AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 22:10   Link #201
DeathStrike
SLASH!

new video with Hancock, Ace, and Whitebeard!!
http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/02/...arriors-video/
Old 2012-02-12, 03:08   Link #202
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I personally think that this game would be really great if you can explore islands, towns and cities just like final fantasy...

discover hidden treasures, fight sea monsters and stuff..

oh how I dreamed that a one piece game would look like this
equip items and stuff...
they could add filler weapons for every straw hat character...

it would be also great if you can upgrade the ship and explore it inside and talk to your crewmates..
Though i would not use Final fantasy or Suikoden as base, I could really picture something like this.

You might be able to go to any of the 4 blue seas and travel freely exploring different islands, but when you get to the grandline it gets a bit more restricted due to the chaotic nature of the sea; traveling freely will just get you lost... But you have the log pose and following it will lead you to the islands you need to go to continue the main story of the game. However one thing you would be able to find on your travels is the log poses to particular islands that you can travel to and explore... it would be a whole lot of filler, but the exploration is the idea of the game.

you go explore towns, talk to npcs and buy stuff and all that. Gameplay wise however, i don't think turn base goes well with one piece... instead I would say an adapted form of what they already use but create something more kingdom hearts related. basically stick to real time combat. You would probably have to pick one character at a time and stick with them

Though this would not be an easy game to make; the main storyline of one piece already provides a great deal game content and it could take a good deal of time to make all those extra islands. Might be simplier to ex-out the blue seas and just start of in the grandline... much less content to deal with. And the grandline is where the most interesting stuff is gonna happen anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
One Piece would probably make a kick-ass online MMORPG.

I don't know why they make 1000s of WoW/Diablo clones and not try something new.
Eh, not sure how well that would work out. I mean one thing that would be difficult to work in would be the devil fruits given how vast and varied they are. Creating all the animations needed to cover... i mean we could be talking about 100 completely different fighting styles, all of which need to balanced and work into the game. Not to mention that the animations would have to work with customizable characters; really many of those devil fruits result in body manipulation.
Old 2012-02-12, 10:59   Link #203
marvelB

Yeah, I'd an have to agree that an RPG-type game most likely wouldn't suit OP very well. A musou-style game like this, on the other hand, fits perfectly. Personally, I'd also be all for a side-scrolling action-platformer like the one that came out for GBA a few years back, but I sort of doubt that we'll be getting another of those anytime soon....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 11:19   Link #204
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I'd an have to agree that an RPG-type game most likely wouldn't suit OP very well. A musou-style game like this, on the other hand, fits perfectly. Personally, I'd also be all for a side-scrolling action-platformer like the one that came out for GBA a few years back, but I sort of doubt that we'll be getting another of those anytime soon....
I dont know, every time I watch an episode of one piece I feel like im playing an RPG for some reason, which is why I like it...
It feels like a game like Suikoden, where you recruit members and stuff
"Ussop joined your crew!" - something like that! =)

but just like Slayer X,
It would be also cool if the battle gameplay was like Kingdom hearts.
Then after that, a gameplay of exploration where you find secret weapons and armors, your character levels up, talk to NPCs, and secret mission defeating secret bosses

I mean One Piece suits for a game like that since there are many strange creatures in One Piece like Dragons, Dinosaurs, Fighting Turtles, Sea Kings so many bosses to defeat

If we were to put One Piece in to an Rpg game, we should add filler items like Potions and stuff

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2012-02-12 at 11:32.
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 13:40   Link #205
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Also everyone except Brook is now accounted for and Robin looks delicious...
Isn't Brook in the game?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 16:36   Link #206
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ I don't see a reason why Brook wouldn't be included in the game. They'll probably be showing some of his gameplay/moves soon enough.

I'm wondering if this game will have an english voice option when it comes to North America/Europe?
Old 2012-02-12, 18:55   Link #207
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Isn't Brook in the game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ I don't see a reason why Brook wouldn't be included in the game. They'll probably be showing some of his gameplay/moves soon enough.

I'm wondering if this game will have an english voice option when it comes to North America/Europe?

I'm talking about the official site, the site kind of releasing info, screen shots and character profiles bit by bit.

I sure Brook will show up soon in next update.

I'm more shock that Mr. 1 and Mr. 3 didn't show up.

You kind of expect that minor boss might not all make appearances, but those two also appears in ID as well and Mr. 3 even play a big role in Marineford.

I also hope that rest of CP9 made the cut, I really wanted to play as Kalifa or chapapa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I dont know, every time I watch an episode of one piece I feel like im playing an RPG for some reason, which is why I like it...
It feels like a game like Suikoden, where you recruit members and stuff
"Ussop joined your crew!" - something like that! =)

but just like Slayer X,
It would be also cool if the battle gameplay was like Kingdom hearts.
Then after that, a gameplay of exploration where you find secret weapons and armors, your character levels up, talk to NPCs, and secret mission defeating secret bosses

I mean One Piece suits for a game like that since there are many strange creatures in One Piece like Dragons, Dinosaurs, Fighting Turtles, Sea Kings so many bosses to defeat

If we were to put One Piece in to an Rpg game, we should add filler items like Potions and stuff

The problem is that OP doesn't mix well with generic random battles. But if you go with the Kingdom Heart or Zelda road, then multi-character/party system won't work every well in those setting. Try to combine the two, well so far no good games has being successful on than maybe FF13, but even that game's style doesn't mesh with OP very well.

Also the transition from island to island will be a problem. The only sea-based RPG I can remember, Suikoden 4 is by far the worse of the series and I even blame that game for basically killing the franchise.
Old 2012-02-12, 19:27   Link #208
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Hopefully some villains will be playable. I'd love to wreak havoc at Marineford with my man Blackbeard .
Old 2012-02-13, 07:16   Link #209
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well there is 2ch rumor circulating that boss will be playable at some point. probably as DLC

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 08:45   Link #210
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't see why the bad guys won't be playable. It's just waiting for the announcement.
Old 2012-02-14, 05:58   Link #211
Undertaker

I would say everyone that is annouced so far are playable which would means Croc, Bon Clay, Lucci, Wapol, Kaku, Jyabura, Don Krieg, Buggy and Lapahn.

As well as spoiler from JUMP with Ace, WB, and Hancock.

Besides that seems to be what Another Log mode is for.
Old 2012-02-15, 16:09   Link #212
marvelB

Haven't seen any pictures yet, but from what I gathered from various sources is that the next SJ issue reveals Mr. 3, Magellan, Pacifista, and Aokiji as bosses (well, we kinda already knew about the last two being bosses from the early trailers....). Furthermore, there's a "Challenge Mode", which is basically a boss rush. Sounds pretty cool to me!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 23:54   Link #213
Undertaker

I don't foresee the Challenge Mode to be different from other Musou games. The usual Challenge Mode in a Musou games usually offer more sub-modes. In addition to boss rush, there should also be a time trial (on set stage), endurance (how many K.O. with one live bar), K.O. (how many K.O. in given time) and plus 1 or 2 other unique things.

These modes usually keeps the characters in their default states but with all their moves available and you can compare your score online.
Old 2012-02-16, 00:32   Link #214
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
They probably won't have ALL bosses playable, odds are they'll release some as DLC.... much like Mr. Heart for FotNS...
Old 2012-02-16, 00:48   Link #215
Undertaker

Koei, isn't usually about DLC characters. What they always do is expansion discs like Extreme Legend and Powerup Discs. I mean, the only game where they have DLC character I remember is Gundam Musou 3, and those are added characters, not character that was original available in the games.
Old 2012-02-16, 06:29   Link #216
DeathStrike
SLASH!

new scan

Magellan and Mr. 3 Make Their Way to One Piece: Pirate Warriors
Old 2012-02-16, 09:37   Link #217
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

& there's Brook i see in a screenshot. Finally.
Old 2012-02-18, 06:08   Link #218
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

http://andriasang.com/con00q/one_piece_musou_coop/

Confirmed online co-op and Jinbei playable character. That'll please Blackbeard.
Old 2012-02-19, 12:14   Link #219
DeathStrike
SLASH!

enjoy my friends! 3 more scans! they will have downloadable costumes and trophies too!

DeathStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 14:20   Link #220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The third scan is priceless.

Tags
ps3, video games