AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-09-12, 14:26   Link #4001
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Sad to say it, but I guess I'm dropping it. The chapters prior to the Chitoge-look-alike I only skipped through and the chapters with the Chitoge-look-alike, just say that I think the concept is too absurd. If it gets back on track I'll happily return, but until then I just avoid it rather than get riled up at what's happening.
i'm gonna miss you Sig the arguments were fun
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 14:37   Link #4002
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

we cant drop this...even if we stop looking for a few chapters.....we are going to return..that is our destiny
Old 2014-09-12, 14:38   Link #4003
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Lately I've been asking myself why am o even reading this anymore, this last chapter (also this arc) reinforced that question once more.

@noobita

But they still go through uneeded drama (in shoujo), it could all be solved by them talking but it always turns into something overly complicated, while harem go the very bland and generic path (it's worse when the mc is like Raku and is obsessed with one girl for no other reason than his own bias, we see this a lot) both are horrible at showing how real romance really work.
Uhm, why else would he be "obsessed" with her if not for his own bias/personal preference? Because love runs on emotions and stuff (even in real life! crazy, right ?). And besides, the manga is surely NOT being made to show how "real romoance" works. Unless you are totally new to manga business.
Old 2014-09-12, 14:58   Link #4004
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Uhm, why else would he be "obsessed" with her if not for his own bias/personal preference? Because love runs on emotions and stuff (even in real life! crazy, right ?). And besides, the manga is surely NOT being made to show how "real romoance" works. Unless you are totally new to manga business.
It's he barely had any contact with her before the start of the manga (as it happens in other mangas) and he kept harping that she was this perfect being (like so many mc's do) without knowing her personally apart from a "hello" or "good bye", by that point it's just stalking but the manga passes it as innocent love.

Sure he can have his own bias, but before exclaiming how perfect she is you would expect him to know her a little better because even when that happens irl peoples true self aren't what they seem, also if you're going to go and keep shoving down our throaths tat they like each other it would be better if they at keast had a good reason apart from what they superficially see, give more depth to the "romance", but because this is manga of course she was "perfect" and seems to have no flaws as a Yamato Nadeshiko type of girl and that to me seems fake and disrupts the way I experience the story, the lack of depth is maddening.

I personally would have liked it if Onodera had been different than what Raku thought of her (you know give her some character apart from "oh, she is so cute and nice") not too much but still something, but given that this is a harem we still got the usual.

And as for showing how "real romance" works I'm not asking them to go all real I'm just asking for something at least slightly more believable than otaku pandering (which sadly is never going to happen but whatever).
Old 2014-09-12, 15:00   Link #4005
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Somewhere out there is a copy that looks exactly like us. Yeah, maybe if they're from a different dimension.

This latest arc made me think Chitoge has a lost sister somewhere until the other copy mentioned her dad was Japanese.

Basically the author just recycled most of the female cast to create Maru. (Even the name is similar to Mari)

Yet, somehow, he still came out with a better creation than Chitoge.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 15:04   Link #4006
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
It's he barely had any contact with her before the start of the manga (as it happens in other mangas) and he kept harping that she was this perfect being (like so many mc's do) without knowing her personally apart from a "hello" or "good bye", by that point it's just stalking but the manga passes it as innocent love.
Funny thing is that Onodera paid as much attention to Raku as Raku did to Onodera before the manga started in fact if i remember correctly she only decided to go to Bonyari because of Raku and was devastated when she thought she failed. Those two have a mutual attraction thats very innocent.

The problem is they ran into a hammer in that Chitoge comes in becomes his gf for the reasons they did and onodera also knows very well she cant really pursue it either because of the mafia problem and all of that. Onodera being shy as all hell doesnt help either
Old 2014-09-12, 15:04   Link #4007
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
i'm gonna miss you Sig the arguments were fun
Never thought you'd say that.

But I mean, it's not like there's anything to discuss nowadays in any case. It's just beating a dead horse considering nothing's changed. When there is something to discuss in the future then it means that it has (somewhat) made progress and in that case I'm back.
Old 2014-09-12, 21:37   Link #4008
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Never thought you'd say that.

But I mean, it's not like there's anything to discuss nowadays in any case. It's just beating a dead horse considering nothing's changed. When there is something to discuss in the future then it means that it has (somewhat) made progress and in that case I'm back.
sad fact is thats not far from true its pretty boring most of the time Maruusha gives us something fun but we'll see what happens
Old 2014-09-19, 18:29   Link #4009
ImperialFlameGod8190

Sorry for the double post but o well

Well other then a few glory shots of the girls changing clothes this was an utter waste of a chapter because we learned absolutely NOTHING that we didnt already know. So what did we learn these last 4 weeks about the relationships between the characters (that we didnt already know.... nada zilch zero nothing. We got character growth but from a side character that seems to have been a 4 week experiment with chitoge changing personality's (only reason i can think she was included) Well hopefully next week a constant character gets growth

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2014-09-23 at 05:03. Reason: no need for it to be spoiler
Old 2014-09-19, 18:36   Link #4010
Singally

This chapter made me wish all the more that Chitoge and Maru would make a permanent switch.
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 18:38   Link #4011
Death Usagi
Banned

Nice knowing you Maru-chan. I am sure we won't really see you anymore in the future =w=;

Until another reappearance I guess... :s

She was such a good character too!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 19:29   Link #4012
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singally View Post
This chapter made me wish all the more that Chitoge and Maru would make a permanent switch.
funny i think the whole point of the arc was to see how fans would react to a different personality to chitoge because other then that it held very little
Old 2014-09-21, 21:57   Link #4013
OhHaiThar

Aw come on they can't just introduce a character just to kick her out like that. It can't end like this; we're going the wrong way. GDI NO IT'S A FEELS CHAPTER. Actually that might depend on your mood. It was above decent I guess. Still would be nice to return to the main plot though. Unless this was a tool to develop chitoge's feelings.

Last edited by OhHaiThar; 2014-09-21 at 22:18.
OhHaiThar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 23:44   Link #4014
Chosen_Hero

A new haremette appears: everyone complaints that there are too many and that since everyone needed to advance the plot has been introduced there is no need to add more.

New haremette leaves: everyone complaints that she isn't staying.

Me:

Pretty good chapter, but still had nothing of importance in it and missed the chance of having Maruusha tell Chitoge about Onodera and moving the plot forward.

I only hope next chapter is something remotely important and not another filler (especially an Onodera filler which is almost all of them).
Old 2014-09-22, 04:55   Link #4015
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiThar View Post
Aw come on they can't just introduce a character just to kick her out like that. It can't end like this; we're going the wrong way. GDI NO IT'S A FEELS CHAPTER. Actually that might depend on your mood. It was above decent I guess. Still would be nice to return to the main plot though. Unless this was a tool to develop chitoge's feelings.
Even if it was that chitoge's feelings really didnt develop

Quote:
A new haremette appears: everyone complaints that there are too many and that since everyone needed to advance the plot has been introduced there is no need to add more.

New haremette leaves: everyone complaints that she isn't staying.

Me:

Pretty good chapter, but still had nothing of importance in it and missed the chance of having Maruusha tell Chitoge about Onodera and moving the plot forward.

I only hope next chapter is something remotely important and not another filler (especially an Onodera filler which is almost all of them).
Its more like at first we think o crap why would u bring a girl like this into the harem. Before this chapter hm this girl is refreshing maybe she wouldnt be so bad. After the chapter okay why did you do all that for this character just to have her leave in the end

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2014-09-22 at 05:56.
Old 2014-09-22, 22:50   Link #4016
OhHaiThar

Those last 4 or was it 3 chapters just feel really pointless now. Like now that I actually think it about it, it's kind of a waste of time, effort, ink, and paper.
Old 2014-09-22, 22:57   Link #4017
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

This arc was like a tease for Chitoge fans, to see what it'd be like if Chitoge was all dere and kissed Raku. The author was writing a Doujin within his own work.

Another trope they normally use is a dream machine where all that occurs, only to wake up and find that there was no development at all.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 01:36   Link #4018
OhHaiThar

Anyone remember the last chapter # connected to the main story? I forgot x.x
Old 2014-09-23, 05:08   Link #4019
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Those last 4 or was it 3 chapters just feel really pointless now. Like now that I actually think it about it, it's kind of a waste of time, effort, ink, and paper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchytaco View Post
This arc was like a tease for Chitoge fans, to see what it'd be like if Chitoge was all dere and kissed Raku. The author was writing a Doujin within his own work.

Another trope they normally use is a dream machine where all that occurs, only to wake up and find that there was no development at all.
I agree with both of you and i said as much in my earlier posts.

Quote:
Anyone remember the last chapter # connected to the main story? I forgot x.x
It depends on what you consider the main story because depending on that i can choose a number based on that idea
Old 2014-09-23, 11:48   Link #4020
Preciize
Them Feels~

Bittersweet chapter. I hope next week's chapter will go back to the main plot.

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life