AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-03, 04:07   Link #41
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Yes because I'm working at the same time on Symphogear, Aquarion Evol and AKB0048! 2012 we'll be a great year for Satelight I think!
Pretty sure many will be looking forward to that.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 04:27   Link #42
ThomasRomain

We could discuss that in a more appropriate forum, but if you ask it here I'll answer your question. First, what do you dislike in the chara design of AKB0048? The way people appreciate or not character design is a very subjective matter. Personnaly I don't dislike it. I think characters are cute. But I think we need to wait to see them on the screen because the work of animation directors will probably make them look a little bit different.
Besides, Ebata san who already designed characters of Macross frontier is REALLY talented. Shery and Ranka are ones of the most popular female characters in Japan and I think that she knows what she is doing. What do you think of Macross F characters?
ThomasRomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 04:42   Link #43
Westlo
Lets be reality

Where can I see the character designs for the AKB0048 anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasRomain View Post
Yes because I'm working at the same time on Symphogear, Aquarion Evol and AKB0048! 2012 we'll be a great year for Satelight I think!
Really hope to hear something about Macross 30 towards the end of the year.. actually isn't their a countdown clock for something like that on a bandai website?

Anyway keep up the good work Thomas!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 05:04   Link #44
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

@Westlo
You can see it on the official site.
http://akb0048.jp/
Quote:
We could discuss that in a more appropriate forum, but if you ask it here I'll answer your question. First, what do you dislike in the chara design of AKB0048? The way people appreciate or not character design is a very subjective matter. Personnaly I don't dislike it. I think characters are cute. But I think we need to wait to see them on the screen because the work of animation directors will probably make them look a little bit different.
Besides, Ebata san who already designed characters of Macross frontier is REALLY talented. Shery and Ranka are ones of the most popular female characters in Japan and I think that she knows what she is doing. What do you think of Macross F characters?
Yeah sorry if I'm being harsh.
But I'm really do not expect its gonna have that kind of chara design, I'm expecting some realism on its design like in Macross F or at least Idolm@ster the animation than something that usually belong in magical girl/mahou shoujo title, especially because AKB48 is the real group, anyone would expect their anime design is kinda "real-ish".

But I guess its technical decision?
Because more simpler design gonna be easier for you guys animate in the concert and mix it in CG.

Anyway back to this title, I'm expecting some nice background for its semi-futuristic design.
Old 2011-12-03, 06:19   Link #45
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*thinks that discussion for the akb0048 anime should be taken to an appropriate thread* I personally don't mind the character designs, looks lovely to me

That said, I hope we'll see a PV for Symphogear soon.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 20:12   Link #46
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Hello everybody! I'm in charge of designing Symphogear world. It's based on an actual japanese megapole. It's not Tokyo neither Yokohama but it is inspired by it. And you're right, it is set in a nearly future so you we'll see futuristic building (like the ones you saw on the concept visuals), and control rooms, and also traditionnal shopping streets, dojos or okonimiyaki restaurants! The series is really packed with a lot of action, some fan service and a few bloody scenes... A really anime fan orientated project. I hope you will like it!
Like always, I think I'll post some production visuals on the french catsuka forum about Satelight's works during the airing.
See you!
Now that sounds interesting. I'll look forward to the first episode
Why don't you post production visuals here as well, rather than in some odd french forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
@Westlo
You can see it on the official site.
http://akb0048.jp/
I think the chara designs are cute, but the girls all look like they're elementary school girls at best, clearly too loli for me (not too fond of loli). You should've made them middle school girls or high school girls instead.
Old 2011-12-04, 04:53   Link #47
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't really mind the designs but I do find it lacking compared to Ebata's Sheryl as well as the AKB49 manga (hope this gets an anime in the future). But yeah I'll wait until I see it motion until I really judge it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That said, I hope we'll see a PV for Symphogear soon.
I'm hoping for the same!
Old 2011-12-04, 17:31   Link #48
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Looks like the official site has been updated. Episode 01 will be first broadcast on 6 January.
Old 2011-12-04, 20:50   Link #49
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm less concerned about AKB0048's character designs and more concerned about why an anime and 4 different manga of AKB48 even exist...
Old 2011-12-04, 20:54   Link #50
ThomasRomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I'm less concerned about AKB0048's character designs and more concerned about why an anime and 4 different manga of AKB48 even exist...
One answer: cash machine! When something works in Japan they really try to expand the brand as far as they can.

Fertygo> I understand what you mean now. This is true that the characters looks younger and less real than the ones in macross F. I wasn't there when the directors discussed that with Ebata san so I don't know the point. Maybe they wanted to to something different this time, because this production has already a lot in common with macross (staff, SF universe, songs...).
ThomasRomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 21:08   Link #51
Midonin
Last Engage

I know that the musical naming has more to do with it than anything, but two of the four listed characters are named "Kanade" and "Hibiki".

pixiv, I trust you know what to do with this.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 05:27   Link #52
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
AKB49 is seriously good and needs an anime adaption one day.
Old 2011-12-05, 13:49   Link #53
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
One answer: cash machine! When something works in Japan they really try to expand the brand as far as they can.
Ah, that's understandable. I figured as much. XP
Old 2011-12-06, 13:15   Link #54
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Hibiki and Kanade fighting Noise?
Yeah that's something I haven't heard of this year.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 15:22   Link #55
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Hibiki and Kanade fighting Noise?
Yeah that's something I haven't heard of this year.
Sorry but Tsubasa and Kanade are actually fighting Noise. Hibiki and Miku are there protective fans
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 15:31   Link #56
Midonin
Last Engage

That sorta kills the joke. A little leeway is allowed when puns are involved.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 06:45   Link #57
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Didn't realize the webpage has updated with a new front image:

Is that supposed to be a spear?

Site also has a "Movie" section now, though no content as of yet. Looks like we'll get a PV soon.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 13:24   Link #58
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:

Trying to decide if that is the biggest person wheeled spear I have seen in anime. Honestly I can't think of a bigger one off hand. I wonder how big is this "noise" anyway?

Quote:
Site also has a "Movie" section now, though no content as of yet. Looks like we'll get a PV soon.
I'm actually surprised that there isn't a PV yet since the site is still listing 6 January for the start.
Old 2011-12-14, 18:40   Link #59
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:

Spoiler for front image:

Great outfits there
Also - yes, the spear is kind of big. I'm sure it'll make a big badaboom when it hits that "noise"
Old 2011-12-15, 01:02   Link #60
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Great outfits there
Also - yes, the spear is kind of big. I'm sure it'll make a big badaboom when it hits that "noise"
I am still trying to figure how someone would cosplay that. I know someone will figure it out.

I wonder if that spear will be used for direct attack or will it be use to shoot energy waves/beams?

Tags
action, musical, original anime, science fiction, shounen, tragedy