-09, 09:20   Link #11147
Xuanwu

Ishibumi didn't forget Samael, but just didn't know how to handle it. Most likely they would have needed Ophis, but it seems he's saving Ophis for something else.
Old 2023-08-09, 10:34   Link #11148
shadowarc

Any news on Ishibumi's health?
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-10, 09:54   Link #11149
Xuanwu

Does anyone have speculations about the world that was created by Innovate Clear? It's said that it's the inspiration for Ajuka's [Beelzebut] game.
Old 2023-08-18, 10:39   Link #11150
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Guys who the characters that you considered to be wasted?

My are these:

The 5 unnamed and unknown Ultimate Class Devils of Hades's army: In the Volume 24 it was affirmed that Lilith have give to birth 5 Ultimate Class Devils with the potential of be Maou Class, it seem that Ishibumi may have forgotten about them cause from what I remember they weren't mentioned anymore and aren't appeared yet in the story. I think that those 5 were wasted cause they could have been redeemed and maybe join some peerage cause or maybe they could have reach the Maou's class and be used by Nebiros for his research of creating artificial Super Devils, he could have use them for testing the Malebranche's power and unleashing them again the DXD.

Sonneilon and Gressil : I don't mind that those two were defeated by Cao Cao and Tobio but for me they shouldn't have been killed, they were said to be Super Devil in future so for me they could have been used again as villains in future. They could have been join Nebiros in became Super Devils, they particular Devil Traits thanks the Malebranche could have been evolved at the point of be threat for Issei and Vali in their DXD's forms.

Dulio Gesualdo : This guy is the owner of second strongest Longinus and was said to be a genius but Ishibumi during his match again Issei in the Vol 23 make him more a like brawler than someone who is extremely dangerous cause his mastership over his Longinus's abilities. I think that is a little disappointing that someone who is defined as a genius and possesses the second strongest Longinus hasn't shown us more than what he has show far with his Balance Breakker. In theory he should be one of the characters with the greatest potential but the fact that he is one of the Reincarnated Angels (Ishibumi doesn't seem to care much about them) is penalizing him by simply making him a recurring character. He has fought Crom Cruach and was in the Vali's list of the ones he want fight so I would have expect more from him.

Ruval Phenex and his Azazel Cup: I think these guys deserved to show off in a match against Issei's team in the Azazel Cup, it has been stated that they are capable of giving some teams a hard time with God class beings due to their immortality so in my opinion Issei could have faced them before he has get the summoning of Ddraig and the ability to use Pseudo DXD for 88 minutes. Issei could have lost against them and not against the reincarnated angels, for me Dulio could have faced Vali in a fight where he would have really exploited his Longinus capabilities to the fullest instead of ending up having a fistfight like he did with Issei. Bennu is a immortal of God Class so maybe he could have resisted again Issei Pseudo DXD until the time limit of that form would haven't last longer any more, also losting again the team of her big brother could have been an a even greater psychological impact on Ravel.

Saji Genshioru: I feel sorry for Saji, this guy was one of the Issei's rivals and one he is side-line character though I understand that cause Issei's current power level he must be a serious opponent anymore. However I think that Ishibumi could have give him more, he could have a least find a way for give him a power up over his BXB and make him SG a Longinus a well. The fact that that is one the Sona's pawns and that he haven't a Longinus they are what keep him from going any further and this a shame since his abilities if they get empowered could be quite dangerous if they would be used against not ridiculously strong beings.
Old 2023-08-20, 04:38   Link #11151
Lucidrago

@Hyodou True DxD These problems have always been there since the beginning of the series but are just really in your face now.

The way Ishibumi writes villains is without any depth at all and their only purpose is to be defeated by the good guys so that they can look good and show off their power. Some villains really don't need any depth like Rizevim, Freed, and Raynate. But the other villains are pretty much just interchangeable with each other. That pretty much would have been the only purpose of those 5 Ultimate-class devils and Ishibumi never even bothered given them names which tells you what he thought of them. And Sonneillon and Gresil were the same way. And all of their personalities are pretty much indistinguishable from their power level.

Dulio has two problems and both point to the author. First is the Church and Heaven are so criminally underdeveloped it's ridiculous for such a long-standing faction. And second is that Ishibumi doesn't really know how to write long-range combatants fighting without having them just devolve to fighting with their fists, moving at godspeed, or just using a lot of teleportation. He used to actually be able to write fights like these but from the fourth arc onward this is what it has devolved to and also the fact that Ishibumi really doesn't want to write fights with too many complex abilities. Why do you think Xenovia has NEVER used Blessing or Nightmare?

I really don't think that Issei vs Ruval would have been a good idea. While Ruval was one of the top Rating Game players, Issei and his team should still be able to handle Ruval and his peerage quite easily with Ruval, Bennu, and Magnus Rose being the only real threats to Issei. Issei vs Ruval would just be a repeat of Issei vs Riser and if it was a typical Rating Game, Issei would win because he's the MC. Plus it's not like Ruval is some tactical genius in the Rating Games like Rudiger is. And them giving teams with god-class beings isn't really a great like Rias defeating an unnamed Ultimate-class devil isn't a feat.

Hard to feel sorry for Saji considering he's a side character and the main cast besides Issei gets it worse than him. They all became essentially useless in battle Against any unnamed opponent since the fifth arc begun unless it was their volume in particular where they would just get a lackluster ability. Rias, Akeno, Koneko, Kiba, Gasper, Xenovia, and Rossweisse are generally useless power-wise compared to Issei and most of their powers might as well be useless. They pretty much have no place in the series anymore as far as battles are concerned except when they're facing nameless unnamed mobs of enemies. This pretty much has to do with his central focus on Issei and other Longinus possessors like Vali, Sairaorg, Cao Cao, and Tobio. Sairaorg has more wins under his belt against named opponents than most of the main cast combined. And then he wants to bring stupidly OP characters into the mix like Strada and Crom Cruach which makes their plight even worse.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote