AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-06-02, 22:34   Link #12481
Gravitas Free Zone

I had a game the other day with two tier 10s and one tier 9 that were AFK or idle for, individually, one minute (the first tier 10), three minutes (the tier 9), and the entire game (the other tier 10). And they were all three of the top tiers on my side.

Or, people that are separated by hundreds of miles will find a way to go to the bathroom at the exact same time?

Edited to add:

Quote:
Researched:
T95 researched. Undistributed experience spent: 165000. Free Experience spent: 0.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-06-03 at 14:41.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 02:06   Link #12482
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Unlocked the M48 recently, but I'm still waiting for a Fatton buff...that and I need to find a crew for it. Maybe sell the Lee and recycle the crew, I don't know, but I'm never selling my tiers 5-9 American mediums. They and their crew are together 4lyfe.

Alternatively, I could climb up the Japanese line. The relative mediocrity of the mid-tier Japanese mediums just means I have crew-holders for the time when I need to crew the mighty STB-1.

Even more alternatively, I could dip my toes in some T49/Hellcat action. Or ELC AMX action. For the lulz.

Choices, choices.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 09:22   Link #12483
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Or ELC AMX action. For the lulz.

Choices, choices.
I was glad to get shot of the AMX 40 because it was slower then a snail and had zero use as a scout (although I did have a bit of fun pumping shells into an arty in one match), but the ELC is just as bad instead this one has the smallest turret rotation I've seen (it's more like a TD then a light tank) although it's just another step on the ladder to the 13-90.

I've been having a bit of fun with the panzer IV H and stug III G since I have their top guns since I love it when I one shot an enemy tank, although it is limited to lower tier tanks (the best I've done is an M3 Lee when I was in the Stug III with an HE shell) but one of my more favourite kills was taking out a KV-1 at medium distance when I was in the Chi-Nu with it's starter gun and AP shells (it did take a few shots to do since I did keep on missing the weak spot a few times, but the KV-1 didn't even take any notice of my shots as I think it was a bit preoccupied at the time).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 20:28   Link #12484
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'm very used to killing tiers 3-4 tanks in one shot, actually, thanks to the magnificent M4 Sherman derp (I was also part of the golden age of the Gold M4 Derp, which was absolutely hilarious in every possible way). I'm also very used to doing 400 damage troll shots at Panzer IVs when the lulzderp penetrates, leaving them one shot from death, five modules blown apart, and raging hard.

"Sensible" people like to say the M4 does better with the 76mm. Maybe, but they are boring, their lives are boring, and they should be ashamed.

The joy of the ELC AMX that I'm looking for has nothing to do with its fighting capabilities -- I derped too many ELC AMXs to know you don't generally expect to carryhard in the thing -- and everything to do with the WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE effect, of which only the ELC AMX is capable of since the T-50-2 was erased from WarGaming's revisionist history, or maybe Batchat can also do that, though probably not a good idea in World of Tier 10 TDs.
Old 2014-06-05, 04:25   Link #12485
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
or maybe Batchat can also do that, though probably not a good idea in World of Tier 10 TDs.
I suspect that the BatChat 25t is a tank that gets exponentially more fun the better you are at the game. Unicums love playing it. I hated it when I first got it (it was my first tier 10), but I suspect I would have liked it a lot more at the skill level I had when I stopped playing in April, since I was really enjoying the AMX 13 90 at the time, and the two tanks have a very similar playstyle. And the 13 90 is even going to get buffed from what I've heard.

The Maus would probably be at the other end of that "skill-fun" spectrum.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 07:45   Link #12486
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
I was glad to get shot of the AMX 40 because it was slower then a snail and had zero use as a scout (although I did have a bit of fun pumping shells into an arty in one match), but the ELC is just as bad instead this one has the smallest turret rotation I've seen (it's more like a TD then a light tank) although it's just another step on the ladder to the 13-90.
Are you kidding? The ELC is great, easily the best scout you can get at that point. You can get close to enemies and zip away without being hit if you do it right. If an enemy is isolated you can even run circles around it despite being several tiers lower.

Of course it isn't going to kill anything except arties and other scouts, but did you expect it to? ELC is mainly for lighting up enemies and/or tracking them so your team can deal the damage.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 13:27   Link #12487
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Are you kidding? The ELC is great, easily the best scout you can get at that point. You can get close to enemies and zip away without being hit if you do it right. If an enemy is isolated you can even run circles around it despite being several tiers lower.

