AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-07, 23:07   Link #421
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Actually the ONLY way to understand a lot of the weird things of the video is reading this novel. The movie makes a lot of more sense when you realize everything actually happen, even the weird and crappy FX.
Old 2007-12-08, 00:08   Link #422
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Besides, volume 2 explains how the cat talked and that should be covered somehow...

Old 2007-12-08, 00:34   Link #423
rg4619

Quote:
But I'm personally hoping for them to do a third adaptation of One, this time not messing it up like all the other ones.
IMO, the KSS version is quite interesting. While the OVA may be worthless to those unfamiliar with the original story, it's a lush collage of themes, memories, and re-interpreted story concepts from ONE (experimentally presented. Contrary to what you might expect, the writers weren't trying to tell a story). I can certainly appreciate it more than OVAs that try to cram an entire story into two or three episodes.

At any rate, ONE isn't polished (writing is shoddy next to Kanon. As well, all story and character concepts were recycled and done better in later works) or popular enough to hold much value, so I doubt another adaptation is likely.
Old 2007-12-08, 01:40   Link #424
kimchipride
Geass User

Code Geass Season 2 Confirmed for Spring 2008.

I would like HARUHI 2 to be Spring 2008 as well plz
Old 2007-12-08, 05:56   Link #425
Helioz

Did anyone see this link?
http://www12.brinkster.com/stratoct/haruhitimetable.htm

Second (Theoretical)

1 Endless Eight
2 One Look Lover
3 Rhapsody
4 Evanescence I
5 Evanescence II
6 Evanescence III
7 Conspiracy I
8 Snowy Mountain (Part One)
9 Snowy Mountain (Part Two) / Cat
10 Melancholy Mikuru
11 Conspiracy II
12 Conspiracy III
13 Conspiracy IV
14 Haruhi Theater

Second (Chronological)(Theoretical)

1 Rhapsody
2 Endless Eight
3 Evanescence I
4 Evanescence II
5 Evanescence III
6 One Look Lover
7 Snowy Mountain (Part One)
8 Snowy Mountain (Part Two) / Cat
9 Conspiracy I
10 Melancholy Mikuru
11 Conspiracy II
12 Conspiracy III
13 Conspiracy IV
N/A Haruhi Theater
Old 2007-12-08, 10:49   Link #426
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Besides, volume 2 explains how the cat talked and that should be covered somehow...

We can leave even without that, it's not something that worth more than 2-3 minutes (surely not the whole adaptation of that **** of volume 2).
And for what I'm concerned I'd like to forget the existence of the novel from vol. 7 onward (with the only exception of editor in chief) and some useless short like "Melancholy of Asahina" or "where did the cat go?".
I believe in kyoani, the kyoani responsible for first season, but not much in Tanigawa (who seems to have lost grip on his character very quickly). BTW a second season centered on "shoshitsu" wold be fine, for now, probably on par with melancholy.

Last edited by Woland; 2007-12-08 at 19:22.
Old 2007-12-08, 13:22   Link #427
jayfoxpox

Yeh I think those mystery chapters are boring and feels more like fillers.
What I am really looking forward to is Nagato in season 2 for
Spoiler:
:O
Old 2007-12-08, 15:54   Link #428
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helioz View Post

Second (Theoretical)

1 Endless Eight
2 One Look Lover
3 Rhapsody
4 Evanescence I
5 Evanescence II
6 Evanescence III
7 Conspiracy I
10 Melancholy Mikuru
11 Conspiracy II
12 Conspiracy III
13 Conspiracy IV
14 Haruhi Theater

1 Rhapsody
2 Endless Eight
3 Evanescence I
4 Evanescence II
5 Evanescence III
6 One Look Lover
9 Conspiracy I
10 Melancholy Mikuru
11 Conspiracy II
12 Conspiracy III
13 Conspiracy IV
N/A Haruhi Theater
That wouldn't be too bad, then.

I DO want to see Editor-In-Chief and/or Wandering Shadow animated, though...

And you think four episodes would be enough for Volume 7? It's a pretty big story...
Old 2007-12-08, 15:57   Link #429
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
We can leave even without that, it's not something that worth more than 2-3 minutes (surely not the whole adaptation of that **** of volume 2).
And for what I'm concerned I'd like to forget the existence of the novel from vol. 7 onward (with the only exception of editor in chief) and some useless short like "Melancholy of Asahina" or "where did the cat go?".
I beleive in kyoani, the kyoani responsible for first seaso, but not much in Tanigawa (who seems to have lost grip on his character very quickly). BTW a second season centered on "shoshitsu" wold be fine, for now, probably on par with melancholy.
Don't bash the author, please. He's a genius and Volume 10 should prove that when it actually comes out.

And The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru is not useless at all, it's practically required for understanding Volume 7.

Though I will agree that Where Did the Cat Go? is kind of useless, but...
Old 2007-12-08, 16:07   Link #430
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I searched long and hard for answers to why people don't get the show. One of my later findings led to SQ, Sentience Quotient, yep new factor. The rate at which your brain processes info.

One can have high IQ but low SQ at the same time.

Haruhi requires more SQ than IQ, if you're slow you don't get much, probably not past episode 1.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2007-12-08, 17:19   Link #431
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helioz View Post

Second (Theoretical)

1 Endless Eight
2 One Look Lover
3 Rhapsody
4 Evanescence I
5 Evanescence II
6 Evanescence III
7 Conspiracy I
10 Melancholy Mikuru
11 Conspiracy II
12 Conspiracy III
13 Conspiracy IV
14 Haruhi Theater

1 Rhapsody
2 Endless Eight
3 Evanescence I
4 Evanescence II
5 Evanescence III
6 One Look Lover
9 Conspiracy I
10 Melancholy Mikuru
11 Conspiracy II
12 Conspiracy III
13 Conspiracy IV
N/A Haruhi Theater
I think trying to adapt book 7 in the 2nd season would be a terrible mistake. Here are my prediction (I'm using the Baka-Tsuki translations of titles):
Season II
1. Sighs (Part I)
2. Disappearance (Part I - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody)
3. Disappearance (Part II)
4. Sighs (Part II)
5. Disappearance (Part III)
6. Editor in Chief I
7. Endless Eight
8. Editor in Chief II
9. Anime Original Episode
10. Disappearance (Part IV)
11. Snow Mountain Syndrome
12. Charmed at first sight LOVER
13. Disappearance (Part V)
14. Disappearance (Part VI)

Season III
1. Melencholy of Asahina Mikuru
2-11. Intrigues
12. Wandering Shadow
13-18 Dissociation
19-24 Surprise

This would be a full adaptation that would cover everything if 10 is the last novel in the series. My guess is that a theoretical season III would be chronological, just like in the books.
Old 2007-12-08, 19:21   Link #432
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Don't bash the author, please. He's a genius and Volume 10 should prove that when it actually comes out.
Yeah right, we'll see... but it's not that I'm bashing him.

Quote:
And The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru is not useless at all, it's practically required for understanding Volume 7.
It's required of course but it's "worthy"? I don't think so, same for the whole volume 7 which is the longer book of the series but for the most part, inconsistent. To much focused on Asahina (with Kyon constantly lost some compliment for her... ) a character who doesn't seem to shine no matter how much Tanigawa work on her. She is fine as a mascot character but that's all.
And I have to admit that I'm not enjoying very much all this time travel stuff... seems just a complicated (but not really "complex") way to stretch the story.
Old 2007-12-08, 19:29   Link #433
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:

It's required of course but it's "worthy"? I don't think so, same for the whole volume 7 which is the longer book of the series but for the most part, inconsistent. To much focused on Asahina (with Kyon constantly lost some compliment for her... ) a character who doesn't seem to shine no matter how much Tanigawa work on her. She is fine as a mascot character but that's all.
And I have to admit that I'm not enjoying very much all this time travel stuff... seems just a complicated (but not really "complex") way to stretch the story.
Volume 7 seemed to be more a vehicle to introduce the concept of the opposing forces first hinted at in Snow Mountain Syndrome, and further built upon in Volume 9.

Again, Volume 10 will finish that particular story arc.

Mikuru is SUPPOSED to be a flat character... that's kind of the point. Where I thought Volume 7 shined was the further characterization of Tsuruya, the aforementioned opposition, and, of course, how stressed Kyon became with the whole time travel situation.

Also, I'm probably wrong, but you seem to be forgetting that, unlike many studios, KyoAni adapts its work relatively faithfully. We'll be seeing Volume 7 in anime form eventually whether you think it's "worthy" or not.
Old 2007-12-08, 20:36   Link #434
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Mikuru is SUPPOSED to be a flat character...
Oh well, after all that reiteration I GET very well the point. I enjoyed it? No!
And Trusuruya development (and don't forget Koizumi) was just a small part of the thing, and not so consistent.

Quote:
Also, I'm probably wrong, but you seem to be forgetting that, unlike many studios, KyoAni adapts its work relatively faithfully. We'll be seeing Volume 7 in anime form eventually whether you think it's "worthy" or not.
I don't really get your point here, and I'm not forgetting anything: that's why I'd be fine with a second season centered on Shoshitsu.
I'm also aware that is KyoAni work who put the "Magic" on the subject with many small, but relevant things. I don't expect they'll change the subject, not in a considerable way... but I would be very happy in the eventuality.
Old 2007-12-08, 21:51   Link #435
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Yeah right, we'll see... but it's not that I'm bashing him.

In all honesty, most charecters in the story are fairly flat. Yuki is the only who has really changed from the beginning. Kyon is still the realist he was, and Suzumiya is still insane. But she has also gained a bit of maturity.

Still doesn't mean it wasn't an interesting storyline. It was enjoyable, and I would rank it 3rd on my list (Disappearence, then Melancholy, then Intrigures).
Old 2007-12-09, 23:26   Link #436
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

I agree with CA, you people seem to read the books but not actually READ them. Vol 2 The Sighs is important not only to understand the video but also shows how Haruhi actually alters the real sword, something that the anime doesnt show, its also good in terms of character development, specially if the second season puts this chapter after Snow Mountain Syndrome, just compare the Haruhi of them with now, she was willing of using and abusing her friends and she doesnt seem to care about anybody besides her, this has been slowly changing in the novels.
Where Did the Cat Go? its agian a chapter about character development, mostly focused in showing how Kyon realises that he likes being in the SOS Dan, also its a great chance for Tsuruya to shine.
And finally the Melancholy of Mikuru proves she is not just a pretty face, she is actually somebody who is not comfortable, almost willing to give up and leave and she is just beinjg obligated to be there in the SOS Dan, besides dropping some hints it helps on MIkuru growth.

The chapter Im waiting for is the Drama CD, it helps to understand what happen between the end of the anime and Disappearance.

Oh and I cant wait for Mikuru to yell: Kyon! I am your Daugther!! (Imperial march!!!)

Quote:
Mikuru is SUPPOSED to be a flat character...
She is a what? A FLAT character? You serious? She must be coup LL!

Really the only flat one is Kyon Sister.
Old 2007-12-10, 01:23   Link #437
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post

She is a what? A FLAT character? You serious? She must be coup LL!

Really the only flat one is Kyon Sister.
"Flat" in this sense meaning a character with few defining character traits. Mikuru, for example, isn't really anything more than "cute" and "easily terrified".

A "round" character, however, is a character with many defining character traits.

Flat characters can become round characters through character development, and characters that go through said development are said to be "dynamic" characters. Those that do not (Mikuru again, for the most part) are said to be "static" characters.

The irony behind female characters with large busts is that they are almost always "flat" characters.
Old 2007-12-11, 08:41   Link #438
Kiyoru

Sorry, I don't mean to seem slow yet. But is there anymore news on season 2 of Haruhi? o__O;
Old 2007-12-11, 13:31   Link #439
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoru View Post
Sorry, I don't mean to seem slow yet. But is there anymore news on season 2 of Haruhi? o__O;
Nope. Not that I know of.
Old 2007-12-11, 15:32   Link #440
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoru View Post
Just that it's going to exist. I think Kyoto is intentionally keeping us all in the dark, since they have yet to release an official episode count of Clannad, or a release date of Haruhi. We'll probably find out about it in either February or June, depending on how long Clannad runs.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen