AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-23, 16:36   Link #1
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Tsubie
Legendary Idol Eriko

Hello,

Live-eviL is planning to pick up the anime classic, Legendary Idol Eriko in a few months time. It dates back to 1989 and is an story of a 14-year-old rich girl, who after experiencing an incredible twist of fate, decides to become a singer. It's a down-to-earth story guranteed to bring tears to your eyes (and any Full Moon wo Sagashite fan is a potential fan . This anime was made to promote the real-life singer by the same name, Eriko Tamura, who made her debut the same year with the anime's opening theme 'Namida no Hanbun' as her debut song.

The project is full-staffed now and our only hold-up is we can't just seem to get the lyrics anywhere. Most people in our group are looking forward to it but non of us are in possession of the CDs.

As is the case with any idol story, this series poses great difficulties for any translator, due to the songs used throughout the story. Aside from the regular dialogue, idol stories are always very difficult to translate,because translating song lyrics from Japanese to English is exceptionally difficult - maintaining the emotional meanings is very important for any idol story, and adds a level of complexity not found in any other anime. And with a series dating back to 1989, the audio source is a factor too.

We're planning to fully karaoke and remaster all our music. We have 23 songs to do and in order to romanize and t/l them, we need the lyrics. Guessing at lyrics = obvious chances of inaccurate romanization and translation. We need the CDs listed below in order to start on the series and continue it to the end. And yes, since Tofu is not t/ling it but I am, there's no chance of this project getting stalled, unlike the fates experienced by some of our other projects.

So if someone would please buy the following CDs for us and scan the lyrics provide us with them, it would be highly appreciated by all of L-E, especially me, who wouldn't be t/ling now if there was no Legendary Idol Eriko in the first place to get me into anime. Without lyrics, I highly doubt we'll be able to sub the series properly.

The CDs can be obtained from Yahoo! auctions. The sites are in Japanese but it's not essential to know Japanese to buy them. You need to be able to bid there and have to be prepared to obtain the CD's via Yahoo Auctions Proxy Services.

Here are the links for the CDs we require:

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r30224214

(just above 1 day left on the bid ~_~)

OR

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n45870742

(3 days left on the bid)

OR
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g48121879

(13 hours left)

AND

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k37908305

(6 days left ^^)

We are in desperate need of the songs lyrics covered in the above CDs.

Also, even if purchasing the CDs isn't possible, if anyone has the CD Lyrics booklets of any/some/all of the CDs below or are in possession of some of the lyrics from this show, please help us by providing them for our fansub needs.

CD list:

Idol Densetsu Eriko - OST Vol 1
Idol Densetsu Eriko - OST Vol 2
Idol Densetsu Eriko - OST Vol 3
Idol Densetsu Eriko - Best Hit Vocal
Tamura Eriko - Myself
Tamura Eriko - May be Dream
Tamura Eriko - Soyokaze no Prologue 'Istanbul Version'

CD Singles:
Tamura Eriko - Process
Tamura Eriko - Honki

If you could and would like to aid us in this matter, please contact me through forum pm, e-mail or see me in our IRC channel #live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com.

Contact info:
Live-eviL Forums Name: Tsubasa
IRC Nick: Tsubasa/Tsubie
e-mail: tsubasa@live-evil.org

*Tsubie is really hopeful.

Thank you,

-Tsubasa
Old 2006-09-23, 17:15   Link #2
mamo-chan
Fansubber

If there are any eriko fans out there, you'll be doing a good deed for #live-evil and yourself.

Help get "Idol Densetsu Eriko" subtitled faster
mamo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 17:27   Link #3
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

-Tsubasa
Old 2006-09-23, 17:45   Link #4
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubie
So if someone would please buy the following CDs for us and scan the lyrics provide us with them, it would be highly appreciated by all of L-E, especially me, who wouldn't be t/ling now if there was no Legendary Idol Eriko in the first place to get me into anime. Without lyrics, I highly doubt we'll be able to sub the series properly.

The CDs can be obtained from Yahoo! auctions. The sites are in Japanese but it's not essential to know Japanese to buy them. You need to be able to bid there and have to be prepared to obtain the CD's via Yahoo Auctions Proxy Services.
Amazing. Just some weeks ago, I posted on animesuki's fansub help thread that I was in need on a translator to start my fansub of Eriko, since I have the DVD-raws. But now I see I'm not the only one willing to fansub (and what a group!)!

I'd like to help in any way I can. I just don't know if I'll be able to buy the CDs. And - don't take this offensively - why can't you buy the CDs yourselves? But I'll try and see what I can do on this matter anyway.

Anyway, the only thing I have are the CD-rips (mp3) of most of those CDs, that I was albe to "scavange" on the internet.

But there might be another way. There is a chance that someone in the spanish forum (www.malditasgalletas.com) where I obtained most of the eriko's mp3 may have those CDs and, therefore, those booklets. Or at least let's hope for it. I'll go investigate there.
Old 2006-09-23, 18:23   Link #5
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

I cannot buy the CDs myself because where I live, it's impossible. In the middle of nowhere and International money order and stuff aren't really popular. Plus I am not legal so no credit card for me too. Most importantly, I don't live in the west. If the other staff thought I could buy them myself, they'd have told me that. Price pretty low, just I'm not able to. Any help would be appreciated. I don't even speak Spanish. -_-

-Tsubasa
Old 2006-09-23, 18:25   Link #6
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

I see. Well, I'll still try to help, as mentioned earlier.

BTW:

Quote:
We're planning to fully karaoke and remaster all our music
That spanish forum has released a non-subtitled version of a DVD-rip of eriko, with spanish and japanese audio. But because the japanese audio from the DVDs is rather crappy, they're planning on using the japanese audio from the original LDs, which they claim to have better quality. This "version 2" is still underway and the 1st ep is still to be released.