Of course it isn't going to kill anything except arties and other scouts, but did you expect it to? ELC is mainly for lighting up enemies and/or tracking them so your team can deal the damage.
I beg to differ (jump to 4:40)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 15:13   Link #12488
Gravitas Free Zone

FUTBOL.

They are serious.
Old 2014-06-05, 17:46   Link #12489
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Dude, I am so back in game!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 22:38   Link #12490
Gravitas Free Zone

And now back to grinding for the Object 140.
Old 2014-06-06, 05:08   Link #12491
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I recently unlocked the T-54 on my way to the Object 140 but the stock grind is killing me. It needs over 80,000 XP to get off the T-44's 175 pen gun but hopefully it is worth it. I suspect my credit balance will be shrinking for a while with excessive gold round use against tier 10 tanks.
Old 2014-06-06, 08:01   Link #12492
Gravitas Free Zone

On the bright side, the T-54 is one of the few upper-tier tanks that can live without an immediate suspension upgrade, though the extra traverse helps in the end. However, it really needs the final engine to overcome a dangerous hint of sluggishness.

Meanwhile... NA is going to loop back to the IS-7 for the On-Track that starts next week... but they didn't finish going through all the vehicles yet!
Old 2014-06-06, 10:41   Link #12493
Blaat

Same thing happened on the EU servers (and we didn't even get the STB-1 discount) which caused a bit of an uproar.
Old 2014-06-06, 22:58   Link #12494
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm thinking of rebuying the Fascist Box Tank® again while it's on sale this weekend, though I don't really need it that much other than to fill the empty hole I have in the "normal" German line at Tier 7. The first time around, I managed to squeak out a 54% WR in it despite not really knowing what the hell I was doing.

The alternative to this is the Panther, but the first time around I disliked the Panther even more than I disliked the Tiger. The pencilcannon was cute, but the game these days really revolves around alpha.

I'm also wondering if at some point I should look at the Panther II again, since I bulldozed through it the first time when I made a wild free XP run at the E-50M. This would be as an alternative to the IndienPanzer that I actually kept once I was finished with it (WR in the 58% range is not bad), but a few games to refresh myself with it during the T34 grinding event reminded me that the IP is annoying to drive. (Though right now the STA-1 is presenting a similar challenge in finding out exactly how I want to operate the thing.) The Panther II at least offers a bit better armor and fractionally-better gun handling.

Edited to add: Fascist Box Tank® re-purchased. I could play Historical Battles... wait, no, nobody plays Historical Battles.

I managed to surprise myself by getting a 61% WR over 41 games Friday. I am grinding free XP and am now trying to go through every tank in my garage (that can earn convertible free XP) one time only, win or lose. I started on Thursday night, I might be able to finish by Sunday.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-06-07 at 00:48.
Old 2014-06-06, 23:08   Link #12495
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Considering all the hype about the T-54 I was getting rather worried with my stats being way worse than on the T-44 but after getting the turret and gun I can see its potential.

Shortly after getting the gun I was able to get my ace mastery and set a new damage record although this is my first tier 9 so I guess the damage is to be expected.

Spoiler for ace:

I also need to make a decision regarding my German tank destroyer crews as I have been grinding both the Jagdpanther and the Pz.Sfl. V but only the Jagdpanther has a decent crew. If I somehow manage to get past the Pz.Sfl. V, which I absolutely despise, I was considering moving the Jagdpanther crew over to the Borsig. The main reason is actually because the crew size would then match my E-25 which I have really been enjoying lately despite the fact I rarely make much money due to the premium round usage.

I guess I'll wait for patch 9.1 and see what happens with the TD camo nerfs.

Last edited by Desu; 2014-06-07 at 10:08.
Desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-07, 20:42   Link #12496
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Someone from clan W-O-W invited me to platoon and I ended up having some of the best sessions in recent times.

Good platoons are fun.
Old 2014-06-07, 21:32   Link #12497
Gravitas Free Zone

My STA-1 bounced a shell from the mantlet today. I was surprised.

The only vehicle in the Japanese line that I've actually wholly enjoyed from the start is the Ke-Ho, and I picked that up on a whim during the T34 grind event.
Old 2014-06-09, 12:05   Link #12498
Newhope

Thought I'd try the US server, my god what a mistake that was.....
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 13:38   Link #12499
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Thought I'd try the US server, my god what a mistake that was.....
Too much lag?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 14:16   Link #12500
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Too much lag?

- Tak
Get 100ms which is more than playable, low population and the amount of T1 stat padders it's frankly sickening.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks