AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-30, 20:12   Link #61
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Well their was that AB who Claire, Cynthia and Yuma killed before running into Rubel. She had to ditch her lower body first though. Though with her and Agatha, it does seem like some AB's can switch their forms if they need to.

So if Priss is a fallen angel would Teresa be a devil of justice?
Pretty much -- that's how I was thinking of it anyway....Claire I think would have something similar as well.

Or perhaps, Claire would become that, and Teresa would, upon meeting Claire and changing, would become more akin to the angel people make her out to be -- nevertheless, they all will have some darker demonic-twist to whatever they become, as that is part of becoming Awakened Beings.

While Priscilla had ruined wings to symbolize her "fall from grace", maybe Teresa would have beautiful feathery wings, but black and dark -- what I get in my head is akin to what Galadriel said if she possessed the One Ring -- "Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the sun! treturous as the sea! All shall love me and despair!".

Claire, definitely would be that demon of justice -- batwings, satyr-like, all that.

--

100% agree with everything you say Arlanis, though it's not just how they imagine themselves as, remember, how they turn out is beyond their control -- though, yes, a symbolic representation of themselves plus perhaps a bit how they fancy/imagine themselves probably also contributes to how they become.

Personally, I imagined Hysteria would become something Swan-like or an animal that's seen as very graceful and beautiful - apparently though, she becomes something like a praying mantis.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-11-30 at 21:09.
Old 2011-11-30, 20:23   Link #62
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
what I get in my head is akin to what Galadriel said if she possessed the One Right -- "Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the sun! treturous as the sea! All shall love me and despair!".
You just had to use quote from Lord of the Rings

Great movie.

But i do understand what you mean by it.

Random, but i thought of this when you used that quote
"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them"

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-30, 22:36   Link #63
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
No you are right Claymore, out of the 3 male ABs that first attacked in the Pieta arc one of them was an insect that flew. If memory serves me right it was the one Helen, Jean, and Cynthia took out. It was the 3 scouting party ABs, the same patch that freaked Undine out. As for Jean, I think it is a matter of us only seeing about 3 pages of the form before she returns to normal.

edit: Yeah, the AB in chapter 53 also had insect wings.
Andit's not just ABs, even standard Yomas can have wings...

This being said, AB's form seems to sometimes reflect their psyche (Isley, Rigaldo...).
Maybe it is linked to their subconscious and what is most precious to them? (Agatha was completely obsessed with protecting her human form that she preserved as such anyway in a sea of tentacles, while Rigaldo hated being called Silver Eyed Lion King but his appearance still reflected this).

So imo form has little to nothing to do with power, but rather their inner subconscious .. perhaps something (the last thing) that ties them to what it meant to be human...
Old 2011-11-30, 22:47   Link #64
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Random, but i thought of this when you used that quote
"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them"

Spoiler for I can see it now... Claymore + Lord of the Rings:
Old 2011-11-30, 23:45   Link #65
Arlenis
Of Lights

I suppose the praying mantis can........jump spontaneously at sharp speed and distance........................*rolls eyes* Yeah that still sucks. A swan DOES sound superb Shiek, now doesn't it?
Claymore!, Yagi might asspull and have Miria be able to battle with her slightly which should be IMpossible. Cynthia, Yuma, and Tabitha are going to go and get themselves MESSED up I'm sure.
I would do ANYthing for a spoiler pic at the moment. SHEESH! HELP!

P.S RYUS!!! How dare you include the Goddess Galatea amongst the mortals doomed to die!
Old 2011-11-30, 23:53   Link #66
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
P.S RYUS!!! How dare you include the Goddess Galatea amongst the mortals doomed to die!
Hey, yell at Helen for leaving the blob next to the Holy City, then Galatea not making them get it the F*** away.

Honestly though I just had to include her somewhere... I mean would you really rather Raftela get a spot and Galatea be ignored and totally forgotten about?

The "Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die" was just me listing the warriors whom choose to side against the org, whether by action or inaction. Raftela also wasn't quite there until the org forced her hand...
Old 2011-11-30, 23:57   Link #67
Arlenis
Of Lights

YES Ryus! YES! Ignored but remembered... Not inCLUDED to be slaughtered! Oh...and yeah....the fact that they brought that blob so close to my beautiful Galatea Sama...is just shameful and disgraceful. No tact. Neither that drunk, Helen, nor that Dr. Phil wanna be, Deneve, have any ounce of regard for Galatea... I'm glad she didn't help those trollops!
Old 2011-12-01, 00:01   Link #68
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
YES Ryus! YES! Ignored but remembered... Not inCLUDED to be slaughtered! Oh...and yeah....the fact that they brought that blob so close to my beautiful Galatea Sama...is just shameful and disgraceful. No tact. Neither that drunk, Helen, nor that Dr. Phil wanna be, Deneve, have any ounce of regard for Galatea... I'm glad she didn't help those trollops!
Look at it this way... being side lined for the rest of the series is akin to dying as a character.

Lets look at it from another characters pov... Is Irene dead? Or is she alive? How about, WTF does it matter she's not in the plot anymore.
Old 2011-12-01, 00:16   Link #69
Arlenis
Of Lights

*Winces* Oh, oh you blaspheme against the mother Galatea.
Ryus, what do you think Roxanna's method of attack will be if Cassandra's is still Dust-Eating related then what will Roxanna's be related to? This suspense is KILLIN' me.
Old 2011-12-01, 00:59   Link #70
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
I don't like the idea of Cassandra suddenly turned from a somewhat timid and reserved figure to some punk who can't say a sentence without dropping the word "sh*t" in between.
If that's true (and everything seems to indicate it is) then Cassandra's new nickname should be shit(ty) connoisseur or shit-eater as someone else suggested (sorry, don't remember who it was).

Anyway, I don't care about Claymore this month if Clare isn't there and plot barely goes forward (i.e. Deneve and co. appear at the end) and NO ONE DIES. And as Ryus pointed out since the spoiler was posted by Gene I'm >90% sure it's credible. On the other hand Gintama and Hunter x Hunter have had consecutive, weekly awesome chapters. Especially Hunter x Hunter. In the recent one there is more carnage than in the last two volumes of Claymore combined and it's a WSJ title, lol. That says something about how everything changed. Not so long ago Claymore's level of gore was comparable to Gantz, now it's Bleach level.
Old 2011-12-01, 01:11   Link #71
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
*Winces* Oh, oh you blaspheme against the mother Galatea.
Ryus, what do you think Roxanna's method of attack will be if Cassandra's is still Dust-Eating related then what will Roxanna's be related to? This suspense is KILLIN' me.
Since I'm a blasphemer Galatea will just have to give me a spanking as divine punishment

Anyways... my guess as to how Roxanne could defeat Cassandra is she'll somehow learn to mimic Raftela's mind rape and/or yoki manipulation attack and then move in for the kill against Cassandra, since Roxanne seemed very interested in that weird ability. I would include her prefect sword playing a part but a) she's now awakened and b) we don't know what it is but we do know that somehow with it her at rank 5 could take on a #1 without special abilities with it. So as an AO vs AO that ability if usable by an AO could really level the playing field barring a Irene/Teresa power gap
Old 2011-12-01, 01:25   Link #72
Gooral
Banned

If they will start fighting each other Priscilla will be left with no work to do. Unless Yagi isn't planning to release her from the blob before the situation with ZAOs resolves itself and we will see Clare vs. Priscilla fight after all. But that's doubtful. Deneve and co. come this chapter and Priscilla will come the next one unless Yagi intends to prolong the story even further (hopefully not, Claymores shouldn't last even 5 minutes with these creatures).

Anyway, unless ex-ghosts grab warriors and get out I don't think I'll stop ranting because obviously Yagi isn't willing to kill anyone besides randoms (I'm not even sure he's willing to kill randoms, we will see if Claymores that were struck down by Hysteria will survive, I'm guessing they're alive) and probably Deneve and the rest will be fighting Abyssal, in this case Hysteria, since Cassandra will be fighting Roxanne. Now that I think about it, the main reason why Roxanne was such a bitch and killed Cassie was so that Deneve and co. would stand even a remote chance against AO (and taking into account shounen schematics they will probably defeat her which will be another ridiculous thing to the long list) since they would awaken no matter what. So Chloe and Sistina for example could be the other two but because Yagi wanted Deneve and Miria to shine he couldn't bring them in (unless they would also have a reason to fight with each other).
Old 2011-12-01, 01:45   Link #73
Ulquihorror

it would make so much sense if clare arrives naked to the scene and decapitates anastasia while stepping on audrey and plucking out rachel's right eye to use it as a projectile so it penetrates right through the head of hysteria, thus saving miria from potential death.
Old 2011-12-01, 01:59   Link #74
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
it would make so much sense if clare arrives naked to the scene and decapitates anastasia while stepping on audrey and plucking out rachel's right eye to use it as a projectile so it penetrates right through the head of hysteria, thus saving miria from potential death.
For some reason, I'm imagining that scene being done Quentin Tarantino style.
Old 2011-12-01, 08:09   Link #75
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
I'm surprised we haven't seen any creative spoof sketches of Hysteria's awakened form, like last chapter with Cassie. Although some of those turned out being eerily accurate....
Spoiler for 2ch sketches, in spoiler tags for size:
Old 2011-12-01, 08:17   Link #76
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Spoiler for images, in spoiler tags for size:
Cookie worthy (once I get to a mailbox that allows bulk postage that is )

Nice design for Hysteria, though I imagined more legs.

Though forgive me for wanting more from the Roxanne one.

Did you do them or are they jokes from baidu?
Old 2011-12-01, 08:22   Link #77
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Did you do them or are they jokes from baidu?
From 2ch, I changed the spoiler comment to reflect. (Sorry, since I was responding to Falcor, I didn't take into account that some people might not have seen the sketches from the previous thread where their origin was mentioned.)

Edit: The "spoiler guy" aka ◆jtrxkjgmDCj8 (who originally posted the spoiler relayed by Gene) expressed his amazement if these were drawn without seeing the chapter (esp. the first one, he says).

Last edited by yononaka; 2011-12-01 at 08:39.
Old 2011-12-01, 08:46   Link #78
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Here's a crazy idea I had. What if the Blob shoots out rods, that end up hitting the ghosts, and rather than causing them to awaken, powers them up?
Old 2011-12-01, 09:02   Link #79
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Mmmm....I guess I can see see Hysteria being considered "elegant" if she looks like that -- elegant in an eerie way I suppose, the same way a spider....or Riful and some of the "creepier" looking forms could be called. Doesn't beat my Swan-idea, but whatever.

MAN, you put alot of thought into that Ryus, I want to rep you for that - I can't believe you said Clarice was doomed to die though >__<, but she definitely qualifies as a mortal man . Am I too assume that Raki is Priscilla's throne?

As for Cassie becoming a punk....it figures coming from the transformation; that said, deep down, she undoubtedly is still a timid figure. It's just a matter of time and bringing it out until we see her like that again.

I'm not complaining at all about her AB personality; again, it figures -- and it's symbolic in a sense in that she was timid and meek, and now she has all the power, and she's arrogant and harsh -- everything has been twisted, but she undoubtedly is still meek underneath; it's like given a bullied high-school nerd a loaded gun -- suddenly, they are the boss. Again, it's just a matter of now reaching out to her and bringing those meek traits back out, since it's not like they've suddenly disappeared. She's still the one I hope the most will receive her happy ending.

I'm still hoping for the shrimp twins to die to be honest -- at any rate, I would be really surprised now if nobody died considering what's going on right now.
Old 2011-12-01, 09:51   Link #80
little_angel
Watching From Above

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Spoiler for 2ch sketches, in spoiler tags for size:
Is it me or Hysteria looks like this machine
Spoiler for machine: