AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 00:01   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 638 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-07-09 at 07:02.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 00:55   Link #2
Lunarskylar

638 is out

explains how obito pulled his magic trick, however there's doubt on whether or not he still has his mind.

wondering what madara's trump card is
Old 2013-07-09, 00:57   Link #3
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

lawl tobirama getting one shotted like nothing
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:40   Link #4
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Spoiler for 638:

Last edited by Emilis; 2013-07-09 at 01:57.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:54   Link #5
itachi-san314

guys you should really put anything about 638 in spoiler tags. this isn't the thread for it

Spoiler for but yea:
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:57   Link #6
Lunarskylar

Spoiler for reply:
Old 2013-07-09, 02:13   Link #7
Kafriel
Senior Guest

hmm...
Spoiler for 638:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 03:56   Link #8
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
hmm...
Spoiler for 638:
Spoiler for 638:
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 05:12   Link #9
Tchadnis

new chapter is out
Spoiler for 638:
Old 2013-07-09, 07:09   Link #10
Pentium
Uchiha

Time for Naruto to pull something out of his pants it seems or Madara to join the fray as a good guy?

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 07:25   Link #11
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-If that line expressing confusion at being called Obito is true, maybe I am going to get my wish after all. See, I always maintained that neither Madara nor Obito should be able to succeed in controlling the 10-tails on their own. After all, it took a literal god among men and father of all ninjutsu, Sage of Six Paths, to contain it as its jinchuuriki. Whatever made Obito and Madara (powerful though they may be, but I still say they're not on the Sage's level) think they could do the same is, at the moment, not working. Hopefully the 10-tails rips Obito apart from the inside and Madara's trump card fails miserably, so they finally get the kind of ending they deserve: go down as absolute failures.
Old 2013-07-09, 07:36   Link #12
Monster0

I don't see how in this state Obito can perform infinite tsukuyomi.it's hard to say right now, too soon, because O-bi-to was crazy already.But it seems his mind is fried.Madara obviously can't be ruled out ,and what he has up his sleeve is anybodys guess.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 07:51   Link #13
HasuMasu
*Artist

Looks like Final Getsuga Tensho.
Old 2013-07-09, 07:53   Link #14
shalala

I wonder what the 10 tails looks like while in him. Does it talk to Obito, Can obito talk to it? Still for an incompleate version it does look cool. And seeing how Madara side is no longer attached to him he now seems to be free to do what ever he wants that is of course if he can control the 10 tails that inside him. As for Madara other plan I thinking its some kind of seal that he would use on Obito to control his body.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 07:54   Link #15
HasuMasu
*Artist

The Ten Tails is supposed to be a force of nature with no will anyway.
Old 2013-07-09, 08:47   Link #16
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh darn!!!! please tell me that's just another mokuton's clone!

I don't want to see Hashirama and Tobirama got ripped like that

last boss is here!!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 08:55   Link #17
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
oh darn!!!! please tell me that's just another mokuton's clone!

I don't want to see Hashirama and Tobirama got ripped like that

last boss is here!!!
they are Edo tensei they wouldnt just die like this .. they are like Madara..

Obito didn't seem like a jinchuriki , it looked more like the Bijuu having control over him then him over it
Old 2013-07-09, 09:09   Link #18
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Obito not being in control could explain that not everyone can do that. This is probably where only Naruto will be able to control it.
Old 2013-07-09, 11:18   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n

It seems that the 4th hokage will finally have to give his "gift" to Naruto, although i would like to see him fighting a bit more, like half a chapter before he hands the other half of the kyuubi or whatever else his "gift" is to Naruto. It should be a massive powerup, i expected that Hashirama will be defeated eventually so that the new generation comes into the spotlight, but i never expected that it will happen so suddenly and that the power is so overwhelming as we saw it. I hope it's sage mode + full kyuubi mode (with the "gift") that will take the fight to the next level. As for Sasuke, if Naruto gets a powerup but he doesn't that would be kinda strange, bu apart from him getting a rinnegan only when Naruto powers him up i can't think of any other powerup for Sasuke that would have any chance against Obito.

The other possibility is that Obito decides to not fight them directly, in that case Naruto and Sasuke don't need massive powerups right now. In that case he may begin to break down before he begins a direct fight against Naruto and company and then they need much less powerups. Also since it's originally Madara's plan it might be that Madara will block Obito's full control and he should know the weakness of this incomplete 10-tails.

It would also be nice if in the next chapter we get some sage of the 6 paths "lore", because right now this "final form" stuff doesn't make much sense if we don't know what's the difference. In DBZ in case of Cell or Freeza it was clear what's happening, but here there's no information at all until now.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 11:37   Link #20
DarkHollowIchigo

Ish just got real.....