I remembered this because you mentioned you were going to remaster the songs, I assumed you were going to "mix" the CD-quality songs in the ep audio, like with "Captain Harlock".
Old 2006-09-23, 18:37   Link #7
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Not exactly like Harlock. Harlock was released in 3 audio tracks on the mkv, the original mono, stereo, and 5.1 surround and it had sound effects applied to it. We're only replacing the songs and the BGMS with stereo version, which is quite a lot of work itself. Eriko won't probably be released in mkv, but avi.

-Tsubasa
Old 2006-09-23, 20:46   Link #8
kes

Wink

Quote:
Hello,

Live-eviL is planning to pick up the anime classic, Legendary Idol Eriko in a few months time.

CD list:

Idol Densetsu Eriko - OST Vol 1
Idol Densetsu Eriko - OST Vol 2
Idol Densetsu Eriko - OST Vol 3
Idol Densetsu Eriko - Best Hit Vocal
-Tsubasa
Hi,

I have been waiting the sub for this series for more than 10 years but unfortunately I cannot find any so far. The same for Idol Tenshi Youkoso Yoko. I have the DVD-Box for Yoko already and should have the 2 DVD-Boxes for Eriko soon but I like sub more.

I'm glad L-E is going to sub it. It's just a great news By the way, I have the above 4 CDs. Let me know if you still need it/them. You can find me on JDC and Q-R channels @ I-A
kes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 01:10   Link #9
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
It's not the actual CD's it's the booklets that accompany the CD's as they'll have kanji lyrics in them and yes if you can scan the lyric booklets for L-E, Miss Tsubasa would be ecstatic to tal to you.

As any translator will tell you, kanji lyrics for a song makes it exceptionally easy to do.

Also we have the DVD raws for the show in it's entireity from our lovely pig loving Mr Sindobook who also encodes Mami for us (the connection is probably obvious).

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 01:53   Link #10
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Hello, cool, 4 CDs would do the work. If you had the CD booklet for the best hit vocal, and could scan them and up them for us it would be enough. Then all we would need is someone with the 'Myself' --- which covers rest of the songs.

And it's not Sindobook, SindosPig, who encodes them.

-Tsubasa
Old 2006-09-24, 04:31   Link #11
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Not exactly like Harlock. Harlock was released in 3 audio tracks on the mkv, the original mono, stereo, and 5.1 surround and it had sound effects applied to it. We're only replacing the songs and the BGMS with stereo version, which is quite a lot of work itself. Eriko won't probably be released in mkv, but avi.
Actually, what I I meant was exactly what you just described for eriko's release. My bad, sorry.
That's very cool , but it's also incredibly hard to do. I tried it once, but my audio mix kept having phase desincronizations.

Still, did you read about that LD audio thing I mentioned before? If you're interested, PM me. I'm just trying to help on making Eriko's best fansubbing ever; even better than the original DVDs! I just hope I'm not sounding too presunptuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kes
I'm glad L-E is going to sub it. It's just a great news By the way, I have the above 4 CDs. Let me know if you still need it/them. You can find me on JDC and Q-R channels @ I-A
Great news! This is most fortunate, since I wasn't getting much results from my investigation... I'm so frustrated... I want to help so much, but everything always seems to end up nowhere...
Old 2006-09-24, 12:24   Link #12
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Yes, LD Music and lyrics from those 4 CDs would both help us a lot. Thank you.

-Tsubasa
Old 2006-09-24, 12:53   Link #13
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Ok, people have been trying to help but they came to me with lyrics I already have. So I to avoid causing people people the bother of going all the way to contacting me whereas I already have them, here is my current list of lyrics, which I've had with me for over a month now:

Romaji Only (Need the kanji still)
Namida no Hanbun
Rolling Night
Warrior
Ame no HAIUE

Kanji + Romaji (complete)
Locomotion Dream
Honki
Process
Sukiyo
Unchained Heart

I need all the other lyrics from this series except those mentioned above.

-Tsubasa

Last edited by Tsubie; 2006-09-24 at 15:28.
Tsubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 18:38   Link #14
YaoiBoy
[Live-eviL] Naughty Boy
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to YaoiBoy
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to working on this show. It looks pretty inspiring and the music is good. I've got a first draft of episode 1's audio done and I think this is going to work out pretty well. The final file format for the releases are yet to be determined. Does anyone here have a preference?

Take care,
YaoiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 19:07   Link #15
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kes
Hi,
I-A what network is that?

-Tsubie
Old 2006-09-24, 21:12   Link #16
deathbygirl

Quote:
I-A what network is that?
irc.immortal-anime.net, I assume.
deathbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 04:23   Link #17
Cloudy-Sky

Great work Live Evil. I'm very happy your continuing to fansub 80's anime.
Cloudy-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 12:09   Link #18
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoiBoy
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to working on this show. It looks pretty inspiring and the music is good. I've got a first draft of episode 1's audio done and I think this is going to work out pretty well. The final file format for the releases are yet to be determined. Does anyone here have a preference?

Take care,
I think a 235 MB avi, with a nice lots-and-lots-of-quality-type VBR mp3 would do nicely, hehe.
Old 2006-09-25, 15:34   Link #19
Cloudy-Sky

yeh stick with the .avi format otherwise your get a hundrend posts about which codec people need.
Cloudy-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 17:53   Link #20
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Hmm, but first I need the music lyrics. -_- And 160 AVI is enough. Otherwise I can't sub at a decent pace.

-Tsubasa